Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,325 members, 7,954,312 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:28 PM

Let Us Go Vertical And Earn Some Income. - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Let Us Go Vertical And Earn Some Income. (21059 Views)

"Vertical Sack Farming" My Pains, My Joy! My Experience So Far By: Organicfoods / Magic Of Hydroponics Soiless/ Vertical Farming / Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let Us Go Vertical And Earn Some Income. by ijames: 8:11pm On Jan 02, 2016
Pavore9:

Since vertical sack farming is something new in Nigeria, the sacks are not locally sold. It is brought in from Kenya.

Mr Pavore9, can we chat about this farming methods here's my number 08160026679, whatsapp 08157480656 Thanks
Re: Let Us Go Vertical And Earn Some Income. by Jesusbaby6(f): 8:15pm On Jan 02, 2016
ijames:

Mr Pavore9, can we chat about this farming methods here's my number 08160026679, whatsapp 08157480656 Thanks

I have replied your email but my phone is not allowing me send it. Sorry please
Re: Let Us Go Vertical And Earn Some Income. by Jesusbaby6(f): 6:24pm On Jan 03, 2016
Pavore9:
Picture 1. Harvesting beetroots

Picture 2. Maize in the mix

Picture 3. The woman harvesting from sack makes $4 from the sales of vegetable from each of her sack weekly (Vegetables are far cheaper in Kenya in comparison to Nigeria)

Picture 4. A mix of vegetables and tuber.

Sir I saw your mail but I cannot reply as my phone is not allowing me send messages since Thursday. Happy new year
Re: Let Us Go Vertical And Earn Some Income. by Pavore9: 6:29pm On Jan 03, 2016
Jesusbaby6:

Sir I saw your mail but I cannot reply as my phone is not allowing me send messages since Thursday. Happy new year

You really need to fix it up soonest. I will keep you updated on the apple seedlings when logistics have been sorted out as sending out seedlings is no small matter.

1 Like

Re: Let Us Go Vertical And Earn Some Income. by Jesusbaby6(f): 6:59pm On Jan 03, 2016
Pavore9:

You really need to fix it up soonest. I will keep you updated on the apple seedlings when logistics have been sorted out as sending out seedlings is no small matter.

Ok sir
Re: Let Us Go Vertical And Earn Some Income. by Kalusam(m): 9:17pm On Jan 03, 2016
Vertical Tomato farming on my small net house!

3 Likes

Re: Let Us Go Vertical And Earn Some Income. by gaussy(m): 10:14am On Jan 09, 2016
Vertical grow bags now available

call now to order yours

Buy and get a free pack of either lettuce or coriander

080three5841172

1 Like

Re: Let Us Go Vertical And Earn Some Income. by Pavore9: 11:36pm On Feb 16, 2016
Jesusbaby6:

No ma they have not. Have yours arrived?

Have the Chia seeds arrived? Just remembered it because l got to know that the grew it here do have about 5kg in stock, part of their last harvest and the market value of the 5kg is $200. I saw a thread in the health section where someone is offering 100g of Chia seeds for N2,000.
Re: Let Us Go Vertical And Earn Some Income. by Jesusbaby6(f): 10:10am On Feb 17, 2016
Pavore9:

Have the Chia seeds arrived? Just remembered it because l got to know that the grew it here do have about 5kg in stock, part of their last harvest and the market value of the 5kg is $200. I saw a thread in the health section where someone is offering 100g of Chia seeds for N2,000.

They have arrived sir but I am yet to plant them as I am not presently around to do it
Re: Let Us Go Vertical And Earn Some Income. by greetings(f): 10:25am On Feb 17, 2016
Loving this pictures stories, kalusam. Keep it up.
My problem remains SOIL. Please how do you identify good soils to put in sacks? Also where is the best place to get it?

Started my own little gardening too.. I needed to transplant but not enough soil so I used saw dust mixed with cow manure as growing media.... so far so good.
Even if I buy sacks there's no soil...
Some are already dying n yellowish,coz of less space. I even planted some on pvc pipes I cut into half.

Re: Let Us Go Vertical And Earn Some Income. by greetings(f): 10:54am On Feb 17, 2016
Jesusbaby, have you gotten your tomatoes sacks? How strong and durable are they? Also where do you order for your seeds online that delivers to abuja for you? Thank you.
Re: Let Us Go Vertical And Earn Some Income. by Pavore9: 11:03am On Feb 17, 2016
Jesusbaby6:

They have arrived sir but I am yet to plant them as I am not presently around to do it

When you are ready to plant it, do let me know so l can link you up with someone who would mentor you through it.
Re: Let Us Go Vertical And Earn Some Income. by Jesusbaby6(f): 1:24pm On Feb 17, 2016
Pavore9:

When you are ready to plant it, do let me know so l can link you up with someone who would mentor you through it.

Ok sir. Is the person in Nigeria? Thanks I appreciate. Any news about the sisters and the seeds?
Re: Let Us Go Vertical And Earn Some Income. by Pavore9: 2:24pm On Feb 17, 2016
Jesusbaby6:

Ok sir. Is the person in Nigeria? Thanks I appreciate. Any news about the sisters and the seeds?

Based here in Kenya, the guy that just harvested his chia seeds. Yet to visit the Sisters as it is a long distance from where l am. Which seeds are you referring to?
Re: Let Us Go Vertical And Earn Some Income. by Jesusbaby6(f): 2:40pm On Feb 17, 2016
Pavore9:

Based here in Kenya, the guy that just harvested his chia seeds. Yet to visit the Sisters as it is a long distance from where l am. Which seeds are you referring to?

The hybrid tomato seeds Anna f1 and tylka f1
Re: Let Us Go Vertical And Earn Some Income. by Pavore9: 7:20pm On Feb 17, 2016
Jesusbaby6:

Ok. I will follow it up again.
Re: Let Us Go Vertical And Earn Some Income. by greetings(f): 8:21pm On Feb 17, 2016
Jesusbaby6:

Abeg,make Una pity me no ignore my questions. Abeg
Re: Let Us Go Vertical And Earn Some Income. by Jesusbaby6(f): 9:06pm On Feb 17, 2016
greetings:
Jesusbaby, have you gotten your tomatoes sacks? How strong and durable are they? Also where do you order for your seeds online that delivers to abuja for you? Thank you.

No vex sir. The sacks are ok. As for the seeds it depends on the seeds you want. But I order on aliexpress.com and use free shipping to the post office nearest you
Re: Let Us Go Vertical And Earn Some Income. by lanre2009: 5:20am On Feb 18, 2016
Jesusbaby6:

No vex sir. The sacks are ok. As for the seeds it depends on the seeds you want. But I order on aliexpress.com and use free shipping to the post office nearest you

I also ordered on aliexpress and chose free shipping. The items were delivered to my house in Lagos at no extra charges.
Re: Let Us Go Vertical And Earn Some Income. by Pavore9: 5:55am On Feb 18, 2016
lanre2009:

I also ordered on aliexpress and chose free shipping. The items were delivered to my house in Lagos at no extra charges.
Which seeds did you order for?
Re: Let Us Go Vertical And Earn Some Income. by lanre2009: 7:16am On Feb 18, 2016
Pavore9:
Which seeds did you order for?

Tomato seeds. Just for the fun of it.....and surprisingly i ordered it after Jesusbaby ordered her chia seeds, i received the tomato seeds long before jesusbaby got her chia seeds.
Re: Let Us Go Vertical And Earn Some Income. by Pavore9: 7:46am On Feb 18, 2016
lanre2009:

Tomato seeds. Just for the fun of it.....and surprisingly i ordered it after Jesusbaby ordered her chia seeds, i received the tomato seeds long before jesusbaby got her chia seeds.

That is life for you! The Chia seeds is part of what I would have grown if l were on ground as it is a very high value crop as a kilo of it sells for about $40.
Re: Let Us Go Vertical And Earn Some Income. by lanre2009: 10:14am On Feb 18, 2016
wow....does it sell for that price when it is exported or sold locally?

Pavore9:

That is life for you! The Chia seeds is part of what I would have grown if l were on ground as it is a very high value crop as a kilo of it sells for about $40.
Re: Let Us Go Vertical And Earn Some Income. by Pavore9: 11:10am On Feb 18, 2016
lanre2009:
wow....does it sell for that price when it is exported or sold locally?

Someone here on Nairaland is offering 100g for N2,000 and l guess he/she imported it because l am yet to see it grown locally.
Re: Let Us Go Vertical And Earn Some Income. by lanre2009: 2:47pm On Feb 18, 2016
Nice.....thanks boss for the heads up
Pavore9:
Someone here on Nairaland is offering 100g for N2,000 and l guess he/she imported it because l am yet to see it grown locally.
Re: Let Us Go Vertical And Earn Some Income. by Onegai(f): 3:57pm On Feb 18, 2016
Pavore9, Please if someone wanted to invest in a farmer, how would they go about it? What do you look for in a farm to know which one would be profitable, what parameters apart from knowing the farmer is responsible. Thanks.
Re: Let Us Go Vertical And Earn Some Income. by Pavore9: 6:35pm On Feb 18, 2016
Onegai:
Pavore9, Please if someone wanted to invest in a farmer, how would they go about it? What do you look for in a farm to know which one would be profitable, what parameters apart from knowing the farmer is responsible. Thanks.

Anyone who wants to invest in an existing farm has every right to look into the financial records of the farm, take out time to personally feel the operations, know the target market of the farm and most IMPORTANTLY a documented agreement should be drawn up clearly stating each party's responsibility, return on investment and penalties when there is a breach.

NEVER get sweet-tongued into parting with your funds without due diligence on the farm and the farmer as some have been swindled!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let Us Go Vertical And Earn Some Income. by Liadi2(m): 8:59pm On Feb 18, 2016
Pls Wat is d best cucumber seed?
Re: Let Us Go Vertical And Earn Some Income. by greetings(f): 9:26pm On Feb 18, 2016
Jesusbaby6:

Am a woman o. Thank you for replying. .. will order them soon.

1 Like

Re: Let Us Go Vertical And Earn Some Income. by greetings(f): 5:59pm On Mar 24, 2016
Hello everyone, pavore9, kalusam and anybody here. Please, where can I get soil to put in these grow bags.. I intend to grow potatoes but getting the soil....I don't know how and where. Thanks
Re: Let Us Go Vertical And Earn Some Income. by cleavon(m): 10:22pm On Mar 24, 2016
Kalusam:
Vertical Tomato farming on my small net house!

Please what did you in constructing the net..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Invest In Snail Farming Within 6 Months Harvest / Banana Plantation And Plantain Plantation..which Is More Profitable? / In Nigeria, We Love Building Houses More Than Agriculture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.