Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,701 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Breaking News: Court Adjourns Ruling On Saraki's Case - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Court Adjourns Ruling On Saraki's Case (2408 Views)

Ecowas Court Strikes Out FG Request On Nnamdi Kanu's Case, Adjourns The Ruling / Judge Withdraws From Saraki’s Case Over Negative Reports / List Of 84 Senators That Passed Vote Of Confidence On Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Court Adjourns Ruling On Saraki's Case by prosperous13: 2:03pm On Dec 03, 2015
The Supreme Court on Thursday, December 3,
2015, adjourned the ruling on Senate president, Dr
Bukola Saraki’s application to February 5, 2016.
After hearing on the submission by both counsels,
the chief judge, Mahmud Mohammed, leading a
panel of seven other judges, said ruling on the
matter will be heard next year.
At the hearing following submissions by counsel
to the Senate president, it was observed that the
Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) in its trial headed
by the chairman, Danladi Umar, was not properly
constituted.
Daudu said the CCT is also not a court of
competent jurisdiction to hear a criminal case.
However, in his objection, the defending counsel
representing the federal government, Rotimi
Jacobs argued that the submissions made by
Daudu lacks merit.
He argued that the tribunal was properly
constituted as only two members were required
to form a quorum which empowers the tribunal to
sit.
But one of the judges intersecting said report
before the court has it that that tribunal was
constituted with two members of the tribunal
including the chairman which is contrary to
Schedule 15 of the constitution.
The constitution states that the Code of Conduct
Tribunal must be constituted with the chairman
and two other members of the tribunal.
But the dedends counsel, Rotimi Jacobs urged the
court that by the words used in the constitution,
the court is limited in criminal jurisdiction.
“What we are saying is that the power to
prosecute must rely on section 174 and 211 of
the constitution and all other powers must bow
to this sections,” Jacobs added.
He finally urged the court to dismiss the appeal
by Saraki.
Following this, the counsel to the senate
president, Joseph Daudu said he had no further
reply to his colleague’s arguments.
The senate president is alleged to have falsely
declared his assets to the Code of Conduct
Tribunal.
The supreme court in its previous ruling ordered
that the proceedings of the CCT be suspended.

Source: https://www.naij.com/655347-just-court-adjourns-ruling-sarakis-case.html

Re: Breaking News: Court Adjourns Ruling On Saraki's Case by benedictnsi(m): 2:06pm On Dec 03, 2015
Re: Breaking News: Court Adjourns Ruling On Saraki's Case by ShowYourCertificate: 2:09pm On Dec 03, 2015
Make I follow Saraki laugh grin grin grin

This government is insincere in its fight against corruption. Even APC titans like Saraki, Dino Melaye, Timpre Sylva, Audu Abubakar (RIP), Shehu Sani, etc. knows this. Buhari is simply going after all PDP chieftains and his perceived enemies within the APC. He will never succeed in this fight against corruption if he's biased. But will he understand? No way, he's a dullard.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Court Adjourns Ruling On Saraki's Case by AceRoyal: 2:12pm On Dec 03, 2015
ummmmm
Re: Breaking News: Court Adjourns Ruling On Saraki's Case by Nobody: 2:13pm On Dec 03, 2015
Its not far, just 9 weeks from today...5th February 2016 is a Friday...a day where some people's weekend would be filled with disbelief after the ruling shocked

Chief Justice Mahmud Mohammed, leading a panel of seven other judges, said ruling on the matter will be heard next year.I trust this man!
Re: Breaking News: Court Adjourns Ruling On Saraki's Case by fistonati(m): 2:15pm On Dec 03, 2015
They will postpone it till eternity, naija things
Re: Breaking News: Court Adjourns Ruling On Saraki's Case by mozel247: 2:18pm On Dec 03, 2015
And someone really think this country still have destiny.. Then ACJA is nothing before the rich.. Anti corruption my foot.. Pmb had lost it. Had he listen to his party to intervene and stop saraki Senate presidency.., Then we wouldn't be in this mess.. Today I finally give up on Nigeria getting salvation from Buhari government..
Re: Breaking News: Court Adjourns Ruling On Saraki's Case by NgeneUkwenu(f): 2:47pm On Dec 03, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
[s]Make I follow Saraki laugh grin grin grin

This government is insincere in its fight against corruption. Even APC titans like Saraki, Dino Melaye, Timpre Sylva, Audu Abubakar (RIP), Shehu Sani, etc. knows this. Buhari is simply going after all PDP chieftains and his perceived enemies within the APC. He will never succeed in this fight against corruption if he's biased. But will he understand? No way, he's a dullard[/s].

Sincere9igerian, I can understand Your pain..
Re: Breaking News: Court Adjourns Ruling On Saraki's Case by cktheluckyman: 2:51pm On Dec 03, 2015
At this rate the hemaphrodite NgeneUKWUenu would die of cardiac arrest before the end of thge year!!Saraki would be almost a year in office and yet his trial at the CCT will be yet to commence LOL
Re: Breaking News: Court Adjourns Ruling On Saraki's Case by yimikaa: 3:06pm On Dec 03, 2015
WTF undecided
Re: Breaking News: Court Adjourns Ruling On Saraki's Case by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 03, 2015
This change is a scam. Believe it at your own peril. Joker Govt.
Re: Breaking News: Court Adjourns Ruling On Saraki's Case by Nobody: 5:40pm On Dec 03, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Why is saraki's case elongating
Re: Breaking News: Court Adjourns Ruling On Saraki's Case by wachakuta(m): 5:54pm On Dec 03, 2015
Saraki knows his ways around d Judiciary ooh
Re: Breaking News: Court Adjourns Ruling On Saraki's Case by mbhs139(m): 6:33pm On Dec 03, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:

This government is insincere in its fight against corruption. Even APC titans like Saraki, Dino Melaye, Timpre Sylva, Audu Abubakar (RIP), Shehu Sani, etc. knows this. Buhari is simply going after all PDP chieftains and his perceived enemies within the APC. He will never succeed in this fight against corruption if he's biased. But will he understand? No way, he's a dullard.

Your parents, I'm sure, will cry their eyes and heart out if they see this your post. They will be so disappointed to have wasted so much in educating you.
Re: Breaking News: Court Adjourns Ruling On Saraki's Case by mbhs139(m): 6:35pm On Dec 03, 2015
mozel247:
And someone really think this country still have destiny.. Then ACJA is nothing before the rich.. Anti corruption my foot.. Pmb had lost it. Had he listen to his party to intervene and stop saraki Senate presidency.., Then we wouldn't be in this mess.. Today I finally give up on Nigeria getting salvation from Buhari government..

Me think some of you don't even know exactly what you post about, you are just some lucky chap whose parents are bouyant enough to afford an android phone for. What has PMB gat to do with a Supreme Court decision?
Re: Breaking News: Court Adjourns Ruling On Saraki's Case by mbhs139(m): 6:38pm On Dec 03, 2015
keyzid:
This change is a scam. Believe it at your own peril. Joker Govt.

I don't know what's the govt own in this particular post. Didn't you people do GST 101-Nigerian People and Government. Isn't there a difference between the Executive and the Judiciary? Supreme Court rules, reserves judgement till a certain time, and you are here blaming government and some of your blaming PMB. Mtchew
Re: Breaking News: Court Adjourns Ruling On Saraki's Case by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 03, 2015
mbhs139:

I don't know what's the govt own in this particular post. Didn't you people do GST 101-Nigerian People and Government. Isn't there a difference between the Executive and the Judiciary? Supreme Court rules, reserves judgement till a certain time, and you are here blaming government and some of your blaming PMB. Mtchew
When the head is right, all other sections that follows behave normal. Receive sense pls.
Re: Breaking News: Court Adjourns Ruling On Saraki's Case by jamace(m): 6:43pm On Dec 03, 2015
grin grin grin grin Make I follow Saraki laugh. grin grin
Re: Breaking News: Court Adjourns Ruling On Saraki's Case by mbhs139(m): 6:45pm On Dec 03, 2015
keyzid:

When the head is right, all other sections that follows behave normal. Receive sense pls.

So, what head is not right Mr Sense giver? Is it that of the CJN, PMB, Senate President or Speaker?

Don't you get...? We are talking about the Supreme Court reserving its judgement till a particular time, and some of you here are blaming the Fed Govt and PMB. What is the correlation if I may ask? So, who needs sense now?
Re: Breaking News: Court Adjourns Ruling On Saraki's Case by Nobody: 7:13pm On Dec 03, 2015
mbhs139:

So, what head is not right Mr Sense giver? Is it that of the CJN, PMB, Senate President or Speaker?

Don't you get...? We are talking about the Supreme Court reserving its judgement till a particular time, and some of you here are blaming the Fed Govt and PMB. What is the correlation if I may ask? So, who needs sense now?
You must stop dwelling in your pool of blindness and ignorance for you to have asked me the correlation between PMB and supreme court. And your text depicts you as a small boy who knows nothing about Nigeria politics. Swerve.
Re: Breaking News: Court Adjourns Ruling On Saraki's Case by ShowYourCertificate: 8:16am On Dec 04, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Who's this Sincere9igerian guy sef. I tried checking up his profile but I got Error404
Re: Breaking News: Court Adjourns Ruling On Saraki's Case by mbhs139(m): 8:33am On Dec 04, 2015
keyzid:

You must stop dwelling in your pool of blindness and ignorance for you to have asked me the correlation between PMB and supreme court. And your text depicts you as a small boy who knows nothing about Nigeria politics. Swerve.

Me, small boy!? Hmm!

Well, I don't blame you. It is a man's level of trainning and exposure that determines the way he reasons. Because for me, I still don't see how they correlate, I mean PMB and the Supreme Court. Perhaps you should be reminded that the CJN is also a man of himself. But how would you open your hatred filled eyes to this fact when you only choose to believe in what you want to believe in.
Re: Breaking News: Court Adjourns Ruling On Saraki's Case by Franzeez(m): 8:49am On Dec 04, 2015
Keneking:
Its not far, just 9 weeks from today...5th February 2016 is a Friday...a day where some people's weekend would be filled with disbelief after the ruling shocked

Chief Justice Mahmud Mohammed, leading a panel of seven other judges, said ruling on the matter will be heard next year.I trust this man!

see this new born baby who does not know Nigeria
Re: Breaking News: Court Adjourns Ruling On Saraki's Case by Franzeez(m): 8:54am On Dec 04, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

We can bring saraki to your court nah... U and ur paymasters court in Lagos. Asiwaju will bebthe chief judge while u will be the lead counsel. I knew if the judge had said Saraki is guilty, u will be the first to create a new thread a out it..... Hypocrisy
Re: Breaking News: Court Adjourns Ruling On Saraki's Case by mozel247: 4:22pm On Dec 15, 2015
HahahaHarsh..
My dear get got a lot to do..
Where was he wen saraki stage his Senate presidency coup.. Where was he when saraki collude with the Dg dss to hide the real deal behind the widely publicised sss robbery..? Are u aware the money was buy justice..

Well my parent may be bouyant as u claimed but i think am not as frustrated as u despite all ur hustling.. Am a self made man...

mbhs139:

Me think some of you don't even know exactly what you post about, you are just some lucky chap whose parents are bouyant enough to afford an android phone for. What has PMB gat to do with a Supreme Court decision?

Re: Breaking News: Court Adjourns Ruling On Saraki's Case by mbhs139(m): 7:49pm On Dec 15, 2015
mozel247:
HahahaHarsh..
Where was he wen saraki stage his Senate presidency coup.. Where was he when saraki collude with the Dg dss to hide the real deal behind the widely publicised sss robbery..? Are u aware the money was buy justice..

Well my parent may be bouyant as u claimed but i think am not as frustrated as u despite all ur hustling.. Am a self made man...

I don't even understand this your talk. I don't know how it relates to what I posted. Perhaps I have lost touch with the discussion. Can you please remind me. Thanks.
Re: Breaking News: Court Adjourns Ruling On Saraki's Case by mbhs139(m): 8:04pm On Dec 15, 2015
mozel247:
HahahaHarsh..

Haha haha. Did you say self made and in the same breadth call me frustrated? My dear, I bet you have not come across a frustrated man before, may we not be one.

You see my friend, one of the ills of social media is that it gives us the opportunity to throw insults at whoever even though we don't know them.

Well, I won't come down to your level. I will stop at that.

And talking about self made, I bet you're no where near that definition. I know those who are... Samson Siasia, is one of us, Emanuel Amunike, daddy showkey, et all. This are the self made of my generation. We were born and bred in AJ City, and today we hold our heads high-up in our respective chosen endeavour.
Re: Breaking News: Court Adjourns Ruling On Saraki's Case by mozel247: 5:23pm On Dec 21, 2015
Oh u short memory right..?
Apology for throwing tantrum at u.
Ur short memory a Los made u posted that at the first instance

mbhs139:

I don't even understand this your talk. I don't know how it relates to what I posted. Perhaps I have lost touch with the discussion. Can you please remind me. Thanks.
Re: Breaking News: Court Adjourns Ruling On Saraki's Case by DeviIhimself: 5:24pm On Dec 21, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:

i concur
Re: Breaking News: Court Adjourns Ruling On Saraki's Case by RockMaxi: 5:28pm On Dec 21, 2015

This is laughable, CCT has proven this case beyond doubt that the accused is guilty of false asset declaration and we are here permutating about quorum or not.

Assuming a lower level officer is the accused, will they dilly-dally this much.
Re: Breaking News: Court Adjourns Ruling On Saraki's Case by DeviIhimself: 5:28pm On Dec 21, 2015
let's celebrate saraki (corruption) since TonyeBarcanista and co are celebrating timipre sylva, Tinubu, Amaechi, Oshiomole, Fashola, bullharry, Atiku and other apc corrupt bastards
cc

chukwudi44 grin

finally chukwudi44 yaf win ngeneukwenu cheesy
Re: Breaking News: Court Adjourns Ruling On Saraki's Case by baralatie(m): 5:34pm On Dec 21, 2015
DeviIhimself:
let's celebrate saraki (corruption) since TonyeBarcanista and co are celebrating timipre sylva, Tinubu, Amaechi, Oshiomole, Fashola, bullharry, Atiku and other apc corrupt bastards
cc

chukwudi44 grin

finally chukwudi44 yaf win ngeneukwenu cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Herdsmen: We Are Surrounded, We Need Guns! / Igbos And Nigerians / Nigeria Army Giving Parade Command In Hausa In Maiduguri (translated) (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.