Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,507 members, 7,830,518 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Oshiomhole To Okonjo-iweala: I Await Your Lawyer’s Letter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole To Okonjo-iweala: I Await Your Lawyer’s Letter (1158 Views)

Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save / Oshiomhole To Ize-iyamu: You’ll Go To Jail First Before Probing Me / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Attends Her Son's Movie Premiere In Hollywood (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomhole To Okonjo-iweala: I Await Your Lawyer’s Letter by mynaija123(m): 4:15pm On Dec 03, 2015
Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State has told the former Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister of the Economy, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala that he is awaiting the letter from her lawyers, but that she should explain to Nigerians how so much sleaze went unnoticed under her watch rather than parrying the issues.

Reacting to the former Minister’s statement, the Governor’s Special Adviser on Media, Prince Kassim Afegbua said rather than respond to issues, Okonjo-Iweala was making self-indicting statements on how she denied Edo people the funds needed to develop critical infrastructure. “She should be ashamed to even state that she denied Edo people infrastructure loan, when she could not redeem what was due to the state. Would there have been need for loan request if she was truly in firm control of the economy under her watch?

He said: “Is it not ridiculous that the former Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister of the Economy pretends to be ignorant of the sleaze and primitive looting of the nation’s treasury under her watch? Does it not prick the conscience of Okonjo-Iweala that so much financial improprieties were perpetrated right before her nose and yet wants to be celebrated as a super Minister? Does she want to absolve herself of the abysmal performance of the economy under her watch during the Jonathan years?

“From the revelations so far and the manner in which our resources were plundered in the last administration, it is crystal clear that Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala was grossly incompetent to manage the nation’s economy especially on account of the huge sums of money running into billions of dollars that were stolen under her watch. Such incompetence will be further complicated if it is assumed that she looked away while some people helped themselves to the nation’s treasury.  Either way, she is complicit.

“We have no doubt in our mind that, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, from all indications, has shown a remarkable attributes of a voodoo economist and one who rather than answer very simple questions by way of clarifications, easily condescend to base sentiments to divert attention. She has numerous questions to answer with respect to the management of our collective patrimony. What manner of a Finance Minister will allow huge sums of money to be withdrawn from the Central Bank of Nigeria with whimsical stroke, dealing with individuals in a way that eliminate the usual control that should be the hallmark of such body? How can a World Bank former Managing Director allow such conduct right under her watch without raising concerns?

Those organizations which have been trying to dash her awards must as a matter procedure carry out due diligence to properly score her, else, one would have cause to suspect that such awards may have been procured.  Anyone giving her award will be doing Nigeria and Nigerians a great disservice in the face of on-going investigations and revelations that have exposed the rotten underbelly of the Okonjo-Iweala years. In the meantime, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole awaits the letter from Okonjo-Iweala’s lawyers, but she should be reminded that public officers are accountable to the people and should be ready to answer questions on their role while in office or out of it.”

Prince Kassim Afegbua

Special Adviser, Media & Public Affairs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole To Okonjo-iweala: I Await Your Lawyer’s Letter by cktheluckyman: 4:19pm On Dec 03, 2015
This shameless short man again!! Has anyone in your lineage ever gotten to the level of achievement of NOI in Nigeria?

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole To Okonjo-iweala: I Await Your Lawyer’s Letter by petrov10: 4:20pm On Dec 03, 2015
the black short hungry looking man

grin
Re: Oshiomhole To Okonjo-iweala: I Await Your Lawyer’s Letter by Day11(m): 4:22pm On Dec 03, 2015
Oshio get bad mouth.

Ah ah wat happin
Re: Oshiomhole To Okonjo-iweala: I Await Your Lawyer’s Letter by mynaija123(m): 4:24pm On Dec 03, 2015
Lalasticala.

I think oshiomole is right on this matter, she is supposed to be held responsible for the country finances rather she presided over the sharing of it.

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole To Okonjo-iweala: I Await Your Lawyer’s Letter by mynaija123(m): 4:35pm On Dec 03, 2015
cktheluckyman:
This shameless short man again!! Has anyone in your lineage ever gotten to the level of achievement of NOI in Nigeria?

With the rate you rushed to post your insult are you sure you read the story at all?

Why the hatred on this man for talking, if he knows about Nigeria's stolen money is it not nice for him to talk?
Okonjo iweala should come and defend herself shikena.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole To Okonjo-iweala: I Await Your Lawyer’s Letter by cktheluckyman: 4:38pm On Dec 03, 2015
mynaija123:

With the rate you rushed to post your insult are you sure you read the story at all?

Why the hatred on this man for talking, if he knows about Nigeria's stolen money is it not nice for him to talk?
Okonjo iweala should come and defend herself shikena.

What is there for NOI to defend? If you have anything against her why don't you lay it bare!! Oshiomhole in all his rantings has not been able to adduce any evidence to prove that NOI engaed in any act of corruption!! He should go ahead and present any proof of corrupt dealings before we begin to talk about defence.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole To Okonjo-iweala: I Await Your Lawyer’s Letter by bros12345: 4:40pm On Dec 03, 2015
I think Ngozi should just coms and settle this man. Haba.
Re: Oshiomhole To Okonjo-iweala: I Await Your Lawyer’s Letter by Jesusloveyou: 4:40pm On Dec 03, 2015
cktheluckyman:
dis is just d problem of nigerians, he said those achievement were bought, like d case of ur clueless corrupt ogogoro hero that bought his phd without thesis, he with dis useless ngozi iwela allow dasuki and madueke to ruin d economy

5 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole To Okonjo-iweala: I Await Your Lawyer’s Letter by cktheluckyman: 4:48pm On Dec 03, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
dis is just d problem of nigerians, he said those achievement were bought, like d case of ur clueless corrupt ogogoro hero that bought his phd without thesis, he with dis useless ngozi iwela allow dasuki and madueke to ruin d economy

Lolz bros don't make me laugh abegi!! Okonjo is a first class material from harvard and spent virtually all her career at the world bank.Obasanjo had to beg her before she accepted comming into his cabinet.She is an internationally certified finance expert and I don't expect anyone who is a fan of illiteracy or forgery of WAEC certificate to know that.

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole To Okonjo-iweala: I Await Your Lawyer’s Letter by egift(m): 4:49pm On Dec 03, 2015
Oya Ngozi send the Letter and stop using the awards you bought to cover things. How can you Coordinate our finances and Dasuki will lay hands on $2.1 billion and you claim you did not know?

5 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole To Okonjo-iweala: I Await Your Lawyer’s Letter by Jesusloveyou: 4:51pm On Dec 03, 2015
cktheluckyman:

What is there for NOI to defend? If you have anything against her why don't you lay it bare!! Oshiomhole in all his rantings has not been able to adduce any evidence to prove that NOI engaed in any act of corruption!! He should go ahead and present any proof of corrupt dealings before we begin to talk about defence.
what proof or evidence are u looking for again, u allow people to steal under ur watch, under or inside ur office, is she not d coordinating, super or prime minister? Is cbn not under her watch,? She and gej must go to jail

5 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole To Okonjo-iweala: I Await Your Lawyer’s Letter by itstpia8: 5:01pm On Dec 03, 2015
Hm, aunty plara is rocking our enviable guvnor o.

Oga just developed wings since she arrived.

Let any poor person come and make mouth now, you'll know whats up and why you should not talk if you are a black and shine ugly woman.
Re: Oshiomhole To Okonjo-iweala: I Await Your Lawyer’s Letter by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 03, 2015
I believe Ngozi knew but looked away. That in itself is bad. The Ngozi that was under OBJ would have resign. The Ngozi under Jonathan changed maybe because her resignation would have ridicule Jonathan who is in this case is from south south like her.

her sentiments is understandable but not commendable.

if we are all sincere, she can not completely wash her hands off the case. She may not have been involve directly, she knew but kept her mouth shut.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole To Okonjo-iweala: I Await Your Lawyer’s Letter by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 03, 2015
cktheluckyman:

Lolz bros don't make me laugh abegi!! Okonjo is a first class material from harvard and spent virtually all her career at the world bank.Obasanjo had to beg her before she accepted comming into his cabinet.She is an internationally certified finance expert and I don't expect anyone who is a fan of illiteracy or forgery of WAEC certificate to know that.

I believe Ngozi knew but looked away. That in itself is bad. The Ngozi that was under OBJ would have resign. The Ngozi under Jonathan changed maybe because her resignation would have ridicule Jonathan who is in this case is from south south like her.

if we are all sincere, she can not completely wash her hands off the case. She may not have been involve directly, she knew but kept her mouth shut.
Re: Oshiomhole To Okonjo-iweala: I Await Your Lawyer’s Letter by Nobody: 5:05pm On Dec 03, 2015
cktheluckyman:

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole To Okonjo-iweala: I Await Your Lawyer’s Letter by adconline(m): 5:07pm On Dec 03, 2015
Same Oshiomole who depleted his state's finances and had to be bailed by FG? He has to ask FG to guarantee a loan so that he could pay workers?? Meanwhile states like Anambra with less federal allocation are doing just fine..

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole To Okonjo-iweala: I Await Your Lawyer’s Letter by scriib: 5:22pm On Dec 03, 2015
Anal reasoning (reasoning through the anus) is a gift that shamefully many people are born with. NOI has a case to answer one way or another but being the minister for finance does not mean she controlled every account directly. Can this man sit and think. TSA only just came to exist. This is the problem with children in politics. Oga focus on governance. Develop Edo state for Gods sake and stop noise making. Allow the relevant agencies to work and leave igbo buttocks alone.
Re: Oshiomhole To Okonjo-iweala: I Await Your Lawyer’s Letter by Nobody: 5:39pm On Dec 03, 2015
Adams Osh-o-m-ole is a renowned tout.
I hate that useless man so much that i can volunteer to .... ? Him.

His is too envious to be a governor.

He nor his children nor great grand children will never be compared to N.O Iweala.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole To Okonjo-iweala: I Await Your Lawyer’s Letter by ogmaskman: 6:12pm On Dec 03, 2015
it beats my imagination when pple scream 'you and your generation can never achieve what NOI has achieved". For me the only achievement worthy of celebration is one that favours the man on the street.
Degrees do not do the work.
Bill gates who dishes out millions of dollars yearly thru his foundation has no degree.
On this matter she is complicit one way or another. It's not about positions held in the past but about results.
She was the finance minister so she couldn't have feigned ignorance. If it is established that money was stolen she definitely will answer questions.
I side with osho on this.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole To Okonjo-iweala: I Await Your Lawyer’s Letter by mynaija123(m): 6:28pm On Dec 03, 2015
[quote author=cktheluckyman post=40653180]

What is there for NOI to defend? If you have anything against her why don't you lay it bare!! Oshiomhole in all his rantings has not been able to adduce any evidence to prove that NOI engaed in any act of corruption!! He should go ahead and present any proof of corrupt dealings before we begin to talk about defence.[/quot0e]

What oshiomole has against her is that she cant claim to be incharge of Nigeria's finances and dont know that Dasuki was sharing a whooping 2 billion dollars thats over 300 billion naira.
Re: Oshiomhole To Okonjo-iweala: I Await Your Lawyer’s Letter by mynaija123(m): 6:29pm On Dec 03, 2015
cktheluckyman:

What oshiomole has against her is that she cant claim to be incharge of Nigeria's finances and dont know that Dasuki was sharing a whooping 2 billion dollars thats over 300 billion naira.
Re: Oshiomhole To Okonjo-iweala: I Await Your Lawyer’s Letter by mynaija123(m): 6:34pm On Dec 03, 2015
People should learn to look at things critically rather than just taking sides out of sentiments. Our nation is at stake here.

I call on others out there who have any information about our common wealth to come out and speak and not aid thiefs by keeping shut.

(1) (Reply)

Igbos Let's Forget About BIAFRA, NIGERIA Needs Us / N1.4trn Fine: FG Calls Mtn’s Bluff, Says Dec 31 Deadline Subsists / “#buharigate” As The Limit Of Obstructionist Politics, By Garba Shehu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.