Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

How Do You Explain Miracles, Incantations And Magic? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do You Explain Miracles, Incantations And Magic? (3033 Views)

Can Atheist Explain Miracles To Me / Iwori Meji Incantations And Translations / We Are Using Witchcraft, Satanism And Magic’ – Confesses Prophet Kautsire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Explain Miracles, Incantations And Magic? by logoscope(m): 4:55pm On Dec 03, 2015
How do you explain miracles, incantations and magic? I know that there are several evidence to proof that the annunaki created humans by genetic manipulation. But it still doesn't explain how or why magic, incantation or miracles work. Any explanation here? Thanks.
Re: How Do You Explain Miracles, Incantations And Magic? by tripplephi: 4:59pm On Dec 03, 2015
logoscope:
How do you explain miracles, incantations and magic? I know that there are several evidence to proof that the annunaki created humans by genetic manipulation. But it still doesn't explain how or why magic, incantation or miracles work. Any explanation here? Thanks.

pls provide CLEAN proof of annunaki or whatever you call them and how exactly they made humans.... see FOLLOW Jesus Christ and rest your case.... the bible has an answer for you...Deuteronomy 29:29.

The book of GENESIS is the most unfaultable fact about existence and creation.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Explain Miracles, Incantations And Magic? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 03, 2015
tripplephi:

pls provide CLEAN proof of annunaki or whatever you call them and how exactly they made humans.... see FOLLOW Jesus Christ and rest your case.... the bible has an answer for you...Deuteronomy 29:29.

u rightly nullified his assertion that his religion holds the ground to human creation... then again told him that urs holds the ground of human creation with backups from ur Bible....

Is the Bible enough evidence of human creation?..

does ur Bible mentioned why there are blacks, whites, Asians, Caucasian?...

what makes u think his is wrong and urs is correct?
Re: How Do You Explain Miracles, Incantations And Magic? by logoscope(m): 9:12pm On Dec 03, 2015
If the annunaki created humans, who/what created the supernatural that we experience. I mean magic, miracles, etc
Re: How Do You Explain Miracles, Incantations And Magic? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 03, 2015
tripplephi:

Lmfao.
What do you know about the universe beyond the Bible?
Feeding your brain with sawdust from ages ago. Sorry eh.
Re: How Do You Explain Miracles, Incantations And Magic? by Heavenly102: 11:38pm On Dec 03, 2015
each situation needs investigation, 'psychics' and 'miracle workers' used to be feared in the streets of London ages ago as they used tricks to bamboozle and hoodwink the masses. These were later proved to be frauds most of these guys are frauds so do not accept hearsay as proof. Look at what David Blaine does in front of live audiences and yet they are all tricks.
Re: How Do You Explain Miracles, Incantations And Magic? by winner01(m): 12:09am On Dec 04, 2015
Many things arnt logical or rational. The chief of them all is the HUMAN EXISTENCE
Re: How Do You Explain Miracles, Incantations And Magic? by logoscope(m): 10:19am On Dec 04, 2015
Heavenly102:
each situation needs investigation, 'psychics' and 'miracle workers' used to be feared in the streets of London ages ago as they used tricks to bamboozle and hoodwink the masses. These were later proved to be frauds most of these guys are frauds so do not accept hearsay as proof. Look at what David Blaine does in front of live audiences and yet they are all tricks.
True, modern magic are tricks which are performed exceptional well. But what of real magic. Take for instance Yoruba chams, magical portions, e.t.c.
Re: How Do You Explain Miracles, Incantations And Magic? by Heavenly102: 1:05am On Dec 05, 2015
these 'witch doctors' and 'spiritual gurus' should avail themselves for investigation by learned and by people with no fabric of superstition; that way people can judge for themselves. Many people in Africa have been traumatised and their brains are no longer able to fully grasp reality due to the mass suffering that happens in Africa on a daily basis.

They are desperate to believe in something, it gives them a sort of comfort. Sadly they open themselves to powerless charlatans.

You have a whole village using these charms and it only works for one or two people only, and the supplier is lauded with praise and gratulation.
If this stuff works the way it is advertised then the Europeans ought to have no chance against Africa, the Philippines, Latin America and anywhere where superstition runs amok. and yet the ones strongly hooked on this 'magic' stuff is at the bottom of the lot.

Don't get me wrong I believe in God, just not in superstition. I believe God is a God of sense not confusion.
Re: How Do You Explain Miracles, Incantations And Magic? by orisa37: 5:41am On Dec 05, 2015
Miracles are blessings and remarkable occurrences that are inconceiveably received and enjoyed without side effects. Incantations are memoirs and formulae often recited to give effects to the problems being solved. Magics are tricks.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Explain Miracles, Incantations And Magic? by logoscope(m): 8:11am On Dec 06, 2015
I've researched about the Bible and the oldest Bible in the world is in direct conflict with modern Bibles. Especially the issue of ascension and resurrection which is supposed to be the basis of the Christian faith.
Re: How Do You Explain Miracles, Incantations And Magic? by logoscope(m): 8:18am On Dec 06, 2015
logoscope:
I've researched about the Bible and the oldest Bible in the world is in direct conflict with modern Bibles. Especially the issue of ascension and resurrection which is supposed to be the basis of the Christian faith.
By the way, I am(or now, was) a Christian. I studied the Bible very well and I noticed that all Pentecostal churches pay tithe. Meanwhile according to the modern new testament, tithing is wrong(check my created topics). But some how pastors uses it to reap people of. So it was not that I was all out against Christianity. I was only objective and saw that Christianity is all made up.
Re: How Do You Explain Miracles, Incantations And Magic? by urahara(m): 10:36am On Dec 06, 2015
tripplephi:

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/pope-francis-says-genesis-account-creation-true/

In Genesis
The light is created before the sun.

"In the beginning" 
When was the universe created?
The Gap Theory 1:1-2

The Genesis 1 creation account conflicts with the order of events that are known to science. In Genesis, the earth is created before light and stars, birds and whales before reptiles and insects, and flowering plants before any animals. The order of events known from science is just the opposite. 1:1-2:3

God creates light and separates light from darkness, and day from night, on the first day. Yet he didn't make the light producing objects (the sun and the stars) until the fourth day (1:14-19). And how could there be "the evening and the morning" on the first day if there was no sun to mark them? 1:3-5

God spends one-sixth of his entire creative effort (the second day) working on a solid firmament. This strange structure, which God calls heaven, is intended to separate the higher waters from the lower waters. 1:6-8

Plants are made on the third day before there was a sun to drive their photosynthetic processes (1:14-19). 1:11

God lets "the earth bring forth" the plants, rather than creating them directly. Maybe Genesis is not so anti-evolution after all. 1:11

In an apparent endorsement of astrology, God places the sun, moon, and stars in the firmament so that they can be used "for signs". This, of course, is exactly what astrologers do: read "the signs" in the Zodiac in an effort to predict what will happen on Earth. 1:14

God makes two lights: "the greater light [the sun] to rule the day, and the lesser light [the moon] to rule the night." But the moon is not a light, but only reflects light from the sun. And why, if God made the moon to "rule the night", does it spend half of its time moving through the daytime sky? 1:16

"He made the stars also." God spends a day making light (before making the stars) and separating light from darkness; then, at the end of a hard day's work, and almost as an afterthought, he makes the trillions of stars. 1:16

"And God set them [the stars] in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth." 1:17

In verse 11, God "let the earth bring forth" the plants. Now he has the earth "bring forth" the animals as well. So maybe the creationists have it all wrong. Maybe God created livings things through the process of evolution. 1:24

God gave humans dominion over every other living thing on earth. 1:26

God commands us to "be fruitful and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over ... every living thing that moveth upon the earth." 1:28

"I have given you every herb ... and every tree ... for meat."
Since many plants have evolved poisons to protect against animals that would like to eat them, God's advice is more than a little reckless. Would you tell your children to go out in the garden and eat whatever plants they encounter? Of course not. But then, you are much nicer and smarter than God. 1:29

All animals were originally herbivores. Tapeworms, vampire bats, mosquitoes, and barracudas -- all were strict vegetarians, as they were created by God. 1:30

"God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good." He purposefully designed a system that ensures the suffering and death of all his creatures, parasite and host, predator and prey. 1:31

In Genesis 1 the entire creation takes 6 days, but the universe is 13.7 billion years old, with new stars constantly being formed. 1:31

Humans were not created instantaneously from dust and breath, but evolved over millions of years from simpler life forms. 2:7

After making the animals, God has Adam name them all. The naming of several million species must have kept Adam busy for a while. 2:18-22

God fashions a woman out of one of Adam's ribs. 
Because of this story, it was commonly believed (and sometimes it is still said today) that males have one less rib than females. When Vesalius showed in 1543 that the number of ribs was the same in males and females, it created a storm of controversy. 2:19

God curses the serpent. From now on the serpent will crawl on his belly and eat dust. One wonders how he got around before -- by hopping on his tail, perhaps? But snakes don't eat dust, do they? 3:14

Because Adam listened to Eve, God cursed the ground and causes thorns and thistles to grow. Before this, according to the (false) Genesis story, plants had no natural defenses. The rose had no thorn, cacti were spineless, holly leaves were smooth, and the nettle had no sting. Foxgloves, oleander, and milkweeds were all perfectly safe to eat. 3:17-18
Re: How Do You Explain Miracles, Incantations And Magic? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 06, 2015
logoscope:

Magic works, but bible miracles r very false.
Re: How Do You Explain Miracles, Incantations And Magic? by edogho(m): 7:06am On Dec 07, 2015
urahara:

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/pope-francis-says-genesis-account-creation-true/

In Genesis
The light is created before the sun.

"In the beginning" 
When was the universe created?
The Gap Theory 1:1-2

The Genesis 1 creation account conflicts with the order of events that are known to science. In Genesis, the earth is created before light and stars, birds and whales before reptiles and insects, and flowering plants before any animals. The order of events known from science is just the opposite. 1:1-2:3

God creates light and separates light from darkness, and day from night, on the first day. Yet he didn't make the light producing objects (the sun and the stars) until the fourth day (1:14-19). And how could there be "the evening and the morning" on the first day if there was no sun to mark them? 1:3-5

God spends one-sixth of his entire creative effort (the second day) working on a solid firmament. This strange structure, which God calls heaven, is intended to separate the higher waters from the lower waters. 1:6-8

Plants are made on the third day before there was a sun to drive their photosynthetic processes (1:14-19). 1:11

God lets "the earth bring forth" the plants, rather than creating them directly. Maybe Genesis is not so anti-evolution after all. 1:11

In an apparent endorsement of astrology, God places the sun, moon, and stars in the firmament so that they can be used "for signs". This, of course, is exactly what astrologers do: read "the signs" in the Zodiac in an effort to predict what will happen on Earth. 1:14

God makes two lights: "the greater light [the sun] to rule the day, and the lesser light [the moon] to rule the night." But the moon is not a light, but only reflects light from the sun. And why, if God made the moon to "rule the night", does it spend half of its time moving through the daytime sky? 1:16

"He made the stars also." God spends a day making light (before making the stars) and separating light from darkness; then, at the end of a hard day's work, and almost as an afterthought, he makes the trillions of stars. 1:16

"And God set them [the stars] in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth." 1:17

In verse 11, God "let the earth bring forth" the plants. Now he has the earth "bring forth" the animals as well. So maybe the creationists have it all wrong. Maybe God created livings things through the process of evolution. 1:24

God gave humans dominion over every other living thing on earth. 1:26

God commands us to "be fruitful and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over ... every living thing that moveth upon the earth." 1:28

"I have given you every herb ... and every tree ... for meat."
Since many plants have evolved poisons to protect against animals that would like to eat them, God's advice is more than a little reckless. Would you tell your children to go out in the garden and eat whatever plants they encounter? Of course not. But then, you are much nicer and smarter than God. 1:29

All animals were originally herbivores. Tapeworms, vampire bats, mosquitoes, and barracudas -- all were strict vegetarians, as they were created by God. 1:30

"God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good." He purposefully designed a system that ensures the suffering and death of all his creatures, parasite and host, predator and prey. 1:31

In Genesis 1 the entire creation takes 6 days, but the universe is 13.7 billion years old, with new stars constantly being formed. 1:31

Humans were not created instantaneously from dust and breath, but evolved over millions of years from simpler life forms. 2:7

After making the animals, God has Adam name them all. The naming of several million species must have kept Adam busy for a while. 2:18-22

God fashions a woman out of one of Adam's ribs. 
Because of this story, it was commonly believed (and sometimes it is still said today) that males have one less rib than females. When Vesalius showed in 1543 that the number of ribs was the same in males and females, it created a storm of controversy. 2:19

God curses the serpent. From now on the serpent will crawl on his belly and eat dust. One wonders how he got around before -- by hopping on his tail, perhaps? But snakes don't eat dust, do they? 3:14

Because Adam listened to Eve, God cursed the ground and causes thorns and thistles to grow. Before this, according to the (false) Genesis story, plants had no natural defenses. The rose had no thorn, cacti were spineless, holly leaves were smooth, and the nettle had no sting. Foxgloves, oleander, and milkweeds were all perfectly safe to eat. 3:17-18

Nice analysis, only some things were off.

Genesis account remains a story for kids in an easy attempt to explain creation. Too cheap...
Re: How Do You Explain Miracles, Incantations And Magic? by edogho(m): 7:13am On Dec 07, 2015
chuna1985:

Magic works, but bible miracles r very false.
And u've experienced magic working first-hand?

I need someone dat knows his way around it. Used to think Chalantmike could be of help, but no, he just vanish like "wiliwili"

Do relate ur firsthand experience in ur next post.
Re: How Do You Explain Miracles, Incantations And Magic? by Nobody: 8:15am On Dec 07, 2015
edogho:

And u've experienced magic working first-hand?

I need someone dat knows his way around it. Used to think Chalantmike could be of help, but no, he just vanish like "wiliwili"

Do relate ur firsthand experience in ur next post.

I have a friend called Victor, he's deep into it. I've witnessed him manipulating rain @ will n that's just the beginning.

Point is I was a Christian for the past 30 years before I left dem, so I'm not yet comfortable with learning those stuffs. Wen am ready, I will let u know.
Re: How Do You Explain Miracles, Incantations And Magic? by Nobody: 8:26am On Dec 07, 2015
magic does not exist.

at all.

in any form.
Re: How Do You Explain Miracles, Incantations And Magic? by Geofavor(m): 8:57am On Dec 07, 2015
Teempakguy:
magic does not exist.

at all.

in any form.
lol, why are you so sure?
Re: How Do You Explain Miracles, Incantations And Magic? by Nobody: 9:01am On Dec 07, 2015
Geofavor:

lol, why are you so sure?
If magic exists, then the laws of physics can be broken.

however, the laws of physics cannot be broken. hence magic does not exist.

if there is magic that does not involve breaking the laws of physics, then we have a name for it.

Technology. smiley
Re: How Do You Explain Miracles, Incantations And Magic? by Geofavor(m): 9:32am On Dec 07, 2015
Teempakguy:
If magic exists, then the laws of physics can be broken.

however, the laws of physics cannot be broken. hence magic does not exist.

if there is magic that does not involve breaking the laws of physics, then we have a name for it.

Technology. smiley
so you don't believe there are supernatural powers? Charms? Rituals?
Re: How Do You Explain Miracles, Incantations And Magic? by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 07, 2015
Geofavor:

so you don't believe there are supernatural powers? Charms? Rituals?
I know they don't exist.
Re: How Do You Explain Miracles, Incantations And Magic? by Geofavor(m): 9:58am On Dec 07, 2015
Teempakguy:
I know they don't exist.
yepa! Can you prove it? So you mean all these ritualists only just kill people for nothing like psysopaths, they have no powers? grin
Re: How Do You Explain Miracles, Incantations And Magic? by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 07, 2015
Geofavor:

yepa! Can you prove it? So you mean all these ritualists only just kill people for nothing like psysopaths, they have no powers? grin
LOL. of course. they keep killing innocent people. for no reason whatsoever. just stupid superstitions. they have no powers whatsoever.

their own is even small. ever heard of the aztecs?
every year, they carried out Human sacrifices, where they removed the heart of a living person to appease the sun god. The mayans were no better. every year, they would round up a fresh beautiful virgin, tie her between two pillars, and shoot her with arrows, into places they knew wouldn't kill her, just hurt her, they would then carve out her heart while she lived and offer it to their God's to guarantee the next successful planting season. so many vaginas wasted. sad

now we all know it was all a bunch of crap. but I'm sure if you went back in time and tried to convince them that their human sacrifices were pointless and stupid, they would probably have used you for the next rituals. lipsrsealed
Re: How Do You Explain Miracles, Incantations And Magic? by Geofavor(m): 10:29am On Dec 07, 2015
Teempakguy:
LOL. of course. they keep killing innocent people. for no reason whatsoever. just stupid superstitions. they have no powers whatsoever.

their own is even small. ever heard of the aztecs?
every year, they carried out Human sacrifices, where they removed the heart of a living person to appease the sun god. The mayans were no better. every year, they would round up a fresh beautiful virgin, tie her between two pillars, and shoot her with arrows, into places they knew wouldn't kill her, just hurt her, they would then carve out her heart while she lived and offer it to their God's to guarantee the next successful planting season. so many vaginas wasted. sad

now we all know it was all a bunch of crap. but I'm sure if you went back in time and tried to convince them that their human sacrifices were pointless and stupid, they would probably have used you for the next rituals. lipsrsealed
but rituals are still done in this present age.
Re: How Do You Explain Miracles, Incantations And Magic? by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 07, 2015
Geofavor:

but rituals are still done in this present age.
of course. doesn't mean it will work. it's still fake.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Explain Miracles, Incantations And Magic? by logoscope(m): 8:29pm On Jan 08, 2016
Pls, I have a question. If Christianity is false, why do the evil ones tremble at the mention of the name Jesus?
Re: How Do You Explain Miracles, Incantations And Magic? by NnaNna4(m): 10:11pm On Jan 08, 2016
wow....what's the difference between magic and sorcery?
Re: How Do You Explain Miracles, Incantations And Magic? by logoscope(m): 8:20am On Jan 09, 2016
NnaNna4:
wow....what's the difference between magic and sorcery?
Magic is illusion. For example, I appear to levitate. Sorcery is about spells and incantations.
Re: How Do You Explain Miracles, Incantations And Magic? by urahara(m): 9:10am On Jan 09, 2016
logoscope:
Pls, I have a question. If Christianity is false, why do the evil ones tremble at the mention of the name Jesus?

If catholicism Is false why do Mary's mere apparitions cure the sick and perform wonders
Re: How Do You Explain Miracles, Incantations And Magic? by Zenlife: 6:40pm On Jan 09, 2016
Folks, some things are beyond explanation. Things in this world are for our use and we are fortunate. We mlss a lot due to stereotyping, doubts, querries, following a pattern or belief, explanations, logic, etc, which only limit us. We emanate from a Source which we should only trust. We are guilty of living other people's lives by following their dictates and dogmas. Sadly we live and die not knowing our real 'i'. Explore, create, not harming but defend self at at all times, life improvement etc using that put here by our Creator wisely with concsience and justly. And with this you can do wonders alongst with your innate magnetic power of attraction. Yes there is black magic, incantations that work. Such as ogun isori, ole mimu, ki ole male jani, ajegun, iwase, awure, aworo, itaja, apagun, madarikan, magun, eyonu aje, iriran, abiku, aseta, iferan, afunje, abilu, atepa, panumo ejo, apase ero, ikanse, afose, aforan, ki ibon ma ran enia, oruka subu sere, aluwo, agadagodo, egbe, were, le enia nlu, isiju, warapa, bi obinrin ki bafe bimo mo, ki obinrin tete loyun, owo, akoya, ayogan, gbigba ile, owo moto, etu pipa, ti enia fi bi okiunrin, aransi, apero, isegun ota, gbetugbetu, ki oko ma le ku, idanwo, ki obinrin gba owo lowo okunrin, obe ilase, etutu awon agba, doju ti enia, ki egbe orun male mu omo lo, aparo, majele, and more which do work with efficacy. I am priviledged to know how to prepare all these and more. Our focus should be on learning these invaluable knowledge from our ancestors with prayer for the wisdom to use it for mankinds benefit. We should quit trying to explain the unexplainable and be in gratitude that we can access these spiritual assistance anytime we elect to. Give unto Ceaser... It is all in spirit like we all are.

(1) (Reply)

Which Religion Will Take You To Heaven? / Which Mantra-prayer Is Best For You? / Paying Tithe Has A Way To Unlock An Unusual Doors Of Prosperity.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.