Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,951 members, 7,814,226 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Just Won A Bid Of Galaxy Note II on eBay But Noticed This... - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Just Won A Bid Of Galaxy Note II on eBay But Noticed This... (2550 Views)

Chinese Phone Makers Force Samsung To Delay Release Of Galaxy Note 9 / Airtel Pulls Out Of Race To Purchase 9mobile As Globacom Fails To Submit a Bid / Samsung To Produce 100,000 Units Of Galaxy X Foldable Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just Won A Bid Of Galaxy Note II on eBay But Noticed This... by alldrunsx: 4:15am On Dec 04, 2015
Pls advice. Just won a bid captioned Galaxy Note II N7100 Titanium grey on eBay @ 100usd. Making plans to pay up, I just noticed in d additional comments below d main write up in red color bolded dat d it is a Galaxy Note II SHV-E160 Marble white.

Quickly did a little google & found out dat d SHV-E160 series are korean versions of d main model. PLS WHAT ARE D DIFFERENCES IN D MAIN N7100 & DIS KOREAN VERSION? Do I go ahead and pay for this?
Re: Just Won A Bid Of Galaxy Note II on eBay But Noticed This... by alldrunsx: 4:16am On Dec 04, 2015
See d ad.

Re: Just Won A Bid Of Galaxy Note II on eBay But Noticed This... by alldrunsx: 8:48am On Dec 04, 2015
Anyone to be of help? Time is running off.
Re: Just Won A Bid Of Galaxy Note II on eBay But Noticed This... by chumakk: 8:54am On Dec 04, 2015
They should not be any difference.

2 Likes

Re: Just Won A Bid Of Galaxy Note II on eBay But Noticed This... by luorquay: 9:24am On Dec 04, 2015
There are lots of difference ooo. Korean version has limited features and updates and mostly in their language as the OS on it wouldn't support most features. Talk to the seller and let him/her that what you bidded for is different from what they wanna ship.

3 Likes

Re: Just Won A Bid Of Galaxy Note II on eBay But Noticed This... by Irelokeh(m): 9:44am On Dec 04, 2015
Bro try to be careful ooo,there was one time I bought a Samsung galaxy win from wuse,it was carry almost de exact same specs as the original one but i later found out it was comfam chinko It was den I knew Samsung phones had clone versions

1 Like

Re: Just Won A Bid Of Galaxy Note II on eBay But Noticed This... by alldrunsx: 10:00am On Dec 04, 2015

1 Like

Re: Just Won A Bid Of Galaxy Note II on eBay But Noticed This... by alldrunsx: 12:42pm On Dec 04, 2015
Thnk u all for your response. So I should take off?

Btw, "unpaid item case" wl be opened against me o!
Re: Just Won A Bid Of Galaxy Note II on eBay But Noticed This... by funkyjms: 1:22pm On Dec 04, 2015
alldrunsx:

Chilax guy, wait for more comments before you 'sacrifice' your cash.
Re: Just Won A Bid Of Galaxy Note II on eBay But Noticed This... by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 04, 2015
Samsung is originally owned by the Koreans I see nothing wrong with it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Just Won A Bid Of Galaxy Note II on eBay But Noticed This... by otodeluxe(m): 3:14pm On Dec 04, 2015
Didn't you read sellers note before you bid.
Re: Just Won A Bid Of Galaxy Note II on eBay But Noticed This... by Kizyte(m): 3:20pm On Dec 04, 2015
alldrunsx:
I think, like the LG G3 Korean version, the only difference might be additional internal TV antenna in the Korean version. Not too sure though.
Re: Just Won A Bid Of Galaxy Note II on eBay But Noticed This... by bigtt76(f): 3:51pm On Dec 04, 2015
You might need to look through this grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AuAHfJCUX8

alldrunsx:
Pls advice. Just won a bid captioned Galaxy Note II N7100 Titanium grey on eBay @ 100usd. Making plans to pay up, I just noticed in d additional comments below d main write up in red color bolded dat d it is a Galaxy Note II SHV-E160 Marble white.

Quickly did a little google & found out dat d SHV-E160 series are korean versions of d main model. PLS WHAT ARE D DIFFERENCES IN D MAIN N7100 & DIS KOREAN VERSION? Do I go ahead and pay for this?
Re: Just Won A Bid Of Galaxy Note II on eBay But Noticed This... by donstevewrites: 4:41pm On Dec 04, 2015
u could simply send a mail to the seller explaining what you noticed, and u will like to decline a payment. be as polite as possible and wont have a case in ur hand. or use the usual excuse of having an issue with ur bank bla bla bla.
Re: Just Won A Bid Of Galaxy Note II on eBay But Noticed This... by mikron(m): 5:09pm On Dec 04, 2015
Irelokeh:
Bro try to be careful ooo,there was one time I bought a Samsung galaxy win from wuse,it was carry almost de exact same specs as the original one but i later found out it was comfam chinko It was den I knew Samsung phones had clone versions
u said u bought the phone from where? wuse here in abuja?
Re: Just Won A Bid Of Galaxy Note II on eBay But Noticed This... by Nobody: 5:12pm On Dec 04, 2015
alldrunsx:

No need to panick, they are basically the same phones. The Korean version is a little bit bigger because it also has an antenna for watching TV that only works in Korea. wouldn't work in other parts of the world. But every other thing is the same and would work with any sim. The only thing that might not work is 4g LTE, but we all know we don't have 4g LTE in Nigeria yet. So 3g and hspa would work.

Samsung released Korea specific versions to please their country people because Samsung is a Korean company. So they included a little extra stuff in the box that is not included in the US and international versions.

1. They include 2 batteries vs 1 battery for international version.

2. They include a battery charger and phone dock that is not included in the international version.

3. The include a TV function , hence the antenna for watching TV (only works in Korea). This makes the phone a little bigger than the international version.

Every other thing is basically the same. And oh, if u like to flash rom all the time then u might not find too many customs roms available for this, but there a adew custom roms available at xda. Don't expect ota updates too (what am I even saying, its a galaxy note 2 so even the international version is no longer updated. )
Re: Just Won A Bid Of Galaxy Note II on eBay But Noticed This... by CrazyScientist: 5:19pm On Dec 04, 2015
alldrunsx:

DONT TRY IT OOO! you'll be disappointed at the limited ability off the Korean version.
Re: Just Won A Bid Of Galaxy Note II on eBay But Noticed This... by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 04, 2015
CrazyScientist:

DONT TRY IT OOO! you'll be disappointed at the limited ability off the Korean version.

What limited ability? Can u tell us? The only limit I see is u won't get 4g LTE to work because they use a different frequency? But then do we have 4g LTE in Nigeria?
Re: Just Won A Bid Of Galaxy Note II on eBay But Noticed This... by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 04, 2015
Pal, the Korea version is almost like the European Version (which is the best version), but slightly bigger in size. Comes with an antennae (should be useless in Nigeria tho), supports 4G LTE. Basically, the Korean version is international version 2.0, in other words, it's better than the international version.
Re: Just Won A Bid Of Galaxy Note II on eBay But Noticed This... by dreamworld: 6:11pm On Dec 04, 2015
E160 isn't note 2 rather its note 1 so don't buy it
Re: Just Won A Bid Of Galaxy Note II on eBay But Noticed This... by Bossman(m): 7:01pm On Dec 04, 2015
Also, did you verify the shipping cost to Nigeria? They may want to charge extra.
Re: Just Won A Bid Of Galaxy Note II on eBay But Noticed This... by Nobody: 7:53pm On Dec 04, 2015
dreamworld:
E160 isn't note 2 rather its note 1 so don't buy it
u are right. Shv-e160 is note 1. Op do not buy. I REPEAT, DO NOT BUY
Re: Just Won A Bid Of Galaxy Note II on eBay But Noticed This... by Nobody: 7:56pm On Dec 04, 2015
alldrunsx:

shv-e160 is galaxy note 1. That is enough reason for u not to buy. Inform them that they advertised a wrong product. Trust me that phone is not worth ur $100 (shipping not even included yet). That phone has an outdated processor with just 1gb of RAM, it is the first galaxy note series, slow a hell. Galaxy note 2 for Korea is SHV-260. SO DO NOT BUY.
Re: Just Won A Bid Of Galaxy Note II on eBay But Noticed This... by moshoodn(m): 7:59pm On Dec 04, 2015
The Oracles have spoken. . .
Re: Just Won A Bid Of Galaxy Note II on eBay But Noticed This... by alldrunsx: 1:47am On Dec 05, 2015
@all, u wld nt know hw relieved am I reading thru all your comments. Wow, I really appreciate u all.

I actually contacted d seller on d ground of d discrepancy in d ads & he promptly replied dat d phone isn't even SHV-E160 bt GT-N7108. See d screenshot attached.

moshoodn:
The Oracles have spoken. . .
Dis summarises it all.
Re: Just Won A Bid Of Galaxy Note II on eBay But Noticed This... by alldrunsx: 10:53am On Dec 07, 2015
@all, u won't know hw u've greatly relieved me abt your responses. I really appreciate.

I actually replied earlier bt gt a 3-day ban on NL, reason for which I didn't know. Anyway, like I'm unban now.

As generally advised, I contacted d seller & he admitted it a mistake posting wrong spec. He maintained dat it's actually Galaxy GT-N7108. See d screenshot below.
Re: Just Won A Bid Of Galaxy Note II on eBay But Noticed This... by alldrunsx: 2:10pm On Dec 07, 2015
D screenshot.

(1) (Reply)

How To Use Whatsapp As Search Engine / Nokia 3.2 And Tecno Spark 4 Air Which One Have Best Performance / Nawao

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.