Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,177 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo (32433 Views)

Shi'ites Registered School Destroyed In Kaduna (Photos) / Olusola Oke Campaign Banner Destroyed In Ondo East / Bayelsa: Ballot Papers Destroyed In Gbarantoru, SILGA (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by TippyTop(m): 5:04pm On Dec 04, 2015
The growing anti-Rochas Okorocha sentiments in Imo State, has taken a new twist, as his effigy that was installed in his Ideato South country home was destroyed by unknown persons.

The statue, which depicted Governor Rochas Okorocha on a horse back and mounted at the Ogboko Junction, along the Orlu-Urualla federal highway, as the frenzy over his gubernatorial success was at its peak.

Vanguard, who rushed to the scene of the destruction, on getting wind of the news, noticed that the effigy had been brought down and damaged beyond redemption.

Although the state government and its functionaries has remained silent over the destroyed Governor’s effigy, no individual or group has however claimed responsibility for the destruction.

Vanguard recalls that the people’s resentment started escalating, following the state government’s inability or unwillingness to pay staff salaries and pensions, as well as severe economic hardship facing and numerous bad roads facing the citizenry.

Imo workers and pensioners had in the past three days, been holding peaceful protest march in Owerri, the state capital, to press home their demand for the payment of the arrears of their unpaid salaries and stipends.

The workers besieged the Government House gate and held the place hostage for the greater part of Wednesday, even as the Governor’s wife, Nkechi Okorocha, was celebrating her birthday.

Addressing the angry workers, Okorocha’s Deputy Chief of Staff, Mr. Kingsley Uju, pleaded with them to exercise patience, stressing that government was already doing something to alleviate their suffering.

He also assured the protesting workers that the necessary computations and paper work was going on and payment of their arrears of salaries would commence Friday (today).

As at the time of going to press yesterday, the aggrieved Imo workers were already gathering at Edede Street, Owerri, preparatory to moving for another round of peaceful protest.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/okorochas-effigy-destroyed-in-his-native-home/

1 Share

Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by EasternActivist: 5:09pm On Dec 04, 2015
Fake link shocked
Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by Afam4eva(m): 5:10pm On Dec 04, 2015
What is effigy? I assume they're talking about a statue or something like that.
Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by TippyTop(m): 5:12pm On Dec 04, 2015
EasternActivist:
Fake link shocked

Learn to use the web.

10 Likes

Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by Nzepresh(f): 5:13pm On Dec 04, 2015
Pikin wey say im papa no go sleep him self no go sleep. Does it mean APC government can not caution Okorocha? In anyways, all is change

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by iykebest1(m): 5:14pm On Dec 04, 2015
Goodnews

17 Likes

Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by EasternActivist: 5:18pm On Dec 04, 2015
TippyTop:

Learn to use the web.

Lol what an irony...
Oga kindly put your link in order... You got a broken link
Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by exemen: 5:34pm On Dec 04, 2015
unblievable

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by lasisi69(f): 5:34pm On Dec 04, 2015
End time statue.. . Good news

4 Likes

Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by money121(m): 5:35pm On Dec 04, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by damton(m): 5:35pm On Dec 04, 2015
Pinshure or I don't believe
Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 04, 2015
Winston Churchill: Madam, would you sleep with me for five million pounds?
Woman: My goodness, Mr. Churchill… Well, I suppose… we would have to discuss terms, of course…
Winston Churchill: Would you sleep with me for five pounds?
Woman: Mr. Churchill, what kind of woman do you think I am?!
Winston Churchill: Madam, we’ve already established that. Now we are haggling about the price.

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by sandrajazmin(f): 5:35pm On Dec 04, 2015
If u have ever toured imo state,
U'l knw its worth destroying!
Virtually Every roundabout in imo state
Has 1 statue!
My dad 1nc asked me if he worships tHem?
I jejely told him nnam, if u ask me,
Na who i go ask?
He sould jst pay up his workers pls
Or beta stil fix ph/owerri road
Cos that road is a big mess. Ewww!

16 Likes

Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by sirTesco(m): 5:36pm On Dec 04, 2015
Like he always says;
I was born and educated in the North, empowered by the West and given opportunity by the East to have their national cake.
When ever an APC Governor returns for a second term, its always a negative change. Edo people will know better.
APC + PDP = 1
why? Because its all about rearrangement.

16 Likes

Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by GeneralBK: 5:37pm On Dec 04, 2015
Rochas is a crook - Oby ezekwesili

18 Likes

Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by alcuin(m): 5:37pm On Dec 04, 2015
Hmmm.....this guys are serious....but can they really stomach this crisis
Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by SpaceTour: 5:38pm On Dec 04, 2015
GEJ made the poor Imolites hate Okorocha.. cheesy

vvvvvvvvSee below the Bone of contention, the same thing we have always said here but some hopeless i.diots will say otherwise:vvvvvvvvv

Vanguard recalls that the people’s resentment started escalating, following the state government’s inability or unwillingness to pay staff salaries and pensions, as well as severe economic hardship facing and numerous bad roads facing the citizenry

1 Like

Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by menix(m): 5:38pm On Dec 04, 2015
Good...

Nxt would be to pull him out of Imo to neigbouring Hausa community or IDP camps..

Okoroawusa the mistake of the East.

8 Likes

Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by ChappyChase: 5:38pm On Dec 04, 2015
Okay nau..
Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by Emekamex(m): 5:38pm On Dec 04, 2015
Okorocha's reputation is depreciating as the day goes by

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by jerrywool: 5:38pm On Dec 04, 2015
Halaluuuuuuyah!
Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by Donsammi(m): 5:39pm On Dec 04, 2015
am in imo right now .. rochas is a disagrace to APC change...... media gov. indeed

31 Likes

Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by M4gunners: 5:40pm On Dec 04, 2015
Ghen ghen
Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by NwaNimo1(m): 5:40pm On Dec 04, 2015
Alhaji Owelle Okorocha - your days are numbered.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by sukkot: 5:40pm On Dec 04, 2015
grin okoroawusa having a rough day

17 Likes

Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by ruggedboy01: 5:42pm On Dec 04, 2015
Good for the mallam undecided

Beremx angry

We will stone u and ur boss

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by Chiidi(m): 5:43pm On Dec 04, 2015
Too Bad
Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by allanphash7(m): 5:44pm On Dec 04, 2015
Nigeria youths are so gullible

Pls dont ask me why
Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by queenoflafia(f): 5:44pm On Dec 04, 2015
I fear the end of this madness

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Read What EFCC Said About MMM / 2023 Presidential Candidates, Political Party And State Of Origin / Rampaging Hoodlums In Osogbo On Adeleke’s First Day In Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.