Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,615 members, 7,820,182 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo (32441 Views)

Shi'ites Registered School Destroyed In Kaduna (Photos) / Olusola Oke Campaign Banner Destroyed In Ondo East / Bayelsa: Ballot Papers Destroyed In Gbarantoru, SILGA (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by glossy6(f): 8:11pm On Dec 04, 2015
Emekamex:
Okorocha's reputation is depreciating as the day goes by

That's our in law oooh. If in doubt ask Basket Mouth.
Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by funkyibodude(m): 8:31pm On Dec 04, 2015
kenny1313:

And hhe was re elected? he has the biggest foundation in west Africa. and for your info am from Imo state and I base owerri. #Rochas we know.
wrong! He was RIG-elected. Biggest foundation in Africa indeed grin with Imo state money abi # Rochas zombies know#
Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by Dedetwo(m): 8:39pm On Dec 04, 2015
Afam4eva:
Rochas narowlly escaped being defeated at the last polls. I think the fact that he was an incumbent helped him a great deal. The sentiments of the Imo people are those of utter disgust at the way Rochas has governed them. I was in a bus with some natives of the oil producing communities of Ohaji/Egbema and Oguta and they were really livid. They almost descended on a man that tried to defend Rochas. He may not the worst governor that Imo has produced and I think he did better than the two previous governors in my opinion (Some Imo peeps will disagree). But he did not live up to the hype.

Per the bolded, the Okoroawusa will go down in history books as the worst governor Imo State has ever produced. It is against any engineering logic to site roundabouts (circles) on road marked as Truck A.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by annyz: 9:14pm On Dec 04, 2015
Whre is the picture
Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by kepoc: 9:20pm On Dec 04, 2015
Useless governor, mistake to imo state. Pay ur workers their salary.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by arcnomec(m): 9:34pm On Dec 04, 2015
kenny1313:

PH - owerri road is a federal road. Rochas is good but his pple hates him for an APC member dazzall.

I never wanted to comment,but your post prompted me to address the point you just raised.

Have you been to Elele in Rivers state? if yes,what did you noticed.Then then governor of Rivers state worked the part of the road that is in her state and got to the boundary between Imo and Rivers,so what stopped the governor of Imo from doing same...Until we stop this myopic ideology of federal and state roads ,our roads will remain what it is till eternity.....Government is government...........This same mentality is what has made eleme-oyigbo road the way it is...If my governor has looked into it,but rather hw was saying it is federal road ,becos of the squabble that ensued between him and the then president.....So pls the governor of Imo is to be blamed for making that road what it is now.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by godwinkessi: 10:07pm On Dec 04, 2015
Sai Buhari! Sai Rochas! Sai APC...
Like seriously now the word "Sai" is now used for mockery!

1 Like

Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by godwinkessi: 10:09pm On Dec 04, 2015
The best thing about this APC change is that the people that feels the change more are the people that voted them!
Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by Abagworo(m): 10:25pm On Dec 04, 2015
arcnomec:

I never wanted to comment,but your post prompted me to address the point you just raised.

Have you been to Elele in Rivers state? if yes,what did you noticed.Then then governor of Rivers state worked the part of the road that is in her state and got to the boundary between Imo and Rivers,so what stopped the governor of Imo from doing same...Until we stop this myopic ideology of federal and state roads ,our roads will remain what it is till eternity.....Government is government...........This same mentality is what has made eleme-oyigbo road the way it is...If my governor has looked into it,but rather hw was saying it is federal road ,becos of the squabble that ensued between him and the then president.....So pls the governor of Imo is to be blamed for making that road what it is now.

Why hasn't Obiano worked Onitsha-Enugu Road which is worse? Okorocha has done no wrong other than emerging the most prominent Igbo politician as a result of strategic political decisions. Anambra people tried to cut his tail using GEJ's presidential power and power hungry Imo State political godfathers but he outsmarted them completely.

They resorted to propaganda by calling him sabo claiming he is working against Igbo interest and I ask the Igbo interest he worked against. What has he done against Igbos? Has any MASSOB or IPOB member been killed in Imo State?

The bold faced lies against this innocent man is so much and obvious. They lied he built a mosque but he didn't. Obiano will rebuild the burnt mosque and they will hail him. They even claimed he was paying money to convert Imo citizens to Islam which many people believed. He built over 300 schools and they claimed it was FG. He gave free education and they are claiming it is not free but if he decides to cancel it they will claim its not sustainable. He built roads and roundabouts people claimed it was not needed that other States built flyovers. He is building flyovers now but the same people are asking why.

The truth is that a media gang up is being used against him but it has not been successful because he has so much followership as a result of his philanthropist past and present.

This thread is about a horseman statue on a round about in Ideato LGA built with Imo State money. That type of artwork is located at various roundabouts in Imo State. There is one at Emmanuel college with just a horse and no rider. Why should it be a thing of joy to Igbos that such a good artwork was destroyed?

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by eyeview: 10:34pm On Dec 04, 2015
Am still of the opinon that if you know any man or woman in Imo state who worked or voted for Rochas at the last election,please let such a person be brought before the town square or market square and given 24strokes of the cane every new month till his administration ends. That's the only way to get such a person to feel a bit of what he or she has put their people into.

As for the Imo people who had the chance to vote him out at the last election but played on sentiments,they should know that in due time,God will take the 'rejected stone and make chief corner stone from it'.

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by nairalander111(m): 10:37pm On Dec 04, 2015
Coined from the dancing tree.
brownsug:
Shigidi wooden image

Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by paramakina202: 10:39pm On Dec 04, 2015
Next time they should destroy Okoroawusa himself not his lifeless effigy.
There is news going round amongst Imo/Nigeria community in Turkey that Okoroawusa used Imo state bailout fund to buy this newly built five star hotel in Taksim district of Istanbul.
I took this picture earlier this night.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by jayriginal: 10:42pm On Dec 04, 2015
Effigy is not the same as statue
Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by Abagworo(m): 10:57pm On Dec 04, 2015
jayriginal:
Effigy is not the same as statue

Leave vanguard and their ire abuo. Effigy in his country home or statue at the roundabout they were not even consistent.
Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by NomzyJust(m): 11:50pm On Dec 04, 2015
He used to be the peoples darling. What went wrong?

1 Like

Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by jayriginal: 11:59pm On Dec 04, 2015
Abagworo:

Leave vanguard and their ire abuo. Effigy in his country home or statue at the roundabout they were not even consistent.

Lol. Journalism is losing its professionalism.
Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by Vicboi1(m): 12:25am On Dec 05, 2015
paramakina202:
Next time they should destroy Okoroawusa himself not his lifeless effigy.
There is news going round amongst Imo/Nigeria community in Turkey that Okoroawusa used Imo state bailout fund to buy this newly built five star hotel in Taksim district of Istanbul.
I took this picture earlier this night.
So this is what this bastard has been using Imo State money to buy that is why he is always traveling to Turkey every time God punish him so Imo people are suffering while he is using Imo funds outside Imo state thunder would fire that man he should better pay his workers because next year would be a tough year for him Rochas the most stupid governor in East Abagworo I hope you are seeing this before u start saying rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by Vicboi1(m): 12:29am On Dec 05, 2015
Abagworo:

Why hasn't Obiano worked Onitsha-Enugu Road which is worse? Okorocha has done no wrong other than emerging the most prominent Igbo politician as a result of strategic political decisions. Anambra people tried to cut his tail using GEJ's presidential power and power hungry Imo State political godfathers but he outsmarted them completely.

They resorted to propaganda by calling him sabo claiming he is working against Igbo interest and I ask the Igbo interest he worked against. What has he done against Igbos? Has any MASSOB or IPOB member been killed in Imo State?

The bold faced lies against this innocent man is so much and obvious. They lied he built a mosque but he didn't. Obiano will rebuild the burnt mosque and they will hail him. They even claimed he was paying money to convert Imo citizens to Islam which many people believed. He built over 300 schools and they claimed it was FG. He gave free education and they are claiming it is not free but if he decides to cancel it they will claim its not sustainable. He built roads and roundabouts people claimed it was not needed that other States built flyovers. He is building flyovers now but the same people are asking why.

The truth is that a media gang up is being used against him but it has not been successful because he has so much followership as a result of his philanthropist past and present.

This thread is about a horseman statue on a round about in Ideato LGA built with Imo State money. That type of artwork is located at various roundabouts in Imo State. There is one at Emmanuel college with just a horse and no rider. Why should it be a thing of joy to Igbos that such a good artwork was destroyed?
Abagworo would people eat roundabout why can he channel that money to a suitable project u and ur brother/master are fools Why u are defending this man is because u are connected to someone that this stupid foolish man is owning

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by greggng: 2:13am On Dec 05, 2015
Rochas is the only man from igbo land who wears his thinking cap always. Others are beclouded by ethnic sentiment and hatred for other ethnic groups that make up nigeria. They re causing problems in the east and they forgot that they ve their investment scattered allover nigeria. He who lives in a glass house doesn't throw stone. One would ve expected a deliberate attempt by the igbos to start moving their investment towards the east for safety and strategic purposes. I am not in support of marginalisation of any part of the country but I believe their must be a peaceful way to achieve their goals instead of violence. More importantly they should find away to hold their leaders accountable. This would be far more better than wasting their time fighting for govt appointments for the few priveledged ones amongst them. They only care about their immediate family menbers. I ve not seen an hausa man and yoruba man with big investment in igboland. The time to wear our thinking caps is now.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by SpaceTour: 5:38am On Dec 05, 2015
Hopeless useless old man. Anambra is too big and powerful than your useless state no wonder you whine and cry whenever we sneeze. LOL

Okorocha is not worth our time because your state is worthless and bankrupt. Okorocha is hopeless limping man and already on self destruction so why would anyone bother going after him when it is the imolites that are already calling for his head? LOL

Okorocha is a cow dung and should be stoned to death mercilessly. Owerri section of the PH expressway is the worst road in Nigeria today. The pictures are there for everyone to view or do you want me to repost it here? Hopeless people..

[s]
Abagworo:

[/s]

Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by maryvivian: 12:11pm On Dec 05, 2015
Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by Aeroclassic(f): 12:33pm On Dec 05, 2015
http://lm.?u=http%3A%2F%2FGetPaid4duty.com%2F%3Frid%3D124013&h=IAQH4x1xl&s=1
Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by ceejay4real(m): 1:13pm On Dec 05, 2015
SpaceTour:
Hopeless useless old man. Anambra is too big and powerful than your useless state no wonder you whine and cry whenever we sneeze. LOL

Okorocha is not worth our time because your state is worthless and bankrupt. Okorocha is hopeless limping man and already on self destruction so why would anyone bother going after him when it is the imolites that are already calling for his head? LOL

Okorocha is a cow dung and should be stoned to death mercilessly. Owerri section of the PH expressway is the worst road in Nigeria today. The pictures are there for everyone to view or do you want me to repost it here? Hopeless people..

[s][/s]

There are strong rumours making the rounds that he's even a confirmed HOMOSEXUAL! In fact, he's empowered lots of gays in the State. Only God can help us out of his bondage!
Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by SpaceTour: 1:24pm On Dec 05, 2015
ceejay4real:

There are strong rumours making the rounds that he's even a confirmed HOMOSEXUAL! In fact, he's empowered lots of gays in the State. Only God can help us out of his bondage!

Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by Nobody: 9:30pm On Dec 05, 2015
Abagworo, let's be honest, something changed about Okorocha's governance. Even in recent statistics, Imo has been on the bad side of the charts. Before i list some of them, let's not forget Imo has oil and has the highest Federal govt allocation in the south east. Now, in the recent CBN bail out loan, Imo's was high, and highest in south east, recent release of states with healthy finance, Imo was on the bad side, imo is still owing her workers heavily.

I was among the people snaping Okorocha's projects and happy at his choice and pace development in Imo State, but these projects are largely abandoned at the moment, especially those schools, hospitals.

I can still recall the strong zeal with which Okorocha worked at the initial period of his administration, he needs to wake up. That APC has won shouldn't make him relent. Even in APC government, how he handled Imo state would matter a lot in his presidential ambition when the time comes. Fashola did not earn respect of Nigerians because he was an APC man but because he worked in Lagos.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3138541_img20151123wa000_jpeg36e2aca490ef3bbe43004fcf1b848c0e

Abagworo:

Wrong assertion. Rochas Okorocha is good but incurred the wrath of Imo gidfathers by engaging on masses oriented governance. 99% of the news being peddled against him are outright lies and there was serious propaganda war waged against him by PDP and APGA since 2013 with the aim of removing him for working against Jonathan. He won the last election by a very wide margin capturing all LGAs but 3 Mbaise and Ngor Okpala.

If anyone is in doubt I can list his true achievements which include ending the career of former PDP heavy weights.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 05, 2015
Owerri-Ph highway is a federal road, not state.

SpaceTour:

[s][/s]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastor Ize-Iyamu Embraces Oshiomhole, Have They Reconciled? (Photos) / More Pictures From Peter Obi's Presidential Campaign Rally In Ondo State / Rotimi Amaechi Submitting Himself To Security Checks By Arik Air - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.