Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,773 members, 7,820,708 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

To My Igbo Brothers And Sisters!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / To My Igbo Brothers And Sisters!!! (935 Views)

Dino Melaye, His Parents, Brothers And Sister In Family Photos / Yusuf Buhari And Sisters Attend His Best Friend's Graduation In Dubai (Photos) / Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To My Igbo Brothers And Sisters!!! by OpenGames: 12:30am On Dec 05, 2015
I greet you all. May our days be long. I have watched with growing concern how this issue of Biafra,which started out as a joke, is beginning to gather momentum.

Please for the enlightened who sat at their parents knees and heard the stories of Biafra, you know that nothing good will come out of this. Yes in those days our people were killed like chickens by both northerners and westerners but did your parents tell you how their own village people and Biafra soldiers treated them when they made it safely to the village? Did they tell you of the abuse from those who had always lived in the village against those who ran back from different states? Did they tell you how Biafra soldiers were raping their own girls at will and using their powers to obtain any property that catches their fancy? Did they tell you of the 'agric' children raised on cerelac and golden morn that were dying like chickens at the hardship they endured? Do you remember stories of families and lineages that were wiped out at that time because all their children had died? Do you remember that even while we are still in Nigeria, we have been unable to stand as one and choose someone everybody can back and vote for? No everyone wants to be king and we have never been able to unite. Do you remember those called fake igbos and real igbos? Do you remember those called slaves, outcast and free born? Who have only been able to find peace, respect and acceptance in another tribe's state? Do you remember?

If you do remember, then you must realise that as things stand right now, having a country called Biafra will be a living hell for a lot of us. The discrimination between villages, towns, kindreds and states would come out in all its horrid glory. Don't you see brothers and sisters that if we have been unable to unite against outsiders then how on earth would we unite within ourselves alone? Who would be president? Okorocha, Amaechi, Ihedioha, Nnamdi Kanu? Who?

Then if all these fail to make us shun Biafra with all our might, then remember your children and grand children all over the country in another man's land that may be caught in a tribal war. Remember your relatives and friends. But most of all, remember that the children of those funding and agitating for Biafra are safely tucked away outside the country.

Ask only one thing of your leaders who ask you to go and fight and if they do this, by all means fight with them. Ask that they bring their sons and daughters to lead your 'peaceful protests'. My brothers, don't reward your parents for all their suffering in training you by sending your lifeless body to them. You are their hope for the future. Stay alive and fulfil their dreams.

For every other person who is not interested in this fight but chooses to keep quiet and watch the spectacle, know that your silence makes you complicit and someone you know and love somewhere may lose their life over this debacle. Come out en masse and fight off these trouble makers, make it publicly clear that this fight is not supported by every igbo man and woman, only a mischievous few who have no economic, financial or strategic plan for a seceded country.

Igbo Kwenu!! Kwe zuo nuu eeeee! !! Let us come together and invest in making our states beautiful and self sufficient. May God be with us.

4 Likes

Re: To My Igbo Brothers And Sisters!!! by dmater: 12:55am On Dec 05, 2015
If anything in what you have written is worthy of note is the fact that those highlighted ills and lies are what is obtainable in Nigeria. The bad system of Nigeria is responsible for facilitating the ills and also protecting the selected (not elected) leaders responsible for them.

The summary of your opinion is that you ended up not making enough sense that can dissuade the minds of the legitimate agitators.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: To My Igbo Brothers And Sisters!!! by skywolf66(m): 1:07am On Dec 05, 2015
This should be on front page

2 Likes

Re: To My Igbo Brothers And Sisters!!! by VANHELLSING: 2:40am On Dec 05, 2015
OpenGames:
I greet you all. May our days be long. I have watched with growing concern how this issue of Biafra,which started out as a joke, is beginning to gather momentum.

Please for the enlightened who sat at their parents knees and heard the stories of Biafra, you know that nothing good will come out of this. Yes in those days our people were killed like chickens by both northerners and westerners but did your parents tell you how their own village people and Biafra soldiers treated them when they made it safely to the village? Did they tell you of the abuse from those who had always lived in the village against those who ran back from different states? Did they tell you how Biafra soldiers were raping their own girls at will and using their powers to obtain any property that catches their fancy? Did they tell you of the 'agric' children raised on cerelac and golden morn that were dying like chickens at the hardship they endured? Do you remember stories of families and lineages that were wiped out at that time because all their children had died? Do you remember that even while we are still in Nigeria, we have been unable to stand as one and choose someone everybody can back and vote for? No everyone wants to be king and we have never been able to unite. Do you remember those called fake igbos and real igbos? Do you remember those called slaves, outcast and free born? Who have only been able to find peace, respect and acceptance in another tribe's state? Do you remember?

If you do remember, then you must realise that as things stand right now, having a country called Biafra will be a living hell for a lot of us. The discrimination between villages, towns, kindreds and states would come out in all its horrid glory. Don't you see brothers and sisters that if we have been unable to unite against outsiders then how on earth would we unite within ourselves alone? Who would be president? Okorocha, Amaechi, Ihedioha, Nnamdi Kanu? Who?

Then if all these fail to make us shun Biafra with all our might, then remember your children and grand children all over the country in another man's land that may be caught in a tribal war. Remember your relatives and friends. But most of all, remember that the children of those funding and agitating for Biafra are safely tucked away outside the country.

Ask only one thing of your leaders who ask you to go and fight and if they do this, by all means fight with them. Ask that they bring their sons and daughters to lead your 'peaceful protests'. My brothers, don't reward your parents for all their suffering in training you by sending your lifeless body to them. You are their hope for the future. Stay alive and fulfil their dreams.

For every other person who is not interested in this fight but chooses to keep quiet and watch the spectacle, know that your silence makes you complicit and someone you know and love somewhere may lose their life over this debacle. Come out en masse and fight off these trouble makers, make it publicly clear that this fight is not supported by every igbo man and woman, only a mischievous few who have no economic, financial or strategic plan for a seceded country.

Igbo Kwenu!! Kwe zuo nuu eeeee! !! Let us come together and invest in making our states beautiful and self sufficient. May God be with us.

Every tom, dicck, and harry has suddenly become an expert and advisers in the affairs of biafrans. To u, the ignorant advisor, biafrans already know that actualising the republic of Igboland is not an end to all our innumerable problems, rather a bold step in tackling them head long as one people with one goal and one aspiration.
Every new nation will face a lot of challenges, biafra will not be an exemption, but with time everything will fall into place.
The pathetic reason some of u guys keep shurning out for igbos to jettison the biafran aspiration is lame untangible, the lack of development, bad leadership, hatred, wickedness, the unruly soldiers u mention are all product of Dysfunctional Nigeria society, a product is as good as it producer. A battered nigerian society cannot produce anything good, it's garbage in garbage out.

Finally, biafran agitators are not calling for war but peaceful separation from Nigeria and it is not by force to be a biafran or identify with them. Everyone is free to pay his allegiance to whichever country he reside or like, there are many igbo/nigerians who are British and American nationals. Many igbos fought on the side of Nigeria during the civil war, it's ur choice.

"Those who make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable"

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: To My Igbo Brothers And Sisters!!! by Hefemale: 3:19am On Dec 05, 2015
OK o
Re: To My Igbo Brothers And Sisters!!! by Aegon(m): 6:36am On Dec 05, 2015
dmater:
If anything in what you have written is worthy of note is the fact that those highlighted ills and lies are what is obtainable in Nigeria. The bad system of Nigeria is responsible for facilitating the ills and also protecting the selected (not elected) leaders responsible for them.

The summary of your opinion is that you ended up not making enough sense that can dissuade the minds of the legitimate agitators.
Nothing good can ever come out of Nigeria. Nepotism, Corruption and Prebendalism are the Hallmarks of the Nigerian brand. This stupid OP just lifted the Nigerian disease and pasted it on Biafra. Was that done to scare anyone? I laugh.

I'd rather fight for a Biafra that promises hope for my children than settle for the monumental flop and woeful failure called Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: To My Igbo Brothers And Sisters!!! by EternalTruths: 6:39am On Dec 05, 2015
A hellish former SE Nigeria is better than a heavenly Nigeria

Op

Go back to bed cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To My Igbo Brothers And Sisters!!! by coolviv: 5:59am On Dec 06, 2015
@dmater. How are those ills Nigeria? When they happened within the heavenly 'biafran' country. Are you then saying that igbos are exchanging one evil for another? Biafran soldiers were fighting for an ideal...shouldn't their behaviour be ideal too? At least to convince others it was a worthy fight.

Op made plenty plenty sense.

1 Like

Re: To My Igbo Brothers And Sisters!!! by coolviv: 6:12am On Dec 06, 2015
@Vanhellsing @Aegon and @ Eternal truths. ...I bet you guys are single with no children to speak of. That is why you are coming after the Op and ignoring valid points he raised about the death of so many children and why those who are leading the agitation have tucked their own children safely away while pushing the common man's child to go and die. In the last biafran war, did you hear about Ojukwu losing any child? No. Even when things went bad, what did he do? He abandoned everyone and went abroad. Who suffered the most in that war?..The common man.

And you are all here forming Van danme because you are yet to lose a family member to this nonsense. Peaceful protest indeed, have you not been counting the dead from your 'peaceful protests'?

I think you all should go and sleep and allow those who reason well to respond to this deep thinking Op.

1 Like

Re: To My Igbo Brothers And Sisters!!! by DelGardo: 6:15am On Dec 06, 2015
VANHELLSING:

Every tom, dicck, and harry has suddenly become an expert and advisers in the affairs of biafrans. To u, the ignorant advisor, biafrans already know that actualising the republic of Igboland is not an end to all our innumerable problems, rather a bold step in tackling them head long as one people with one goal and one aspiration.
Every new nation will face a lot of challenges, biafra will not be an exemption, but with time everything will fall into place.
The pathetic reason some of u guys keep shurning out for igbos to jettison the biafran aspiration is lame untangible, the lack of development, bad leadership, hatred, wickedness, the unruly soldiers u mention are all product of Dysfunctional Nigeria society, a product is as good as it producer. A battered nigerian society cannot produce anything good, it's garbage in garbage out.

Finally, biafran agitators are not calling for war but peaceful separation from Nigeria and it is not by force to be a biafran or identify with them. Everyone is free to pay his allegiance to whichever country he reside or like, there are many igbo/nigerians who are British and American nationals. Many igbos fought on the side of Nigeria during the civil war, it's ur choice.

"Those who make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable"

The agitators can agitate for as long as they like. They should take their protest to Aso Rock gate and stop disturbing innocent citizens who are looking for something to take care of their families.

As my forefathers said in their wisdom "ubosi nta a chuo n'owerre nchi". You people (who are really a very noisy minority) should know that ukpana okpoko gburu bu nti chiri ya.

Ekene kwa'm unu... ndi IPOB.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To My Igbo Brothers And Sisters!!! by coolviv: 6:26am On Dec 06, 2015
Abeg someone should move this topic to front page ...its worth it.

1 Like

Re: To My Igbo Brothers And Sisters!!! by keally: 6:42am On Dec 06, 2015
OpenGames:

. Pessimism! Pessimism!! Pessimism!!! Slave mentallity. How well hav u even fared in Nigeria that make you feel you are and will be more comfortable in Nigeria than in Biafra. Your problem is that you are not sincerely thinking of our future generation. With the way things are going, in the next twenty years the Igbo race will lose their identity and religious faith and belief to Islamic fundamentalism. You may so blinded by parochial, selfish interests that you will not see. May God open your eyes.

2 Likes

Re: To My Igbo Brothers And Sisters!!! by M4gunners: 7:09am On Dec 06, 2015
You are free to remain in Nigeria when time comes, nobody is forcing you. What we are going through now in Nigeria, is worst than biafran war suffer. If you have a Car , but can't drive it because of fuel, that's more than suffering. If your wife, kids are sick you can't care for them, that's more than suffering. If you graduated from university 5,6,7 years you haven't secure a job, it's worst than biafran war.So you see,all die na die my brother. If you are at the market to buy food items ,boko haram strike and you are among the dead,is more than biafran war suffer. If you die of illness, accident,war by gun shot,once you are gone you are gone.

3 Likes

Re: To My Igbo Brothers And Sisters!!! by bugzbunny: 7:20am On Dec 06, 2015
Op......... Take it frm me...
You are not well... U are suffering frm
Yolobaisis and hausalysis virus
Go for treatment
Re: To My Igbo Brothers And Sisters!!! by Nobody: 7:26am On Dec 06, 2015
OpenGames:

Hypocrisy is when some mofos come online, start telling the biafrans agitating for there legitimate course about Biafra war old time tales, but will be so kin to dodge the word referendum, ,, ,, hypocrites.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Was There A Country? Agitation For Biafra And Its Enemies / Jonathan Left Office,credible Election Left With Him... VOM / Dasuki! Diezani!! Dokpesi!!! Lets Become Seriously Sincere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.