Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! (20880 Views)

Burial Of Boy Killed During Demolition Of Eke-Ukwu Market In Owerri (Photos) / James Ibori Conferred With Chieftaincy Title "Ezi-Oyi Anioma" In Delta (Photos) / Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by bingala: 11:01pm On Aug 05, 2015
Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! I am writing this message of Love specifically to our brothers in Agbor, Anioma, Onicha Ugbo, Ogwashi Ukwu, Asaba and others. Please beware that a hermaphrodite who has gender identity and goes by the name of NgeneUkwenu and his partner Shachris are spreading lies on Nairaland and the internet. With particular reference to this thread created by this criminal called NgeneUkwenu ; Let me categorically tell you people as you all know by now that there is nothing like Delta Igbo, Anambra Igbo, Abia Igbo, Ebonyi Igbo, Enugu Igbo or Imo Igbo. There is nothing even like Rivers Igbo. IGBO IS IGBO ANYTIME, ANYDAY! Biafraland encompasses everything Igbo and our brothers in the struggle viz a viz the Ibibios, Anangs, Efik, Ijaw and probably Urhobo and others. Of worthy note, there has been a proliferation of threads on anything Igbo. Igbo this and Igbo that. If you people are observant, you will notice that most threads being created on Nairaland in “apparent sympathy” to the Igbos are being created by known Igbo and our Niger delta brother haters. Example is this one created by this Igbo and Niger Delta hater; shachris ; Let us categorically also tell them that we are not interested in their sympathy. We don’t need anything from them. The Igbo nation is too big to be marginalized or made to look like a minor tribe. We are after a land of equity, truth, love and justice. A land where every thing will be on merit. A land where there will be nothing like quota or tribalism. A land where the cut of mark in university entrance examination will be equal in every part of the nation. It is not a land where the North will be given 70% cut off mark in jamb while the East and West are given 250%! We are always annoyed when people who are not Biafrans or from biafraland create threads on Nairaland and say stuffs like “My Igbo brothers”. We are not brothers if you are not of the Biafran nation or on the Biafran map. There is nothing that makes us brothers with the Hausa/Fulanis or the Yorubas. The Yorubas eat Ewedu and Amala. We eat Ofe Onugbu and Akpu. The Hausas drink Fura Di Nunu… (Blood from an animal)…. While we drink Nkwu Ocha or Nkwu Enu (Palm Wine). The Hausas cum Yorubas worship Allah and follow the teachings of Mohammed. We on the other hand worship God (Chukwu Okike) and follow the teachings of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. We were baptized, sanctified and bought over by the blood of Jesus. We were not born Muslims. We remain full blooded Igbo till we die! We remain Christians or Traditionalists till we die. When the Hausas/Fulanis die, they head to paradise. We on the other hand head to Heaven to see Jesus and our ancestors. The bad ones among you see Shaytan while the bad ones among us see Ekwensu! Politically, the Yorubas are known to have traditional leaders whom they are alway subservient to. The Hausa/Pulanis are always known to have emirates and stuffs like that. IGBBO LAND ON THE OTHER HAND IS A LAND OF THE FREE LIKE THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. A LAND OF OPPORTUNITIES FLOWING WITH MILK AND HONEY! SAME GOES TO ALL OUR BROTHERS IN THE STRUGGLE…. IJAWS, ANANGS, IBIBIOS, EFIKS ETC! ALL AM TRYING TO SAY IN ESSENCE IS THAT EAST SIDERZ CUM SOUTH SIDERZ DON’T ROLL WITH NORTH SIDERZ OR THE WEST SIDERZ. WE ARE FUNDAMENTALLY DIFFERENT AND WE SHALL REMAIN SO. NOTHING SHALL EVER MAKE US REMAIN ONE. BIAFRA MUST STAND! OF worthy mention, We congratulate president Buhari on his appointment of an Igbo Son to head the NNPC. KACHIKWU IS A FULL BLOODED IGBO AND NOT DELTA IGBO AS BEING SPREAD BY THE ENEMIES OF BIAFRA While we congratulate Buhari, let it also be known to him and Nigerians in General that we are not looking for any compensation. We don’t need any appointments. We don’t even expect anything from Nigeria and The Nigerian government. ALL WE ASK FOR IS A REFERENDUM! While We still Congratulate Buhari on his mission to Better Nigeria, we also call on the United nations to give us a referendum. A referendum is a we want. Simple! We are not against Buhari making Nigeria better. We even say more grease to his elbows. The only thing is that we are not in support of him having any plans for Biafraland. We have God given leaders and warriors who will lead us to the promised land. We don’t need appointments, compensations or emoluments. All we want is Biafra. BIAFRA TILL WE DIE! BY : EXCEL By James Anyalekwa Emeh on 5th August 2015 · Posted in News

70 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by tobtap: 11:02pm On Aug 05, 2015
kk...another clueless post undecided

6 Likes

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by podosci(m): 11:13pm On Aug 05, 2015
Economically speaking it would not benefit us to join with the five eastern states to form baifra...apart from being marginalized by the Igbos and the fact that they would be far superior to us in terms of population, we have nothing to gain from the five eastern states.
Its good to remain in Nigeria but if there is to be a succession, Republic of SS states would make more sense than joining the igbos in there biafran state

49 Likes

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by bakila: 11:16pm On Aug 05, 2015
podosci:
Economically speaking it would not benefit us to join with the five eastern states to form baifra...apart from being marginalized by the Igbos and the fact that they would be far superior to us in terms of population, we have nothing to gain from the five eastern states.
Its good to remain in Nigeria but if there is to be a succession, Republic of SS states would make more sense than joining the igbos in there biafran state
Why you leak the secret nah? Is your name Mr. Frank onlyrealtruth?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by Nobody: 11:20pm On Aug 05, 2015
op get ready to see them flood this thread anytime soon
Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by Nobody: 11:20pm On Aug 05, 2015
Niger Delta my home, Bifra my fortress

5 Likes

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by Demmocrats(m): 11:24pm On Aug 05, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Niger Delta my home, Bifra my fortress

Sounded more like barcanistar, the same individual different Accounts.
Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by Nobody: 11:29pm On Aug 05, 2015
Op, I have been on this forum long enough to know that the strongest defenders of Igbos on this forum are all Aniomas....Fact

You have nothing to worry about, we are used to the divide and conquer tactics. It will never work no matter how hard they try.

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by laffytaffy1: 11:29pm On Aug 05, 2015
*spread my goatskin mat on floor, seat down with a cold glass of fresh palm wine and watch thread*

3 Likes

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by EasternLion: 11:33pm On Aug 05, 2015
podosci:

For real?
Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by vayne(m): 11:34pm On Aug 05, 2015
The fact is and will always be,we don't need appointments from the zoo.
The few that are struggling for appointments are the sabos we have in biafraland,the fake and greedy igbos who care about only their stomachs.

3 Likes

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by amadice(m): 11:35pm On Aug 05, 2015
I rep the land of the raising sun

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by prof17(m): 11:36pm On Aug 05, 2015
Am a replicant Of karl marx! So I don't need to worry myself in all these things
Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by IGBOSON1: 11:37pm On Aug 05, 2015
podosci:

^^^What are you on about!?.......Republic of SS states indeed!

I want you to list the ethnic groups that will make up this SS Republic....all because podosci says Igbos will marginalize them! Dude, if i were to ask you to mention the articles of association for ethnic groups that'll make up a Biafra or Lower Niger Republic what would be your answer? Do you actually know on what basis these ethnic groups would come together to form a nation?

So i'm to take it you're saying if Igbos leave Nigeria, you would want the Ijaw, Ibibio/Annag/Efik, Ikwerre, Ogoni, Ogba....and maybe Urhobo to form a country separate from Ndigbo? How do you intend to cajole or threaten those that may want to form a nation with Igbos? Remember your lies and divide-and-rule tactics employed pre and during the Biafra/Nigeria war cannot work today.....everyone is much more enlightened and have access to information at their finger-tips unlike before!

Now i want you to show how Igbos marginalized their neighbours in the past that warrants your assertion; i also want you to tell me if these other ethnic groups in the Niger Delta are today equal to the Hausa/Fulani and Yoruba; i also want you to tell me exactly which ethnic group in the South South you're from....this would help put things in proper perspective!

You say 'it's good to remain in Nigeria'? By this statement i assume you're ok with the status-quo as is presently obtainable?.....I assume so because i've not heard any agitation from you and your ilk for the country to be restructured to reflect how a true fiscally compliant federation should operate!

Cheers!

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by EasternLion: 11:38pm On Aug 05, 2015
laffytaffy1:
*spread my goatskin mat on floor, seat down with a cold glass of fresh palm wine and watch thread*

Nwokem shift small for me, o bu gini di.
(Nze Odum Owuwa Anyanwu [EasternLion] - calls out to wife at the other end of the compound) - Mama Nnaemeka, wetere m mu na Ichie ugba na okporoko ahu igworo agwo, ka anyi were ya turugodi nke bu ndu mmanu.

(Nze Odum Owuwa Anyanwu - continues) - Oh oh ya o! Chukwu Abiama nara ekele o.

(Ichie Laffytaffy1 - replies) - Isee!!

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by melzabull(f): 11:39pm On Aug 05, 2015
podosci:
you are a pathetic, unreasonable fool.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by jerryunit48: 11:40pm On Aug 05, 2015
Asaba boy booking space till this makes front page

1 Like

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by podosci(m): 11:40pm On Aug 05, 2015
Sit down and evaluate it....apart from a very huge population of Igbos who would end up marginalizing us in the south south, what can we gain from the five eastern states? The beat economic decision would be to declare our own republic.
We would even gain money from taxing the biafran state on anything it wants to import through our air and land space, even waterways since the five biafran states would be landlocked

21 Likes

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by Nobody: 11:46pm On Aug 05, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^What are you on about!?.......Republic of SS states indeed!

I want you to list the ethnic groups that will make up this SS Republic....all because podosci says Igbos will marginalize them! Dude, if i were to ask you to mention the articles of association for ethnic groups that'll make up a Biafra or Lower Niger Republic what would be your answer? Do you actually know on what basis these ethnic groups would come together to form a nation?

So i'm to take it you're saying if Igbos leave Nigeria, you would want the Ijaw, Ibibio/Annag/Efik, Ikwerre, Ogoni, Ogba....and maybe Urhobo to form a country separate from Ndigbo? How do you intend to cajole or threaten those that may want to form a nation with Igbos? Remember your lies and divide-and-rule tactics employed pre and during the Biafra/Nigeria war cannot work today.....everyone is much more enlightened and have access to information at their finger-tips unlike before!

Now i want you to show how Igbos marginalized their neighbours in the past that warrants your assertion; i also want you to tell me if these other ethnic groups in the Niger Delta are today equal to the Hausa/Fulani and Yoruba; i also want you to tell me exactly which ethnic group in the South South you're from....this would help put things in proper perspective!

You say 'it's good to remain in Nigeria'? By this statement i assume you're ok with the status-quo as is presently obtainable?.....I assume so because i've not heard any agitation from you and your ilk for the country to be restructured to reflect how a true fiscally compliant federation should operate!

Cheers!
Nigeria can never break, even if it does d Southsouth can never be one, I don't know about other states, but I know tribes in Rivers state, who don't want to be neither in Biafra nor Niger delta nor southsouth republic.
If Igbos break out of Nigeria it wud cause a chain reaction not just in Nigeria but Africa as a whole.

8 Likes

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by Nobody: 11:46pm On Aug 05, 2015
They will soon be here to tell us that we the people of asaba aren't Igbo's.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by Baawaa(m): 11:47pm On Aug 05, 2015
I trust mr President, he will give you people what you want,he will treat like biafrans

3 Likes

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by Nobody: 11:47pm On Aug 05, 2015
podosci:
Sit down and evaluate it....apart from a very huge population of Igbos who would end up marginalizing us in the south south, what can we gain from the five eastern states? The beat economic decision would be to declare our own republic.
We would even gain money from taxing the biafran state on anything it wants to import through our air and land space, even waterways since the five biafran states would be landlocked
OK Mr man, I support ur decision, now can u tell us where u are from?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by EasternLion: 11:48pm On Aug 05, 2015
O biara i gbu m, ga-egbu onwe ya. Ihe m si na-ekwu ihe bu maka ndi eze gworo na ndi Yoruba.

Nye ndi mba mmiri -
Ndi ebe anyi iberibe ike(otule) abuo di ka di na nwunye, eziokwu bu na enwere ike inwe nchitu ahu, mana ihunanya na mmekorita anyi di na ha abuo e nweghi mtukpo.

(to our southern brothers)
(Our people say that "the buttocks are like married couple though there is constant friction between them, they still love and live together"wink

O bu nu ka o ha m na-onu.

3 Likes

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by EasternLion: 11:49pm On Aug 05, 2015
lygn19:

Nigeria can never break, even if it does d Southsouth can never be one, I don't know about other states, but I know tribes in Rivers state, who don't want to be neither in Biafra nor Niger delta nor southsouth republic.
If Igbos break out of Nigeria it wud cause a chain reaction not just in Nigeria but Africa as a whole.

Respect yourself! Stop being selfish and myopic.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by melzabull(f): 11:50pm On Aug 05, 2015
op God bless you!

It is common knowledge that schacris and ngeneukwenu aka cleverly aka urennaNkoli are two self-hating ba.stads. All the threads they have created on nairaland are anti-igbo.

That said, as an Igbo girl from Anioma, i don't see anything that makes me different from an Igbo person from Abia, Anambra, Ebony, Imo, Enugu or Rivers. The divide and rule tactics by the north aimed at alienating Igbos in the SE from Igbo in SS and to further emasculate the Igbo territory is nothing but pure, unadulterated evil which every reasonable Igbo man should kick against.

Any Igbo man from the skewed geographical SS that isn't proud of his Igbo heritage needs his or her head examined.

God bless proudly ndi Igbo in SE & SS
Abia
Anambra
Anioma
Ebonyi
Enugu
Imo
& Rivers

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by Nobody: 11:53pm On Aug 05, 2015
melzabull:
op God bless you!

It is common knowledge that schacris and ngeneukwenu aka cleverly aka urennaNkoli are two self-hating ba.stads. All the threads they have created on nairaland are anti-igbo.

That said, as an Igbo girl from Anioma, i don't see anything that makes me different from an Igbo person from Abia, Anambra, Ebony, Imo, Enugu or Rivers. The divide and rule tactics by the north aimed at alienating Igbos in the SE from Igbo in SS and to further emasculate the Igbo territory is nothing but pure, unadulterated evil which every reasonable Igbo man should kick against.

Any Igbo man from the skewed geographical SS that isn't proud of his Igbo heritage needs his or her head examined.

God bless proudly ndi Igbo in SE & SS
Abia
Anambra
Anioma
Ebonyi
Enugu
Imo
& Rivers
welcome my sister, we must locate our origin, I am from okpanam in asaba, we can't allow the north and Yoruba propaganda divide us from our people. We can't remain clueless of our origin for life.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by melzabull(f): 11:54pm On Aug 05, 2015
menabadoo:
They will soon be here to tell us that we the people of asaba aren't Igbo's.
some of them are already viewing. Just wait, they will soon start talking nonsense

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by podosci(m): 11:56pm On Aug 05, 2015
Edo state
Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by melzabull(f): 11:58pm On Aug 05, 2015
menabadoo:
welcome my sister, we must locate our origin, I am from okpanam in asaba, we can't allow the north and Yoruba propaganda divide us from our people. We can't remain clueless of our origin for life.
Yes'ooo! I'm from ogwashi-ukwu in aniocha South. No amount of blackmail by the oily brains can distance us from our siblings. Enough is enough! cool

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by Nobody: 11:59pm On Aug 05, 2015
podosci:
Edo state
seriously, no one has ever listed Edo people in the biafran agenda, locate your people in ondo state and stop making yourself feel important. Edo is not Biafra land.
Hope you are ok now.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by Nobody: 12:01am On Aug 06, 2015
Frequently asked questions about Igbos and their answers by Ogaranya Uju Nkwocha Afulezi, Ph.D., Duru Akwukwo III Ndi Umuohiagu

Question: Is Southeast and Igboland the same thing?

Answer: Not at all. Southeast is only about 3/5th of Igboland. Igboland covers the whole of Southeast, parts of Rivers, Delta, Benue, and Akwa Ibom states.

Question: Why were we taught in school that Igbo people are easterners?

Answer: It is both an unfortunate parroting by teachers and careless adoption by Igbo educated class. Igbo people come from Southern Nigeria and not Eastern Nigeria. It may be correct to say that the Igbo are found predominantly in eastern Nigeria. However, by saying that the Igbo are easterners, the implication is that the Igbo in western Nigeria, numbering about 2.5 million (Agbor, Ogwashi Ukwu, Ibuzo, Okpanam, Asaba, Orimili, Ndokwa, Anioma, etc) are not Igbos. The best known Igbo anthropologist Professor Mike Onwuejeogwu is from the western part of Nigeria, Chukwuma Nzeogwu, Dennis Osadebe, Okonkwo Adibe (the famous musician), Sony Odogwu, etc. are all from the western part of Nigeria. They are no less Igbo than those who live in the eastern part of Nigeria. The correct answer to your question is "the Igbo come from Southern Nigeria."

Question: Why do some Igbo refer to themselves as "core Igbo?"

Answer: That is clearly arrant nonsense. Nobody is core and others peripheral. All Igbo are the same. It is both arrogant, thoughtless and insensitive for anybody to regard others as marginal.

Question: Is Igboland landlocked?

Answer: [/b]Not at all. Igboland stretches from Igwe Ocha (Port Harcourt) to Agbor. The Atlantic ocean washes the shores of Igboland. Africa's second largest river - River Niger, traverses Igboland with one part of Igboland in the east and another part in the west of Nigeria. Uguta Lake has the potential of accommodating large ships and could be made a navigable port. If Igboland is landlocked, then all Nigeria is landlocked.

[b]Question: Is there oil in Igboland?

Answer: [/b]Yes, indeed. There is a lot of oil in Imo State, Abia, Ebonyi, Rivers State and Delta States Igbo areas, and now in Anambra. Besides, Igboland has many other natural resources, including coal, limestone, etc.

[b]Question: Are the Igbo a nation or a tribe?

Answer: [/b]The Igbo are a nation, and a very large one. There are many tribes in Igbo nation, just like you have many tribes within Israel.

[b]Question: Why do some Ikwerre people say they are not Igbo?

Answer: First, it is not up to them to say what they are and what they are not. When God created them, He did not ask them who they wanted to be. He just created them Igbo. The only way you'll know who belongs to what ethnic group in Nigeria is the name and what language the name comes from. Anybody whose name is Amadi or Onyeri, or Eke, or Odili, Wanodi (Nwanodi) does not need to tell you who he is. He is Igbo, his politics notwithstanding.

Question: But they claim that their language is Ikwerre, not Igbo.

Answer: That is politics. Ikwerre is a dialect of Igbo language. Just like an Ngwa man speaks Ngwa Igbo, Arochukwu speaks Arochukwu Igbo, etc.

Question: Some people say that Igbo language is not complete, is it true?

Answer: [/b]No language is complete. All languages borrow from each other. Igbo language is very rich. It has inexhaustible and rich linguistic features like idioms, proverbs, aphorisms, sayings, anecdotes, riddles, folklores, etc. Igbo language is one of the major languages of the world, being spoken by millions of people.

[b]Question: How many are the Igbo?

Answer: The Igbo are very numerous. There is educated guess that if Nigeria's census is properly enumerated, the Igbo could easily be the largest ethnic group in the country. They may number up to 40 million. Everything right now, is speculation. Nobody knows the true stratification or ethnic populations in Nigeria. The Igbo are the only ethnic group found in large numbers everywhere in Nigeria, and foreign countries more than any other ethnic group in Africa.

Question: Do the Igbo have a culture of their own?

Answer: [/b]Yes, indeed. Igbo culture is perhaps, one of the richest and all-encompassing cultures in this world. Igbo culture always observes the temporal and the spiritual aspects of cosmology. The study of Igbo culture reveals that it is extremely deep and original.

[b]Question: Why do the Igbo wear Yoruba Agbada and Hausa babban riga but the Yoruba and the Hausa do not ever wear Igbo national dress?

Answer: Unfortunately this is the case. The Igbo have very attractive and resplendent national dresses. And they come in assortments that are extremely dignifying. The Igbo take up foreign cultures more readily than other Nigerians, and they seem not to care that nobody reciprocates their carefree attitude to life. Most ethnics promote their cultures and show off what makes them unique. Actually, it is still the same so-called educated Igbo class who behave in such disgraceful and the devil-may-care attitude.

Question: Why do the Igbo call themselves Biafrans?

Answer: Great question. Some people have the idea that Biafra originates from the Bight of Biafra. But that is wrong. There was the Kingdom of Biafra that ruled most of the ancient world about 50,000 years ago. Unfortunately, nobody talks about it, for whatever reason, I do not know. But, it is in the ancient maps of the world. If you wish I'll make a copy and send to you.

Question: Were the Igbo also taken into slavery during the slave trade?

Answer: [/b]Yes. The Igbo slaves themselves gave account of their travails in slavery. Olauda Ekwuano an Igbo ex-slave who bought his freedom in Britain was the first slave to write about his experience in slavery. His book has become a classic. You ought to find it and read it. Also, other Igbos who were brought to America revolted and some walked back on water and were said to have returned to Africa. Several books have been written about them. One of such books is "Ibo Landing." It is available in bookstores like Barnes & Noble. In Haiti, the Igbo settled there and refused to be colonized by anybody. There are many places where the Igbo left their mark or their signature.

[b]Question: How did the Igbo know days and years?

Answer: [/b]The Igbo invented an accurate, if not the most accurate calendar called "Iguafo Igbo (Igbo Calendar)." In Igbo calendar, there are four market days - Eke, Afor, Nkwo, Orie that make one week. Four days make one week, seven weeks make one month, and thirteen months make one year. There are 28 days for each month, with the last month having 29 days. Each month starts the same day as the previous. Igbo calendar forms the perfect astronomical alignment with the cosmos, and regulates the seasons, agriculture, navigation, astrology, geography, mathematics, travel, etc.

[b]Question: Did the Igbo have their own alphabets?

Answer: [/b]Yes, indeed. It is called "Nsibidi."

[b]Question: How about mathematics; did the Igbo know mathematics?

Answer: [/b]Yes, indeed. There are such inventions as "Okwe" and "Mkpisi" which the Igbo used to resolve figures.

[b]Question: Did the Igbo know anything about banking?

Answer: [/b]Yes. Igbo banking was more in the nature of Savings and Loans. The authentic Igbo savings and loans invention called "Isusu' in which contributions are pooled each week and one person, who has the need, collects, is still in practice. Igbo slaves took this invention to the Caribbean Islands where they still practise it and call it "Sue Sue."

[b]Question: Some people say that Igboland is too small for the Igbo, that they have no alternative than to live as Nigerians: is this true?

Answer: False. Igboland is a large country. Do every Igbo need to stay and work in Igboland? No. Everywhere in the world, some will stay home while others venture abroad in search of opportunities. Igboland is large enough for the Igbo. And it is a very rich and hospitable part of the world. It has rich soil for agriculture, abundant rainfall, good sunshine, and table land in many parts. Its land space and population are more than that of over half of the present countries in the world.

Question: Where did the Igbo come from?

Answer: That question is still being asked. There are very intriguing theories or histories now being studied. You may have heard of the Jewish angle, the Egypt angle, and the Origin of man angle. This twenty-first century, hopefully, will resolve the mystery.

Question: Why do people say that the Igbo are not united?

Answer: Those who say so, do so out of ignorance. The Igbo are famous for their unity. In the colonial period and the First Republic of Nigeria, the Igbo were always envied for their unity. Under Igbo Union, they accomplished many things. They were feared by others for this. Since after the war, the Igbo are gradually recovering and getting rid of the individualism they developed brought about by their war experience which enabled them to survive as a disinherited people. Now, there are vigorous efforts to reunite them and return them to their old glory which served them well in the past.

Question: Some people say that the Igbo are susceptible to being bought by some other Nigerians, and that they "sell" the Igbo in the bargain; is this true?

Answer: The same parroting and recycling of unfounded talk. When you hear such a talk, challenge the one who is mouthing it to give you evidence, or to cite an example of such an Igbo person. He is likely to say "what of Jim Nwobodo?" Tell him that the Igbo number about 40 million, if it would be fair for the action of one person to represent the integrity of the other 3.99.9 million. The truth is that an Igbo is like any other human being, when he sees where he can take advantage of a situation, he goes for it. It has nothing to do with "selling." Were we not told that fish clusters where the river was deepest or that the dog follows he who has crumbs? Not long ago in the history of Nigeria, other Nigerians were also running after the Igbo for crumbs because the Igbo were in position to call the shots. Things will not remain as they are today. In fact, things are changing fast.

Question: Why are other Nigerians always persecuting the Igbo?

[b]Answer: [/b]I have always tried to know myself. I am one of those who believe that the Igbo are among the most peaceful people on earth. But, because of the fact that they are very hardworking, ambitious, and not afraid to live anywhere, or take up any task, they tend to be resented by their less ambitious and successful neighbors or hosts. When you confront a non-Igbo to say what specific offense the Igbo have committed against them, oftentimes they draw blank, or engage in fabrications, which they insist must stand for a fact. The Igbo believe in live-and-let-live. It is virtually impossible for any Igbo to rise against their guests or hosts. It has never happened in Nigeria, or elsewhere. It is an abomination in Igboland for a host to cause his guest harm. Instead, a guest is considered metaphysically and physically under the protection of the host. All Igbo deities forbid doing harm to a guest. The Igbo are accused of "loving money." I suppose the charge is based on the fact that they work hard and acquire money in the bargain. One would like to believe that the outcome of hardwork is good harvest and hopefully prosperity. If anybody take-Do the Igbo have their own system of jurisprudence before the arrival of the white mans offense at the prosperity of a hardworking person, then the Igbo or for that matter any other person or persons, have no apologies to render.

Answer: [/b]Yes. The Igbo had a system of resolving conflicts. The elders were presented with cases that could not be satisfactorily settled within the family or kindred. Matters where veracity must be ascertained, the Igbo resort to spirituality. Oath-taking is a matter left to the spirits to settle. Those who swear falsely were expected to be killed by the spirits within a given period. After the period, he is acquitted and he could celebrate with public merry-making. The Igbo did not have any prisons, but they could ostracise a culprit, exile him, or send him into slavery or to serve to a deity.

[b]Question: Why don't the Igbo teach these things you are telling me to their children?

[b]Answer: [/b]In the pursuit of what they taught was the "new way" either from Europeans or o Christianity, the Igbo began to distance themselves from their heritage, and in the process became lost in the wilderness of a world they hardly understand. They have learned their lesson the hard way. The twenty-first century will lead them back home.

29 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by podosci(m): 12:01am On Aug 06, 2015
Edo is not biafran na....I am talking about Republic of Ss states, it would make so much sense economically , I swear, we in the SS have nothing to gain from the eastern states

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bayelsa Election: Jonathan Battles To Save Face - Vanguard / Ebonyi Commissioner, Pastor Nwachukwu Beats Ifeoma Alu, Burns Goods, Money / Lagos-Ibadan Expressway And The Churches - Joe Igbokwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.