Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,755 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) (24795 Views)

Football Transfer Deadline Day 2013 - Live Updates / Mikel Obi Told Robben He Would Miss The Penalty / The 2009/10 UEFA Champions League Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by FBS: 7:31am On Jun 10, 2009
the way you folks are mentioning millions like y'all seen that much money before? grin
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by biina: 8:20am On Jun 10, 2009
MrCrackles:

Overrated no, but overpriced, YEAH!
The guy is damn overrated. He had no business winning FWPY. Take a look at other winners, and its obvious CR7 is no where near the caliber of those guys

2008 Cristiano Ronaldo   shocked
2007 Kaká
2006 Fabio Cannavaro
2005 Ronaldinho
2004 Ronaldinho
2003 Zinédine Zidane
2002 Ronaldo
2001 Luís Figo
2000 Zinédine Zidane
1999 Rivaldo
1998 Zinédine Zidane
1997 Ronaldo
1996 Ronaldo
1995 George Weah
1994 Romário
1993 Roberto Baggio
1992 Marco van Basten
1991 Lothar Matthäus

Tell me someone on that list that CR7 is better than?
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by biina: 12:28pm On Jun 10, 2009
Chelsea in for Atletico ace Aguero

Chelsea have made an offer of 50 million euros for Atletico Madrid's highly-rated Argentinian striker Sergio Aguero, according to English media reports on Wednesday.
The 21-year-old, who scored 17 goals last season to help Atletico claim a place in the Champions League, is one of the hottest properties in European football.
He said earlier this month that he wanted to stay in the Spanish capital but urged Atletico's owners to invest in player reinforcement to ensure the club was capable of making an impact among Europe's elite, suggesting he could be attracted by a switch to a club challenging for major honours every season.
The size of Chelsea's reported offer will severely test the resolve of the Atletico board to keep Aguero, who is the son-in-law of Diego Maradona.
http://eurosport.yahoo.com/10062009/3/chelsea-atletico-ace-aguero.html
[img]http://ariefantasista10.files./2008/03/sergioaguero.jpg[/img]
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by Grizzly(m): 5:17pm On Jun 10, 2009
Just heard barca signed ibra, with eto'o moving the other way. Well if thats true then laporta is a greedy bastard!

Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by biina: 6:17pm On Jun 10, 2009
Inter denies the Ibra for Eto + €10M trade

Transfer market: when the theory is groundless,

MILAN - During the transfer window, a headline in a newspaper is enough to transform groundless rumours into truth. This is what has happened today after the article published in Barcelona newspaper El Mundo Deportivo about a presumed deal between FC Internazionale and the Catalan club. Besides being completely unfounded, the presumed deal seems remote from any logic, even to the eyes of neutral observers. The report is, therefore, groundless.

http://www.inter.it/aas/news/reader?N=31595&L=en
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by mykali(m): 7:50pm On Jun 10, 2009
why does Ibra want to live Inter. i love him there. they shouldn't let him go.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by FBS: 10:23am On Jun 11, 2009
Premier League - United accept world record Ronaldo bid
Manchester United have accepted a world record £80 million bid from Real Madrid for Cristiano Ronaldo.

A statement on United's official website read: "Manchester United have received a world-record, unconditional offer of £80 million for Cristiano Ronaldo from Real Madrid.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/11062009/58/premier-league-united-accept-world-record-ronaldo-bid.html

This is madness but wetin be my own. its not me money. My kids one day will cost way more than that. wink
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by debosky(m): 10:25am On Jun 11, 2009
Chelski should stop thinking they are big boys - Madrid are the top dogs at spending cash!!
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by mukina2: 10:41am On Jun 11, 2009
FBS:

This is madness but wetin be my own. its not me money. My kids one day will cost way more than that. wink

yeah its free to dream tongue tongue

debosky:

Chelski should stop thinking they are big boys - Madrid are the top dogs at spending cash!!
nor mind am " i want good buys" money bag grin
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by biina: 10:54am On Jun 11, 2009
£80M for CR7 shocked
The foolishness of Calderon has solved manu debt problems at the expense of Madrid cry embarassed sad angry
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by FBS: 11:09am On Jun 11, 2009
mukina2:

yeah its free to dream tongue tongue
Muki, Dreams come true. . .hope you know that. watch out for my boy.

nor mind am " i want good buys" money bag grin

Na me say make  you support stingy manager and club? tongue

As per big boy money bags, I don't even like the idea of paying extra large amounts for players. They are setting a stage for acute madness.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by Ibime(m): 11:12am On Jun 11, 2009
biina:

£80M for CR7 shocked
The foolishness of Calderon has solved manu debt problems at the expense of Madrid cry embarassed sad angry

Not necessarily. . . . payments for Ronaldo are staggered over 5 years. . . meaning that in monetary terms, Perez has only paid for one galactico this year (Kaka). . . . which is his business model. . .
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by biina: 11:21am On Jun 11, 2009
Ibime:

Not necessarily. . . . payments for Ronaldo are staggered over 5 years. . . meaning that in monetary terms, Perez has only paid for one galactico this year (Kaka). . . . which is his business model. . .
I don't care if its paid over a decade, madrid got f**ked from behind. Madrid just payed €94M for a defending WPY who is likely going to miss the worldcup courtesy of Hungary! shocked angry
Another lentini.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by FBS: 11:53am On Jun 11, 2009
Is it not easier for them to just buy Newcastle?
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by debosky(m): 11:58am On Jun 11, 2009
FBS:

Is it not easier for them to just buy Newcastle?
grin grin grin

This is sad - Newcastle and Ronaldo cost the same.  cheesy

Ibime:

Was 'business model' the first phrase your mama spoke when you came out of the womb?  grin Abeg make we hear word jo - roadside mathematician masquerading as analyst.  grin

Madrid has laid two HUGE markers regarding the CL next season, snapping up two of the most prolific performers on that stage. Can Roman really do anything to compare?
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by tkb417(m): 12:02pm On Jun 11, 2009
Was business model the first words your mama spoke when you came out of the womb? Abeg make we hear word jo - roadside mathematician masquerading as analyst.

hehehehe

Ibime
what kinda biz model is that?
i tot a biz model is simply how you make money so has Madrid under Perez ever made money?
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by allboyz(m): 1:55pm On Jun 11, 2009
Madrid is gonna be dreadful club next season ooooo

how i wished they ended up 6th in the La liga this season . . . . embarassed embarassed
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by FBS: 1:58pm On Jun 11, 2009
allboyz:

Madrid is gonna be dreadful club next season ooooo

how i wished they ended up 6th  in the La liga this season. . . . embarassed embarassed
thank your stars you bought Arshie else you might have ended 6th in the EPL.  tongue *just a little dig, shay you don't mind grin*

debosky:

Was 'business model' the first phrase your mama spoke when you came out of the womb?  grin Abeg make we hear word jo - roadside mathematician masquerading as analyst.  grin
tkb417:

hehehehe
Ibime
i tot a biz model is simply how you make money so has Madrid under Perez ever made money?
abeg you guys should leave Ibime alone. I'm loving his management and business model skills. He should be working for Okokomaiko Local Govt.  cheesy
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by allboyz(m): 2:09pm On Jun 11, 2009
FBS:

thank your stars you bought Arshie else you might have ended 6th in the EPL.  tongue *just a little dig, shay you don't mind grin*
with ot without ashie . .would would still had qualify for the CL spot. . . grin grin grin

FBS:

abeg you guys should leave Ibime alone. I'm loving his management and business model skills. He should be working for Okokomaiko Local Govt.  cheesy

are you from that region? i mean Okomiako? shocked shocked grin grin
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by FBS: 2:21pm On Jun 11, 2009
allboyz:

with ot without ashie . .would would still had qualify for the CL spot. . . grin grin grin
No way. Even Debosky confirmed that Arshie help you out else you may have had to fight relegation.  tongue grin cheesy

are you from that region? i mean Okomiako? shocked shocked grin grin
Of course not. how can I be when I'm your brother? cool cheesy
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by Ibime(m): 2:35pm On Jun 11, 2009
tkb417:

hehehehe

Ibime

C'mon mate. . . . I don't get your point . . . na only for Naija wey business model deals solely with income?. . . . . business model deals with operational processes and all that. . . . Perez operational process has always been to sign one galactico per season. . . .and that fits in with his business model. . . . I am simply pointing out that the payments for Ronnie are staggered over 5 years. . . . which means he has still only spent monies equivalent to one galactico this year. . . . WTF are y'all on about? grin
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by debosky(m): 4:46pm On Jun 11, 2009
@ Ibime

Don't look now, but by spending 37m (euros) on Villa, Perez might have succeeded not only in gazumping Chelski again, but also defeated your 'one galactico per season' business process. grin grin

Does 1 Kaka, 1/5th Ronaldo and possibly 1/5th Villa equal one galactico per season to you? grin

Road side mathematician ke? That is too sophisticated, you are a gutter-side mathematician. grin grin grin
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by Ibime(m): 5:47pm On Jun 11, 2009
debosky:

@ Ibime

Don't look now, but by spending 37m (euros) on Villa, Perez might have succeeded not only in gazumping Chelski again, but also defeated your 'one galactico per season' business process.  grin grin

Does 1 Kaka, 1/5th Ronaldo and possibly 1/5th Villa equal one galactico per season to you?  grin

Road side mathematician ke? That is too sophisticated, you are a gutter-side mathematician.  grin grin grin

How many times do I have to school you on footie matters. . . . if this continues, I will have to charge a fee for my services. . . . how can Villa be a galactico?. . . . Villa is not a galactico, he is an Amancio. . . . now google that and get back to me. . .

Personally, I am very happy that Chelsea is staying out of the market for now. . . . I do not believe in buying when the market is high. . . . I have always preferred that Chelsea adopt a sustainable model even if that means lack of success in the short run. . . . money is no issue. . . . Ronaldo is only worth 2/5th of Abramovic's latest yacht. . . . again, money is not the issue. . .
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by debosky(m): 5:59pm On Jun 11, 2009
Ibime:

How many times do I have to school you on footie matters. . . . if this continues, I will have to charge a fee for my services. . . . how can Villa be a galactico?. . . . Villa is not a galactico, he is an Amancio. . . . now google that and get back to me. . .

Unless you have developed some strictly held to definition for galactico beyond 'superstar joining Madrid', then he remains a galactico to me. tongue He can be both Amancio and Galactico at the same time - he is the 'best in spain' ans well as 'superstar' tongue

Personally, I am very happy that Chelsea is staying out of the market for now. . . . I do not believe in buying when the market is high. . . . I have always preferred that Chelsea adopt a sustainable model even if that means lack of success in the short run. . . . money is no issue. . . . Ronaldo is only worth 2/5th of Abramovic's latest yatch. . . . again, money is not the issue. . .

Money is not the issue? Y'all can't get the players you want and you're talking money is not an issue? Roman wanted Kaka but failed, that is a fact.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jun 11, 2009
would this make Madrid a better team? I'm not convinced.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by Ibime(m): 6:04pm On Jun 11, 2009
debosky:

Unless you have developed some strictly held to definition for galactico beyond 'superstar joining Madrid', then he remains a galactico to me.  tongue He can be both Amancio and Galactico at the same time - he is the 'best in spain' ans well as 'superstar'  tongue.

Are you finished googling?  grin

Villa can never be a galactico. . . . he lacks the worldwide appeal and ability to attract sponsorship. . . a galactico is not just down to performance on the pitch. . . . it is a business model, which Perez claims is self sustaining. . . if galactico was tied to pitchside performance alone, Beckham woud not be a galactico. . . hence Villa is not a galactico. . . . QED!
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by jalether(m): 6:21pm On Jun 11, 2009
R.Madrid is the biggest retard in the history of football club.

shouldnt they be more concerned on strengthening that shitty defence of theirs

a more progressive approach will be securing the deal of players like Vidic, Chiellini, Evra first and foremost

Casillas can only make so many saves. the formula is pretty simple, dont concede goals (or concede less goals)

and you have a pretty big chance of winning virtually every game
, look at Chelsea 04-05, 05-06, even though we didnt play

the most attacking football, our rock solid defence (Terry, Carvalho, Makelele et al) meant we could win games without

havent to score 3, 4 goals per match
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by mykali(m): 6:45pm On Jun 11, 2009
Wow. This has gotten way beyond sensible reasoning.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by biina: 6:48pm On Jun 11, 2009
There is more to modern day football than just winning on the pitch. You also need to make money.
If you win without playing good football, Madrid fans will ask for your head.

CR7 is definitely marketable. It is his on the field productivity, and locker room behavior, that's worrying. For a player that seems to have ego issues already, this transfer is likely to worsen things.
Madrid can pull it off if they win trophies next season, else it will be a disaster.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jun 11, 2009
Biina

I totally agree with you
I am a Man Utd fan but I think those who voted Ronaldo Fifa world footballer of the year, have simply desecrated the elite club of players

He is not good enough to be world player of the year.
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jun 11, 2009
what plans does Madrid have for a defensive midfielder? are they still planning to reclone Claude Makelele in the form of Lassana Diara
Re: The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) by romeo(m): 7:21pm On Jun 11, 2009
jalether:

R.Madrid is the biggest retard in the history of football club.

shouldnt they be more concerned on strengthening that shitty defence of theirs

a more progressive approach will be securing the deal of players like Vidic, Chiellini, Evra first and foremost

You mean the same shitty Man U defence that Eto'o and Henry turned inside out to win CL ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? / Chelsea Vs Maccabi Tel Aviv: UCL (4 - 0) On 16th September 2015 / Northampton Town Vs Manchester United :League Cup (1 - 3) On 21st Sept 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.