Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,543 members, 7,819,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Nigeria Should Be Divided - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Should Be Divided (670 Views)

b / Should Nigeria Be Divided Into North And South Separate Countries Like Sudan? / Should Nigeria Be Divided? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Should Be Divided by Strength10: 4:47am On Jun 01, 2009
I have always believed in one Nigeria( and i am IGBO) because i thought if we harnessed our human and natural resources in all regions, Nigeria will come out a better country. But the way things are going in the country, especially since YaradoNothing came into office, the Mentality and culture of some Northerners, the inefficiency of our system engulfed with tribal sentiments, i am begining to think that the entity called Nigeria is not working and may not work for long unless some drastic national unification efforts are taken. Nigeria should go back to its original autonomous regional governments; the way it used to be before the civil war and if we can't work that way, THEN the west, Biafra and North(Northeast and West or whatever they want) should go their seperate ways and go develop the lives of their people. We shoud be doing better than we are doing now but it is like Nigeria has regressed and continues to regress since Yaradua took office. IT is a shame.!!
Re: Nigeria Should Be Divided by IKEYMAN1: 10:21am On Jun 01, 2009
listen man

i honestly think u should take ur shit to asshole rock

u just keep making the same post all the time in the pretence like its a new idea

nigeria will stay and watch u die!

now bury that!

the north or no north, with their backwardness in the increase trend, they will surely let lose the grip

wetin come happen to some human brain these days

in fact got out of the way
Re: Nigeria Should Be Divided by Ben13: 11:02am On Jun 01, 2009
Nigeria must not divide o. . . not now that things are getting better.
Re: Nigeria Should Be Divided by beystwin: 11:10am On Jun 01, 2009
There is no going back, Nigeria will never divide. tongue
Re: Nigeria Should Be Divided by Ben13: 11:15am On Jun 01, 2009
It's not a joke. Naija must be one forever
Re: Nigeria Should Be Divided by Strength10: 4:47pm On Jun 01, 2009
IKEYMAN!!!:

listen man

i honestly think u should take ur shit to asshole rock

u just keep making the same post all the time in the pretence like its a new idea

nigeria will stay and watch u die!

now bury that!

the north or no north, with their backwardness in the increase trend, they will surely let lose the grip

wetin come happen to some human brain these days

in fact got out of the way

Hey Men, why i am posting this is that some people like me who used to believe in one Nigeria are now getting skeptical about the progress and survival of the entity called nigeria. This is a growing trend and some of my friends and others who believed we should be together are now calling for our division. Even some western countries are thinking the same. If this trend continues, and this is not resolved amicably and in such a way that we can exist together while being seperate and autonomus, you are looking at another bloody civil war down the line.
Re: Nigeria Should Be Divided by oderemo(m): 5:02pm On Jun 01, 2009
[
color=#990000]Even some western countries are thinking the same[/color]. If this trend continues, and this is not resolved amicably and in such a way that we can exist .

i thought we are an independent nation able to think, plan, install an oba , obi, emir, rig elections etc OURSELVES without outside interference. ?
Re: Nigeria Should Be Divided by Strength10: 6:32pm On Jun 01, 2009
ode remo:

[
i thought we are an independent nation able to think, plan, install an oba , obi, emir, rig elections etc OURSELVES without outside interference. ?

Yes, we are an independent country, but when other strong countries start taking notice and supporting such ideas and divisons, it feeds the opposition and secessionist and give them a voice they never had. Look at what happened between Serbia and Kosovo recently and you'll understand how significant the support of other countries can lead to disintegration.

(1) (Reply)

Is Fashola: A Man Of His Own Or A Tinubu Boy? / Yar’adua May Pardon Coup Plotters / Nigeria Is Here To Stay! Like It Or Not

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.