Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,854 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread - Phones (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread (39123 Views)

Infinix Hot 4 PRO (X556) Official Discussion Thread (REVIEW) / Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread / Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by kolexepana: 1:08pm On Jan 29, 2016
augster:
so tecno l5 na high end? Cmon!
Yeah it is
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by augster(m): 1:14pm On Jan 29, 2016
kolexepana:
Yeah it is
yh i know you‘re just joking
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by kolexepana: 1:16pm On Jan 29, 2016
augster:
hehe.. i'm not a comedian undecided
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by BenKafor(m): 3:22pm On Jan 29, 2016
JanethEze:

Wow, 60 hours for real?

LOL, that is a lot for a Tecno device. If it's true then that's amazing.
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by JanethEze(f): 3:41pm On Jan 29, 2016
BenKafor:

LOL, that is a lot for a Tecno device. If it's true then that's amazing.
It might be true
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by Booyakasha(f): 5:15pm On Jan 29, 2016
JanethEze:

It might be true
fuckoff!! male account lipsrsealed
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by Nobody: 8:26am On Jan 30, 2016
Alcatel is an established company not a new comer and best? Its a french company. Comparers might need to think well before comparing it with 'chinese new comers'

1 Like

Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by Booyakasha(f): 9:07am On Jan 30, 2016
krixtal:
Alcatel is an established company not a new comer and best? Its a french company. Comparers might need to think well before comparing it with 'chinese new comers'
they(Alcatel-Lucent mobile) were aquired by a reputable Chinese company named TLC and their developers are everywhere in the US etc... such a quality brand.
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:08am On Jan 30, 2016
Booyakasha:

they(Alcatel-Lucent mobile) were aquired by a reputable Chinese company named TLC and their developers are everywhere in the US etc... such a quality brand.
thanks for update.was familiar with them when no android.
Checked up wikipedia, its own by nokia, finland. Or 'outdated' on wikipedia?
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by Ana5000(f): 1:10pm On Jan 31, 2016
augster:
so tecno l5 na high end? Cmon!
It is a mid range phone. It's a good phone though.
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by augster(m): 12:18am On Feb 01, 2016
Ana5000:

It is a mid range phone. It's a good phone though.
sister l5 na low end ok? Mid range are camon c8, infinix note 2

2 Likes

Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by Booyakasha(f): 8:07am On Feb 01, 2016
augster:
sister l5 na low end ok? Mid range are camon c8, i infinix note 2
PS: plus the onetouch popstar
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by JanethEze(f): 4:08pm On Feb 01, 2016
Booyakasha:
fuckoff!! male account lipsrsealed

Don't be stoopid OK.
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by Jascon4: 11:36am On Feb 02, 2016
Booyakasha:

oneclickroot.com use pc

Can you please explain this rooting thing for me, the reasons for rooting, it's benefits and function. Will appreciate that.
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by Booyakasha(f): 11:41am On Feb 02, 2016
Jascon4:

Can you please explain this rooting thing for me, the reasons for rooting, it's benefits and function. Will appreciate that.
Rooting is like unlocking a door... with root you can do anything you want with your device with no restrictions at all, e.g you can install greenify (to help save your battery to it's maximum potential), you can install custom roms and you can use a virtual ram to increase your ram... the possibilities are endless wink
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by Jascon4: 1:39pm On Feb 02, 2016
Booyakasha:

Rooting is like unlocking a door... with root you can do anything you want with your device with no restrictions at all, e.g you can install greenify (to help save your battery to it's maximum potential), you can install custom roms and you can use a virtual ram to increase your ram... the possibilities are endless wink

Sounds good! However, if it's that advantageous, why don't the phone manufacturers make their device come rooted. More so, what's the downside?

1 Like

Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by Booyakasha(f): 4:15pm On Feb 02, 2016
Jascon4:

Sounds good! However, if it's that advantageous, why don't the phone manufacturers make their device come rooted. More so, what's the downside?
Because some unskilled user can mess with the root folder and brick their devices... root is basically a folder that contains all the files(codes) that makes your Android Device work, from the software to booting up your device to basically doing anything in the user interface like touching the screen to pull a widget etc, the root folder would be locked down and hidden by the manufacturers to prevent you from messing things up and also protecting you from some malicious apps that you install from unknown sources sneak into your root and control your device thereby becoming a malware or virus...

Gaining root access (unlocking the root folder to be able to modify/add and access contents of the folder) will give you super power over your device... and make you do things that you thought were impossible, you can look up Google on some powerful benefits of rooting your device, some of the benefits are: ability to install custom roms like cynogenmod(updates you to the latest android version if you use a device that does not update your os e.g tecno, gionee, infinix etc), xposed framework, greenify battery saver and other powerful stuffs...

Disadvantages: Voids warranty? ... (you can always unroot and get back warranty)
Damage/brick device? you can always backup your stock rom and restore your device... you see? sweet!!! tongue

You can like our page as a way of appreciating my effort for typing all this @ http://Facebook.com/tunerobrainz cheesy

1 Like

Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by Jascon4: 8:08pm On Feb 02, 2016
Booyakasha:

Because some unskilled user can mess with the root folder and brick their devices... root is basically a folder that contains all the files(codes) that makes your Android Device work, from the software to booting up your device to basically doing anything in the user interface like touching the screen to pull a widget etc, the root folder would be locked down and hidden by the manufacturers to prevent you from messing things up and also protecting you from some malicious apps that you install from unknown sources sneak into your root and control your device thereby becoming a malware or virus...

Gaining root access (unlocking the root folder to be able to modify/add and access contents of the folder) will give you super power over your device... and make you do things that you thought were impossible, you can look up Google on some powerful benefits of rooting your device, some of the benefits are: ability to install custom roms like cynogenmod(updates you to the latest android version if you use a device that does not update your os e.g tecno, gionee, infinix etc), xposed framework, greenify battery saver and other powerful stuffs...

Disadvantages: Voids warranty? ... (you can always unroot and get back warranty)
Damage/brick device? you can always backup your stock rom and restore your device... you see? sweet!!! tongue

You can like our page as a way of appreciating my effort for typing all this @ http://Facebook.com/tunerobrainz cheesy

Awesome! I will do that. Thank you for the invaluable info.
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by kolexepana: 1:29pm On Feb 03, 2016
augster:
Well, i'm not Bovi
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by bobo65(m): 8:38pm On Feb 03, 2016
Booyakasha:

PS: plus the onetouch popstar

Babe how far

D lady i sold my own phone to is saying the phone ain't loud

Is urs loud?
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by Booyakasha(f): 11:26pm On Feb 03, 2016
bobo65:

Babe how far

D lady i sold my own phone to is saying the phone ain't loud

Is urs loud?
how?
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by bobo65(m): 5:00am On Feb 04, 2016
Booyakasha:

how?

Said it doesn't talk out loud on speaker and on earpiece of the phone, even on earphone

U know u gals n Ur wahala

Today is my bday and she is telling me to come n look at it
Her money wey I wan use flex

1 Like

Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by Booyakasha(f): 6:40am On Feb 04, 2016
bobo65:

Said it doesn't talk out loud on speaker and on earpiece of the phone, even on earphone

U know u gals n Ur wahala

Today is my bday and she is telling me to come n look at it
Her money wey I wan use flex
She has hearing problems maybe.... Doesn't she know how to use the volume keys??
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by bobo65(m): 6:48am On Feb 04, 2016
Booyakasha:

She has hearing problems maybe.... Doesn't she know how to use the volume keys??

The matter jes tire me

That phone wasn't used more than a week or two
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by Booyakasha(f): 8:25pm On Feb 04, 2016
wtf is robinhez2 doing? lipsrsealed
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by trent9002(m): 11:59am On Feb 13, 2016
Please, has anyone rooted this phone, ive tried every method i know. Cc booyakasha or anyone
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by lilwill(m): 6:06am On Feb 14, 2016
hello NLs, been trying to change an imei of an friends pop star but it keeps coming up with "AT command is msent error CME =100"
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by Booyakasha(f): 7:00am On Feb 14, 2016
lilwill:
hello NLs, been trying to change an imei of an friends pop star but it keeps coming up with "AT command is msent error CME =100"
root first... then use mobile uncle tools.
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by lilwill(m): 8:02am On Feb 14, 2016
Booyakasha:

root first... then use mobile uncle tools.
how? root genius doesn't work... how did you root urs
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by Booyakasha(f): 8:44am On Feb 14, 2016
lilwill:

how? root genius doesn't work... how did you root urs
kingroot should do it..

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

This Is How Fast MTN 5G Network Is! / N1.4trn Penalty Too Heavy To Bear – MTN / Do You Know What The White Or Black Stripes On Your Earpiece Jack do ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.