Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,523 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread (39234 Views)

Infinix Hot 4 PRO (X556) Official Discussion Thread (REVIEW) / Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread / Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by Booyakasha(f): 8:55pm On Jan 14, 2016
princemi:

well i can't say for sure because i'v never used or even as much as see the gionee m3. But i can tell you the Alcatel is an Amazing phone with it's major downside being battery ish.
Yeah, the battery is not bad if you don't use the Internet much..
I can't go back to using the android kitkat.... that's like living in 2014.. even if you root and install a custom rom you'll still face hardware compatibility issues.. well, in terms of hardware/software minus battery life, the popstar beats the m3 by far.. The Alcatel popstar wasn't really developed for the Nigerian market (countries with low power supply) that's why you don't see the 3-5k mah battery lol... the 2k mah battery is pretty good though with power saving mode...

1 Like

Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by dacillin: 9:53pm On Jan 14, 2016
princemi:

ermm, say 5-6 hours...i don't do much with it, just a mild user.
Tankz! Is d battery removable?
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by princemi(m): 10:13pm On Jan 14, 2016
dacillin:

Tankz! Is d battery removable?
yea...totally

1 Like

Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by princemi(m): 10:21pm On Jan 14, 2016
Booyakasha:

Yeah, the battery is not bad if you don't use the Internet much..
I can't go back to using the android kitkat.... that's like living in 2014.. even if you root and install a custom rom you'll still face hardware compatibility issues.. well, in terms of hardware/software minus battery life, the popstar beats the m3 by far.. The Alcatel popstar wasn't really developed for the Nigerian market (countries with low power supply) that's why you don't see the 3-5k mah battery lol... the 2k mah battery is pretty good though with power saving mode...

God! i think am in love...but then you should have quoted the dude so he would see it.
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by bobo65(m): 10:34pm On Jan 14, 2016
Booyakasha:
Having difficulties changing your imei? it's easy, the android 5.1 comes with a stock engr.mode.. no need to root, just dail: *#*#3646633#*#* wink

cc: princemi, bobo65, joeyztime

Lol
Probs isn't accessing engr mode, its sending the AT command.. It always bring up an error
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by Booyakasha(f): 10:44pm On Jan 14, 2016
bobo65:

Lol
Probs isn't accessing engr mode, its sending the AT command.. It always bring up an error
have you actually tried sending the command using the default engr.mode?
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by bobo65(m): 2:44am On Jan 15, 2016
Booyakasha:

have you actually tried sending the command using the default engr.mode?

Nah
Have u?
Cos me isn't expecting any change

And there is nuffn like "default engr mode", all phones have one engr mode, apps are just short cuts used to access em

So as I asked, have u?
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by Booyakasha(f): 6:18am On Jan 15, 2016
bobo65:

Nah
Have u?
Cos me isn't expecting any change

And there is nuffn like "default engr mode", all phones have one engr mode, apps are just short cuts used to access em

So as I asked, have u?
lol... I know, but you're wrong, there's something like a
default.engr mode since sending the AT command seems to work more than using an application... I don't have need for changing my imei now, when i do I'll notify you...
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by abbeyboyz54(m): 2:24pm On Jan 20, 2016
How to root this phone please
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by Booyakasha(f): 4:30pm On Jan 20, 2016
abbeyboyz54:
How to root this phone please
oneclickroot.com use pc
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by omosko(m): 8:09pm On Jan 20, 2016
Booyakasha:
I have rooted my device at last... smiley i pray the price increase even more... hahaha or even go out of stock!!

Pls are u serious about this? Cos have tried all the root apps both pc & mobile version... Both dis root genius. All to no avail.
Pls can i have u whatsapp no? Or fb link... So we can talk more of it... I really need to root this phone.
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by seanery: 6:01am On Jan 23, 2016
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by Booyakasha(f): 9:45am On Jan 23, 2016
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by omosko(m): 9:47am On Jan 24, 2016
Booyakasha:
wtf is that?
Ans me my friend
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by Johnklein(m): 8:27pm On Jan 25, 2016
I'm just about ordering for the fone, i came here to read review abt the fone and wat i saw here is mind blowing
I just hope m able to tweak d imei oooo, so important for me.
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by bobo65(m): 9:57pm On Jan 25, 2016
Johnklein:
I'm just about ordering for the fone, i came here to read review abt the fone and wat i saw here is mind blowing
I just hope m able to tweak d imei oooo, so important for me.

Doubt that
U can use advance method to tweak it tho

That's above my jurisdiction
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by dacillin: 3:30pm On Jan 26, 2016
battery of dis fone is worst.
It drain frm 86% to 2% wen playin music for an hour.
It takes only 5 to 10 minutes to charge fully. I wonder whc kind of battery is dat!
Pls, help on hw to conserve d battery life.
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by bobo65(m): 4:23pm On Jan 26, 2016
dacillin:
It takes only 5 to 10 minutes to charge fully. I wonder whc kind of battery is dat!

Give it a while
Zero lemon will soon make extended battery for the phone

Get a good powerbank

1 Like

Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jan 26, 2016
dacillin:
what the hell. Whats a nigga suppose to do with a phone with such a battery.
Ya know a smartphone is all 'bout screen and battery. Not ideal to take a screen that wont 'play' music more than 2 hours. But some say it last up to 4hrs on everyday use
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by bobo65(m): 5:15am On Jan 27, 2016
So Bae saw my wiko highway sign and return took it and gave me back this phone
Now I'm faced with d probs of imei tweaking

Who have tweaked theirs?? ??

Will sell off this phone if I can't tweak the imei
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by Nobody: 6:48am On Jan 27, 2016
I had a vodafone that the battery percentage drops every minute no matter how the phone was used, which is xtremely bad.
I want to buy the alcatel but i never want to use a phone like the vodafone again.
If it can last like tecno m3 then its ok for me. I need battery comparism with tecno m3. guys
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by Nobody: 7:12am On Jan 27, 2016
And also clear me of this. Does this phone drain power from 86% to 2% in 1hour music play as someone posted, thats like draining from full charge to 0% on heavy use in 1hour. If so im definitely not buying it. Awaiting your reply niggas.
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by Booyakasha(f): 7:17am On Jan 27, 2016
emtimes:
And also clear me of this. Does this phone drain power from 86% to 2% in 1hour music play as someone posted, thats like draining from full charge to 0% on heavy use in 1hour. If so im definitely not buying it. Awaiting your reply niggas.
wtf? don't buy this device.... it's a 2k mah battery not a bad battery, if you're someone who uses your device heavily for one hour from 100% you'll be left with about 70 to 60%. I have constant power supply so i haven't noticed anything with my battery.. lol..
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by bobo65(m): 7:17am On Jan 27, 2016
emtimes:

Seems like this phone has two types or the battery gets better with time

Mine lasts very well

Iv been awake since 3am browsing on H+ from then to now, my battery was in 85℅ now its in 42%

Its very okay if u ask me

If u just bought the phone..use it for 2 weeks..ull c d difference
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by bobo65(m): 7:19am On Jan 27, 2016
emtimes:
I had a vodafone that the battery percentage drops every minute no matter how the phone was used, which is xtremely bad.
I want to buy the alcatel but i never want to use a phone like the vodafone again.
If it can last like tecno m3 then its ok for me. I need battery comparism with tecno m3. guys

Lol
It last better than m3
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by Booyakasha(f): 7:20am On Jan 27, 2016
dacillin:
I have never had such experience... 86 - 2% that's hilarious... lol.. you have a bad battery.... replace the battery...

EDIT: I used my Alcatel popstar yesterday at 80% with H+ my Internet is always active since I'm always studying and stuffs... below is a screenshot of my uptime, 9hrs+ grin note: i didn't charge since 80%, and i played some music..

Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by bobo65(m): 7:21am On Jan 27, 2016
Wanna sell mine

Less than a month old

With carton charger manuals box , very neat, I'm including an original earphone, not d scrap that came with d phone

Interested buyers can hook me up on 07032443577 both cal n whats app

Location is Abuja or Lagos
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by Booyakasha(f): 7:26am On Jan 27, 2016
bobo65:
Wanna sell mine

Less than a month old

With carton charger manuals box , very neat, I'm including an original earphone, not d scrap that came with d phone

Interested buyers can hook me up on 07032443577 both cal n whats app

Location is Abuja or Lagos
How much?
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by bobo65(m): 7:37am On Jan 27, 2016
Booyakasha:
How much?

Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by bobo65(m): 7:39am On Jan 27, 2016
Booyakasha:

I have never had such experience... 86 - 2% that's hilarious... lol.. you have a bad battery.... replace the battery...

EDIT: I used my Alcatel popstar yesterday at 80% with H+ my Internet is always active since I'm always studying and stuffs... below is a screenshot of my uptime, 9hrs+ grin note: i didn't charge since 80%, and i played some music..

U using Eti and psiphon?
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by Booyakasha(f): 9:07am On Jan 27, 2016
bobo65:

U using Eti and psiphon?
no mtn
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:08am On Jan 27, 2016
If its better than that of m3 then thats no problem. Some people are just 'over demanding' then.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water / The type of phone you use is a reflection of who you are. / No More Poor Network As Nigerians Introduces New "Super SIM Card"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.