Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,922 members, 7,814,102 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread (39185 Views)

Infinix Hot 4 PRO (X556) Official Discussion Thread (REVIEW) / Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread / Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by Booyakasha(f): 6:38pm On Jan 11, 2016
pepperonii:

How do I turn off my camera sound... Just incase I'm trying to take selfies in class grin
That's easy, just press your volume down button and reduce the volume to your desired level, you can set it to silent by lowering it to the extreme..
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by Booyakasha(f): 6:44pm On Jan 11, 2016
samuel19222:
please help, since i bought my phone since december last year, i cant send text message, when ever i tried to send it, it always saying text not sent
Can you elucidate? You might wanna goto msg settings and restore settings to default.... or try another Sim to test if it still says "not sent" .... then give us feedback, No one has this problem here, we'll try to help you out. smiley
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by samuel19222(m): 7:24pm On Jan 11, 2016
yeah i have done that, i tested it with glo and airtel still the same, i even called both network customer care, i was ask to check the message center number which i did still the same.
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by Booyakasha(f): 8:17pm On Jan 11, 2016
samuel19222:
yeah i have done that, i tested it with glo and airtel still the same, i even called both network customer care, i was ask to check the message center number which i did still the same.
Since you can make calls with your pop, then I'll say it's a software problem, and the only way to troubleshoot a software problem is by doing the hard reset... Do it!
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by dacillin: 11:54pm On Jan 11, 2016
hey house! Hw much did u get d fone in d market n where?
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by Booyakasha(f): 6:34am On Jan 12, 2016
dacillin:
hey house! Hw much did u get d fone in d market n where?
22-23K in phone stores, 20K on konga.
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by pepperonii(f): 8:51am On Jan 12, 2016
Booyakasha:

That's easy, just press your volume down button and reduce the volume to your desired level, you can set it to silent by lowering it to the extreme..
Wouldn't I be reducing the volume of the ring tone too or I turn on the cam first?

I tried it and it reduced the volume of my ring tone too, tried it with the cam on and it was taking shots
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by Booyakasha(f): 10:45am On Jan 12, 2016
pepperonii:

Wouldn't I be reducing the volume of the ring tone too or I turn on the cam first?

I tried it and it reduced the volume of my ring tone too, tried it with the cam on and it was taking shots
Download "camera mute".
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by princemi(m): 11:33am On Jan 12, 2016
Booyakasha:

Why don't you buy a tecno instead? or an infinix..? the alcatel onetouch popstar sucks... the 3G network is so 21mps I stream HD videos, and the CPU speed is so wicked... plus my home button like the iPhone. God! I love this device. I'm a big fan of the alcatel onetouch now.... cheesy

sacarstic, hilarious and a geek...for a moment i thought i had found the one until i read your personal text. Just a little advice; please don't commit suicide ( or isn't that what you mean by drifting away? ) cheesy
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by princemi(m): 11:37am On Jan 12, 2016
pepperonii:

The battery is not bad at all....you're probably a heavy gamer. This phone is too sleek for heavy duty activities like that. Lol I'm just saying. The phone is cool af

people seeing for the first time just couldn't take their eyes off it and what i enjoy most (or rather used to enjoy) is the fact that the absence of name plaster on the face puts them in a pulsating mode...Really it's a cool phone
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by Booyakasha(f): 11:46am On Jan 12, 2016
princemi:

sacarstic, hilarious and a geek...for a moment i thought i had found the one until i read your personal text. Just a little advice; please don't commit suicide ( or isn't that what you mean by drifting away? ) cheesy
That's a line from my fav song title waves by mr.probz... yeah I'm slowly drifting smiley
princemi:

people seeing for the first time just couldn't take their eyes off it and what i enjoy most (or rather used to enjoy) is the fact that the absence of name plaster on the face puts them in a pulsating mode...Really it's a cool phone
Yeah, I'm planning on buying a galaxy note 5 this year since my note 3 was stolen last year and just to have a good smartphone for the time being, i choose the popstar mainly because it's unique and has that rare feel.. this phone has pure quality.. and the 4x core is really pleasing... i don't worry about the RAM since i can use my SD card as a virtual RAM... goto settings > storage, you'll see something like mount external USB storage, i have an otg cable and i'm gonna try increasing my vRAM to 8GB... I'm still researching though...
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by dacillin: 12:30pm On Jan 12, 2016
Booyakasha:
22-23K in phone stores, 20K on konga.
Tankz!
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by princemi(m): 4:55pm On Jan 12, 2016
Booyakasha:

That's a line from my fav song title waves by mr.probz... yeah I'm slowly drifting smiley
Yeah, I'm planning on buying a galaxy note 5 this year since my note 3 was stolen last year and just to have a good smartphone for the time being, i choose the popstar mainly because it's unique and has that rare feel.. this phone has pure quality.. and the 4x core is really pleasing... i don't worry about the RAM since i can use my SD card as a virtual RAM... goto settings > storage, you'll see something like mount external USB storage, i have an otg cable and i'm gonna try increasing my vRAM to 8GB... I'm still researching though...

woah! slow down genius... take it easy with all these geeky stuff cheesy
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by princemi(m): 4:57pm On Jan 12, 2016
Booyakasha:

wow cool... ever tried using an otg cable on the phone?

1 Like

Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by Booyakasha(f): 5:01pm On Jan 12, 2016
princemi:

wow cool... ever tried using an otg cable on the phone?
Yeah, it works pretty well
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by pepperonii(f): 5:02pm On Jan 12, 2016
Booyakasha:

Download "camera mute".j

From the play store?
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by Booyakasha(f): 5:21pm On Jan 12, 2016
pepperonii:

From the play store?
Yeah..
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by princemi(m): 6:01pm On Jan 12, 2016
Booyakasha:

dear God! every day i get a new reason to want my phone returned cry
Booyakasha:

dear God! every day i get a new reason to want my phone returned
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by Booyakasha(f): 6:49pm On Jan 12, 2016
princemi:

dear God! every day i get a new reason to want my phone returned cry
dear God! every day i get a new reason to want my phone returned
LOL
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by Booyakasha(f): 11:36am On Jan 14, 2016
Having difficulties changing your imei? it's easy, the android 5.1 comes with a stock engr.mode.. no need to root, just dail: *#*#3646633#*#* wink

cc: princemi, bobo65, joeyztime
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by princemi(m): 2:54pm On Jan 14, 2016
Booyakasha:
Having difficulties changing your imei? it's easy, the android 5.1 comes with a stock engr.mode.. no need to root, just dail: *#*#3646633#*#* wink

cc: princemi, bobo65, joeyztime

wow, amazing. How did you know that?
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by Booyakasha(f): 3:57pm On Jan 14, 2016
princemi:

wow, amazing. How did you know that?
research...
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by dacillin: 5:43pm On Jan 14, 2016
hey house! Btw Alcatel popstar and Gionee M3, which one is better?
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by Booyakasha(f): 6:56pm On Jan 14, 2016
dacillin:
hey house! Btw Alcatel popstar and Gionee M3, which one is better?
The popstar!!!

1 Like

Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by didano1: 8:07pm On Jan 14, 2016
get your alcatel onetouch popstar with free 8gig at #18500.delivery is free nation wide. call or whatsapp 08037686968 now. limited offer

1 Like

Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by princemi(m): 8:14pm On Jan 14, 2016
Booyakasha:
research...
hmm nice
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by princemi(m): 8:18pm On Jan 14, 2016
dacillin:
hey house!
Btw Alcatel popstar and Gionee M3, which one is better?

well i can't say for sure because i'v never used or even as much as seen the gionee m3. But i can tell you this for sure: the Alcatel pop is an Amazing phone with it's major downside being battery ish.

1 Like

Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by Booyakasha(f): 8:21pm On Jan 14, 2016
princemi:
hmm nice
Rename This to the "Alcatel one touch popstar discussion thread"
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by princemi(m): 8:25pm On Jan 14, 2016
Booyakasha:

Rename This to the "Alcatel one touch popstar discussion thread"

As mi lady requests
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by princemi(m): 8:33pm On Jan 14, 2016
Cibadau:
it is not a problem, mine charges very fast too. From 0 to 100 in 1hr. You can see the battery level is at 42% and it will be fully charged in 38 mins time.

sup man, i just noticed you use tweakware, please could you tell me how it works? like configuration and stuff...thanks.
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by dacillin: 8:36pm On Jan 14, 2016
princemi:

well i can't say for sure because i'v never used or even as much as see the gionee m3. But i can tell you the Alcatel is an Amazing phone with it's major downside being battery ish.

Tankz! Like hw many hour wen browsing? N wen nt browsing
Re: Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread by princemi(m): 8:40pm On Jan 14, 2016
dacillin:

Tankz! Like hw many hour wen browsing? N wen nt browsing
ermm, say 5-6 hours...i don't do much with it, just a mild user.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Is The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 Worth ₦900,000/$1,999 / Iphone VS Blackberry VS Andriod Users (hilarious Pic) / What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.