Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,273 members, 7,836,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Are The Dark Days Back, Where Lies The Power Of The Masses? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are The Dark Days Back, Where Lies The Power Of The Masses? (583 Views)

Masses Stage Anti-Corruption Protest In Ado-Ekiti / Opinion - Lawmaker's Constituency Allowance, Of What Benefit To The Masses? / Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are The Dark Days Back, Where Lies The Power Of The Masses? by Episteme2(m): 10:24am On Dec 07, 2015
Indeed, the dark days are here in Nigeria. What is happening in Bayelsa? They said it was midnight voting. Nigerians have been kept in the dark as regards what's happening in Bayelsa. All of a sudden, our media houses have gone dump and blind. No reports as usual all because someone wants to be foisted on Bayelsa. The self-acclaimed elder statemen, activists, social cum political critics, pressure groups have all gone mute but were openly seen running their buccal cavities and pen in the previous administration. Sincerely, we have never had it like this before where an election is brazenly marred with violence, thuggery and rigging being supervised by state securities. Which one is midnight voting? Worse still are the APC fanatical supporters who don't care what their party puts Nigeria into as long as they are paying PDP in their own coin. The worst rape of democracy is subversion of the peoples will and repression of their voices.
Look the ugly things that have reared their heads since the beginning of this administration. Court orders are only obeyed if it goes in favour of APC-led government otherwise it is just an empty order.
People are illegally arrested and detained. As it stands now Nigeria should be on top of the list of countries where you have human right abuses. You open fire on armless peaceful protesters and you're not bordered.
Governance have been abandoned for political vendetta. Nigeria keeps ranking low in every indices of development and growth and no body is raising alarm.
We all know the party of the Senators that are sponsoring this Social Media bill in a bid to subtly bring back decree 4. It was through this unrestricted freedom of speech and expression that there were able to spread their propaganda and lies which deceived the unsuspecting masses into voting for them. Now, they don't want our voices and opinion to count in this democratic dispensation.
More so, are people not losing their jobs? Are companies not downsizing instead of employing? What is the fate of Naira in the parallel market? How many investors are thinking of coming into Nigeria? What is our economic policy like? How united is Nigeria now? This is December, what is the security situation in the North East? Have we been able to consolidate on the conduct of free, fair, credible and violence free election which GEJ nurtured? Does our government have a listening ear? Do we have judiciary independence or interference? We now use the constitution to validate unconstitutional acts. How many attempted assassination have we heard so far? Do Federal Appointments reflect Nigeria's Diversity? Does it really make sense to be shouting change and still justify your actions by the shortcomings of the previous administration. You ousted GEJ but still use his template for governance which you termed clueless to govern. Where is the change after all these?It has become very imperative that people should speak up no matter what it takes and this government must listen because it did not enthrone itself. The masses voted them in. Whether APC or PDP, let's pat APC-led Federal government on the back when they do good and frown at where they get it wrong. This will help us grow. As rightly observed by Edmund Burke, "the only thing necessary for triumph of evil in the society is for good men to do nothing."

1 Like

Re: Are The Dark Days Back, Where Lies The Power Of The Masses? by deathmen12: 10:48am On Dec 07, 2015
Naija na mess, am so angry wit dis so called leaders, i wish i cn change everytn
Re: Are The Dark Days Back, Where Lies The Power Of The Masses? by Episteme2(m): 11:17pm On Dec 07, 2015
deathmen12:
Naija na mess, am so angry wit dis so called leaders, i wish i cn change everytn
Yes, not only the so called leaders but also their blind supporters always praise and defend their bad leadership.
Re: Are The Dark Days Back, Where Lies The Power Of The Masses? by passionate88: 11:50pm On Dec 07, 2015
Boooohari is sinking Nigeria to the days of ballot box snatching
Re: Are The Dark Days Back, Where Lies The Power Of The Masses? by deathmen12: 5:08am On Dec 08, 2015
Episteme2:

Yes, not only the so called leaders but also their blind supporters always praise and defend their bad leadership.
my brother, can u imagine dis tred didnt even make front page since ystday, bt if its pmb pictures nd nakd nollywood stars we'll see it on front page in d next 20min, i pity dis country.

1 Like

Re: Are The Dark Days Back, Where Lies The Power Of The Masses? by Episteme2(m): 9:12am On Dec 08, 2015
deathmen12:
my brother, can u imagine dis tred didnt even make front page since ystday, bt if its pmb pictures nd nakd nollywood stars we'll see it on front page in d next 20min, i pity dis country.
Bro, it doesn't border me one bit. Truth is not a popularity contest. Front page or not, comments or no comments, I have made my candid submissions guided by realities in the polity.

(1) (Reply)

Return Of IDP’S To Their Homes Will Begin In Earnest Next Year - Buhari / No Anti-social Media Bill Before The Senate – Saraki / Happening Now: Idoma People Throng Otukpo To Receive David Mark (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.