Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,245 members, 7,836,167 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

My Experience: Highway Robbers That Smash Car Window Along Same Ikorodu Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Experience: Highway Robbers That Smash Car Window Along Same Ikorodu Road (805 Views)

Fuel Subidy: Protest Ongoing On Ikorodu Road (Photos) / Ikorodu Road After Rain Last Night (photos) / Oyibo Man Enters LASTMA Bike To Beat Traffic On Ikorodu Road [photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience: Highway Robbers That Smash Car Window Along Same Ikorodu Road by planetuzor(m): 3:17pm On Dec 07, 2015
Robbers::: My very short first hand experience with highway robbers that smash car window...

Was to meet with someone not latter than 8am at the Island today (monday), and we all know going from Mainland to the island most especially Lekki, if you are to meet up with that time you will have to leave home as early as 5am or 6am on dot else you don't need a suit sayer to tell you anything latter than that will only get there at 9:am or 10am because of traffic....

So I dash out, got to one of the bustops along ikorodu road, Ojota precisely. I didn't want to take Danfo buses because I don't want to be delayed due to their intermittent stoppage to pick passengers. So one of my options was stopping a taxi, but again because it's too early and every where was still dark I couldn't differentiate taxi's from other private cars with their lighting all flashing towards my eyes was just waving my hands thinking I might be lucky to flag down a taxi but to no avail.

Then suddenly from my numerous flagging one of this mini power byke pulled over... I just jumped on it before I even asked the guy how much and where I was going, he was obviously heading to his own work place but I thought in my mind we might be going the same route or he may carry me to cover some distance.. He told me his heading to Apapa area but he will drop me at Onikpan. I agreed nodding my head and we kept going..I remember telling him to drive gently and cautiously because his wearing an helmet and he provided none for me. Then we encountered a steady moving traffic approaching Obanikoro area.

All of a sudden on the 2lane road inside the slow moving traffic I saw a byke Ahead of Us Making a Quick distress U turn back towards US against flow of traffic Given us some hand signs that we couldn't decipher before he found a space in between concreate wall separating BRT lane from the expressway that he linked the Brt... My bike man also observing and quite clueless on what could have informed the other guys decision to do a quick turn at that narrow expressway, Paused for a While then started Moving. Then Alas, we saw the reason the guy turned around, before us were three guys Armed with Matches and Big stick, smashing Car window and shouting "Bring the Money" in an "Amugbo's Voice (only lagosians understands this kind of voice).. they were like 2metres away from us as I can see all their activities and actions moving from one vehicle to the other. At this time the byke man stopped and for once I thought of jumping off to run incase they focus on us because I was carrying a bag and I also had some good money with me. But somehow I wasn't scared because they were not with a gun.

So I still sat on the byke just watching them while they gallantly manned the road with their matches and on the pedestrian pavement their 2 packed motorcycle... Within some seconds the 3 of them now focused on one particular car leaving the the right lane free so my byke man summoned all the courage to speedily ride through.....

Not more than 10 metres away I saw those street hawkers hawking their various commodity and I was like in my mind they will think it's this guys that robs motorist on highways.

My heart to our "photoshoot" Governor. Our designer watch Governor, it wasn't as bad as this during fashola's tenure. Do something about this...
Re: My Experience: Highway Robbers That Smash Car Window Along Same Ikorodu Road by Tallesty1(m): 3:21pm On Dec 07, 2015
E don finish?
Re: My Experience: Highway Robbers That Smash Car Window Along Same Ikorodu Road by spinna: 3:25pm On Dec 07, 2015
Interesting , lawlessness and criminality in lagos
Re: My Experience: Highway Robbers That Smash Car Window Along Same Ikorodu Road by Cholls(m): 3:27pm On Dec 07, 2015
My brother what is going on in lagos this days.
Re: My Experience: Highway Robbers That Smash Car Window Along Same Ikorodu Road by hakeem4(m): 3:28pm On Dec 07, 2015
Lagos is not safe any more

Federal government should focus on other states so that the population here will reduce
Re: My Experience: Highway Robbers That Smash Car Window Along Same Ikorodu Road by lumzybo: 3:34pm On Dec 07, 2015
If only the OP had a gun, he wuld av given them headshot po! Po! Po!

Don't mind me, that's what came to my mind when I was reading thru.

Make God continue to help us ooo...

Crime like this needs no helicopter to handle. Provide police with power bikes to patrol the roads early in the morning and late @ nyt. (if only I were the governor)
Re: My Experience: Highway Robbers That Smash Car Window Along Same Ikorodu Road by Khd95(m): 3:35pm On Dec 07, 2015
Op,diju snap all these activities
Re: My Experience: Highway Robbers That Smash Car Window Along Same Ikorodu Road by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 07, 2015
Jonathan did not create the environment for jobs to be created...anyway, next time, pictures please as some of us do not believe this story undecided
Re: My Experience: Highway Robbers That Smash Car Window Along Same Ikorodu Road by planetuzor(m): 3:40pm On Dec 07, 2015
Khd95:
Op,diju snap all these activities

Its was still dark that morning in besides taking pictures was the least thought on my mind......when no be say I be journalist.. I wish I knew, I wouldhave gone out withmy spy glass sha..
Re: My Experience: Highway Robbers That Smash Car Window Along Same Ikorodu Road by SurefireAsoOke: 3:47pm On Dec 07, 2015
Itesiwaju Eko

For Aso-Oke, Check my Signature
Re: My Experience: Highway Robbers That Smash Car Window Along Same Ikorodu Road by DaBullIT(m): 4:21pm On Dec 07, 2015
it was interesting until you called someone a photoshoot governor

Must you blame someone that high on food chain ?
Re: My Experience: Highway Robbers That Smash Car Window Along Same Ikorodu Road by vani86: 4:31pm On Dec 07, 2015
lumzybo:
If only the OP had a gun, he wuld av given them headshot po! Po! Po!

Don't mind me, that's what came to my mind when I was reading thru.

Make God continue to help us ooo...

Crime like this needs no helicopter to handle. Provide police with power bikes to patrol the roads early in the morning and late @ nyt. (if only I were the governor)

you play call of duty or battlefield too much.

personally the best way to combat it is
1, put street lights on the roads, not the candle type we have in ph but full LED high intensity lights, tehy last way longer as well.

2, the police should always have a patrol unit along the worse routes, walking patols not vehicle patrol or that their oversized power bikes, they will merely get stuck in traffic.
Re: My Experience: Highway Robbers That Smash Car Window Along Same Ikorodu Road by vani86: 4:33pm On Dec 07, 2015
DaBullIT:
it was interesting until you called someone a photoshoot governor

Must you blame someone that high on food chain ?

so calling out a non-performing governor is a crime, whats the point of a helicopter, will it be airborne 24/7 for it to be highly effective,

shey its the same helicopter that Tinubu used to go for Ooni of ife coronation.

(1) (Reply)

Biafra Agitation And Divide-and-rule Antics / Communique Issued By 14 Political Parties In Bayelsa State Governorship Election / Rector Of Maritime Academy Of Nigeria Is Dead!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.