Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,705 members, 7,834,347 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Has Jonathan Really Handed Over To Buhari? By Ahmad Sanni - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Jonathan Really Handed Over To Buhari? By Ahmad Sanni (1051 Views)

'I Handed Over The Best Nigerian Government To Buhari' - GEJ Says / Ahmed Sanni In Court For Corruption Today (Photos) / Has Jonathan Really Handed Over To Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Jonathan Really Handed Over To Buhari? By Ahmad Sanni by Adelaide2: 7:59pm On Dec 07, 2015
Has Jonathan really handed over to Buhari? By Ahmad Sanni

Goodluck Jonathan is still president. Scratch that. Has he handed over power to Muhammadu Buhari? This is not amnesia but the synopsis of a text message (in Hausa) that has been going round among members of the Northern elite in the last one week.

It is from an elderly woman in Katsina still in shock that in the last 6 months of hardship, skyrocketing food prices, unpaid salaries, fuel queues and suicide attacks, the ordained “Moses” of “Change” from her home town has been in the saddle.

“Wata tsohuwa taji matsin rayuwa, kuma sai taji ance bom ya tashi acan da can, ga wahalar mai, Abinci ya na neman gagarar talaka, malamai na kukan ba albashi, don haka yaran ma sai dai suje makaranta suyi wa sa su dawo.

“Sai ta kirawo babban danta (Auwalu) tace, nasan baza kamin karya ba, Auwalu ka fadamin tsakaninka da Allah, Wai Jonathan ya ba Buhari mulkinna kuwa?”

The foregoing text message narrates the story of the old woman when she summoned her first son, Auwalu, and said “I know you would not lie to me, Auwalu, so answer me truthfully. Has Jonathan handed over the government to Buhari, or is he still holding on to it?”

For the old woman, the symptoms of the promised “change” are yet to be felt, hence her disappointment in finding out that Jonathan had handed over to Buhari in the last 6 months of unprecedented sufferings.

She crucified Jonathan for the litany of Nigeria’s problems and she embraced “change” as the best antidote, so now that Buhari come into power, the problem should have been nipped by now, 6 months into power isn’t it? She must have lost all sense of hope when Auwalu confirmed that Baba Buhari having come into power has lost touch with the masses. Hmm, it must be very painful for the old woman.

This reminds me of Professor Sheldon Wolin, the Harvard Professor, when he announced that elections can easily be an illusion after an era of change is ushered in. He said democracy can be what he termed “inverted totalitarianism” in which a powerful few or cabal lose touch with the masses and still use the concept of popular sovereignty to hold on to the reins of power.

The Naira is in free fall, manufacturers have downsized their labour force, leading to high levels unemployment, the CBN chief once warned we are on the cusp of recession and recent reports in the international media about the economy of our country are, to put it mildly, not flattering. Blame Buhari’s tacit economic direction. Suicide attacks have refused to plummet; we are all waiting for the Almighty December deadline too.

Fuel queues have refused to disappear and power supply has dipped. What happed to body language? Some say these problems were not created by this administration, but fail to remember that Buhari promised ‎to fix them once elected.

It is therefore not unreasonable to expect that he would act with a sense of urgency. The old woman has called for courage from Buhari to rise above his illusions to overcome the problem of the day.

Over to you, Baba Buhari.

http://www.post-nigeria.com/has-jonathan-really-handed-over-to-buhari-by-ahmad-sanni/

2 Likes

Re: Has Jonathan Really Handed Over To Buhari? By Ahmad Sanni by Adelaide2: 7:59pm On Dec 07, 2015
Buhahahaha! I can't fit laff

1 Like

Re: Has Jonathan Really Handed Over To Buhari? By Ahmad Sanni by Dagaya(m): 8:07pm On Dec 07, 2015
change can either be positive or negative... let that old woman and her son nor complain oh...they voted change ...so let dem experience change....Apc ....shame

1 Like

Re: Has Jonathan Really Handed Over To Buhari? By Ahmad Sanni by Bugatie(m): 8:13pm On Dec 07, 2015
Relax and wait for your change', Buhari's body odour will do it

1 Like

Re: Has Jonathan Really Handed Over To Buhari? By Ahmad Sanni by zinachidi(m): 8:20pm On Dec 07, 2015
there is no solution to this country's problem.

Lobatan
Re: Has Jonathan Really Handed Over To Buhari? By Ahmad Sanni by OKKO(m): 8:44pm On Dec 07, 2015
If price of food has gone up let them hit their farms but if they are too stressed for it let them pull their cow closer and go for the nunu!

1 Like

Re: Has Jonathan Really Handed Over To Buhari? By Ahmad Sanni by Nobody: 8:50pm On Dec 07, 2015
Mtcheww
Re: Has Jonathan Really Handed Over To Buhari? By Ahmad Sanni by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 07, 2015
Re: Has Jonathan Really Handed Over To Buhari? By Ahmad Sanni by hinwazaka: 8:59pm On Dec 07, 2015
Well, it has only been 6 months. Truth be said, he can not steady the ship in this short time, in this current global economic meltdown. Let's give the APC more time. Till the last minute of the match, you can't say a team down by 6 goals is done and dusted.
Re: Has Jonathan Really Handed Over To Buhari? By Ahmad Sanni by vb0mb(m): 8:59pm On Dec 07, 2015
Each time I hear the word "change" I become apprehensive, afraid and scared.

2 Likes

Re: Has Jonathan Really Handed Over To Buhari? By Ahmad Sanni by mykemiley(f): 9:21pm On Dec 07, 2015
No oga/madam, he has not.......ein dey wait 4 u 2 cum do d handova.....
Re: Has Jonathan Really Handed Over To Buhari? By Ahmad Sanni by EasternLeopard: 9:38pm On Dec 07, 2015
Why the complain ?
Didn't we warn you guys.

1 Like

Re: Has Jonathan Really Handed Over To Buhari? By Ahmad Sanni by Themandator: 10:10pm On Dec 07, 2015
Buhari has no blue print.... His adoption of Zero based budgeting summarizes it all....you just hand him trillions and as we go he looks for or picks projects to spend on.
Re: Has Jonathan Really Handed Over To Buhari? By Ahmad Sanni by Nobody: 10:43pm On Dec 07, 2015
vb0mb:
Each time I hear the word "change" I become apprehensive, afraid and scared.

grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Is Planning To Take Me Out Of Office – Fayose Cries Out / Is Seun Osewa A God? / BREAKING; Thugs Take Over Aba Major Roads Over Election Verdict In Abia. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.