Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,354 members, 7,829,896 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. (29218 Views)

Sheriff Dissociates Self From Congratulatory Message To Makarfi / Wike Dissociates Self From Comments Made By Media Aide Alleging A Judicial Gangu / Buhari Dissociates Himself From Campaign Promises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by scarred9jan(m): 10:51pm On Dec 07, 2015
dam4sam:

That means the Senators are just wasting their time!

Sai Baba has KILLED THE LAW even BEFORE IT IS BORN.

Now we know who the real democrat is

Thank you, President Buhari. Nigerians really love you, honestly

For a supposedly despotic military dictator, President Buhari is doing a credible job as a democrat. My father would always tell me our country wouldn't have been in the state it is now if Babangida and his cohorts hadn't ousted him in 1985.
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by ayindejimmy(m): 11:07pm On Dec 07, 2015
What I'll say about this bill is that.. It's needless. Truth will always prevail, no matter what. If someone slander your name or reputation without proof , issue a rebuttal and sue the person.
Either way clear ur name and make the slanderer pay dearly. The way Tinubu is making AIT pay in court now.

Nigeria is not a communist state like China that'll regulate freedom of speech.
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by BuddhaPalm(m): 11:45pm On Dec 07, 2015
Law 26: Keep Your Hands Clean.

You must seem a paragon of civility and efficiency: Your hands are never soiled by mistakes and nasty deeds.

Maintain such a spotless appearance by using others as scapegoats and cat's-paws to disguise your involvement.
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by Nobody: 11:45pm On Dec 07, 2015
Otilo12:
animal
wetin you be before? animal is animal whether higher or lower animal that include you
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by Nobody: 11:47pm On Dec 07, 2015
1freshdude:

This is one of the major problems of Nigerians, you talk derogatory about Northerners like Southerners are better. Open your eyes, the politicians are all the same! North, South, West, East, they are all Ignoble men and women. The masses are the fools!
exactly. when these formulate policies for themselves they come together as one buy if it's masses the opposite
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by calberian: 11:48pm On Dec 07, 2015
All the senators who either sponsored or supported the bill should be named so we know who are against our unfettered enjoyment of individual and collective freedoms.
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by Nobody: 11:51pm On Dec 07, 2015
dam4sam:

That means the Senators are just wasting their time!

Sai Baba has KILLED THE LAW even BEFORE IT IS BORN.

Now we know who the real democrat is

Thank you, President Buhari. Nigerians really love you, honestly

dey there dey yarn because part of the constitution states that when the president refuses to sign a bill, 2/3 of the legislature makes sure bill to become law. So if 2/3 are in favour of such laws it becomes a law without the president assent.
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by Missy89(f): 12:20am On Dec 08, 2015
He should give Nigerians assurances that he wont sign or VETO the bill.

No need for statements
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by Nobody: 12:26am On Dec 08, 2015
Image123:

Even though you lack home training and public manners,you shouldn't lack a conscience as well. You'll guess he'd be afraid of your imaginary backlash during the fuel crises, or his frequent travel, or his insistence on subsidy, or on not devaluing the naira etc.
He lack of home training and public manners is gooten from people like during Jona's era. People like lie muhammad taught him /her all that
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by menesheh(m): 12:40am On Dec 08, 2015
johndwayy:

What's this one saying? Melaye and Saraki are on their own in this, don't drag the presidency into it.

He can't deny the fact that he isn't aware of the bill. He maybe secretly sponsoring such bill via a senator that should be probe for embezzling his own wordrope allowances.
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by LockDown69(m): 1:37am On Dec 08, 2015
Selfish senators, they were just trying to save their asses, they don't want Singers/whistle blowers to thrive. grin
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by AleAirHub(m): 2:23am On Dec 08, 2015
Better dissociate your self because the past records of social media election campaign is still very much in our memories and now that you have secure your sit, then you turn back trying to uphold our freedom of Speech. The bill could have make many of us to be journalist trust 9ja, that will ginger us to reveal,re-tweet,share more unquestionable character of leaders of one chance called: Change!!!.
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by bigtt76(f): 4:27am On Dec 08, 2015
Very true! When Lai Mohammed met with Bloggers in Lagos recently, I knew something was amiss now e Don reveal hin ugly head grin

Ebubeslym:
I bet you if Nigerians hadnt screamed, this wouldnt have been the the reaction from Aso rock.
They wanted to shroud this bill in secrecy forgeting that we are currently in 2015 and not 1967.
Thank God for the Social Media.
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by Justinah4real(f): 4:56am On Dec 08, 2015
Badgers14:
grin grin
. The Chairman of fuel importers Cabal has started another lie. Where is lie lie Mohamed,
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by Justinah4real(f): 5:02am On Dec 08, 2015
ksstroud:
Tis good governance the people want, enough of talk talk... If he likes make him disassociate himself from APC sef
. Thats why the Naira is fallen as baba is busy transfering money to diferent foreign accounts. Nigerians deceiving themselves since 1999
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by Justinah4real(f): 5:02am On Dec 08, 2015
ksstroud:
Tis good governance the people want, enough of talk talk... If he likes make him disassociate himself from APC sef
Thats why the Naira is fallen as baba is busy transfering money to diferent foreign accounts. Nigerians deceiving themselves since 1999 .
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by Justinah4real(f): 5:04am On Dec 08, 2015
kaydguru:

We have more pressing issues at hand than this silly bill. Let them pass laws on corruption.

"Death sentence for corrupt leaders".
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by tola268: 5:30am On Dec 08, 2015
DrGill:
Am having mixed feeling abt dis social bill stuff even tho its passed into d law, it does not stop us frm speakin our mind, i trust my naija guys
shey me wey be say na insyd abule i dey live, na tecno touchlight wey dey browse sef i dey use, for my hood, dem go con arrest me, dem go find me tire...
The bill is from handwork of some devil people that are very wicked but don't want criticsim not from presidency. Senate should focus on matters that will make life worthliving for masses because Nigeria is not apartheid place where people can be extrajudicialed, extorted and living with magisterial ordercity
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by Badgers14: 6:01am On Dec 08, 2015
Justinah4real:
. The Chairman of fuel importers Cabal has started another lie. Where is lie lie Mohamed,

Hi there!!!
I must confess you are stunning... Keep shinning sweerie... wink
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by ksstroud: 6:37am On Dec 08, 2015
Justinah4real:
Thats why the Naira is fallen as baba is busy transfering money to diferent foreign accounts. Nigerians deceiving themselves since 1999 .

Dear, the deception has been since 1914
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by Onlymewakacum(m): 6:41am On Dec 08, 2015
Silly leg - is - lators
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by DrGill(m): 6:50am On Dec 08, 2015
Shakur86:
so you be bush boy?
Wit Style
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by Nobody: 7:50am On Dec 08, 2015
OBJ disassociate self from third term...... buhari disassociate self from social media bill..... Ndi ara!
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 08, 2015
CR77:
I can stand with pride that I didn't vote for Buhari the dictator tongue

HHHHH see Nose of a Liar name Lai Nigeria weeps.
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by onyepapa(m): 1:10pm On Dec 08, 2015
dam4sam:

Actually, it is only when these Easterners want to make mischief, that they lump everyone South of the Niger and called them SOUTHERNERS!

The average "Westerner" does not share their opinion of Northerners and you can see that from our voting pattern and support for Buhari.
You can also see that in our accommodation of Northerners in doing business and living their life in the West.

Th Easterners are the ones who like to abuse and insult everyone.
To them, anyone apart from them is not a humanbeing.

They will abuse Yorubas and insult Northerners.... but we know who they are anyway.

So, every Notherner should ignore such silly comments
OK I've noticed you now carry on with your mumu life
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by teemy(m): 2:43pm On Dec 08, 2015
Has anyone actually noticed that explicitly there is no mention of the president not in support or against this current Social Media Bill. Some statements can be easily gotten out of if there is no exactitude.

Everfrank:

The Nigerian Presidency has issued the statement below, quoting President Muhammadu Buhari as dissociating himself and his administration from the media muzzle law being cooked by the Nigerian Senate.

Read full statement below:

SOCIAL MEDIA BILL: BUHARI RESTATES COMMITMENT To FREE SPEECH.
President Muhammadu Buhari has reiterated the commitment of his administration to the protection of free speech in keeping with democratic tradition.

The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Malam Garba Shehu who was reacting to the public hostility towards the social media bill now being debated by the Senate, said President Buhari has sworn to defend the constitution of Nigeria and would not lend his hand to anything that is inconsistent with the constitution.

But he is not averse to lawful regulation, so long as that is done within the ambit of the constitution which he swore to uphold.”

“The President said free speech is central to democratic societies anywhere in the world. The President explained that without free speech, elected representatives won’t be able to gauge public feelings and moods about governance issues.

“As a key component of democratic principles,” the President acknowledged that people in democratic societies “are so emotionally attached to free speech that they would defend it with all their might.”

“Malam Garba Shehu explained that President Buhari is fully aware of the public reservations about the proposed legislation but assured that there is no cause for alarm “because the Senate is a democratic senate. The President won’t assent to any legislation that may be inconsistent with the constitution of Nigeria.”
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/194780-buhari-dissociates-self-from-media-muzzle-law-says-im-committed-to-free-speech.html
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by akigbemaru: 8:59pm On Dec 08, 2015
bUHARI DISSOCIATES SELF FROM SOCIAL BILLS.
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by babafunny(m): 3:43pm On Dec 09, 2015
To reduce Social Media Addiction, Take total control of your daily activities. Get the most important things done first,Write a personal to do list and more for more detail, follow the link below
http://www.techvaid.com/social-media-addiction-and-how-you-can-control-it/
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by yungchief(m): 2:59pm On Dec 13, 2015
mach7:
Why booking space? Grow up!

Kill urself na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obama Anthony And Marisa Noipitak Arrested For Meth Trafficking In Thailand / Handover Ceremony Of Maj. Gen. Lagbaja, Chief Of Army Staff / Ooni Of Ife Meets Governor Ugwuanyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.