Stats: 3,153,922 members, 7,821,232 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

Salary Of Contract Staff In First Bank? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Salary Of Contract Staff In First Bank? (24029 Views)

Addax Retrenches Over 90% Of Its Contract Staff / List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria / Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels (2) (3) (4)

Salary Of Contract Staff In First Bank? by favourbaby: 6:43pm On Jun 01, 2009
Hello NAIRALANDERS, how much does first bank pay its contract staff? I am in afix now, a guy is seriously demanding huge amount from me to secure a job for me in first bank. He assured me that thier pay is very attractive and that there are chances of being converted to a permanent staff after one year even though i have not gone for my youth service. Please friends i need your advice before i make a costly mistake. What exactly does first bank pay and how possible is it for a contract staff to be converted to apermanent staff.
Re: Salary Of Contract Staff In First Bank? by Trbrown: 6:49pm On Jun 01, 2009
its quite possible to become a permanent staff but not really easy u must put so many things into consideration how authentic is dis guy? r u aware of anybody he has done such for? if it doesnt work out can u forfeit wot u invested. U must do ur calculations right. But I know NYSC is a basic requirement so on wot basis is he securing dis job for u? u must also weigh short term sacrifices for a longterm benefit.
Re: Salary Of Contract Staff In First Bank? by okoji: 7:09pm On Jun 01, 2009
does he work with firstbank? if he does let him collect the money when you get the job.i dont think it is wise to pay any one to secure a job. However if you want to take the risk then why not.
Re: Salary Of Contract Staff In First Bank? by ropyjay(m): 7:22pm On Jun 01, 2009
favour its a fraud firstbank doesnt offer contract staff permanent deals dey employ dem thru recruitment agencies ask d guy which branch he dey work na fraud him be
i work dere i knw
Re: Salary Of Contract Staff In First Bank? by kugaba(m): 10:51pm On Jun 01, 2009
Most banks dont pay their contract staff up to 50k so be very careful.
Even after 30yrs with them, you cannot be converted to full time with them. You will have to apply and sit the GMAT exams if you hope to become their permanent staff. This i know very well about 1st-bank
Re: Salary Of Contract Staff In First Bank? by seyibrown(f): 1:36pm On Jun 03, 2009
The decision is up to you. But is it really wise? If he is so sure he can get you the job, maybe he should wait till you get your first salary!

You will also be aiding corruption by paying someone for somethin that should be based on merit.
Re: Salary Of Contract Staff In First Bank? by dominictj(m): 2:10pm On Jun 03, 2009
I totally agree with Seyibrown. You will indeed be aiding corruption the way u wish to secure a temporary job for now, beside u are not even qualified.
Re: Salary Of Contract Staff In First Bank? by walestar(m): 2:36pm On Jun 03, 2009
God will bless you for your good advice, let him collect the money after she got the Job. I think that is the best advice so far
Re: Salary Of Contract Staff In First Bank? by salinco(m): 2:49pm On Jun 03, 2009
Take the job and pay the fucking fraudster later.

kugaba:

Even after 30yrs with them, you cannot be converted to full time with them. You will have to apply and sit the GMAT exams if you hope to become their permanent staff. This i know very well about 1st-bank

are u saying 1st Bank is paying up to 50k for contract staff?
Re: Salary Of Contract Staff In First Bank? by manny4life(m): 8:37pm On Jun 03, 2009
kugaba:

GMAT ? This is an accredition test to get admission into MBA school or am i missing something?
Re: Salary Of Contract Staff In First Bank? by sasha2000: 11:54pm On Jun 03, 2009
Demanding huge amount from you! I've got one word for you! RUNNNNNNNNNNNNN as fast as u can in the opposite direction! FRAUD!!! If first bank wants you or any bank wants you they wouldn't be demanding any money from you. I have had opportunities to work for many banks in naija (including First Bank) and NONE of them mentioned anything about me having to pay them anything!
Re: Salary Of Contract Staff In First Bank? by mmaks: 8:40am On Jun 04, 2009
actually zenith pays over 50k
Re: Salary Of Contract Staff In First Bank? by amaqueen: 9:32am On Jun 04, 2009
my dear dont be deceived by any body to collect money from u inorder to secure a first bank contract staff job, thier pay was very poor when i was there i heard it has been increased now from 30k to 50k, just apply and write their test when dey call u if u do well dey will take u and its not a guarantee for job security of converting u after one year dats very untrue, they recruit graduates seperately as full staff so d probability of them taking u as a full staff is very low, cos they,ve nt finished callin d graduates that wrote test and passed, let alone converting contract to full,
Re: Salary Of Contract Staff In First Bank? by penfold(m): 11:03am On Jun 04, 2009
@poster & amaqueen

Lol, when did u leave first abnk, that must have been ages ago!!!!

well the fact is that First Bank does not employ contract staff, even IT students are rarely given consideration, when they are they are posted to their area offices and not branches so the guy obviously is a 419!!!!!

anyway, just for information, entry level in First Bank is 114k!!!
Re: Salary Of Contract Staff In First Bank? by kugaba(m): 11:03am On Jun 04, 2009
manny4life:

GMAT ? This is an accreditation test to get admission into MBA school or am i missing something?

Yes, you are missing something. GMAT is an acronym for GRADUATE MANAGEMENT ASSESSMENT TEST. Recently adopted by almost all the banks and most companies as their Job aptitude test. Every graduate seeking appointment with them must sit the test and score well.
Re: Salary Of Contract Staff In First Bank? by kugaba(m): 11:11am On Jun 04, 2009
salinco:

Take the job and pay the fucking fraudster later.

No, i am not saying so. Dont quote me out of context. They'll definitely not pay up to that.
Re: Salary Of Contract Staff In First Bank? by gbengaijot(m): 11:33am On Jun 04, 2009
its only in Nigeria that we want people to do everything for us.

Why will you tell someone to help you look for a job

Why will someone tell you to pay them to get you a job. That is totally against the law. The Guy is totally a fraudster!!!

Even recruitment agencies will not charge you for getting you a job.

If you want to look for a job, do it yourself, dont employ someone to do it for you!!!
Re: Salary Of Contract Staff In First Bank? by kugaba(m): 12:54pm On Jun 04, 2009
gbengaijot:

its only in Nigeria that we want people to do everything for us.

Why will you tell someone to help you look for a job

Why will someone tell you to pay them to get you a job. That is totally against the law. The Guy is totally a fraudster!!!

Even recruitment agencies will not charge you for getting you a job.

If you want to look for a job, do it yourself, dont employ someone to do it for you!!!

My dear, you may not understand.
Re: Salary Of Contract Staff In First Bank? by dammiecool(m): 1:33pm On Jun 04, 2009
he doesnt understand cool
Re: Salary Of Contract Staff In First Bank? by cutiedmc: 1:51pm On Jun 04, 2009
I DNT REALLY KNOW ABT FIRST BANK,BUT I KNOW THAT MOST BANKS DNT PAY THEIR CONTRACT STAFFS WELL,N THEY SEEM TO BE THE ONES WHO WRK THEIR LIVES OUT,DNT GET ME WRNG,AM NOT SAYING THE PERMANENT STAFFS DNT WRK TOO,BUT THE SALARY BEING PAID TO THE CONTRACT STAFFS AINT GUD ENOF,COMPARED TO THAIR JOB DESCRIPTION.aM SAYING THIS,COS AM INTO THE SYSTEM.
Re: Salary Of Contract Staff In First Bank? by darqly(m): 4:01pm On Jun 04, 2009
penfold:

@poster & amaqueen

Lol, when did u leave first abnk, that must have been ages ago!!!!

well the fact is that First Bank does not employ contract staff, even IT students are rarely given consideration, when they are they are posted to their area offices and not branches so the guy obviously is a 419!!!!!

anyway, just for information, entry level in First Bank is 114k!!!

Hate to burst ur bubble luv, but FBN has been taking contract staff as Transaction officers since last June or thereabouts. I personally trained a couple of them in my branch before I quit. The pay then was about 45k per month. And dat entry level pay you quoted is subject to location, so tell them as well.
Re: Salary Of Contract Staff In First Bank? by manny4life(m): 5:35pm On Jun 04, 2009
kugaba:

Yes, you are missing something. GMAT is an acronym for GRADUATE MANAGEMENT ASSESSMENT TEST. Recently adopted by almost all the banks and most companies as their Job aptitude test. Every graduate seeking appointment with them must sit the test and score well.

I would agree with you on your explanation, but GMAT that I know of is the Graduate Management Admission Test is an exam written by candidates to fufil the admission requirement in to the MBA graduate program. Really why must they have the same name? That's copyright. Anyway, at least I understand that they are different exams that we talking about here.
Re: Salary Of Contract Staff In First Bank? by omega8(m): 6:59pm On Jun 04, 2009
kugaba.don,t blam this guy it easy to get job in nigeria,when employee has know rest on their office due to high rate of unemployment and economy meltdone in the whole world,sorry to disclosed my position to the member,l am adm manager in our company the application that l am received to my post is more than10,event with msc and order qualification,if not the mercy of God and my performance is allow me to maintain my seat and look for immediate to further my education with HND upper,pls tell me wether first degree is not up to manage people,but due to unemployment msc with good order qualification seeking to collect him/her cv, imagine for country of wealth and resour.
Re: Salary Of Contract Staff In First Bank? by kshow1(m): 12:14pm On Jun 05, 2009
omega.:

kugaba.don,t blam this guy it easy to get job in nigeria,when employee has know rest on their office due to high rate of unemployment and economy meltdone in the whole world,sorry to disclosed my position to the member,l am adm manager in our company the application that l am received to my post is more than10,event with msc and order qualification,if not the mercy of God and my performance is allow me to maintain my seat and look for immediate to further my education with HND upper,pls tell me wether first degree is not up to manage people,but due to unemployment msc with good order qualification seeking to collect him/her cv, imagine for country of wealth and resour.

if you are the adm. manager of your company then your company should be sanitized because of these grammatical flaws

Re: Salary Of Contract Staff In First Bank? by Labayo: 12:40pm On Jun 05, 2009
Please does someone here knows if First Bank has called in successful candidates of its last Graduate trainee recruitment exercise? I was called for the interview stage and rumours have been going on about a list of shortlisted candidates. Anyone has the facts?
Re: Salary Of Contract Staff In First Bank? by manny4life(m): 3:24pm On Jun 05, 2009
omega.:

kugaba.don,t blam this guy it easy to get job in nigeria,when employee has know rest on their office due to high rate of unemployment and economy meltdone in the whole world,sorry to disclosed my position to the member,l am  adm manager in our company the application that l am received to my post is more than10,event with msc and order qualification,if not the mercy of God and my performance is allow me to maintain my seat and look for immediate to further my education with HND upper,pls tell me wether first degree is not up to manage people,but due to unemployment msc with good order qualification seeking to collect him/her cv, imagine for country of wealth and resour.
kshow1:

if you are the adm. manager of your company then your company should be sanitized because of these grammatical flaws

LOL cheesy grin

For few minutes while reading the post, I found it hard to understand the exact message this poster was trying to pass across, however, I did understand some of the words, not all. I don’t mean any offense, but for an, status quo ”Admin manager”, your post lacks sentence structure, and I can imagine how weak the results of your work would be should your position involve a lot of analytical research and writing.
Re: Salary Of Contract Staff In First Bank? by stalliontp(m): 5:48pm On Jun 05, 2009
yeah - that was bad
Re: Salary Of Contract Staff In First Bank? by jodeci(m): 5:51pm On Jun 05, 2009
omega.:

kugaba.don,t blam this guy it easy to get job in nigeria,when employee has know rest on their office due to high rate of unemployment and economy meltdone in the whole world,sorry to disclosed my position to the member,l am  adm manager in our company the application that l am received to my post is more than10,event with msc and order qualification,if not the mercy of God and my performance is allow me to maintain my seat and look for immediate to further my education with HND upper,pls tell me wether first degree is not up to manage people,but due to unemployment msc with good order qualification seeking to collect him/her cv, imagine for country of wealth and resour.

Wonderful!!! you sure must be admn managing one mushroom company in ur fathers compund way back home.U are a big minus to the fore going thread.Its is better to shut up most times.
Re: Salary Of Contract Staff In First Bank? by Leks(m): 10:00pm On Jun 05, 2009
well penfold,entry level pay in 1st bank isn't 114k.d info isn't correct, i can tell that cos i work there.
Re: Salary Of Contract Staff In First Bank? by kugaba(m): 3:27pm On Jun 06, 2009
kshow1:

I agree with you. It was a very serious grammatical warfare.
cry embarassed
Re: Salary Of Contract Staff In First Bank? by kugaba(m): 3:33pm On Jun 06, 2009
Labayo:

Please does someone here knows if First Bank has called in successful candidates of its last Graduate trainee recruitment exercise? I was called for the interview stage and rumours have been going on about a list of shortlisted candidates. Anyone has the facts?

The rumours have been persistent. However, i am aware those that were interviewed ( Not those that wrote the last test) are being called in batches. Just find out more cos my info is quite scanty but true
Re: Salary Of Contract Staff In First Bank? by b2dl(f): 3:52pm On Jun 06, 2009
@ Labayo,
Those rumours r not just rumours. As a matter of fact, the medicals were conducted last tuesday n wednesday (2nd & 3rd of June) cuz i was called.
It's probably in batches anyway so dont give up yet.
Goodluck!

Agosu Albert Fagla: Lagos Job Seeker Posts Job Request On A Banner / How Did You Get Your Present Job? / Thank You Nairaland! I Got A Job

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50