Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,527 members, 7,812,639 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:41 PM

See How I Was Able To Overcome Obstacles In My Secondary School Days(pictures) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See How I Was Able To Overcome Obstacles In My Secondary School Days(pictures) (1680 Views)

Which Of These Punishment Did You Hate Most During Your High School Days? / Can I Further My Secondary School Education At Age 24? / The 7 Worst Offences In My Secondary School! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

See How I Was Able To Overcome Obstacles In My Secondary School Days(pictures) by jorrn: 4:58pm On Dec 08, 2015
Read From Start To Finish.
-------------------
My admission into the prestigious school located in the centre of Surulere, Lagos, Nigeria, marks the beginning of a life changing perspective. I have always wanted to do many things that could be of help to my peers and going beyond that to impact on people and my society as a whole, the opportunity wasn't coming so I just had to seek, explore and break the chain of classroom excellence.
----------------
I got engaged in several lectures outside the classroom, Non-governmental organisations and volunteer corps to foster human development, during those periods I have built in interest in anything that creates change and brings hope to the darkening generation. It did not only create an avenue to give myself auto-education but I have also made use of the resources available to me like my tutors, mentors and peers to understand many spheres of life and also learn many things due to numerous articles written by members to create awareness which I have to be a part.
----------------
In the course of trying to build a non-existing character which was hitherto not there, the love for humanity became stronger in me due to my regular activities, I found myself representing and leading by example(what a transformation). As part of my achievements, I was the leader of the student governing council, the role I played as someone to look up to if something goes wrong in the school settings and trying to put things in order made me to have a control of internal affairs, confidence and self appraisals of what I am capable of.
----------------

In the last two years of my stay in high school, I got plenty of awards including, life changer award(a volunteer corps), Student representative council award, award from the district of my school as an excellent student to the district(award of excellent performance), Road safety award(a programme I joined to create awareness for child's safety). I had a trip to the Uk to extend this road safety awareness to the traffic education body in central London, I had the opportunity to visit the transport museum, where the history of the Uk transport is being showcased and also learnt some of the road etiquettes harnessed in the UK in controlling road accident and child's safety.
------------------
The start was not easy but it was a step in the right direction to move from mediocre to excellence. There were disappointments which I believe were blessings in disguise, for good things to happen one must expect and give room for a bit of breach in expectations. The help from God, the greatest mentor of all time kept me going. Wrong advise is inevitable, hence the need to seek help from more than one person and compare the level of positivity and negativity to use it for your good, you can not do it all alone, the help of people especially that of friends and mentors is highly important for a successful breakthrough into the realities of life. That was exactly how I was able to overcome discouragement, fear, failure and any other forms of obstacles that come my way.
-------------------

Studying myself and how I react to situations is another step that helped in my achievements, ability to control anxiety and emotions. No one can perform well with a disturbed mind. It will surely end in failure so brethren, stay calm and follow your heart to the greatest event the lord has for you.....open your eyes.
Re: See How I Was Able To Overcome Obstacles In My Secondary School Days(pictures) by derolemode(m): 6:05am On Dec 09, 2015
You are great
Re: See How I Was Able To Overcome Obstacles In My Secondary School Days(pictures) by jorrn: 4:49pm On Dec 09, 2015
derolemode:
You are great
Thanks, God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

Anyone Running A Masters In NOUN? / 10 Tip On Hw To Increase Your Intelligent Quotient / UNIABUJA Mini Campus Female Hostel Got Burnt [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.