Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,518 members, 7,836,977 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

The Stup1dity Of The 6tr Naira Budget - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Stup1dity Of The 6tr Naira Budget (1859 Views)

How National Assembly Will Spend 125 Billion Naira Budget / FG, States Budget N5.6tr For Salaries, Overheads / N3.6tr Rail Contract Bypasses FEC Approval (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Stup1dity Of The 6tr Naira Budget by hinwazaka: 8:09pm On Dec 08, 2015
I don't like to write or discuss economic jargons with just every layman out there. But I feel the lunacy and silly nature of this propaganda attempt by the APC will drag us into the black hole. The budget was fixed at a benchmark of $38, right. Okay read this excerpt from Lord Brown today, and see where this government is taking us to

Lord Browne: It's foolish to predict the oil price

Lord Browne Photograph: Bloomberg TV
Lord Browne, the former boss of BP, is discussing the situation on Bloomberg TV (who are all over the commodities story today)

He says he wasn’t surprised that Opec failed to agree any production cuts at its acrimonious meeting last Friday.

Opec is being consistent with the view that it will continue to maintain market share, keep producing, and see what other people do, explains Lord Browne, adding:

In the end it is about Opec. It is the only swing producer, and it’s looking to protect its market share.
John Browne (as he then was) ran BP from 1995 to 2007, during which time he saw oil rise from $10 per barrel over $100 per barrel.

And that taught him that it “really is impossible” to predict how the price of crude will change.

It is a foolish business to be in.
The problem, he continues, is that when the price of oil goes up, people think that everything is possible.

So they stop thinking about the price of a barrel of oil and start fixating on the volume of a barrel of oil, trying to get as much out as fast as possible.

So, could oil hit $20 per barrel, asks host Jonathan Ferro:

Nothing is impossible, in the short term, Browne replies.

In the long run, $20 is probably wrong, but that’s as far as I’d go.
Updated at 10.01am GMT

Note the above excerpt was taken from the Guardian newspaper after US oil prices hit its worst low since 2009
http://www.theguardian.com/business/live/2015/dec/08/commodity-crunch-mining-shares-oil-chinese-trade-shock-business-live#block-5666a3b1e4b08025599093cc

Re: The Stup1dity Of The 6tr Naira Budget by emamos: 8:11pm On Dec 08, 2015
it is well.
Re: The Stup1dity Of The 6tr Naira Budget by mdbissalla(m): 8:17pm On Dec 08, 2015
And so?
You call d budget "stupidity"... Pls:
What do expect the government should do?

Did you understand the direction of government in that budget?

How do you wish to contribute or assist or advice to see that the budget is not a " stupidity " as you call it?

NIGERIA SHALL BE GREAT ONCE AGAIN

10 Likes

Re: The Stup1dity Of The 6tr Naira Budget by swagaholic: 8:38pm On Dec 08, 2015
D zombies will still come here 2 defend their pay masters.... slaves

1 Like

Re: The Stup1dity Of The 6tr Naira Budget by drss(m): 8:42pm On Dec 08, 2015
watchout! They ar coming!!!

5 Likes

Re: The Stup1dity Of The 6tr Naira Budget by seunmsg(m): 8:51pm On Dec 08, 2015
So, because one Lord Browne gave an inconsequential interview in 2009, Nigeria's government should stop fixing crude oil benchmark in preparing the annual budget or what?

10 Likes

Re: The Stup1dity Of The 6tr Naira Budget by vicadex07(m): 9:38pm On Dec 08, 2015
Lol... I have noticed this guy called hizimwaka. He is a raving lunatic.

He seems to me like a fellow who is perpetually high on heroin or some other hard drug. His posts and threads never makes sense...just like an upgraded version of musiwa the emperor.

14 Likes

Re: The Stup1dity Of The 6tr Naira Budget by Eledan: 9:47pm On Dec 08, 2015
The stupidity of the OP is glaring and shining through.

8 Likes

Re: The Stup1dity Of The 6tr Naira Budget by ajepako(f): 9:49pm On Dec 08, 2015
hinwazaka:
I don't like to write or discuss economic jargons with just every layman out there. But I feel the lunacy and silly nature of this propaganda attempt by the APC will drag us into the black hole. The budget was fixed at a benchmark of $38, right. Okay read this excerpt from Lord Brown today, and see where this government is taking us to

Note the above excerpt was taken from the Guardian newspaper after US oil prices hit its worst low since 2009
http://www.theguardian.com/business/live/2015/dec/08/commodity-crunch-mining-shares-oil-chinese-trade-shock-business-live#block-5666a3b1e4b08025599093cc

Welcome back dude..

Dem say na u kill audu with hatred and slammed u ban abi?

When I didn't see u for long I thought as much..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Stup1dity Of The 6tr Naira Budget by Bevista: 10:01pm On Dec 08, 2015
To be honest, if you had any modicum of economic intellect, you wouldn't post such trash. Simply because you already have a prejudiced opinion, you now go out to find any information that will validate your prejudice. You failed woefully this time, man.

Is the new government predicting oil price? Do you have any idea of what they call ESTIMATE in accounting? Are you suddenly becoming aware of this method of budgeting after your hero lost?

Try and avoid discussions on the ECONOMY and focus on your IPOB agenda. I am even ashamed of myself for condescending so low to respond to this junk of a post.

18 Likes

Re: The Stup1dity Of The 6tr Naira Budget by oyinkinola: 10:02pm On Dec 08, 2015
...you are lunatic and silly as you call yourself, if not has you ever seen a crowd of lunatics roaming about in the streets?

4 Likes

Re: The Stup1dity Of The 6tr Naira Budget by fistonati(m): 10:09pm On Dec 08, 2015
I think Nigeria will have it so bad with ds administration. Hope d 5k is included for d patiently waiting youths and d hardened unemployed

1 Like

Re: The Stup1dity Of The 6tr Naira Budget by vedaxcool(m): 10:14pm On Dec 08, 2015
The only stewpidity i am sensing is the poorly reasoned op which shows the disase called acute wailism syndrome the op suffers from. The foolish op should have said that the fg should $0 per barrel as the price of oil instead of convulsing like ab epileptic lizard. grin

8 Likes

Re: The Stup1dity Of The 6tr Naira Budget by kolaaderin: 10:49pm On Dec 08, 2015
Eleyi gidi Gan ooo, eeyaaa!!! oma see ooo, this government will be saddled with the responsibility of rehabilitating people like this OP who are seriously lost in the act of wailing uncontrollably. undecided undecided cry cry cry

7 Likes

Re: The Stup1dity Of The 6tr Naira Budget by hinwazaka: 10:56pm On Dec 08, 2015
seunmsg:
So, because one Lord Browne gave an inconsequential interview in 2009, Nigeria's government should stop fixing crude oil benchmark in preparing the annual budget or what?
If you had taken the time to read the article, you would have discovered that the interview was done TODAY, and not 2009.

1 Like

Re: The Stup1dity Of The 6tr Naira Budget by themilanway(m): 11:35pm On Dec 08, 2015
Na so madness dey start.I was expecting to see something constructive and insightful from this pseudo economic expert albeit on Nairaland,only to end up reading an inconsequential and irrelevant excerpt from a meaningless interview.

Actually,stupidity is the real definition of your name.

If I say make thunder fire you now........

6 Likes

Re: The Stup1dity Of The 6tr Naira Budget by likila: 2:01am On Dec 09, 2015
sai baba,
he will have enough hot lies to belle full his supporters in 2016
Re: The Stup1dity Of The 6tr Naira Budget by arsetalks(m): 2:12am On Dec 09, 2015
Only your fellow fools will take you serious. Someone who is making claims without knowing the truth budget and how government intend to achieve it implementation can't and shouldn't be taken more serious than a fool he is.

To think you may have kids one day if you do not already have some. SMH.

1 Like

Re: The Stup1dity Of The 6tr Naira Budget by bokohalal(m): 5:44am On Dec 09, 2015
Op doesn't know the meaning of GOVERNMENT BUDGET.
Re: The Stup1dity Of The 6tr Naira Budget by 1wolex85: 6:09am On Dec 09, 2015
Bevista:
To be honest, if you had any modicum of economic intellect, you wouldn't post such trash. Simply because you already have a prejudiced opinion, you now go out to find any information that will validate your prejudice. You failed woefully this time, man.

Is the new government predicting oil price? Do you have any idea of what they call ESTIMATE in accounting? Are you suddenly becoming aware of this method of budgeting after your hero lost?

Try and avoid discussions on the ECONOMY and focus on your IPOB agenda. I am even ashamed of myself for condescending so low to respond to this junk of a post.

the guy has obviously never worked in a corporate organisation. How do you plan if you can't estimate your revenue? How does he think projections are done? Or he thinks they just woke up and set the price ? the guy is a learner
Re: The Stup1dity Of The 6tr Naira Budget by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:10am On Dec 09, 2015
please, upgrade your arguing power...

all you slap here are arguments based on oil...I bet you deliberately missed the part of harnessing mostly the non-oil sector and transparency and the prudence in tax remittance.

before oil will at $20/barrel, there will be terrorist attacks in the US by the Muslim communities... trust me!
Re: The Stup1dity Of The 6tr Naira Budget by TechRev: 6:17am On Dec 09, 2015
mdbissalla:
And so?
You call d budget "stupidity"... Pls:
What do expect the government should do?

Did you understand the direction of government in that budget?

How do you wish to contribute or assist or advice to see that the budget is not a " stupidity " as you call it?

NIGERIA SHALL BE GREAT ONCE AGAIN

Nigeria was never great. If it was tell us when and what made it great. Stop deceiving yourself.
Re: The Stup1dity Of The 6tr Naira Budget by Iroh88(m): 7:51am On Dec 09, 2015
kolaaderin:
Eleyi gidi Gan ooo, eeyaaa!!! oma see ooo, this government will be saddled with the responsibility of rehabilitating people like this OP who are seriously lost in the act of wailing uncontrollably. undecided undecided cry cry cry
Don't worry, folks like him with special needs have been captured in the 500bill welfare package.

Succor would come his way sooner than later.

2 Likes

Re: The Stup1dity Of The 6tr Naira Budget by mdbissalla(m): 8:35am On Dec 09, 2015
TechRev:

Nigeria was never great. If it was tell us when and what made it great. Stop deceiving yourself.
You said Nigeria was never great?
Well, I understand your age bracket but pls ask d most elderly person around you.

1 Like

Re: The Stup1dity Of The 6tr Naira Budget by hinwazaka: 9:54am On Dec 09, 2015
bokohalal:
Op doesn't know the meaning of GOVERNMENT BUDGET.
Please enlighten me on the meaning of budget, since you attended a class of public finance
Re: The Stup1dity Of The 6tr Naira Budget by OZAOEKPE(f): 9:57am On Dec 09, 2015
I SEE A GREAT RECESSION COMING TO CONSUME THIS COUNTRY. I PRAY IT DOESNT CONSUME US AS A ZOO.

(1) (Reply)

FG Moves To Dialogue As Militants Renew Threat To Bomb Abuja, Others / See Court Order Restraining INEC From Issuing Certificate Of Return To Ogah / Industrial Park Coming To Niger Delta States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.