Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Life And Its Vanities!!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Life And Its Vanities!!! (1514 Views)

Deleted / I Think My Life And Thoughts Are Complicated / Funny Letter Of Husband To Wife About Their Sex Life And Wife's Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life And Its Vanities!!! by kayjasper(f): 9:07am On Dec 09, 2015
WHAT A LIFE WE LIVE
According to Wikipedia This is the garage of the Second Nigerian Senate President Prince Nweke Nwafor from 1960 to 1966. I vividly Recall the story of a man who became popular for engaging in money rituals just to buy the 80's edition of the Honda Prelude. You wouldn't buy
that car for 50k today. Some other guy brutally murdered his brother ( whom their father gave cash 2 travel 4 the purpose of re- stocking their warehouse), just cos he wanted to acquire the rave of the moment - Pathfinder Jeep. That same vehicle is now better described as a coffin. I Remember as a kid, my whole street gathered to watch a truck deliver a very large satellite dish to my neighbour's house. Today a dish one tenth that size delivers 5 times the value and is in almost every student's room. What about the Volkswagen Santana, Mercedes Benz V boot, 505Evolution, Toyota Crown, all overtaken by latest models of Camry, Honda, Bugatti, Bentley, X6, Acura and Infinity... Vanity!

Some ladies left their true loves cos some rich guy then persuaded them with a Benz 190, which turned out to be the only car they ever owned till date. They found out too late that true love is invaluable. A friend declared drinks because he launched the Nokia Communicator for over hundred grand in 2002. Today that phone would embarrass
the owner and is a joke compared to the low cost and everyday phones.

What about the MTN SIM card that many people went extra miles before they bought for over 30k, today you will not buy it at N100 because all networks are begging people to even take it for free. People are still making the most horrific sacrifices over 'vanity' and make enemies over worthless material things.

What can I say? Look back at that one thing you want to kill or die for today and see what becomes of it tomorrow. There is absolutely nothing you can't achieve. All you need is a little time and PATIENCE and you would thank God without regrets. There is actuallynothing in this world that is worth dieing for, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

Meditate on this…

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Life And Its Vanities!!! by EI(m): 9:14am On Dec 09, 2015
kayjasper:
WHAT A LIFE WE LIVE
...People are still making the most horrific sacrifices over 'vanity' and make enemies over worthless material things. What can I say? Look back at that one thing you want to kill or die for today and see what becomes of it tomorrow. There is absolutely nothing you can't achieve. All you need is a little time and PATIENCE and you would thank God without regrets. There is actuallynothing in this world that is worth dieing for, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! Meditate on this…

Very true, and thanks for sharing those very valid thoughts (that call for sober reflections)...
Re: Life And Its Vanities!!! by kayjasper(f): 9:18am On Dec 09, 2015
EI:

Very true, and thanks for sharing those very valid thoughts (that call for sober reflections)...

You are welcome Sir!!
Re: Life And Its Vanities!!! by fav444(f): 9:24am On Dec 09, 2015
At Death's hour we will realize how useless most of d things we struggled for are.

mene duniya?

1 Like

Re: Life And Its Vanities!!! by iamrealdeji(m): 3:35pm On Dec 22, 2015
kayjasper:
WHAT A LIFE WE LIVE
According to Wikipedia This is the garage of the Second Nigerian Senate President Prince Nweke Nwafor from 1960 to 1966. I vividly Recall the story of a man who became popular for engaging in money rituals just to buy the 80's edition of the Honda Prelude. You wouldn't buy
that car for 50k today. Some other guy brutally murdered his brother ( whom their father gave cash 2 travel 4 the purpose of re- stocking their warehouse), just cos he wanted to acquire the rave of the moment - Pathfinder Jeep. That same vehicle is now better described as a coffin. I Remember as a kid, my whole street gathered to watch a truck deliver a very large satellite dish to my neighbour's house. Today a dish one tenth that size delivers 5 times the value and is in almost every student's room. What about the Volkswagen Santana, Mercedes Benz V boot, 505Evolution, Toyota Crown, all overtaken by latest models of Camry, Honda, Bugatti, Bentley, X6, Acura and Infinity... Vanity!

Some ladies left their true loves cos some rich guy then persuaded them with a Benz 190, which turned out to be the only car they ever owned till date. They found out too late that true love is invaluable. A friend declared drinks because he launched the Nokia Communicator for over hundred grand in 2002. Today that phone would embarrass
the owner and is a joke compared to the low cost and everyday phones.

What about the MTN SIM card that many people went extra miles before they bought for over 30k, today you will not buy it at N100 because all networks are begging people to even take it for free. People are still making the most horrific sacrifices over 'vanity' and make enemies over worthless material things.

What can I say? Look back at that one thing you want to kill or die for today and see what becomes of it tomorrow. There is absolutely nothing you can't achieve. All you need is a little time and PATIENCE and you would thank God without regrets. There is actuallynothing in this world that is worth dieing for, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

Meditate on this…
what an underrated article. Nairaland moderators post stupid topics these days instead of topics like this.
Thanks for posting this beautiful article op,you're really intelligent
Re: Life And Its Vanities!!! by kayjasper(f): 4:45am On Dec 23, 2015
iamrealdeji:
what an underrated article. Nairaland moderators post stupid topics these days instead of topics like this.
Thanks for posting this beautiful article op,you're really intelligent

Thanks therealDeji

1 Like

Re: Life And Its Vanities!!! by Kayoski(m): 4:03pm On Dec 23, 2015
I was here
Re: Life And Its Vanities!!! by kayjasper(f): 6:24pm On Dec 23, 2015
Kayoski:
I was here

You are sighted!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Life And Its Vanities!!! by tosyne2much(m): 8:57pm On Dec 23, 2015
Life is indeed VANITY
Re: Life And Its Vanities!!! by mabeni(m): 9:18pm On Dec 23, 2015
Aiye tan le ti akole baa! Even hussein Bolt can't catch up with Life no matter how fast he is. We are really chasing vanity
Re: Life And Its Vanities!!! by SINNZ(m): 11:25pm On Dec 23, 2015
kayjasper:

You are sighted!!! grin
You berra follow me back before I'll repeat the same thing I did in 1975 angry
Re: Life And Its Vanities!!! by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 7:49pm On Dec 24, 2015
Even the wealthiest man that ever lived on the surface of this planet, attested to this fact. It amazes me when i hear of our politicians embezzling money to buy "vanities" at the expense of the masses, i cannot help but wonder at their myopic thinking.

At ones' death bed, what really matters to him or her are families, friends, lives that have been touched and the people he or she will be leaving behind, not some huge piles of cash stacked up in some strong room or the fleet of expensive cars parked in the garage.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Can You Wear This.. To An Event ? / Fish That Tastes Exactly Like Bush Meat / A Good Paying Job Or A Rich Man?? Which One Will You Choose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.