Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,462 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Are There Any Account(s) Of Dinosaurs In The Bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are There Any Account(s) Of Dinosaurs In The Bible? (1885 Views)

"What Does The Bible Say About Dinosaurs? Are There Dinosaurs In The Bible?" / What Do Christians Believe About Dinosaurs? / Did God Create Dinosaurs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Any Account(s) Of Dinosaurs In The Bible? by Tonyet1(m): 12:12pm On Jun 02, 2009
prior to now, i have always argued about the true existence of dinosaurs, but some few wks ago i saw on news about an excavated site of dinosaur fossils and skeleton/skeletal structure found somewhere around egypt

it was so real that i was forced to ask myself if dinosaurs really existed and if yes why avnt i come across any account of it in the bible because i feel it is very important to know the age they existed at least to make one firm about the knowledge of the origin of life and other things

pls this thread should not be turned into another athiest conference meeting, lets argue maturedly, i need answers.

God bless you
Re: Are There Any Account(s) Of Dinosaurs In The Bible? by huxley2(m): 12:24pm On Jun 02, 2009
Hello,

This is a good starting point for seeking out knowledge about dinosaurs, when the lived, when the died out, etc, etc, but I would suggest you do NOT limit you investigation to Nairaland. Nairalanders can only be pointers as to where good and reliable information about these beast are held.

I cannot give you any bible-related info about dinosaurs. However, if you really want the scientific account, I can help you with that.

What do you want? The scientific account or the mythological account?
Re: Are There Any Account(s) Of Dinosaurs In The Bible? by Tonyet1(m): 12:29pm On Jun 02, 2009
@Huxley2,

at least the topic asked it all,

i want the biblical account, i am thru' with the scientific account undecided

10ks
Re: Are There Any Account(s) Of Dinosaurs In The Bible? by huxley2(m): 12:44pm On Jun 02, 2009
tonye-t:

@Huxley2,

at least the topic asked it all,

i want the biblical account, i am thru' with the scientific account undecided

10ks

There is NO mention of dinosaurs in the bible. PERIOD. The bible was written by barbaric tribesmen, about 3000 - 4000 years ago, who knew little about the nature of their environment. Dinosaurs went extinct about 65 million years ago. If the bible mention dinosaurs, I would not expect it to refer to them as creatures living at the time the books were written, but as fossils. But it does neither.
Re: Are There Any Account(s) Of Dinosaurs In The Bible? by noetic2: 1:05pm On Jun 02, 2009
huxley2:

There is NO mention of dinosaurs in the bible. PERIOD. [/b]The bible was written by[b] barbaric tribesmen, about 3000 - 4000 years ago, who knew little about the nature of their environment. Dinosaurs went extinct about 65 million years ago. If the bible mention dinosaurs, I would not expect it to refer to them as creatures living at the time the books were written, but as fossils. But it does neither.

I believe the OP asked for matured and objective debates.
Re: Are There Any Account(s) Of Dinosaurs In The Bible? by huxley2(m): 1:19pm On Jun 02, 2009
noetic2:

I believe the OP asked for matured and objective debates.

What about my comments is wrong? The bits you highlighted - is there a problems with them?

huxley2:

There is NO mention of dinosaurs in the bible. PERIOD. The bible was written by barbaric tribesmen, about 3000 - 4000 years ago, who knew little about the nature of their environment. Dinosaurs went extinct about 65 million years ago. If the bible mention dinosaurs, I would not expect it to refer to them as creatures living at the time the books were written, but as fossils. But it does neither.

What about they above post is wrong or immature?
Re: Are There Any Account(s) Of Dinosaurs In The Bible? by donnie(m): 9:35pm On Jun 02, 2009
There is mention of dinosaurs in the bible contrary to the opinions of many.

The Bible is in agreement with the many discoveries of eveidence of life on earth (however not this present world) before Adam. The same World where the ape man (homo erectus) existed. This man was however not made in the image and likeness of God. These aren't our ancestors as some will have us believe.

This old world was destroyed by God in his anger and left in a state that is described in the bible as being without form and void. (Gen 1:2).

God did not create the world to be without from and void. Remember Lucifer who was the covering chrub  that covereth the earth?
He was the one left in charge of that world which he messed up thereby bringing the judgement of God upon it. This destruction i believe is what scientists unknowingly refer to as the big bang.

Ezekiel 28
13Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.

14[b]Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth;[/b] and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

15Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

16By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.

That is why God commanded man in Gen 1:28 to replenish the earth. You do  not replenish what was not inhabited before.

Well let me leave this background for now and address the issue of dinosaurs. I think the book of job describes this creature even more vividly than any scientist would.

[a]“Can you catch Leviathan with a hook
      or put a noose around its jaw?
    2 Can you tie it with a rope through the nose
      or pierce its jaw with a spike?
    3 Will it beg you for mercy
      or implore you for pity?
    4 Will it agree to work for you,
      to be your slave for life?
    5 Can you make it a pet like a bird,
      or give it to your little girls to play with?
    6 Will merchants try to buy it
      to sell it in their shops?
    7 Will its hide be hurt by spears
      or its head by a harpoon?
    8 If you lay a hand on it,
      you will certainly remember the battle that follows.
      You won’t try that again!
    9 [c]No, it is useless to try to capture it.
      The hunter who attempts it will be knocked down.
   10 And since no one dares to disturb it,
      who then can stand up to me?
   11 Who has given me anything that I need to pay back?
      Everything under heaven is mine.

12 “I want to emphasize Leviathan’s limbs
      and its enormous strength and graceful form.
   13 Who can strip off its hide,
      and who can penetrate its double layer of armor?
   14 Who could pry open its jaws?
      For its teeth are terrible!
   15 Its scales are like rows of shields
      tightly sealed together.
   16 They are so close together
      that no air can get between them.
   17 Each scale sticks tight to the next.
      They interlock and cannot be penetrated
   18 “When it sneezes, it flashes light!
      Its eyes are like the red of dawn.
   19 Lightning leaps from its mouth;
      flames of fire flash out.
   20 Smoke streams from its nostrils
      like steam from a pot heated over burning rushes.
   21 Its breath would kindle coals,
      for flames shoot from its mouth.

22 “The tremendous strength in Leviathan’s neck
      strikes terror wherever it goes.
   23 Its flesh is hard and firm
      and cannot be penetrated.
   24 Its heart is hard as rock,
      hard as a millstone.
   25 When it rises, the mighty are afraid,
      gripped by terror.
   26 No sword can stop it,
      no spear, dart, or javelin.
   27 Iron is nothing but straw to that creature,
      and bronze is like rotten wood.
   28 Arrows cannot make it flee.
      Stones shot from a sling are like bits of grass.
   29 Clubs are like a blade of grass,
      and it laughs at the swish of javelins.
   30 Its belly is covered with scales as sharp as glass.
      It plows up the ground as it drags through the mud.

31 “Leviathan makes the water boil with its commotion.
      It stirs the depths like a pot of ointment.
   32 The water glistens in its wake,
      making the sea look white.
   33 Nothing on earth is its equal,
      no other creature so fearless.
   34 Of all the creatures, it is the proudest.
      It is the king of beasts.”
Re: Are There Any Account(s) Of Dinosaurs In The Bible? by noetic2: 9:44pm On Jun 02, 2009
where is huxley?
Re: Are There Any Account(s) Of Dinosaurs In The Bible? by mazaje(m): 9:48pm On Jun 02, 2009
donnie:

Well let me leave this background for now and address the issue of dinosaurs. I think the book of job describes this creature even more vividly than any scientist would.

[a]“Can you catch[b] Leviathan[/b] with a hook
      or put a noose around its jaw?
    2 Can you tie it with a rope through the nose
      or pierce its jaw with a spike?
    3 Will it beg you for mercy
      or implore you for pity?
    4 Will it agree to work for you,
      to be your slave for life?
    5 Can you make it a pet like a bird,
      or give it to your little girls to play with?
    6 Will merchants try to buy it
      to sell it in their shops?
    7 Will its hide be hurt by spears
      or its head by a harpoon?
    8 If you lay a hand on it,
      you will certainly remember the battle that follows.
      You won’t try that again!
    9 [c]No, it is useless to try to capture it.
      The hunter who attempts it will be knocked down.
   10 And since no one dares to disturb it,
      who then can stand up to me?
   11 Who has given me anything that I need to pay back?
      Everything under heaven is mine.

12 “I want to emphasize Leviathan’s limbs
      and its enormous strength and graceful form.
   13 Who can strip off its hide,
      and who can penetrate its double layer of armor?
   14 Who could pry open its jaws?
      For its teeth are terrible!
   15 Its scales are like rows of shields
      tightly sealed together.
   16 They are so close together
      that no air can get between them.
   17 Each scale sticks tight to the next.
      They interlock and cannot be penetrated
   18 “When it sneezes, it flashes light!
      Its eyes are like the red of dawn.
   19 Lightning leaps from its mouth;
      flames of fire flash out.
   20 Smoke streams from its nostrils
      like steam from a pot heated over burning rushes.
   21 Its breath would kindle coals,
      for flames shoot from its mouth.

22 “The tremendous strength in Leviathan’s neck
      strikes terror wherever it goes.
   23 Its flesh is hard and firm
      and cannot be penetrated.
   24 Its heart is hard as rock,
      hard as a millstone.
   25 When it rises, the mighty are afraid,
      gripped by terror.
   26 No sword can stop it,
      no spear, dart, or javelin.
   27 Iron is nothing but straw to that creature,
      and bronze is like rotten wood.
   28 Arrows cannot make it flee.
      Stones shot from a sling are like bits of grass.
   29 Clubs are like a blade of grass,
      and it laughs at the swish of javelins.
   30 Its belly is covered with scales as sharp as glass.
      It plows up the ground as it drags through the mud.

31 “Leviathan makes the water boil with its commotion.
      It stirs the depths like a pot of ointment.
   32 The water glistens in its wake,
      making the sea look white.
   33 Nothing on earth is its equal,
      no other creature so fearless.
   34 Of all the creatures, it is the proudest.
      It is the king of beasts.”

the leviathan is a monstrous sea creature according to the bible, are dinosaurs sea creatures? dinosaurs are terrestrial animals not sea creatures. did job live 65 millon years ago? because dinosaurs went extinct about 65 million years ago. so leviathans are not dinosaurs.
Re: Are There Any Account(s) Of Dinosaurs In The Bible? by tpiah: 10:27pm On Jun 02, 2009
mazaje:

the leviathan is a monstrous sea creature according to the bible, are dinosaurs sea creatures? dinosaurs are terrestrial animals not sea creatures. did job live 65 millon years ago? because dinosaurs went extinct about 65 million years ago. so leviathans are not dinosaurs.

this is all wordplay intended to derail the thread.

@ Huxley- no need for the insults. You should be able to respond in a matured manner without the need for childish fits and name calling. At least so far no one has insulted you yet.
Re: Are There Any Account(s) Of Dinosaurs In The Bible? by huxley2(m): 10:28pm On Jun 02, 2009
noetic2:

where is huxley?

I guess you have found dinosaurs in the bible now, have you?
Re: Are There Any Account(s) Of Dinosaurs In The Bible? by mazaje(m): 10:30pm On Jun 02, 2009
huxley2:

I guess you have found dinosaurs in the bible now, have you?

grin grin
Re: Are There Any Account(s) Of Dinosaurs In The Bible? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:54pm On Jun 02, 2009
tonye-t:

prior to now, i have always argued about the true existence of dinosaurs, but some few wks ago i saw on news about an excavated site of dinosaur fossils and skeleton/skeletal structure found somewhere around egypt

it was so real that i was forced to ask myself if dinosaurs really existed and if yes why avnt i come across any account of it in the bible because i feel it is very important to know the age they existed at least to make one firm about the knowledge of the origin of life and other things

pls this thread should not be turned into another athiest conference meeting, lets argue maturedly, i need answers.

God bless you

The name Dinosaurs is a recent invention.  The authorised version of the Bible was translated before the coinage of that name.  Dinosaurs alongside with other animals and beasts was created on day 6 of creation and they lived among men.  What kind of animals do you think was called dragons which has been presented in different cultures and drawings even before the discovery of dinosaur fossils? 

If you want the whole truth about "dinosaurs" you will have to decide who's report you will believe.  I for one have decided to believe the report of the Lord as written in the book of the beginning "Genesis."  Others have chosen to believe man's fallible fantasy in the shape of evolutionary theory, but if you really want to know the historical account of the One who was there at creation then you need to read the Bible.  The link below will help you along this research as you will find out that the Bible is fresher than tomorrow's newspaper.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab/what-happened-to-the-dinosaurs
Re: Are There Any Account(s) Of Dinosaurs In The Bible? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jun 02, 2009
you think tonye-t asked this question because he was genuinely interested in dinosaurs? Just another empty head bleating about the bible again . . . ask him to explain how the dinosaurs disappeared and he'd be huffing and panting
Re: Are There Any Account(s) Of Dinosaurs In The Bible? by ttalks(m): 11:17pm On Jun 02, 2009
Apart from the leviathan which donnie pointed out(which actually is the bible's representation of what we call dragons), Job 40:15-23 describes the behemoth which completely fits the description of a dinosaur.
The scientific theory of the earth being millions of years old is wrong as carbon dating is based on three unfounded assumptions.
I started a thread similar to this sometime ago but left it when it wasn't really patronised properly.
Re: Are There Any Account(s) Of Dinosaurs In The Bible? by ttalks(m): 11:33pm On Jun 02, 2009
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-275659.0.html

The above link is the thread I created before.
Check it and the links I posted there and also in my replies there and then we can come back here to add to what we feel/think/believe.
Re: Are There Any Account(s) Of Dinosaurs In The Bible? by bindex(m): 1:17am On Jun 03, 2009
ttalks:

Apart from the leviathan which donnie pointed out(which actually is the bible's representation of what we call dragons), Job 40:15-23 describes the behemoth which completely fits the description of a dinosaur.
The scientific theory of the earth being millions of years old is wrong as carbon dating is based on three unfounded assumptions.
I started a thread similar to this sometime ago but left it when it wasn't really patronised properly.

leviathans are great sea creatures according to the bible are dinosaurs sea creatures? How old is the earth if I may ask?
Re: Are There Any Account(s) Of Dinosaurs In The Bible? by KAG: 3:36am On Jun 03, 2009
tonye-t:

God bless you

Wait, what? Prior to now you had always argued about the true existence of dinosaurs? Know that I'm genuinely curious and not being condescending when I ask, how? How did your argument tend to go?

In any case, to answer your question, no, the Bible doesn't mention dinosaurs. That in spite of the generous reading of some who on the one hand claim to be literalists.
Re: Are There Any Account(s) Of Dinosaurs In The Bible? by Tonyet1(m): 11:36am On Jun 03, 2009
davidylan:

you think tonye-t asked this question because he was genuinely interested in dinosaurs? Just another empty head bleating about the bible again . . . ask him to explain how the dinosaurs disappeared and he'd be huffing and panting

@davidylan,

my beloved brother pls are all these insults really necessary? how did you know is my question? dont tell me you actually came in here to just insult someone and leave. you are one guy i love and respect here pls do reciprocate.

thank you

back to the topic:

if the huge creatures are what some refer here to as "DINOSAURS", then how come man survived thru' that era, because from my curious research, it is believed that those creatures were very ferocious and carnivoristic in nature, meaning there was no way man could survive, because even the smallest of the creatures then was as big and fierce as a cheetah

now what i dont seem to understand is, was the bible a comprehensive book of the earth and man's existence here?
Re: Are There Any Account(s) Of Dinosaurs In The Bible? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:48am On Jun 03, 2009
tonye-t:

back to the topic:

if the huge creatures are what some refer here to as "DINOSAURS", then how come man survived thru' that era, because from my curious research, it is believed that those creatures were very ferocious and carnivoristic in nature, meaning there was no way man could survive, because even the smallest of the creatures then was as big and fierce as a cheetah

now what i dont seem to understand is, was the bible a comprehensive book of the earth and man's existence here?[/font][/color]

I believe that I gave you the answer to the question that you asked and also suggested a link for your perusal. If that was not enough then I will have to agree with davidylan that you are not genuinely interested in finding out the truth about dinosaurs.
Re: Are There Any Account(s) Of Dinosaurs In The Bible? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:46pm On Jun 03, 2009
if you follow bible age, then the world is sooo very young, and the universe much younger, does that make sense to ya'all
Re: Are There Any Account(s) Of Dinosaurs In The Bible? by simmy(m): 3:09pm On Jun 03, 2009
if the bible mentioned dinasours i d be surprised. dinasours didnt exist when the bible was written. dinasours didnt existin the time ofadam, so y should the bible talk about dinasours? the giys who wrote the bible had no knowledgeofdinasours and God didnt think it important to reveal the existense of dinasours
Re: Are There Any Account(s) Of Dinosaurs In The Bible? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:23pm On Jun 03, 2009
lagerwhenindoubt:

if you follow bible age, then the world is sooo very young, and the universe much younger, does that make sense to ya'all

It all depends on who's report you believe, the Word of God which is the record of the account of God who was an eyewitness to His creation or the words of fallible men who build fairytales around the evidence that they can see (fossils) in the present.
Re: Are There Any Account(s) Of Dinosaurs In The Bible? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:40pm On Jun 03, 2009
simmy:

if the bible mentioned dinasours i d be surprised. dinasours didnt exist when the bible was written. dinasours didnt existin the time ofadam, so y should the bible talk about dinasours? the giys who wrote the bible had no knowledgeofdinasours and God didnt think it important to reveal the existense of dinasours

The Bible did not mention the Dinosaurs because the word did not exist by the time the Bible was translated into the English Language. The word Dinosaur was invented in 1841 while the authorised version of the Bible was written in 1611 so it is no rocket science for you to realise that there is no way the word coined by man would have been written before then.

If you have been reading your Bible without the evolutionary googles on you would have come across the land animals that is now called Dinosaurs in Genesis 1:24-25 and Job 40:15-24 but I do not think that you are interested in finding out the truth since you have been blinded by the god of this world lest you should see the light of the glorious gospel.
Re: Are There Any Account(s) Of Dinosaurs In The Bible? by Tonyet1(m): 4:24pm On Jun 03, 2009
@OLAADEGBU

(if you assume i am doing this post on purpose then you have to read Prov.14:15)

10ks,i'll read thru' the link you provided later, but this questions still puzzle me

1. if huge dinosaurs really existed in during the era of man's existence, how then did this men survive, knowing quite well the nature of this animals

2. if this creatures were believed to have evolved, what then happened to man and his features ( i aint no evolutionalist mind you)

3. i read somewhere of someone saying something abt a life that existed b4 the recorded existence of Life thru Adam and Eve, i stand tosay that that account of yours is totally wrong
Re: Are There Any Account(s) Of Dinosaurs In The Bible? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:11am On Jun 04, 2009
tonye-t:

@OLAADEGBU

(if you assume i am doing this post on purpose then you have to read Prov.14:15)

10ks,i have read thru' the link you provided, but this questions still puzzle me

If you have read through the link then I expect you to have the answers to all your questions as the link covered them all.

tonye-t:

1. if huge dinosaurs really existed in during the era of man's existence, how then did this men survive, knowing quite well the nature of this animals

Unless you are taking your facts from films like the Jurassic Park and The Lost World you should have realised that the fairytales of the evolutionists are not science.  What they have is just fossils and they then build fantasy tales surrounding it.  The kind of teeth that they have does not necessary tell you what kind of diet they eat.  We have giant Pandas today that have carnivorous teeth that they use to eat bamboos, most bears feed on vegetarian diet and bats are not particularly carnivorous.  Scientists have discovered the kind of food in that Dinosaurs ate which was mainly vegetarian diet, they also discovered fresh bones and blood in some of the fossils.  This you will not find if they were 65 million years old because they would have all fossilised.  You will not get these facts from evolutionists who wilfully ignore and disobey the word of God.

tonye-t:

2. if this creatures were believed to have evolved, what then happened to man and his features ( i aint no evolutionalist mind you)

If you had wanted to know the position of the evolutionists you could have made that clear from the onset.  The link I suggested gave a panoramic view of what they stood for and how it differed from the creationist worldview.  The bottom line is that they can only assume what happened to dinosaurs as they had no eyewitness account of what happened to them.  You can ask them a pertinent question of what they think dinosaurs evolved from and why they all died off?

tonye-t:

3. i read somewhere of someone saying something abt a life that existed b4 the recorded existence of Life thru Adam and Eve, i stand tosay that that account of yours is totally wrong

Can you clarify your position here, do you believe that life existed before Adam or not?  I believe what the Bible says that there was life before the creation of Adam but what kind of life?  They were vegetation, birds, fish and animals all before Adam and Eve.

Dinosaurs could not have died out before human life appeared on the scene because Dinosaurs had not previously existed.  Sin came into the world through Adam's rebellion and as a result of this death, bloodshed, disease and suffering followed.  If you believe the Bible I would suggest that you read Gen. 1:29-30; Rom. 1:12,14; 1Cor.15:21-22

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab/what-happened-to-the-dinosaurs
Re: Are There Any Account(s) Of Dinosaurs In The Bible? by donnie(m): 12:25am On Jun 05, 2009
mazaje:

My dear, the levethian just like the Dinosaur is an amphibian; not purely a sea creature. If the levethian did not live on land, how come the scripture describes it as having limbs and spitting /breathing fire from its mouth and nostrils? Did it do all that in water?

These are scriptures some which show what actually happened to the world they lived in(Before Adam):

Isaiah 24:1- Behold, the Lord maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scaterreth abroad the inhabitants thereof.

Prophetically, this shows us what happened. It was destroyed, turned upside down, made empty and waste (ie. without form and void). Dont forget that no where else in scripture is the earth known to have been without form and void than just before its re-creation (as found in Gen 1:2) .

You find the same senario in Jeremiah 4:23-26.

Here it goes on to tell us that there were men inhabiting the earth before its destruction. It also shows that there were cities which were also buried under the earth by God in his anger. This explains the fossils which date to several millions of years ago.
Re: Are There Any Account(s) Of Dinosaurs In The Bible? by donnie(m): 12:35am On Jun 05, 2009
And you query: did Job live 65 million years ago?

The bible is a book of prophecy and not a newspaper.

The Spirit by which these Holy men of God spoke is called the ancient of days. He is the Spirit of wisdom and of knowledge. He is Omniscient.
Re: Are There Any Account(s) Of Dinosaurs In The Bible? by toneyb: 1:17am On Jun 05, 2009
donnie:

My dear, the levethian just like the Dinosaur is an amphibian; not purely a sea creature. If the levethian did not live on land, how come the scripture describes it as feeding on herbs and spitting/breathing fire from its mouth and nostrils? Did it do all that in water?

These are scriptures some which show what actually happened to the world they lived in(Before Adam):

Isaiah 24:1- Behold, the Lord maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scaterreth abroad the inhabitants thereof.

Prophetically, this shows us what happened. It was destroyed, turned upside down, made empty and waste (ie. without form and void). Dont forget that no where else in scripture is the earth known to have been without form and void than just before its re-creation (as found in Gen 1:2) .

Are you quoting the bible out of context?

Isa 24:1 Behold, the LORD makes the earth empty and makes it waste, Distorts its surface And scatters abroad its inhabitants.

Isa 24:2 And it shall be: As with the people, so with the priest; As with the servant, so with his master; As with the maid, so with her mistress; As with the buyer, so with the seller; As with the lender, so with the borrower; As with the creditor, so with the debtor.

Isa 24:3 The land shall be entirely emptied and utterly plundered, For the LORD has spoken this word.

You quoted a chapter in Isiah where God was talking about destroying and making the lands and all the people living it it (Priest, servants, maids and the whole of the people) empty to suggest something else. The verse only talks about God saying that he will destroy the land and all the humans living in it as an event that will happen in the future not as an event that has already happened in the past.

Here it goes on to tell us that there were men inhabiting the earth before its destruction. It also shows that there were cities which were also buried under the earth by God in his anger. This explains the fossils which date to several millions of years ago.

Jer 4:23 I beheld the earth, and indeed [it was] without form, and void; And the heavens, they [had] no light.
Jer 4:24 I beheld the mountains, and indeed they trembled, And all the hills moved back and forth.
Jer 4:25 I beheld, and indeed [there was] no man, And all the birds of the heavens had fled.
Jer 4:26 I beheld, and indeed the fruitful land [was] a wilderness, And all its cities were broken down At the presence of the LORD, By His fierce anger.
Jer 4:27 For thus says the LORD: "The whole land[b] shall[/b] be desolate; Yet[b] I will not make a full end[/b].
Jer 4:28[b] For this shall the earth mourn, And the heavens above be black, Because I have spoken. I have purposed and will not relent, Nor will I turn back from it.[/b]
Jer 4:29 The whole city shall flee from the noise of the horsemen and bowmen. They shall go into thickets and climb up on the rocks. Every city [shall be] forsaken, And not a man shall dwell in it.
Jer 4:30 "And when you are plundered, What will you do? Though you clothe yourself with crimson, Though you adorn [yourself] with ornaments of gold, Though you enlarge your eyes with paint, In vain you will make yourself fair; Your lovers [b]will [/b]despise you; They will seek your life.

If you read the verse in context it says something completely different from what you are saying. The verse talks about the prophet talking about what God told him he will do to the world and he saw a vision of what will happen to the world after God has executed his plans. It wasn't talking about what had already happened but will will happen in the future to the disobedient people.
Re: Are There Any Account(s) Of Dinosaurs In The Bible? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:55am On Jun 05, 2009
donnie:

If by the scriptures you quoted above meant that there was life, death and destruction before the creation of Adam, can you then explain the verse below and how that fits into the plan of redemption?

"Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned"—[/i]Romans 5:12

and . . . 

[i]"For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead.  For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive."
-- 1 Corinthians 15:21–22

The Bible states that death, suffering and disease came into the world as a result of the sin of the first man, Adam and that eternal life came by the Last Adam, Jesus Christ. Can you now reconcile how death and suffering came into the world before sin? And did Christ die to redeem such people?
Re: Are There Any Account(s) Of Dinosaurs In The Bible? by Tonyet1(m): 1:37pm On Jun 05, 2009
@OLAADEGBU,

i must say a very big thank you for the link you provided on the issue on this topic, men it was so-expository and detailed

you are a big support here thank you
Re: Are There Any Account(s) Of Dinosaurs In The Bible? by simmy(m): 12:54pm On Jun 10, 2009
Xtians just amaze me all the time!

nowhere did the bible state clearly that there was a world or a set of humans before adam. all that is pure conjecture
The leviathan described in Job is either some amphibious animal which is now extinct or is ur common crocodile. Job was a poetic book! the fire breathing blabla could have been poetic expressions and not meant to be taken literarilly. Like i can say of a face to face encounter with a lion " his eyes shone in the darkness from the fire that lay within" that doesnt mean the lion is some mammalian version of the firefly! And the leviathan didnt really fit the description of any dinasour I'm aware of

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Man Truly In The Image Of God? / Questions That Vedaxcool, Nopuqeater And Chakula Should Give Us Answers To / Every Problem Has A Solution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.