Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,924 members, 7,828,206 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Senate Hearing: CBN Admits Contract With Remita, Collects N2Trillion Into TSA. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Hearing: CBN Admits Contract With Remita, Collects N2Trillion Into TSA. (2484 Views)

Amaechi And Fashola Laughing Hard At Senate Hearing Of Transport Bill / Patience Jonathan's $15m To Go Into TSA - EFCC / The Tattered Furniture In The Nigerian Senate Hearing Room (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Hearing: CBN Admits Contract With Remita, Collects N2Trillion Into TSA. by drss(m): 7:31am On Dec 10, 2015
N2tr collected from MDAs, says Emefiele Bureaucracy and professionalism clashed yesterday in Abuja.
Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Governor Godwin Emefiele and
Accountant General of the Federation (AGF) Ahmed Idris were
locked in arguements over the controversial Treasury Single Account (TSA) with SystemSpecs Limited, owner of Remita, an
electronic payment solution.
But SystemSpecs Chief Executive Officer (CEO) John Obaro insisted
that his platform had a valid contract with the CBN and deserved to earn its charge as contained in the contract.
Emefiele, Idris and Obaro spoke at a public hearing on alleged
abuse and mismanagement of the TSA regime.
The Senate instituted the public hearing following claims that the
one per cent service charge being paid to Remita under the TSA
was a rip-off.
Emefiele explained the spirit behind the TSA which process he said began in 2010.
Idris gave the amount collected under the TSA as N1.8 trillion but
The CBN Governor gave N2.038 trillion as the amount collected
from the Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) as at
December 8. But The AGF gave a figure of N1.8 trillion.
Emefiele said because of the large volume of fund collection under
TSA, the payment of one per cent service charge to the service
provider, Remita was considered to be too high and exorbitant.
Emefiele added that the TSA scheme is laudable adding that the Federal Government should be commended for ensuring its full
implementation.

He noted that already the CBN has over N2 trillion, money that
should have been lying idle in banks.
He said that there was no abuse of the TSA as being claimed in
some quarters.
Chairman of the joint committee promptly reminded him that the
TSA is not on trial especially when the Senate had commended
President Muhammadu Buhari for its implementation.
On who approved the payment of one per cent service charge to
Remita, the CBN governor said he needed to cross check but
admitted that that there was an agreement between CBN and
Remita.
He said he was told that Inter-Departmental Committee of the apex bank approved the payment.
He also told the committee that the Remita platform was designed
to handle retail payment.
Emefiele said that when Remita was appointed as e- payment
Solution platform, Nigeria Inter-Banks Settlement System (NIBSS)
owned by the CBN was not quite ready to provide the services.
The CBN boss said that he is not aware that Remita is hosted
outside the country adding that all he knows is that Remita is a
Nigerian company and hosted in the country.
Emefiele reiterated that since 2012 when TSA was introduced over N2 trillion had been collected and the volume of collection would continue to increase.
He said that the agreement stipulated a sharing formula of CBN 10%, banks 40% and Remita 50% of the one per cent service charge.
Emefiele told the committee that at the reversal of the agreement
Remita was asked to refund the N8 billion it collected.
The company, he said, promptly complied by refunding what it
earned.
The Senate had claimed that Remita received N25 billion in three months.
The CBN governor said that he is sure that Remita has also realised
that the payment of one per cent service charge on all funds
collected is exorbitant.
On alleged upfront payment of the service charge, the CBN
governor said he does not think the deduction was made up front
from the collection.
He said, “Monies have been collected and the agreement says you take one per cent of what had been collected.”
Asked whether he was aware that one per cent was being taken
from the funds collected for the Federal Government, Emefiele said:
“I did not know that one per cent was being taken on that account
until we were summoned to the office of the Senate President and
I was surprised to hear it. It was immediately that I swung into act
to find out who John Obaro is. I called him immediately to refund
the money he collected and to reverse the payment.
“Initially I did not know who owns Remita and SystemSpecs until my attention was drawn o it in the Senate President’s office. I have to admit that I did not know about the payment until it came up on the floor of the Senate. That was why I quickly called Mr. Obaro and immediately reversed the payment.” Chairman of the committee Enoh praised the courage of the CBN boss for admitting that he did not know about the payment.
Enoh noted that it is solemn for people in office to admit their error.
The Accounta General told the Committee that the TSA is meant to focus on resources of government and to ensure that the resources are consolidated and viewed through single window.
http://www.thenationonlineng.net/tsa-cbn-admits-contract-with-remita/
Re: Senate Hearing: CBN Admits Contract With Remita, Collects N2Trillion Into TSA. by greatiyk4u(m): 7:42am On Dec 10, 2015
Ok
Re: Senate Hearing: CBN Admits Contract With Remita, Collects N2Trillion Into TSA. by drss(m): 7:51am On Dec 10, 2015
Cc: lalasticlala, Ishilove
Re: Senate Hearing: CBN Admits Contract With Remita, Collects N2Trillion Into TSA. by Imortal001: 7:57am On Dec 10, 2015
Emefiele acting like mr bean...funny and confuse.....

3 Likes

Re: Senate Hearing: CBN Admits Contract With Remita, Collects N2Trillion Into TSA. by ojmaroni247(m): 7:58am On Dec 10, 2015
Isorai
Re: Senate Hearing: CBN Admits Contract With Remita, Collects N2Trillion Into TSA. by drss(m): 8:02am On Dec 10, 2015
...but in d past, liar mohammed claimed d money collected into tsa was not up to N2 trillion D truth don dey comot small small.
Re: Senate Hearing: CBN Admits Contract With Remita, Collects N2Trillion Into TSA. by darelar(m): 8:03am On Dec 10, 2015
"Initially I did not know who owns Remita and SystemSpecs until my attention was drawn o it in the Senate President’s office. I have to admit that I did not know about the payment until it came up on the floor of the Senate. That was why I quickly called Mr. Obaro and immediately reversed the payment" where are those that said Remita means (Remi Tinubu Ahmed) and is owned by Tinubu and his wife.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Hearing: CBN Admits Contract With Remita, Collects N2Trillion Into TSA. by Deborahj(f): 8:03am On Dec 10, 2015
Source Please?
Re: Senate Hearing: CBN Admits Contract With Remita, Collects N2Trillion Into TSA. by drss(m): 8:18am On Dec 10, 2015
Deborahj:
Source Please?
which source?
Re: Senate Hearing: CBN Admits Contract With Remita, Collects N2Trillion Into TSA. by darelar(m): 8:19am On Dec 10, 2015
drss:
...but in d past, liar mohammed claimed d money collected into tsa was not up to N2 trillion D truth don dey comot small small.
did you read it at all? The money generated by TSA is N2 trillion and their commission is % 1 of it which is N8 billion.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Hearing: CBN Admits Contract With Remita, Collects N2Trillion Into TSA. by superstar1(m): 8:25am On Dec 10, 2015
I thought the wailing wailers were screaming blue murder about missing money.

Sheer waste of time.

If Remita refunds the money they earned genuinely, they are only being patriotic. If they did not, there is nothing anybody can do because there was a contract agreement with terms and conditions in place at the beginning.

A labourer is worthy of his wages. Remita is worthy of its payment. Yeah 1% is much for that level of transaction, but what were the dummies that signed the contract on behalf of Govt looking at.

Also, we should note that Remita does not own the whole 1% commission. It was meant to be shared between CBN, DMBs and Remita, which is the fair deal to all because the 3 are major stakeholders in the transaction process.

We all make transfers using NIP or NEFT and we do transactions on POSs, ATMs and now Pay With Capture and Pay Attitude and we all pay for these services, how much more a strategic and revolutionary transaction such as TSA. We pay yearly for our ATM Cards too. What is the noise about Remita's fee all about?

Govt can.only plead with them to review downward the commission, they cannot force them because there is a properly signed agreement in place.

5 Likes

Re: Senate Hearing: CBN Admits Contract With Remita, Collects N2Trillion Into TSA. by drss(m): 8:32am On Dec 10, 2015
superstar1:
I thought the wailing wailers were screaming blue murder about missing money.

Sheer waste of time.

If Remita refunds the money they earned genuinely, they are only being patriotic. If they did not, there is nothing anybody can do because there was a contract agreement with terms and conditions in place at the beginning.

A labourer is worthy of his wages. Remita is worthy of its payment. Yeah 1% is much for that level of transaction, but what were the duties that signed the contract on behalf of Govt looking at.

Also, we should note that Remita does not own the whole 1%. It was meant to be shared between CBN, DMBs and Remita, which is the fair deal to all because the 3 are major stakeholders in the transaction process.
see dem sad u will not say dis stuff if it were GEJ administration. if this same tin happened under GEJ era una go throw tantrum cry loud to high heavens dat GEJ used remita to embezzle N25 billion, just like sanuai's baseless missing $20 billion.
Re: Senate Hearing: CBN Admits Contract With Remita, Collects N2Trillion Into TSA. by Brezzybone(m): 8:33am On Dec 10, 2015
Make that bank no get leakage Oooo! Na my own be dat
Re: Senate Hearing: CBN Admits Contract With Remita, Collects N2Trillion Into TSA. by fyneguy: 8:34am On Dec 10, 2015
darelar:
"Initially I did not know who owns Remita and SystemSpecs until my attention was drawn o it in the Senate President’s office. I have to admit that I did not know about the payment until it came up on the floor of the Senate. That was why I quickly called Mr. Obaro and immediately reversed the payment" where are those that said Remita means (Remi Tinubu Ahmed) and is owned by Tinubu and his wife.

N2 Trillion as at December 8. Did Lai Mohammed say as at Dec 8?
Re: Senate Hearing: CBN Admits Contract With Remita, Collects N2Trillion Into TSA. by drss(m): 8:35am On Dec 10, 2015
darelar:
did you read it at all? The money generated by TSA is N2 trillion and their commission is % 1 of it which is N8 billion.
are u current on tsa matters d report before now was dat N2 trillion was never collected into TSA.
Re: Senate Hearing: CBN Admits Contract With Remita, Collects N2Trillion Into TSA. by superstar1(m): 8:39am On Dec 10, 2015
drss:
see dem sad u will not say dis stuff if it were GEJ administration. if this same tin happened under GEJ era una go throw tantrum cry loud to high heavens dat GEJ used remita to embezzle N25 billion, just like sanuai's baseless missing $20 billion.

See this wailer.

The contract was signed under GEJ's govt in 2011.

With recent events of putrid level the Drunken Master of Otuoke took corruption to in our dear country, I can correctly deduce that they had the intention of enriching themselves with the commission.

How can a sane govt approves 1% when POS is even 0.75%.

1 Like

Re: Senate Hearing: CBN Admits Contract With Remita, Collects N2Trillion Into TSA. by theV0ice: 8:41am On Dec 10, 2015
drss:

In your haste to malign PMB, You refused to read and find out when this whole REMITA business started. See when the whole business started

Throwing more light on the e-Payment/e-Collection Remita software, which the Senate on Wednesday resolved to probe, CBN sources said the implementation of the modular solution was approved by the former CBN Governor who is currently the Emir of Kano, Alhaji Muhammad Sanusi II, and former CBN Deputy Governor, Operations, Mr. Tunde Lemo, [size=14pt]in 2011 to facilitate the transfer of government revenue to the TSA[/size]

I hope i can safely assume you know who was President in 2011?

see the promoters of the company called SYSTEMSPECS who are the owners of the software called REMITA

However, investigations by THISDAY showed that Remita was not an agent or company, but the software platform used for the transfers, while SystemSpecs, whose Managing Director is Mr. John Obaro, is the owner of e-Payment/e-Collection solution. The company’s website further revealed that the chairman of SystemSpecs is the former Director General of the Nigerian Broadcasting Commission, Dr. Christopher Kolade. Other directors of the company include a former Executive Vice-Chairman of the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), Mr. Ernest Ndukwe, Mr. Emmanuel Ocholi, Mr. ‘Deremi Atanda and Dr. Emmanuel Eze.

Can you guys show how Buhari or Tinubu are connected to this 'fraud'?

Also the actual amount that is in dispute

CBN sources informed THISDAY that contrary to the assertion of the Senate that N25 billion had been paid to SystemSpecs, it was N8.6 billion that was deducted by the company for the transfer of N1.5 trillion since the enforcement of the TSA by the current administration in the last few weeks.

Also, see what PMB did immediately he heard about it

But when it was discovered that SystemSpecs had deducted about N8.6 billion for the recent TSA transfers of N1.5 trillion, we immediately asked them to reverse the deduction, which they complied with. “The issue was brought to the attention of the president (Muhammadu Buhari) and he asked that the money be returned immediately which is what has happened.

You can read more below

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/tsa-transfers-central-bank-recovers-n8-6bn-from-owner-of-remita-systemspecs/225480/

4 Likes

Re: Senate Hearing: CBN Admits Contract With Remita, Collects N2Trillion Into TSA. by theV0ice: 8:46am On Dec 10, 2015
drss:

which truth is coming out? Can't you even see that Emefiele and the AGF who should know are even giving conflicting values? Also what happened to the myth that REMITA belongs to Remi Ahmed Tinubu that you guys were running amok with?? cheesy

Incase you still don't know, see the owners names below. check and tell me which of them sounds like Buhari or Tinubu

Chairman: Christopher Kolade

Managing Director: John Obaro

Directors
Mr Emmanuel Ocholi
Dr. Ernest Ndukwe
Mr Deremi Stands
Dr. Emmanuel Eze

Was PMB also in charge when the contract for REMITA was signed with SYSTEMSPECS IN 2011? Or you've forgotten who was President then? cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Senate Hearing: CBN Admits Contract With Remita, Collects N2Trillion Into TSA. by drss(m): 8:47am On Dec 10, 2015
superstar1:

See this wailer.

The contract was signed under GEJ's govt in 2012.

With recent events of putrid level the Drunken Master of Otuoke took corruption to in our dear country, I can correctly deduce that they had the intention of enriching themselves with the commission.

How can a sane govt approves 1% when POS is even 0.75%.
...and ur daura president cluelessly approved d implementation of d %1 charge without reveiwing d contract agreement.
Re: Senate Hearing: CBN Admits Contract With Remita, Collects N2Trillion Into TSA. by tunex23: 8:49am On Dec 10, 2015
Following
Re: Senate Hearing: CBN Admits Contract With Remita, Collects N2Trillion Into TSA. by theV0ice: 8:50am On Dec 10, 2015
fyneguy:

N2 Trillion as at December 8. Did Lai Mohammed say as at Dec 8?

Is that the 'fraud' the Senate committee set out to investigate? cheesy cheesy

I thought you guys were screaming at everybody that REMITA is owned by Tinubu and Buhari is using it to compensate him? Didn't you guys also claim that they were charging N25Billion everyday?? cheesy cheesy

Has the senate discovered all these 'fraudulent acts' yet?? cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Senate Hearing: CBN Admits Contract With Remita, Collects N2Trillion Into TSA. by drss(m): 8:52am On Dec 10, 2015
theV0ice:

which truth is coming out? Can't you even see that Emefiele and the AGF who should know are even giving conflicting values? Also what happened to the myth that REMITA belongs to Remi Ahmed Tinubu that you guys were running amok with?? cheesy

Incase you still don't know, see the owners names below. check and tell me which of them sounds like Buhari or Tinubu

Chairman: Christopher Kolade

Managing Director: John Obaro

Directors
Mr Emmanuel Ocholi
Dr. Ernest Ndukwe
Mr Deremi Stands
Dr. Emmanuel Eze

Was PMB also in charge when the contract for REMITA was signed with SYSTEMSPECS IN 2011? Or you've forgotten who was President then? cheesy

for a president who has been shouting probe, kwarapshun, probe probe probe probe for 7 good months!, why didn't he probe d contract agreement between CBN n Remita before giving d order for TSA implementation
Re: Senate Hearing: CBN Admits Contract With Remita, Collects N2Trillion Into TSA. by theV0ice: 8:52am On Dec 10, 2015
drss:
...and ur daura president cluelessly approved d implementation of d %1 charge without reveiwing d contract agreement.

e-warrior, Your hero already signed the contract with them. When the daura man discovered, he asked that it be returned immediately before you guys started running like headless chickens with allegations

But when it was discovered that SystemSpecs had deducted about N8.6 billion for the recent TSA transfers of N1.5 trillion, we immediately asked them to reverse the deduction, which they complied with. “The issue was brought to the attention of the president (Muhammadu Buhari) and he asked that the money be returned immediately which is what has happened.

You can read more below

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/tsa-transfers-central-bank-recovers-n8-6bn-from-owner-of-remita-systemspecs/225480/

2 Likes

Re: Senate Hearing: CBN Admits Contract With Remita, Collects N2Trillion Into TSA. by theV0ice: 8:54am On Dec 10, 2015
drss:
for a president who has been shouting probe, kwarapshun, probe since may29, why didn't he probe d contract agreement between CBN n Remita for implementing TSA

What is there to probe?

Do you mean SYSTEMSPECS shouldn't get paid for the job they did?

If you insist that the REMITA deal was a fraud, you will also have to agree GEJ and his people are thieves and criminals for signing the contract. Deal? wink

2 Likes

Re: Senate Hearing: CBN Admits Contract With Remita, Collects N2Trillion Into TSA. by superstar1(m): 9:00am On Dec 10, 2015
drss:

You are blaming PMB for the stup1d action of your Clueless and Corrupt Mandela of Otuoke?

Wonders shall never end.

You can also blame PMB for all the unprecedented looting of our collective wealth that happened under your figure head an inexperienced president.

4 Likes

Re: Senate Hearing: CBN Admits Contract With Remita, Collects N2Trillion Into TSA. by drss(m): 9:03am On Dec 10, 2015
theV0ice:

What is there to probe?

Do you mean SYSTEMSPECS shouldn't get paid for the job they did?

If you insist that the REMITA deal was a fraud, you will also have to agree GEJ and his people are thieves and criminals for signing the contract. Deal? wink
hahahahahahaha see as u dey defend buari like say him be ur wife. Talk true if GEJ was in buari's shoes, will u defend him on dis TSA scandal like u ar doing now?
Re: Senate Hearing: CBN Admits Contract With Remita, Collects N2Trillion Into TSA. by theV0ice: 9:06am On Dec 10, 2015
drss:
hahahahahahaha see as u dey defend buari like say him be ur wife. Talk true if GEJ was in buari's shoes, will u defend him on dis TSA scandal?

hahahahaha...see as you sef dey attack Buhari like say he snatch your girlfriend

I already defended GEJ govt for signing 1% as fees to SYSTEMSPECS. A Nigerian company deserves to be paid well for the fantastic work they did in developing the software to help us save money.

It's you in your unwise haste to hate on PMB that is now opening up your hero for ridicule.

Meanwhile, has it been 'proved' that Tinubu and his wife Remi own REMITA? wink

3 Likes

Re: Senate Hearing: CBN Admits Contract With Remita, Collects N2Trillion Into TSA. by drss(m): 9:12am On Dec 10, 2015
superstar1:

You are blaming PMB for the stup1d action of your Clueless and Corrupt Mandela of Otuoke?

Wonders shall never end.

You can also blame PMB for all the unprecedented looting of our collective wealth that happened under your figure head an inexperienced president.
yes yes we know d drill GEJ is d cause of all nigeria's problem. D zoo was a developed con3 where everything was working with water n 27hr power supply before GEJ came n destroy it. GEJ stole N2.8 billion nnpc money in 1978, created fuel subsidy and even created boko haram to punish nigeria. Yeye dey smell.
Re: Senate Hearing: CBN Admits Contract With Remita, Collects N2Trillion Into TSA. by superstar1(m): 9:19am On Dec 10, 2015
drss:
yes yes we know d drill GEJ is d cause of all nigeria's problem. D zoo was a developed con3 where everything was working with water n 27hr power supply before GEJ came n destroy it. GEJ stole N2.8 billion nnpc money in 1978, created fuel subsidy and even created boko haram to punish nigeria. Yeye dey smell.

So, all that gives the husband of shepopotamus the authority to loot the country into bankruptcy.

What a thinking!!!!

No wonder stealing was not corruption and our barn of yams was left opened for stubborn and greedy goats to unleash their full potentials on.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Hearing: CBN Admits Contract With Remita, Collects N2Trillion Into TSA. by StOla: 9:20am On Dec 10, 2015
drss:

Dude kindly go back to the drawing board. Your attempt today to malign the Buhari government is a wasted effort.

Think of something else that does not implicate the PDP while making APC look like a party that is ready to unravel the shady deals of the Jonathan regime.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Hearing: CBN Admits Contract With Remita, Collects N2Trillion Into TSA. by StOla: 9:23am On Dec 10, 2015
drss:

Biafran alert!

Why are you crying for the sake of the supposed zoo?

Your misery has just begun. Nigeria will rise from the abyss the PDP condemned it.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Hearing: CBN Admits Contract With Remita, Collects N2Trillion Into TSA. by drss(m): 9:38am On Dec 10, 2015
StOla:

Biafran alert!

Why are you crying for the sake of the supposed zoo?

Your misery has just begun. Nigeria will rise from the abyss the PDP condemned it.
who's crying for d zoo

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Secret Sex Abuse Victims Of Bill Clinton / Doyin Okupe: Jonathan Didn't Take The Yoruba Race Seriously / Buhari Is A Failure & His Supporters Are Zombies - Sahara Reporters Owner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.