Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,784 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

Nairaland Says No To Secessionists - Politics (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists (669768 Views)

Senator Shehu Sani Has A Question For Secessionists? / To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better / Nigerian Secessionists Greet Trump As Help Against Muslim North- Reuters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (157) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by bidexiii: 4:00pm On Dec 10, 2015
Hmmmmm........there is fire on the mountain.......
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by oyeah786(m): 4:01pm On Dec 10, 2015
I knew this wud happen am not surprised to hear this, but come to think of this they have been trying from time immemorial to suppress us and we still find a way and managed to stand up till now, then what can't we achieve now if we stay focused. You guys can do whatever you want to Biafrans in nairaland but their will always be a way maybe BIAFRALAND forum might come you never know. You guys have been dealing with us right from time
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by steppin: 4:01pm On Dec 10, 2015
Opiosko:

Lolz! No one threatened him jor.
Suen has always been and will remain a classless soul.
pity the poor brute.
I agree with you, no one threatened the weirdo... He was bullied in school while growing up and he thinks the best way to deal with it is to take it out on his forum members.
Who on his sane mind would leave a thread like this open, if not that he enjoys seeing people fight one another?
What a coward! Seun should get a shrink and keep him on retainer.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by cirmuell(m): 4:01pm On Dec 10, 2015
ngmgeek:
Seun. You better run and verify this with your lawyers because you can be sued big time. Be careful before you lose all your hard earned money because of this Biafran thing. Play smart on this one cheesy
why u mumu like this na? cheesy Sued 4 what exactly?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by megabyte2(f): 4:02pm On Dec 10, 2015
vladimiros:

[size=13pt]It pains me because you just stopped the senate from censoring the social media

meanwhile Seun is doing what his colleagues fought against
[/size]
ohh so you refer to this as Social Media Bill, what I understand about this is just that he wants peace to reign.
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by ilovecritics(m): 4:03pm On Dec 10, 2015
janellemonae:
I personally think this country should divide. I'm always disgusted by d tripe IgboS spew all over d internet. Why should I have to live in d same country wt them?

I think u should go wt wole Soyinka on this issue seun.

Peaceful dissolution is possible. Ecspecially when everyone is sick of each other as we so clearly are. Pple forget d hausas were d first to bring up seccession in d 60's, after nzeogwus coup. They wanted to leave.

The only problem I foresee wt peaceful dissolution is DT it will be replicated along tribal lines all over Africa. The west will not want DT.

Yes I wish. So you all can bomb yourselves to Change.
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Spicygal: 4:03pm On Dec 10, 2015
tobimillar:
Seun, whoever advised you, advised you wrongly. I want to believe it was lai Mohammed that prevailed on you. I am Yoruba and I believe that people should be able to express themselves. Read all my previous post, and understand me. I wonder why we yoruba's are scared of biafra. Seun, don't be the one to enforce decree 4 for FG

I agree that people should be free to express their opinion- devoid of hate speech but Stop saying this rubbish, Yoruba's aren't scared of Biafra.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by CaptainCodes(m): 4:03pm On Dec 10, 2015
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Nairaland loves Igbos and Niger Deltans very much. The thought of being separated from them for any reason is unbearable to us, so we have decided that we will reject any attempt by anyone to use Nairaland to promote the idea of removing Igbos and Niger Deltans from Nigeria.

We have updated rule 9 of Nairaland to reflect this decision. It now says:

I'd like to urge all Nairaland members to respect and obey rule 9. Mynd44 is in charge of enforcing it. If you break this rule, you'll be banned.

Thanks,
Seun (Founder Of Nairaland).
With the rate of comments coming in, this is just to show that there are more Igbos on this forum, or maybe the yorubas aren't ready to comment.

But left to me, I think this is a good decision. We are clamouring for freedom of rights now, and yet when we get to from of military or even technocrats or better still, popular politicians body guard, we shut up.

Sometimes, when freedom of speech abuses its purpose, the best thing is to control it, and in this scenario, Seun did the best.

Note:
I am indifferent about Biafra, whether or not the igbo people leave, Nigeria would remain Nigeria, but for sanity to remain on this forum, I think this is a wise decision.

Kudos, egbon.
My respect for you just elevated.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 10, 2015
sonofananimal:
when you show a Yoruba man a knife, he will piss and worship you because he fear his own life.
seun is just responding to that knife. someone has shown him a knife.

TYPICAL YORUBA MAN!

You just concluded the matter.

SEUN is under influence of something big.. .very very Big.. .beyond his grasp or control.

It's just unfortunate he is Yoruba.. .they bow easily to presure.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by fairprince(m): 4:05pm On Dec 10, 2015
REDDEVILS1:
Threads like this make me wish there was a dislike button here. Believe me am a pure Igbo man frm Enugu State to be precise. I don't believe in the Biafra cause but Seun shud nt gag pple frm expressing their beliefs. This is totally uncalled for and sometimes the hatred for igbos justify the call for Biafra. I believe if it was the Yourbas were the ones hoping to be on their own, Seun wudnt do this

You are spot on! I had never bothered about the Biafra struggle all along. But what Seun did now has made the Biafra agitation even more popular on nairaland. Methinks I will start talking about Biafra now! Seun just reminded me.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by vladimiros: 4:05pm On Dec 10, 2015
ketchupBoy:
[size=14pt]SEUN

if you join the protest agianst the bill to censor the Social; Media in Nigeria

then you are a fvcking hypocrite
[/size]

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Nobody: 4:05pm On Dec 10, 2015
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Nairaland loves Igbos and Niger Deltans very much. The thought of being separated from them for any reason is unbearable to us, so we have decided that we will reject any attempt by anyone to use Nairaland to promote the idea of removing Igbos and Niger Deltans from Nigeria.

We have updated rule 9 of Nairaland to reflect this decision. It now says:

I'd like to urge all Nairaland members to respect and obey rule 9. Mynd44 is in charge of enforcing it. If you break this rule, you'll be banned.

Thanks,
Seun (Founder Of Nairaland).
...Nairaland needs not ban Biafran agitators, let them go to war with Nigeria - what happened in the 1st Biafra war will be a child's play to the current meaningless agitation....

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Opiosko: 4:05pm On Dec 10, 2015
commitcrime:

Seun lock this thread
Mynd44 wake up
Lalasticlala ishilove
Someone lock this thread

grin grin
Lolz!...But why do you want the thread to be locked down?
I think it's necessary for Seun to know how idiotic he is.
Using despotic mentality in 21st century management?
I have never commented or have anything to say about the pro Biafra protest..
Someone should tell the classless soul that this is the age of ideals and a superior ideal/argument is what is needed in a situation like this.
Seun you have a primitive mentality. Pls ban me. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Allosaurus: 4:05pm On Dec 10, 2015
StPete:

Bia, do you hav to involve someone's mom wen you're uttering ur words? And can't one have her own opinions again?
I have my reasons for insulting her. That girl is a dirty troll! You need to read her ugly posts about Igbos

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by vladimiros: 4:06pm On Dec 10, 2015
megabyte2:
ohh so you refer to this as Social Media Bill, what I understand about this is just that he wants peace to reign.

yes, this is it exactly..

CENSORSHIP
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Drfinn: 4:06pm On Dec 10, 2015
Dear Mr Seun(Founder, NAIRALAND),
Thank you for creating a forum where Nigerians, and others irrespective of location, religion, tribe, socioeconomic status or other affiliations could interact. This singular act has earned you a place among Nigeria's greats.

However, your latest post though patriotic in nature may seem shallow in the light of logic. I may not understand the depth of your love for country and commitment to her continued existence, but to allow such 'patriotic zeal' to overshadow the freedom of expression, association and other fundamental human rights is illogical.

Though your decision on nairaland is binding and unquestionable, and which in all sincerity should not please all, decision making must be a well thought one. You barely gave cogent reason(s) in your post other than patriotism. Please be reminded that the Arab spring and other new age 'revolutions' started on social media. Your stand on this Biafra issue and others in my opinion should be one of fostering unity in diversity through the instruments of dialogue, compromise and maturity, etc. It's called fair processes.

I am not asking you to rescind on your decision. It takes a real man to make one. Am on appealing for caution in the enforcement of this new rule. I believe you, the moderators and other Patriots could better use this forum to enlighten our Biafra agitators on the need for us to remain United. You may not win in this 'war'(no one ever wins in an argument), however, someday posterity will remember you for the true patriot you are. I remain loyal to the terms of engagement on Nairaland. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by repogirl(f): 4:06pm On Dec 10, 2015
cirmuell:
don't give it a second thought bruh, just go right ahead and deactivate ur account. grin
.....I don't remember asking your permission to do so..... undecided
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by danbrowndmf(m): 4:06pm On Dec 10, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
Correct guy. grin
How will I now be an immigrant in Nigeria? angryImpossicant! Even Phyno won't agree to leave Olamide and come to Biafra...

Threads that promote one Nigeria should thrive on our homepage, not otherwise.
Some people are getting it twisted already, feel free to promote your tribe _ I think the problem here is doing it at the detriment of national unity.

Why are some people pained, if it pains you too much_open Biafraland...Seun is a NIGERIAN, you don't expect him to promote anything that threatens his country's unity!
Haba!

#TeamOneNigeria
*continues chatting with Yoruba boyfriend* lols tongue
* at chatting with yoruba boyfriend*

****Laugh & fall inside erosion****
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by kkboy(m): 4:07pm On Dec 10, 2015
Necessity is the mother of invention
Biafraland loading
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by vladimiros: 4:07pm On Dec 10, 2015
Seun should read Malcolm X books

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by speeder(m): 4:07pm On Dec 10, 2015
Neutrality should have been your best suit. Any discourse can be tendered for a public forum. If the protest was illegal, your stance would have been logical, but it isn't. To cap it all, the Topic you used is infuriating. Anyways, it's your forum. Do what you deem best.
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by finalboss(m): 4:08pm On Dec 10, 2015
WarDrum:

You just concluded the matter.

SEUN is under influence of something big.. .very very Big.. .beyond his grasp or control.

It's just unfortunate he is Yoruba.. .they bow easily to presure.
reread what you just typed.. Well this shows how your brain his functioning, for your info...yoruba people are wise.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by EmmaElite: 4:08pm On Dec 10, 2015
WHAT ARE U STILL WAITING FOR. IS BETTER U START FROM ME. DISASSOCIATE ME FIRST BECAUSE nothing can stop me from preaching BIAFRA. NAIRALAND MY FOOT. BIAFRA IS MY BELIEVE N MY LIFESTYLE. U CAN GO TO HELL I DNT CARE. STUPIDITY....

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by megabyte2(f): 4:09pm On Dec 10, 2015
vladimiros:

yes, this is it exactly..

CENSORSHIP
hmmmm lipsrsealed
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by bidexiii: 4:09pm On Dec 10, 2015
Adebowaletunji:

U DONT GET ME...BUT B4 I COMMENT,ARE U A FELLOW YORUBA?
WHY AM ASKING IS BC AM A YORUBA FROM ONDO BUT HAVE AN IGALA MOTHER BUT I HAVE LIVED ALL MY LIFE IN ABUJA....LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENED TO US...ie MY STATE IN PARTICULAR WHEN CHIEF FALAE WAS KIDNAPPED AND WE YORUBAS THREATENED SECESSION BC WE DIDINT LIKE IT AND NOW ONE OF THEIR OWN NNAMDI KANU IS BEEN DETAINED AND JUST BC WE ARE YORUBAS AND NOT IGBO WE SHOULD SUPPORT EVIL.?

I WILL RATHER REMAIN ALONE WITH MY IDEAS

I also lived all my life in KADUNA and am a yoruba. What happens to falae? And YORUBAS never threatened secession. Do you know what happened to falae ; " A man was captured and eventually released after huge ransom was paid his farm was destroyed and his life being threatened....how people have being kidnapped like falae and most not lucky like falae because they are not wealthy and there farms and property destroyed by herbs men in places like iseyin I know of very well?

So you want him to keep his mouth shot till all his family and property his destroyed and his that what you call SECESSION.......
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 10, 2015
finalboss:
your parent..if you do you wont mention mine in a foolish way..just how stupid you are..

I was just asking..boy.

Wake up or grow up..

This forum is faceless boy.

Wardrum can feed your hunger stricken parents. Stupiddo!
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by FuckTheMod: 4:09pm On Dec 10, 2015
warrior01:
You go ban tire na. So what happens to freedom of expression and beliefs? So Yorubas are free to aspire and promote their Odua beliefs and Hausas, Arewa but Igbos of course are to be banned to talk or aspire for their beliefs in Biafra. Highly disappointed in you Seun.

What stops you from coming up with a superior argument why they should remain in Nigeria? Why are you so scared to discuss Biafra? Must we all have the same line of thoughts or intellectual discourse? I reject being or tagged a zombie where a fellow man will dictate what I discuss.
Then fùck off nairaland

Delete your account

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by finalboss(m): 4:09pm On Dec 10, 2015
EmmaElite:
WHAT ARE U STILL WAITING FOR. IS BETTER U START FROM ME. DISASSOCIATE ME FIRST BECAUSE nothing can stop me from preaching BIAFRA. NAIRALAND MY FOOT. BIAFRA IS MY BELIEVE N MY LIFESTYLE. U CAN GO TO HELL I DNT CARE. STUPIDITY....
son how old are you ??
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by imperiouxx(m): 4:10pm On Dec 10, 2015
Eledan:

See your life! You should face your books and leave NL alone.

grin that was a mistype from the poor igbo boy. "i" is beside "o"
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by steppin: 4:10pm On Dec 10, 2015
Beremx:
me ban members? where you the one who made me a moderator?
Your post is very senseless!

Don't quote me again because you won't get a reply .
It's a pity your dumb little brain couldn't get the joke.. Stop complaining, you're in no position to do so. Enjoy the change while it lasts.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by BurukutuMallam: 4:10pm On Dec 10, 2015
Now I know what the outcome of Mr Lie Lie Mohammed with bloggers are

But one thing is sure,Nobody can stop that which em time don reach

Unless the government at the center do the needful and resolve the problems and ensures equity and fairness in this country , is just a matter of time this country must break
Is so unfortunate that once Biafra is mentioned majority of Hausa and Yorubas begin to flare up

Ask your self one question

Is there anything like one Nigeria in this country or just a political statement use by greedy politicians to the take advantage of some people while depriving them their God given natural gift

Seun you disappoint me gan!

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by baralatie(m): 4:10pm On Dec 10, 2015
grin
22 pages!
shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (157)

Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.