Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,615 members, 7,820,181 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Arranged Marriage Versus Personal Choice - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Arranged Marriage Versus Personal Choice (990 Views)

I Wish I Had An Arranged Marriage / Nigerian Ladies: 1961 Versus 2016 (pic) / Arranged Marriage For My Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arranged Marriage Versus Personal Choice by danton(m): 2:53pm On Dec 10, 2015
A lot of couples these days find love through their own personal choice, by meeting people with shared interests, beliefs, and values either at work, at school, or at play. Along the line, they date, court and then decide if they are right for each other and if they can agree to live together and maybe get married.

Arranged marriage on the other hand involves the parents and relatives of those involved. Most times, there's marriage on the cards from the get go and it often happens within a short time after meeting. I want to think that these days, arranged marriages may involve some coercion and pressure but not force.

I have found that younger people are more gung-ho about making their own personal choice, but the older a man or a woman gets, especially if they have made the rounds of their social and dating circle with no luck, the more likely they are to be open to an arrangement by their parents or older relatives to meet new people and get married quickly.

What do you think? Which has more pros in your opinion?

Re: Arranged Marriage Versus Personal Choice by Cutehector(m): 3:05pm On Dec 10, 2015
I think both hav their own problems..but its better to choose for yourself tho.. Hence marriage by personal choice still remains the best
Re: Arranged Marriage Versus Personal Choice by IamLEGEND1: 3:19pm On Dec 10, 2015
You trippin bruh?
Ain't nobody got time for arranged marriages.
Re: Arranged Marriage Versus Personal Choice by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 10, 2015
Personal choice has more pros
Re: Arranged Marriage Versus Personal Choice by Lovelynature(m): 4:25pm On Dec 10, 2015
Arranged marriage ke?
Re: Arranged Marriage Versus Personal Choice by Lovelynature(m): 4:28pm On Dec 10, 2015
Who is still doing arranged marriage nowadays? Everybody prefer to choose by himself and that's the best. My opinion though
Re: Arranged Marriage Versus Personal Choice by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 10, 2015
M actually waiting to see who will arrange marriage for me
Re: Arranged Marriage Versus Personal Choice by ssoftappless(m): 5:00pm On Dec 10, 2015
Well 100% of arrange marriages are successful, while only 20% of choice marriages are successful, d rest percentage are divorces.
Re: Arranged Marriage Versus Personal Choice by sunnyt1(m): 8:05pm On Dec 10, 2015
Experience, research and analysis has shown that for 30+ singles, matured single or anyone who sway through service year without a serious relationship, a referal kind of relationship is strongly recommended.

The reason is, the time constraint wouldnt permit you to treat relationships properly and the chances of mistake and vulnerability is high. The middle person, if honest enough would know both of you so should know the best paring and compatibility

These days personal choice inclined relationship has registered a monumental degree of failure.

(1) (Reply)

I Am A Little Slut Looking For Some Extra Cock. / See What A Married Woman Did To A Husband Snatcher / This Instagram Pic had Caused A Big Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.