Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,963 members, 7,952,882 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:44 AM

Dokpesi: Efcc Uses Money Laundering Charge To Satisfy Fg - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dokpesi: Efcc Uses Money Laundering Charge To Satisfy Fg (585 Views)

Dokpesi’s Car After Assassins' Attack / $2bn Arms Deal: FG Slams 6-count Money Laundering Charge Against Dokpesi / Diezani: Three More Ex-ministers Risk Arrest For Graft, Money Laundering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dokpesi: Efcc Uses Money Laundering Charge To Satisfy Fg by Alxmyr(m): 5:56pm On Dec 10, 2015
''You can see what is going on with Arms Deal under Sambo Dasuki. How they turn National Security Adviser's office into National Sharing Adviser's office. You have been deafening silent on this.''

''As I have always maintained, anyone culpable of breeching public trust, looting of our commonwealth and corruptly enriching himself and his cohorts should be made to face the full weight of the law.''

''Then you support Baba to jail Jonathan.''

''If President Goodluck Jonathan is found culpable, I am sure he will not object his own trial.''

''Are you saying he is not guilty of corruption?''

''Let them bring up the charge first and prosecute him and any other persons.''

''That is what they are doing.''

''Then he is innocent until they are able to do that. By the way, what charge was pressed against Chief Raymond Dokpesi?''

''I don't know, but I read they charge him for money laundering.''

''That means they are not trying him for corruption, they are charging him for the documentary AIT showed during the campaign.''

''Don't twist this, Alex. The man collected N2.1 Bee.''

''So why can't they charge him for illegal collection of N2.1 Bee? Why can't they charge him with criminal collection of looted fund? Why can't they charge him for corruptly, deceitfully or stealing of N2.1 Bee?''

''I am not the lawyer and I know you are not a lawyer so I am not in the best place to answer that.''

''The truth, my friend, is that EFCC has nothing to charge Chief Dokpesi for?''

''How dare you say that?''

''Every Nigerian that has, is or will transact money above N1 million can be charged with money laundering even when you genuinely do your business. Money laundering charge in Nigeria is very porous and often time become the last resort of EFCC when they don't have anything on you and must satisfy political desire of their pay master.''

"Alex, that is untrue. Only the corrupt people in our society that have eaten our commonwealth yams that are being slammed with that charge and not innocent Nigerian like myself.’’

"That is your wish, my friend. But that law says, when you transact above N1 million, you report the transaction to EFCC with details of the person(s) that you transacted the money with. If you fail to do that, you are guilty already.’’

"I know that.’’

"So, the statement of the law being fluid applies to every Nigerian that transacts above N 1 million and fails to report same to EFCC. It is potent tool in the hands of EFCC when they want to nail you ‘by fire by force’.

"As far as I am concerned, the story around this ‘Arms Deal’ is annoyingly one-sided and out-rightly emotional. I want to see the main culprit, Col Sambo Dasuki goes on trial, I want to hear his defence, I want to see details of how he disburse $2.1 Billion. I want to see everyone alleged defend themselves and I want to see the convicted going to jail.

"My position, I object in strong term, the attempt by the Federal Government to try Dasuki secretly. Dasuki must go on trial publicly. And that is the wish to Dasuki.”

http://believeafrica.net/dokpesi-efcc-uses-money-laundering-charge-to-satisfy-fg-p744-94.htm

(1) (Reply)

Dilapidated Infrastructure, Consequences Of Corruption - Buhari / Which Is The Most Shameful Public Misconduct By A Nigerian In 2015. / Nigeria New Head Of State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.