Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,636 members, 7,813,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:58 AM

Bastian Schweinsteiger Handed A Three Match Ban By The English FA - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Bastian Schweinsteiger Handed A Three Match Ban By The English FA (556 Views)

Kanu Nwankwo Goes On Tour With English FA Cup Trophy / Ifeanyi Ubah, Gets 10-match Ban, N2.5 Million Fine For Slapping Goalkeeper / Chelsea 'extremely Disappointed' By Diego Costa's Three-match Ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bastian Schweinsteiger Handed A Three Match Ban By The English FA by khattab02: 8:36pm On Dec 10, 2015
Manchester United midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger will be banned for three games after accepting a Football Association of violent conduct.

He was charged after catching West Ham's Winston Reid with his left arm as they waited for a Free-kick in Saturday's draw at Old Trafford which ended 0-0.

Schweinsteiger, 31, will miss games against Bournemouth, Norwich City, and Stoke City, and will return in time to play Chelsea.

The referee Mark Clattenburg spoke to both players after the incident, but did not mention it is his post- match report.

A panel of former elite referee reviewed the incident on video and Independently rule that it was a sent off.

Reid has this to say following the incident, ''He knows what he's done- he's elbowed me in the face.''

West Ham manager Slaven Bilic said it was ''a clear red-card, a straight red card without any doubts''.

He added:''it was a moment of madness. He deserved to be sent off, but the referee told me he didn't see it. Fair enough, I believe it. It was an elbow''.

Source:BBC.com/football

With boring boring results and draws, and injuries setting in now, the last thing Man united would have wanted.

# e don be for Man U!
Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger Handed A Three Match Ban By The English FA by SurefireAsoOke: 9:23pm On Dec 10, 2015
WOW

For Aso-Oke, check my signature

(1) (Reply)

Top Players Who Have Become Managers - / Van Gaal Gats Go!!! / David Moyes Is Coming To Nigeria To Support Yobo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.