Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,879 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Election - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Election (7543 Views)

David Umahi Tours Waste Recycling Plant Said To Be The Biggest In Nigeria (Photo / Supreme Court Upholds Umahi's Election As Ebonyi Governor / Tribunal Upholds Umahi’s Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Election by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 11, 2015
gsport:
It good for democracy, now the winner should embark on people orientated program not the propaganda that has being going on,and learn to trust other people with responsibility not just his brothers Roy,austine etc it will not be long people will draw conclusion and start waiting for pay back time,the next election the thing dave will bring to bear is performance,no more federal might and a popular candidate of apc will be a hard one for dave,just for emphasis imaging apc present ugo for Governor aka Dr ogbonnay onu, I think he will become unstoppable given the change at the centre,onu vote will be protect as his personality will earn him more vote than pdp and there candidate together before his party effort but if he fail to run,perhaps dave will do second term.
If Onu runs in 2019 under APC. He will defeat Dave. The both are from the same village at Uburu.

Onu enjoys federal might which has always been helping Governors win election in Ebonyi since creation, add that to Onu's calmness and technoratic ability and Dave might be a goner.

Dave is just smarter anyway and that is why he has been so nice and respectful and boy boy to Onu, even attending his book launch at Abuja few days ago.

Congratulations to Dave, his victory was expected.

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Election by Amberon: 4:30pm On Dec 11, 2015
Umahi was my neighbor for several years before they moved out. His wife was too friendly and liked me.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Election by Nobody: 5:56pm On Dec 11, 2015
congrats Mr Governor, so now you can begin to reason my matter oooo, the outstanding 7months allawee ur owing myself and other C14 medical copas.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Election by gsport: 9:48pm On Dec 11, 2015
Largas:

If Onu runs in 2019 under APC. He will defeat Dave. The both are from the same village at Uburu.

Onu enjoys federal might which has always been helping Governors win election in Ebonyi since creation, add that to Onu's calmness and technoratic ability and Dave might be a goner.

Dave is just smarter anyway and that is why he has been so nice and respectful and boy boy to Onu, even attending his book launch at Abuja few days ago.

Congratulations to Dave, his victory was expected.
1 wish onu run and for the first time people will come out and vote a natural born leader ebonyi has being unluck when it come to governor.
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Election by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 11, 2015
gsport:
1 wish onu run and for the first time people will come out and vote a natural born leader ebonyi has being unluck when it come to governor.

Umahi has no federal might this time so by 2019 only his works will speak for him, only his works will campaign for him because he has no Abuja to help him.

He is paying salaries on time quiet alright and is not owing anybody but he slashed the minimum wage and instituted the old salary scheme and at the same time taxing business men and women heavily, his reason being short of oil price and allocation from Abuja.

I dont think the civil servants whose salaries he slashed would vote for him, I dont think the marketers he taxes heavily would vote for him, even his Uburu people where he and Onu come from prefer Onu to him.
What worked for Dave in 2015 was federal might and the only thing that will work for him in 2019 will be his works.

If he were wise, he would better sit up and learn from Fashola how to govern a state effectively without Abuja assistance cause if he messes up and Onu wins in 2019, he will be probed from heaven to hell, trust APC and GMB na.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Election by Babyphinas(f): 7:11am On Dec 12, 2015
PDP WE KNOW IN EBONYI. if only Edon will rest the 9 corpses lying in FMC mortuary now courtesy of him.
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Election by plendil: 5:20pm On Dec 13, 2015
Good to hear.

The man is really working. Despite the dwindling funds, road rehabiliation, street-lights repair, prompt payment of salaries, etc.

I am really, really impressed. Hope he keeps it up.

One really begins to wonder what Elechi was doing during his tenure. At a point it became so bad there was hardly a motorable road in the city centre

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Election by plendil: 5:21pm On Dec 13, 2015
Babyphinas:
PDP WE KNOW IN EBONYI. if only Edon will rest the 9 corpses lying in FMC mortuary now courtesy of him.

how is it Edon's fault? From what I heard they were APC members
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Election by Babyphinas(f): 9:07am On Dec 16, 2015
plendil:

how is it Edon's fault? From what I heard they were APC members
Let him accept defeat and stop taking people around in the name of going to court. Not only APC members I know a Labour party member in their midst at least I was at the hospital when they brought the corpse at least I saw them.
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Election by Uncleodi(m): 6:08pm On Dec 17, 2015
Congratulations to Dave, Eku-bara-oha!

His transformation agenda is very laudable...all the dark zones in Abakaliki city is now wearing a good face lift!

He should just endeavour to complete the PermSite end of the Enugu/Ai express way that Elechi abandoned for 8 years.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Owolabo Adelami: Aboola's Defection Not A Threat To APC In Ondo / Fairness Is Key To Ending The Killings In Nigeria – Shehu Sani / Minimum Wage: How Ghost Workers, Pension Mafias Compound States’ Nightmares

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.