Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,019 members, 7,838,560 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout (36185 Views)

Huge Turtle Captured In Famgbe Yenagoa, Bayelsa State (Photos) / Nigerians Butcher Giant Turtle At Seme (Photos) / Giant Turtle Crawls Into Man's Compound In Bayelsa State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout by Wallade(m): 6:35pm On Dec 11, 2015
Nice one
Re: The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout by refiner(f): 6:35pm On Dec 11, 2015
u bought it for 17k? hnmmmmm.....very rare
Re: The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout by salaboiz(m): 6:39pm On Dec 11, 2015
weldone, u try
Re: The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout by lonelydora: 6:43pm On Dec 11, 2015
Good one.

According to Reuben Abati

"Look, I can swear that if you open some people’s stomachs in this country, what you will find is a zoo: lions, grasshoppers, horses, cats, rats, snakes, dogs, rabbits, antelopes, crocodiles, birds, elephants, extinct animals, disappearing species, anything that can serve the gut, and ginger the taste buds"

2 Likes

Re: The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout by 4nobody4every1: 6:56pm On Dec 11, 2015
lonelydora:
Good one.

According to Reuben Abati

"Look, I can swear that if you open some people’s stomachs in this country, what you will find is a zoo: lions, grasshoppers, horses, cats, rats, snakes, dogs, rabbits, antelopes, crocodiles, birds, elephants, extinct animals, disappearing species, anything that can serve the gut, and ginger the taste buds"
l read it too, very brilliant article grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout by Plus234(m): 7:00pm On Dec 11, 2015
this small tin, 17k ??
Re: The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout by Baroba(m): 7:00pm On Dec 11, 2015
God bless you real good, to spend your own money in rescuing a marine animal says a lot about our attitude towards conservation..

May the Lord replenish you a thousand fold..

2 Likes

Re: The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout by adeoladeola(f): 7:01pm On Dec 11, 2015
Very nice of you, may God reward you in hundredths of fold. Thanks for sharing, it's an eye opener and a lesson for others. Kudos to you Bro.

2 Likes

Re: The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout by swaggprofessor(m): 7:01pm On Dec 11, 2015
Who save who. U see pple wey dey tank God for the way e bless their pepper soup u dey talk rescue.
Re: The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout by adeoladeola(f): 7:03pm On Dec 11, 2015
kekakuz:
Parting with 17k to save a sea turtles is pure extravagant spending
You could use that money to us 2 bags of rice and take it to IDP camp and humanity will thank you
If you wana save something go save animal's flagged nearly extinct and note some weird turtle that can be found in their millions

Receive sense....

6 Likes

Re: The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout by Aarenasbaba(m): 7:04pm On Dec 11, 2015
How I wish she new what you av done for her angry sad poor gentle animal

1 Like

Re: The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout by badesco(m): 7:04pm On Dec 11, 2015
God bless you guys.
Re: The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout by lilmax(m): 7:07pm On Dec 11, 2015
YerYer:
I have always campaigned for conservation whenever I read those silly threads about some snake being killed. Good job OP, thanks to you and others like you, our children, grand children and other generations will continue to enjoy the diversity of animals on this planet. The wholly mammoth, dodo, sabre tooth tiger, emu etc all went extinct because humans hunted them to their demise. Can you imagine your grand children growing up knowing elephants and turtles in pictures only simple because this generation caused their extinction?

Be wise.
can you imagine your family being killed by a snake? If yes then you are on the right track

2 Likes

Re: The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout by ODUBEZE: 7:08pm On Dec 11, 2015
So where is the egg?
Re: The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout by YerYer: 7:11pm On Dec 11, 2015
lilmax:
can you imagine your family being killed by a snake? If yes then you are on the right track

Those are non poisonous snakes, they don't kill. Contrary to popular belief, only 25% of the different snake species are poisonous. Let's not make this about snakes, how about the folks killing elephants for their tursks? Or Nigerians killing endangered turtles and alligators for food?

2 Likes

Re: The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout by nduchucks: 7:12pm On Dec 11, 2015
@OP, if that is a sea turtle, why did you return it to a pond na? Please go and retrieve the sea turtle and dump it in the ocean.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout by claremont(m): 7:13pm On Dec 11, 2015
The Turtle belongs to the wild to roam freely, not the conservation park. @OP: What you did is commendable and different from the actions of a lot of Nigerians who would have possibly eaten it. If I were you, I would go back to the park at some point in the future to check that the Turtle is being well-catered for.
Re: The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout by hotdi(m): 7:19pm On Dec 11, 2015
Nice guy.
If na Warri guy found this, delicacy don show be dat.
Re: The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout by Wisdom2003: 7:24pm On Dec 11, 2015
kekakuz:
You could use that money to us 2 bags of rice and take it to IDP camp and humanity will thank you
If you wana save something go save animal's flagged nearly extinct and note some weird turtle that can be found in their millions

Re: The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout by Ikenna17(m): 7:37pm On Dec 11, 2015
kekakuz:
Please which one have you done?

3 Likes

Re: The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 11, 2015
I support killing of animals that are a threat to our lives. Example, snake.
Re: The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout by saintfizzo(m): 7:46pm On Dec 11, 2015
Na only soundcity dem sabi watch when their mates are watching NatGeoWild undecided
Re: The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout by bigx(m): 7:52pm On Dec 11, 2015
A breath of fresh air
Re: The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout by Bamz(m): 7:52pm On Dec 11, 2015
tourismlove,

Aww, Your thread has gotta be among the best in 2015. Your inclination is so un-Nigerian. Kudos mate. Keep it up.

Everyone, please preserve our ecology and keep the environment clean also.
Re: The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout by Bamz(m): 7:53pm On Dec 11, 2015
mordtonia:
I support killing of animals that are a threat to our lives. Example, snake.

How can a snake ( a crawling reptile) be a threat to you (a super predator)? Have you seen the food chain recently? Did anything change in it?

Please be guided

1 Like

Re: The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout by ambrosedmax(m): 7:55pm On Dec 11, 2015
Op can you lend me 10k, I'll pay in 7days pls, its urgent though, wann use the money to complete my money for some really disturbing issues, its private tho"
Re: The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout by 4tune490(m): 7:58pm On Dec 11, 2015
Word
kekakuz:
Re: The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout by Plus234(m): 8:01pm On Dec 11, 2015
ambrosedmax:
Op can you lend me 10k, I'll pay in 7days pls, its urgent though, wann use the money to complete my money for some really disturbing issues, its private tho"

ok now, Op over to you

1 Like

Re: The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout by newpisces: 8:19pm On Dec 11, 2015
Believe me, u did an exceedingly good and great thing. God bless you.
The moral of the issue is not only in ur mind at conserving rare species, but in ur good mind and the extent u can go to inconvenient urself for the convenience of anoda, in this case an animal.
Kudos.

1 Like

Re: The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout by newpisces: 8:22pm On Dec 11, 2015
kekakuz:

You have no right to judge him. At least he has done something, even if it's an animal he saved, it showed a good heart.
The question you should ask urself is if u will save even an human being if u hold a free 17k at hand.

2 Likes

Re: The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout by stevLegend: 8:26pm On Dec 11, 2015
Abeg, help me carry this one go give dem. Em missed road.

1 Like

Re: The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 11, 2015
I don't know u but I want to thank u very well for saving that turtle from those hungry hoboes am very happy that we still have people like you in this country (Nigerian that think like a European) with people like u around, the animals in Nigeria will have a bright future may God grant you long life God Bless You keep saving them

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bashar Aliyu Designs Cars With Local Materials Photos / 11 Animals With Violent Sex Lives / A Python Snake Killed By A Nairalander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.