Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,676 members, 7,837,502 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout (36184 Views)

Huge Turtle Captured In Famgbe Yenagoa, Bayelsa State (Photos) / Nigerians Butcher Giant Turtle At Seme (Photos) / Giant Turtle Crawls Into Man's Compound In Bayelsa State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout by DanielGb(m): 12:37am On Dec 12, 2015
so what next after this?
Re: The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout by Kirinwa: 2:19am On Dec 12, 2015
Op pishur of the egg or Idonbilivit.

Besides: End Time Turtle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout by Pwhitelaw(m): 2:19am On Dec 12, 2015
So if I come across a snake that can strike and kill me I should keep looking like a dummy because I want to conserve it.... Op it seems u studied zoology... I laugh.
Re: The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout by Kirinwa: 2:30am On Dec 12, 2015
kekakuz:
Parting with 17k to save a sea turtles is pure extravagant spending
You could use that money to us 2 bags of rice and take it to IDP camp and humanity will thank you
If you wana save something go save animal's flagged nearly extinct and note some weird turtle that can be found in their millions

Oh God dash this mumu sense I beg!
Re: The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout by Nobody: 2:38am On Dec 12, 2015
Na my house I for carry am go

I trust we edo guys

Edo boys dey here? grin
Re: The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout by kekakuz(m): 5:47am On Dec 12, 2015
PAGAN9JA:

Ill fvck ur mother bi.tch illiterate scum of Earth.
Dude you crazy Wtf is your problem Foool
Re: The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout by Souljaboi1: 7:26am On Dec 12, 2015
diegwu01:
OP, 10 gbosas for you. What if the Turtle had turned into a Fat women inside your car, wetin you for do?

Dyt, another werey 101%. grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout by topzybabs: 8:16am On Dec 12, 2015
tourismlove:
My Boss and I were returning from a retreat at one of the hotels in Lekki when we saw a group of young men with a huge Sea turtle at the roundabout close to Chevron. At first we decided to ignore this scene and drive on but the thought of what would become of the turtle if it got into the wrong hands wouldn’t let us be. So we decided to turn around and discuss with these young men. We asked what they wanted to do with the turtle and they said they wanted to sell it. We asked how much, and was told 20,000naira, we were able to negotiate the price with them and beat it down to 17,000naira.
At this point the turtle was looking very weak and tired, so we put her in the car and started driving. We considered returning her to the sea or taking her to Lekki conservation centre; but for the fact that she acted very weak and lethargic and this would only make her an easy prey for larger animals in the Sea, we decided to go with the latter option.
While wondering what could have made her return to land, even to the extent of getting captured, pop! she dropped an egg right there in the car. Apparently she was pregnant and only came to land to lay her eggs.
While driving to Lekki Conservation Centre, we decided to call someone over there to inform them of our coming but we were told that they have a strict acceptance policy which prohibits people from bringing animals to the centre. This I found very absurd and annoying; considering the fact that we were donating the turtle for free, not like we were requesting for any money from them. The fear that the new animal to be introduced might carry germs or diseases and infect other animals could be properly dealt with, simply by quarantining the new animal for a period of time and taking other preventive measures.
We ended up taking the turtle to Lufasi Park in Lekki were she was gladly accepted.

Main Point
We continue killing, maiming and hurting almost all the animals we find in our environment. Anytime I come online to nairaland, there is always a topic that looks like the “see the animal that a nairalander killed in his room, house, compound, school etc”. It would either be a snake, alligator, squirrel, deer etc. You never see a topic like “see the animal a nairalander captured and is returning to the zoo”. The mere fact you could kill it means you could also capture it and take it to the zoo, park or reserve. It is just inhumane, unfair and wicked to keep killing all the animals we find in our environment. There would be a time when all these animals would be gone in Nigeria; what then do you want the generations yet unborn to see.

Sorry for the quality of the pictures

Good job and kudos to you @Op, I think the Lekki conservation center response to such a wise and patriotic behavior is bad and should be address too. What do they stand for if such offer was bluntly rejected by them even when there are 1001 things they could have done to save the turtle.
Re: The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout by fowowe411: 8:22am On Dec 12, 2015
kekakuz:
Parting with 17k to save a sea turtles is pure extravagant spending
You could use that money to us 2 bags of rice and take it to IDP camp and humanity will thank you
If you wana save something go save animal's flagged nearly extinct and note some weird turtle that can be found in their millions
When was the last time you even helped someone with ordinary recharge card? Hypocritical Nigerians!
Re: The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout by kekakuz(m): 8:26am On Dec 12, 2015
fowowe411:
When was the last time you even helped someone with ordinary recharge card? Hypocritical Nigerians!

As I speak two IDPs are outside my house Washing my clothes
It's the least I can do
What can you
Re: The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout by GooseBaba: 8:28am On Dec 12, 2015
forexbinary:
If you finger mistakenly enter that turtle nyash, you go know say khaki no be leather angry angry

You never see where that animal dey wicked person.. sad

End time animal cry cry

LMAO..!!! Which kind mistake normal person hand go take enter tortoise yansh.... Bros talk true you go finger tortoise..... grin no such mistake...
Re: The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:19am On Dec 12, 2015
kekakuz:

Dude you crazy
Wtf is your problem
Foool

Come suck my d.ick u piece of shyt.
Re: The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout by Plus234(m): 11:58am On Dec 12, 2015
PAGAN9JA:

are u a gay ?
Re: The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout by kekakuz(m): 12:15pm On Dec 12, 2015
PAGAN9JA:

Where the dickk at So small I can't find it
Re: The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout by kekakuz(m): 12:18pm On Dec 12, 2015
Plus234:

are u a gay ?
The low life be confusing me with his fellow borehole assed niggors
Re: The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout by Nobody: 1:36pm On Dec 12, 2015
tourismlove:
My Boss and I were returning from a retreat at one of the hotels in Lekki when we saw a group of young men with a huge Sea turtle at the roundabout close to Chevron. At first we decided to ignore this scene and drive on but the thought of what would become of the turtle if it got into the wrong hands wouldn’t let us be. So we decided to turn around and discuss with these young men. We asked what they wanted to do with the turtle and they said they wanted to sell it. We asked how much, and was told 20,000naira, we were able to negotiate the price with them and beat it down to 17,000naira.
At this point the turtle was looking very weak and tired, so we put her in the car and started driving. We considered returning her to the sea or taking her to Lekki conservation centre; but for the fact that she acted very weak and lethargic and this would only make her an easy prey for larger animals in the Sea, we decided to go with the latter option.
While wondering what could have made her return to land, even to the extent of getting captured, pop! she dropped an egg right there in the car. Apparently she was pregnant and only came to land to lay her eggs.
While driving to Lekki Conservation Centre, we decided to call someone over there to inform them of our coming but we were told that they have a strict acceptance policy which prohibits people from bringing animals to the centre. This I found very absurd and annoying; considering the fact that we were donating the turtle for free, not like we were requesting for any money from them. The fear that the new animal to be introduced might carry germs or diseases and infect other animals could be properly dealt with, simply by quarantining the new animal for a period of time and taking other preventive measures.
We ended up taking the turtle to Lufasi Park in Lekki were she was gladly accepted.

Main Point
We continue killing, maiming and hurting almost all the animals we find in our environment. Anytime I come online to nairaland, there is always a topic that looks like the “see the animal that a nairalander killed in his room, house, compound, school etc”. It would either be a snake, alligator, squirrel, deer etc. You never see a topic like “see the animal a nairalander captured and is returning to the zoo”. The mere fact you could kill it means you could also capture it and take it to the zoo, park or reserve. It is just inhumane, unfair and wicked to keep killing all the animals we find in our environment. There would be a time when all these animals would be gone in Nigeria; what then do you want the generations yet unborn to see.

Sorry for the quality of the pictures

This is so nice of you.The response from Lekki Conservative Centre is just a show of poor attitude toward work and lack of wisdom.( Maybe they don't know about quarantining of animals).

As a Warri guy,I will say " Twale" for you.
Re: The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout by BlackOnassis(m): 2:10pm On Dec 12, 2015
igboboy3:
You and your boss went for retreat in a hotel abi?

Coded gbenshing?? cheesy

sharp guy cheesy grin chop knuckle
Re: The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout by dozzy001(m): 2:27pm On Dec 12, 2015
Thinking of a conservator
Re: The Sea Turtle A Nairalander Saved At Chevron Roundabout by fowowe411: 4:38pm On Dec 13, 2015
kekakuz:

As I speak two IDPs are outside my house Washing my clothes
It's the least I can do
What can you
So you have to add to their misery ehn before you help? Not that I know whether it is true or just another meme... My point is

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bashar Aliyu Designs Cars With Local Materials Photos / 11 Animals With Violent Sex Lives / A Python Snake Killed By A Nairalander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.