Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Lexus RX300 Gear Box Problem. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lexus RX300 Gear Box Problem. (11332 Views)

Sienna Gear Box Problem / Nissan Maxima 2002 Model Brain Box Problem / Preventive Maintance Tips : Automatic Gear Box (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lexus RX300 Gear Box Problem. by Obajmedia: 8:05pm On Aug 21, 2019
MotorGuru:

one sure thing about failed knock sensors/ knock sensor circuits is the very obvious harsh shifting. @ Obajmedia, do you experience harsh shifting?
I don't experience hash shifting. Car drives normal at startup until I see the resolution going high to 3000rpm and keeps going up.
Reverse gear also perfect.
Re: Lexus RX300 Gear Box Problem. by weyreypey: 8:08pm On Aug 21, 2019
see the yeye kingreign was comparing mercedes
Re: Lexus RX300 Gear Box Problem. by Obajmedia: 8:10pm On Aug 21, 2019
MotorGuru:

Is your thermostat still installed?

Does your temperature gauge reach the middle at all (or does it ever move from the rest position)?

Usually, 4th gear will not engage in this transmission until the coolant temperature has reached a threshold (usually over 60 deg. C )

Most importantly, perform a scan on the vehicle and post the codes here, or on this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/4467277/motor-guru-here-ask-questions
ok I will run a scan pls thank you I appreciate
Re: Lexus RX300 Gear Box Problem. by kingreign(m): 9:03pm On Aug 21, 2019
Obajmedia:

I don't experience hash shifting. Car drives normal at startup until I see the resolution going high to 3000rpm and keeps going up.
Reverse gear also perfect.

I bet you have a TPS issue or Knock sensor problem. I know these cars like the back of my palm. Scan and post codes here let's guide you.
Re: Lexus RX300 Gear Box Problem. by kingreign(m): 9:03pm On Aug 21, 2019
weyreypey:
see the yeye kingreign was comparing mercedes
Comot for road make I see front.
Re: Lexus RX300 Gear Box Problem. by weyreypey: 9:09pm On Aug 21, 2019
kingreign:

Comot for road make I see front.

e pain am

1 Like

Re: Lexus RX300 Gear Box Problem. by kayphyzee(m): 9:55am On Aug 30, 2019
Obajmedia:
ok I will run a scan pls thank you I appreciate

I had this same issue earlier in the year. Got a p1725 code. Found out that a wire left unconnected by the previous owner. I found a gear technician who traced all the wiring and discovered what the problem was. I think you should scan it first before taking any further steps.
Re: Lexus RX300 Gear Box Problem. by charlicool: 4:34pm On Jan 15, 2020
Pls my RS 300 suddenly developed issue I just bought today the gear stopped entering parking sign
Re: Lexus RX300 Gear Box Problem. by Tservices: 4:51pm On Jan 15, 2020
Please visit this thread and help someone love-vendor his newly acquired Nigerian used 2000 Nigerian used Lexus RX 300
https://www.nairaland.com/5632461/how-one-install-activate-bluetooth
Re: Lexus RX300 Gear Box Problem. by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jan 15, 2020
charlicool:
Pls my RS 300 suddenly developed issue I just bought today the gear stopped entering parking sign
Japanese shitboxes again.... expensive shiit

1 Like

Re: Lexus RX300 Gear Box Problem. by alltrust(m): 1:07am On Jan 31, 2020
Hi, I just bought a used 1998 RX300. The engine is sound and gear box shifts normally. After driving for a while I noticed that I got into go slow, hold up or traffic light. The vehicle just struggles to move. I turn it of and start it up and the problem disappears. It has happened three times to me kingreign please help.
Re: Lexus RX300 Gear Box Problem. by KINGreignn: 3:22am On Jan 31, 2020
alltrust:
Hi, I just bought a used 1998 RX300. The engine is sound and gear box shifts normally. After driving for a while I noticed that I got into go slow, hold up or traffic light. The vehicle just struggles to move. I turn it of and start it up and the problem disappears. It has happened three times to me kingreign please help.
lets chat i can remotely assist you where ever you are. 07034581213
Re: Lexus RX300 Gear Box Problem. by KINGreignn: 3:23am On Jan 31, 2020
Smartchoiice:

Japanese shitboxes again.... expensive shiit
quit this pls, not nice.
Thanks for your understanding.
Re: Lexus RX300 Gear Box Problem. by Nobody: 6:28am On Jan 31, 2020
Inception good morning.
Re: Lexus RX300 Gear Box Problem. by Inception(m): 11:29am On Jan 31, 2020
Smartchoiice:
Inception good morning.

Good morning.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lexus RX300 Gear Box Problem. by Inception(m): 11:31am On Jan 31, 2020
alltrust:

This is a failing solenoid issue.

scan the car for codes and post it here.
Re: Lexus RX300 Gear Box Problem. by Odiluxury: 8:47am On Sep 25, 2023
I just bought rx300 4WD Nigerian used.
The car was working fine until I changed the front hub. After which, when I put it on reverse, the passenger front tyre will be dragging to move as if it hook. The mechanic changed the hub t the old one and same thing persist. And this makes the reverse to be dragging. And I also have "check engine light on the dashboard
Any advise please.
Re: Lexus RX300 Gear Box Problem. by sotwaredef: 7:04am On Nov 09, 2023
I am writing to share a cautionary tale about my recent experience with Chinozo G.O Merchants Limited and its proprietor, Chinonzo, whose contact numbers include +234903380638, +2349034100449, and +2348173341689. This warning extends to their branch office located at "Jesus is the Lord Block 18 Shop 18, Aguiyi Irons Int'l Trade Centre (Paramo), Ladipo, Mushin, Lagos," as well as their head office situated at "Jesus the Light of Salvation Block 20 Shop 7, Aguiyi Irons Int'l Trade Centre (Paramo), Ladipo, Mushin, Lagos."

Recently, I purchased a Lexus 350 gear from Chinozo G.O Merchants Limited at the price of 960,000. Unfortunately, the gear turned out to be defective, and the situation escalated when I discovered that Chinonzo had packaged and sold it to me despite being aware of the issues.

I engaged Mr. Emmanuel, a trusted engineer, to assess the situation, only to find that Chinozo G.O Merchants Limited's unethical practices extend to colluding with professionals in the field. Even at Ladipo, where trust is paramount, it appears that one cannot be too careful. Trust no one and always go there with different engineers.

Despite the gear coming with a warranty, Chinozo refused to honor it. When I requested a replacement, he declined and insisted I pay an additional 500,000 for the replacement, even within the warranty period. His sweet talk and saintly demeanor quickly vanished, revealing a less scrupulous side.

I write this message as a warning to the public—be cautious when dealing with Chinozo G.O Merchants Limited and its proprietor, Chinonzo. Do not trust their promises, and approach any transaction with them at your own risk. My aim is to prevent others from facing the difficulties I encountered.

Please share this message within your networks to protect fellow community members from potential scams and unscrupulous practices associated with Chinozo G.O Merchants Limited.

Thank you for your attention.

Best regards ooo.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Has Your Car Key Been Locked Inside Your Share Your Experience / Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? / Auto Maintenance Issues. How Often Have You:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.