Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,891 members, 7,828,148 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Meaning Of The Arabic Word On Nigerian Army Logo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meaning Of The Arabic Word On Nigerian Army Logo (118686 Views)

Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO / The Real Meaning Of The Nigerian Army Logo & How The Arabic Script Got There / On Arabic Inscription On Nigerian Army Logo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meaning Of The Arabic Word On Nigerian Army Logo by tonytony208(m): 7:37am On Dec 13, 2015
Mightymanna:
there is nothing wrong with it. after all we've been using latin and greek inscriptions.e.g aluta continua victory acerta but some people think that everything arabic is Islamic

So, aluta continuance written on any of our national symbols, like currency, government properties, etc,,abi?

3 Likes

Re: Meaning Of The Arabic Word On Nigerian Army Logo by DonBobes(m): 7:37am On Dec 13, 2015
dahaz:
'Victory is from God'
victory is from God alone.
Re: Meaning Of The Arabic Word On Nigerian Army Logo by jamst2(m): 7:37am On Dec 13, 2015
huh! The arabic transliteration is; Nasru mina llahi...meaning; victory or help is from Allah.
Re: Meaning Of The Arabic Word On Nigerian Army Logo by marwanafrica: 7:37am On Dec 13, 2015
it means VICTORY COMES FROM ALLAH, or do u want the NA to say it comes from you?
Re: Meaning Of The Arabic Word On Nigerian Army Logo by tpraiz(m): 7:39am On Dec 13, 2015
Please let's not raise issues that we cannot settle in Nigeria #Whera are the senators
Re: Meaning Of The Arabic Word On Nigerian Army Logo by cornel994(m): 7:39am On Dec 13, 2015
Mikollon1:

Why not write it in Efik, Ijaw or other Nigerian languages? Are Ibo, Yoruba or Hausa the only languages spoken in the country?
gbam

2 Likes

Re: Meaning Of The Arabic Word On Nigerian Army Logo by opey25(m): 7:39am On Dec 13, 2015
walexwalata:
everything to some people is politics in Nigeria. what is wrong in us having the logo what it is? If you think with your religion, you must have your way in everything in Nigeria, then you are not fair and you cannot realize your expectation. How would you see it if the Muslims too ask for holiday on Fridays to allow them go to mosque like you people do on Sunday? You diplomatically argue, mend and manipulate issues to favour yourselves rather than allowing God to have His way. We understand the basis of your question. ''no be today''

Muslims are the best of mankind!
perfect response for the bigots.some universities(eg University of Ibadan ) in Nigeria have Latin as their motto. We muslims didn't complain that Latin is one of roman Catholic languages.

1 Like

Re: Meaning Of The Arabic Word On Nigerian Army Logo by ehix89(m): 7:40am On Dec 13, 2015
northvietnam:

why write it in Arabic, is Arabic our lingual franca
yhu guys read meaning to errytin
Re: Meaning Of The Arabic Word On Nigerian Army Logo by Ejehjoe(m): 7:41am On Dec 13, 2015
All the past christian Heads of states, Army chiefs that are christians never complained, is it now that Buhari, a muslim heads the Army/nation that you want us to comment for or against?
We love it as it is....
Leave us alone...
Catholics worldwide including Nigeria use Latin as official language of the mega church.

2 Likes

Re: Meaning Of The Arabic Word On Nigerian Army Logo by oloriooko(m): 7:43am On Dec 13, 2015
Mikollon1:

How do you know our lingua franca was English before 1914?

I can be corrected but was it Arabic?
Re: Meaning Of The Arabic Word On Nigerian Army Logo by AhmedInusa: 7:44am On Dec 13, 2015
All this Maga's that dn't know the Ancient Hausa Writting... in Mr Ibu's voice On your own o.
Re: Meaning Of The Arabic Word On Nigerian Army Logo by jamst2(m): 7:45am On Dec 13, 2015
but i think the nigeria army should remove the ALLAHU from the logo because in islam,it is forbidden to go to a filthy places(e.g toilet,bathroom etc) with it

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Meaning Of The Arabic Word On Nigerian Army Logo by nduchucks: 7:45am On Dec 13, 2015
Most of you people are both racists, religious bigots and self hating tribalists, I'might sorry to say.

Why are you not complaining about the Roman Numerals in our Constitution, laws, and other government documentation? Why didn't you people ask the government whether we are all Roman Catholics?

abeg make una go find better work to do. Nan sense embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Meaning Of The Arabic Word On Nigerian Army Logo by Flairoqy(m): 7:45am On Dec 13, 2015
selfemployed:
is this the nigerian army logo? if yes, what is the meaning of the arabic word on it?

https://twitter.com/HQNigerianArmy
Where from please? I hate liars!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meaning Of The Arabic Word On Nigerian Army Logo by dhateeboi(m): 7:45am On Dec 13, 2015
when it's Latin or Greek.. or any of the ancient languages.. there will be nothing wrong with it

Now it's Arabic, they're trying to islamize the country. When the meaning isn't religious biased

Why do we enjoy seeing ourselves as 'the other side?'

1 Like

Re: Meaning Of The Arabic Word On Nigerian Army Logo by younghartz(m): 7:45am On Dec 13, 2015
Mikollon1:

How do you know our lingua franca was English before 1914?
good question..I was almost confused when I saw his post

2 Likes

Re: Meaning Of The Arabic Word On Nigerian Army Logo by ALLI1009(m): 7:49am On Dec 13, 2015
why worry with the Arabic word in soldiers uniform .Even if it is written in any Nigerian language people will still complain .There is no compulsory in religion wearing a cloth with Arabic word written on it does not make you a Muslim.Victory is from God alone
Re: Meaning Of The Arabic Word On Nigerian Army Logo by mediachirps(m): 7:49am On Dec 13, 2015
dahaz:
'Victory is from God'
we don't want to know what it means, we want to know why is written in Arabic language.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meaning Of The Arabic Word On Nigerian Army Logo by Mikollon1(m): 7:50am On Dec 13, 2015
oloriooko:

I can be corrected but was it Arabic?

I don't know what it was. That's the reason I refrain from assumptions.
Re: Meaning Of The Arabic Word On Nigerian Army Logo by jamst2(m): 7:50am On Dec 13, 2015
sweetgala:
It is one of the languages we speak. On many of the insignia worldwide the Latin language is used even when none of them speak Latin or ever did as a nation.

Guy,this one isnt latin but arabic or should i say hausa arabic
Re: Meaning Of The Arabic Word On Nigerian Army Logo by omosi81(f): 7:50am On Dec 13, 2015
2dillu2:
why must you wail over everything sad angry

By the way @op the transliteration is NASRUNMINALLAH

Which means victory is from Allah alone
my problem is if it was written in english the muslim association will come out n protest and claim they are been cheated
Re: Meaning Of The Arabic Word On Nigerian Army Logo by Nobody: 7:53am On Dec 13, 2015
EloquentMedia:

Of course there are many who call themselves chrisrians because theyre not Muslims yet they don't know anything about the kingdom they represent. We are indeed wailers-crying and interceding for your likes to find Jesus.

Nwanne , you just nailed that guy

1 Like

Re: Meaning Of The Arabic Word On Nigerian Army Logo by opey25(m): 7:54am On Dec 13, 2015
mediachirps:
we don't want to know what it means, we want to know why is written in Arabic language.
we also want to know why Latin is being used in most legal phrases,we also want to know why some universities use Latin as their motto.

3 Likes

Re: Meaning Of The Arabic Word On Nigerian Army Logo by poseidon12: 7:54am On Dec 13, 2015
selfemployed:

why not write it igbo, or yoruba language? does the nigerian army belong to arabs?

Ihejirika, johnathan and obasanjo were there and could not corect all these rubbish
is it buhari and elrufai that will correct it?
We Nigerians are mostly fools. Arabic is not a Nigerian language and should not be used on Nigerian Army emblem.

3 Likes

Re: Meaning Of The Arabic Word On Nigerian Army Logo by Nnabugwu8590: 7:55am On Dec 13, 2015
The FOUNDATION of a country determines her STRUCTURE; her STRUCTURE determines her INSTRUCTION; her INSTRUCTION determines her OPERATION-Nnabugwu Kingsley Okwudili

2 Likes

Re: Meaning Of The Arabic Word On Nigerian Army Logo by Werehkpe: 7:55am On Dec 13, 2015
imhotep:

^ Very good question

University of Ibadan motto is Recte Sapere Fons - Why dem no write am for English. Is Latin our lingua franca. Hissss
Una can complain over trivial and irrelevant things

If they wrote the army motto in English some HEdiots will ask "why dem no write am in pidgin" so everyone can understand.

Hisss

4 Likes

Re: Meaning Of The Arabic Word On Nigerian Army Logo by jamst2(m): 7:56am On Dec 13, 2015
Mogidi:
Everything in Nigeria is Islamic, check the inscription in our currency also.

Huh! You people that are crying foul,dont you know that the colonial master bestow the sole leadership of nigeria to the north whose local language is hausa arabic....that is the point!

1 Like

Re: Meaning Of The Arabic Word On Nigerian Army Logo by oloriooko(m): 7:56am On Dec 13, 2015
Mikollon1:

I don't know what it was. That's the reason I refrain from assumptions.

OK so you know, 1914 was the amalgamation year and before then the Brits have been here and English was the language they used in communicating with our fore fathers so before 1914 we were speaking English as a unifying language

1 Like

Re: Meaning Of The Arabic Word On Nigerian Army Logo by ajufinz(m): 7:58am On Dec 13, 2015
dahaz:
'Victory is from God'

...which leads us to another question.
Which God?
grin

1 Like

Re: Meaning Of The Arabic Word On Nigerian Army Logo by kolanpas(m): 7:59am On Dec 13, 2015
the last time i checked cross was the on our hospitals which is cristain symbol,saturday and sunday are our holiday which are cristain day of worship and cristainity was brought to nigeria by english men and north have been practising islam and writing in Arabic b4 they came.i think alot of things need to be changed

3 Likes

Re: Meaning Of The Arabic Word On Nigerian Army Logo by daneni1(m): 8:02am On Dec 13, 2015
Rexology:
MILITARY is part of civil service? Hmmmmmmm... Since when?
Abeg help me ask poooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Kemi Olunloyo: "Nnamdi Kanu Died In An Italian Hospital" / I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos / Bukar Abba Ibrahim In Sex Scandal. Caught Having Sex With Two Ladies (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.