Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

The Umale Festival Of The Ilaje And Itsekiri People - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Umale Festival Of The Ilaje And Itsekiri People (28585 Views)

Similarities And Differences Between Ilaje And Itsekiri / Some Things To Note About Urhobo And Itsekiri / Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Umale Festival Of The Ilaje And Itsekiri People by Topsyvic(f): 6:10am On Dec 16, 2015
seunny4lif:

Difference btw Ilaje and Ikale people
Am sowie if it sumhow offendin buh is jst d truth..firstly dey av different mode of language..they are originated frm different place jst cuz of d war dat occur btw ijaw nd ilaje most of dem migrated to ikale for safety.

*in term of manner..chai!ilaje lack manner,in term of approch nd everytin,they shout tooo muchhh
There is no sign of literate even they re are..they re fashionlitic buh xo dirty@at ohm

*they av wot wil call pride even wen dey dont av two shirt completed

D ikale's#dey re absoutely differ,they re one in a million!
Re: The Umale Festival Of The Ilaje And Itsekiri People by seunny4lif(m): 11:48am On Dec 16, 2015
shocked shocked
The shout involved the both party and its common to Yorubas.....te author=Topsyvic post=41044608]Am sowie if it sumhow offendin buh is jst d truth..firstly dey av different mode of language..they are originated frm different place jst cuz of d war dat occur btw ijaw nd ilaje most of dem migrated to ikale for safety.

*in term of manner..chai!ilaje lack manner,in term of approch nd everytin,they shout tooo muchhh
There is no sign of literate even they re are..they re fashionlitic buh xo dirty@at ohm

D ikale's#dey re absoutely differ,they re one in a million![/quote]
Re: The Umale Festival Of The Ilaje And Itsekiri People by dejavski(m): 6:35pm On Dec 16, 2015
Elebiju:
if mahin celebrates imale I don't think it is done like this, mahin and all mahintedo are known for imale worship it is not celebrated like this in ugbo, aheri or etikan lands.......YOU ARE NOT AN ILAJE MAN.

Oh really Tell me where I hail from in that case?

You are telling us that ilajes(ugbos) don't celebrate imale? I'll take it that you're joking

1 Like

Re: The Umale Festival Of The Ilaje And Itsekiri People by seunny4lif(m): 11:19pm On Dec 16, 2015
shocked
Topsyvic:
Am sowie if it sumhow offendin buh is jst d truth..firstly dey av different mode of language..they are originated frm different place jst cuz of d war dat occur btw ijaw nd ilaje most of dem migrated to ikale for safety.

D ikale's#dey re absoutely differ,they re one in a million!
Re: The Umale Festival Of The Ilaje And Itsekiri People by Elebiju: 12:53pm On Dec 20, 2015
dejavski:

Oh really Tell me where I hail from in that case?

You are telling us that ilajes(ugbos) don't celebrate imale? I'll take it that you're joking
..not celebrated like in the picture you posted, Prove your indigenity.
Re: The Umale Festival Of The Ilaje And Itsekiri People by dejavski(m): 2:04pm On Dec 20, 2015
Elebiju:
..not celebrated like in the picture you posted, Prove your indigenity.

The poster was passing a message of a link between ilaje and Itshekiris you are here arguing about images angry
The fact that you use an ilaje name as your moniker does not attest that you also are an ILAJE MAN!
Prove your indigenity also

#ilepeteborn

1 Like

Re: The Umale Festival Of The Ilaje And Itsekiri People by Elebiju: 6:35pm On Dec 21, 2015
dejavski:

The poster was passing a message of a link between ilaje and Itshekiris you are here arguing about images angry
The fact that you use an ilaje name as your moniker does not attest that you also are an ILAJE MAN!
Prove your indigenity also

#ilepeteborn
I use my surname as my moniker because I'm proud to be an ilaje man and I won't hide that fact for any reason, I rep #ebute ipare and #abealala.
Re: The Umale Festival Of The Ilaje And Itsekiri People by dtechbaze(m): 11:03am On Oct 22, 2017
Oma Ilaje Dede, Oma Itsekeri Dede I Greet Una

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oluwo Akanbi Supports The Establishment Of Fulani Ranches In Yoruba Land / topic closed / Igbo Art (Nka Igbo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.