Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,594 members, 7,843,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Yeahyeah The Whole Trust In Teh Girlfriend Thing Again: - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Yeahyeah The Whole Trust In Teh Girlfriend Thing Again: (755 Views)

9 Things You Can Do When You Are Losing Trust In Your Relationship / Importance Of Trust In A Relationship / Trust In A Relationship: Should It Be 100%? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yeahyeah The Whole Trust In Teh Girlfriend Thing Again: by oldmatebob: 8:11am On Jun 04, 2009
okay well she had a couple of best friends that are males
i came along
i wasnt comfortable
i approached her
she listened and appreciated what i had to say
said she would try,
i havent seen too much to convince me to lose the jealous-ness-ness-ness etc etc
i was best friends with my ex but it was natural for me to distant myself from her so that the gf would have solid trust in me. i feel as if she should be able to do this with her guy mates considering she used to be crazy about one of them who is only friends with her cause he thinks that he can get her to cheat on me with himself. whenever he is mentioned, its often degrading this fella yet i dont understand why she bothers with him then especially when he says something to her that any decent person knows that you just dont say that to a woman.

i speak to her about it often cause im all about truth and honesty, yet i get the same story. its a serious relationship.

is my insecurity something i just need to learn to adapt or is she in the'wrong' (feel free to use that term on whatever degree of strength you feel)

should she lessen her relationships with these guys?
would it be wise to break up?
stay together and work on it more?
bust a cap in her ass?
is she doing nothing wrong and i need to adapt?

im aware that there may be a lack of info, so let me know if more info is needed to make a fair judgement/opinion

have a good one.
Re: Yeahyeah The Whole Trust In Teh Girlfriend Thing Again: by whitelexi(m): 8:25am On Jun 04, 2009
Guerilla warfare means u use their weakness against them while serving them a dose of their own medicine grin
So if they're big and u're small, then u're fast and they're slow!

Mix up more with your girlfriends in her presence. Send flirt txts and u will surely recieve some if u play the cards right. Be carefree about your phone - leave it in all the places where she'll find it. Call prospective and current flirt, u can expect to get calls in response as well.

Control is the key here, so u will be careful not to get involved with any of them girls, just have fun talking dirty grin
Re: Yeahyeah The Whole Trust In Teh Girlfriend Thing Again: by No2Atheism(m): 8:34am On Jun 04, 2009
Na wa o,  Whitelexi u are really to be feared by the ladies. If i were them i go pick race upon sighting you.

Anyway sha make i just keep my mouth shut  lipsrsealed, this one that i have already been villified/insulted/told to mind my own business [/i]by some particular ladies or lady [i]because/even though/despite that i was supporting some other [b]ladies [/b]or [b]lady [/b]against you the other time.

I can no longer talk about this issue after now, because I have at least one personal friend who I know is innocent of your accusations and who's name I cannot mention due to friendship confidentiality issues.

Nevertheless, after all is said and done, Whitelexi wat u did is not good and dats my opinion to you as a man.
Re: Yeahyeah The Whole Trust In Teh Girlfriend Thing Again: by biola44: 8:47am On Jun 04, 2009
whitelexi:

Guerilla warfare means u use their weakness against them while serving them a dose of their own medicine grin
So if they're big and u're small, then u're fast and they're slow!

Mix up more with your girlfriends in her presence. Send flirt txts and u will surely recieve some if u play the cards right. Be carefree about your phone - leave it in all the places where she'll find it. Call prospective and current flirt, u can expect to get calls in response as well.

Control is the key here, so u will be careful not to get involved with any of them girls, just have fun talking dirty grin

this is a 50-50 thing!
Re: Yeahyeah The Whole Trust In Teh Girlfriend Thing Again: by whitelexi(m): 8:51am On Jun 04, 2009
No2Atheism:

Na wa o,  Whitelexi u are really to be feared by the ladies. If i were them i go pick race upon sigthing you.

Anyway sha make i just keep my mouth shut  lipsrsealed, this one that i have already been villified/insulted/[i]told to mind my own business [/i]by the some particular ladies or ladies because i had earlier supported some other ladies or lady against you the other time.

You got yourself rambling with a kid and paid the price for it. I hope u learnt from that experience grin
Re: Yeahyeah The Whole Trust In Teh Girlfriend Thing Again: by No2Atheism(m): 9:02am On Jun 04, 2009
@poster

I would be frank with u, you do not need to flirt or pretend to be flirting/cheating in other to make her change.

If she is really into you and if she is matured enough she would understand that she needs to distance herself from guys or men that make you jealous. Most especially since one of the guys was once her crush or something.

One thing is obvious from your post and that is - you are jealous and you simply do not trust her.

I am sorry to inform you, but the truth is that a relationship without trust is inherently flawed and bound to be an unhappy relationship that gives neither of the parties the needed peace of mind.

Option 1:
Confront her to ask her what kind of future she wants with you.

Option 2:
Cut your losses and move on.

Option 3:
Are you both in it for sex or something much more serious than sex. If its sex, then u have nothing to complain about cus you got what you asked for. However if it is supposed to be more than sex, then let her know what/who she is about to lose as a result of her immaturity at realising that it takes two to tango and make a relationship work, hence she cannot continue to associate with those guys and still expect you not to be jealous.
Re: Yeahyeah The Whole Trust In Teh Girlfriend Thing Again: by alfchye(m): 10:16am On Jun 05, 2009
I will not follow No2atheism,i did rather follow whitelexi .If she loves you , you will see the jealous and she will always confront you with accusation.
This whitelexi knows hw to really play a lady.This is the exact stuff I did use for my girlfriend and she has long warn all her male pals not to call her at night and also not to send her romantic text.
So I did implore you to use that tactics and if she loves you, you will see her giving them space,according to you, you've spoken to her and she doesn't heed.
If theory no work, My friend use Pratical.Chikena
Re: Yeahyeah The Whole Trust In Teh Girlfriend Thing Again: by izeek(m): 10:45am On Jun 05, 2009
@OP,
u dont use wrong to right a wrong,
talk to her about it, and watch her reaction.
but idf she insist on keeping her friends, i suggest u let her until u have concrete evidence that its more than what she says.

above all, learn to trust ur girl.
Re: Yeahyeah The Whole Trust In Teh Girlfriend Thing Again: by No2Atheism(m): 12:14pm On Jun 05, 2009
alfchye:

I will not follow  No2atheism,i did rather follow  whitelexi .If she loves you , you will see the jealous and she will always confront you with accusation.
   This  whitelexi  knows hw to really play a lady.This is the exact stuff I did use for my girlfriend and she has long warn all her male pals not to call her at night and also not to send her romantic text.
  So I did implore you to use that tactics and if she loves you, you will see her giving them space,according to you, you've spoken to her and she doesn't heed.
If theory no work, My friend use Pratical.Chikena

@Original-poster

At the end of the day the decision is still yours, however please note that:

- Love does not always show up in the form of jealousy, some women and men can love their partners and show their love in the form of tolerance, quietness, saying nothing, perseverance or openness. While at the same time some others might love their partner and show that love in form of emotional reaction to perceived wrong doing. Hence it is obvious that Whitelexi's advice is assuming that all women react with jealousy to perceived wrong doing, yet the reality is that some do and some do not

Hence that she reacts to your staged flirting and assumed cheating does not mean she loves you. Instead it can actually mean 2 things:

- She really does love you and got back to her senses

or

- She really does not love you at all, but she does not want to let you go for one reason or another that is not love e.g. financial reasons or pride(considering that all human beings are pridefully possessive to a certain extent, hence her reaction might just be a primeval reaction of not wanting to lose her catch).

Once again, @original-poster, the decision is still yours to make as you see fit.
Re: Yeahyeah The Whole Trust In Teh Girlfriend Thing Again: by shezy(f): 12:36pm On Jun 05, 2009
No2Atheism:

@OriginalPoster

At the end of the day the decision is still yours, however please note that:

- Love does not always show up in the form of jealousy, some women and men can love their partners and show their love in the form of tolerance, quietness, saying nothing or perseverance or openness. While at the same time some others might love their partner and show that love in form of emotional reaction to perceived wrong doing. Hence it is obvious that Whitelexi's advice is assuming that all women react with jealousy to perceived wrong doing, yet the reality is that some do and some do not

Hence that she reacts to your staged flirting and assumed cheating does not mean she loves you. Instead it can actually mean 2 things:

- She really does love you and got back to her senses

or

- She really does not love you at all, but she does not want to let you go for one reason or another that is not love e.g. financial reasons or pride(considering that all human beings are pridefully possessive to a certain extent, hence her reaction might just be a primeval reaction of not wanting to lose her catch).

Once again, @originalposter, the decision is still yours to make as you see fit.

sometimes i dont understand guys
i have this same problem in my relationship,having male friends does not mean she doesn't love you
in my own case,he told me to stop any friendship or relationship I'm having with guys especially the once i am close to.
i stopped this friendship with guys you wouldn't believe that this guy is still feeling unsecured
this is a serious issue in summary

@poster
for her to stop her friendship with those guys once wouldn't be easy but she can stop if she really meant it, at list for her sake you stopped talking to your ex so she too should try and understand
the most important thing is for you to trust your partner and tolerance is very important in a relationship.
Re: Yeahyeah The Whole Trust In Teh Girlfriend Thing Again: by No2Atheism(m): 12:45pm On Jun 05, 2009
shezy:

sometimes i dont understand guys
i have this same problem in my relationship,having male friends does not mean she doesn't love you
in my own case,he told me to stop any friendship or relationship I'm having with guys especially the once i am close to.
i stopped this friendship with guys you wouldn't believe that this guy is still feeling unsecured
this is a serious issue in summary

@poster
for her to stop her friendship with those guys once wouldn't be easy but she can stop if she really meant it, at list for her sake you stopped talking to your ex so she too should try and understand
the most important thing is for you to trust your partner and tolerance is very important in a relationship.

@shezy unfortunately the basic truth is that guys are very territorial, and also guys know what other men can be capable of. Hence why they do not want to take chances.

@shezy I would be frank with you as a man. You are lucky that you have a kind of guy that bothers to be jealous that you have male friends. The moment a guy stops being jealous of your male friends is the moment you should start being afraid of whether or not he has lost interest in you. Yes some men are not openly jealous and some men are openly jealous. It is the maturity of a man that would let him determine whether to quietly tell you he does not like you around male company or whether he would constantly be nagging you about the male companies you keep. Nevertheless the jealousy is still there hence, you should be happy you have a guy that he's possessive of you.

@poster

Exactly if the guy can do it, then common sense requires that the lady should also make the same sacrifises. Otherwise there are bound to be problems.
Re: Yeahyeah The Whole Trust In Teh Girlfriend Thing Again: by Secretz(f): 12:58pm On Jun 05, 2009
Ok let's be real,coming from Secretz persective.   tongue

You have every right to feel the way you feel (other than to bust a cap in her ass   undecided  ), you may have some insecurities that you need to work on, but the plain fact that you yourself distanced yourself from your female friends, should be enough for her to do the same thing. I do not mean you or your gf should lock any friends off, but distancing shows respect for your relationship especially as you are saying it's serious or atleast on that level.

If it were the other way around, am pretty sure she might be singing another tune.  undecided
There is no need for the games, despite what advice maybe given to you    tongue  , because then. . . . you really are not serious, and if you were intentionally trying to make me jealous, you would be gone.simple.  grin

I do think you have insecurities you yourself need to deal with, and the only advice I can suggest is that you sit down, talk to her and ask her point blank, how she sees the relationship? Express your feelings about the 'closeness' of her relationship with her male friends. Also let her know that you distanced yourself from your female friends because you feel your relationship is important and at a serious level, and because you respect her and didn't want her to feel incomfortable.   wink

Question: If she does distance herself from them, would you have anything else to complain about? Like maybe eventually asking her to lock them off completely? Be honest with yourself.

If yes, then you got serious problems. Internal ones.   cool    tongue
Re: Yeahyeah The Whole Trust In Teh Girlfriend Thing Again: by iice(f): 8:56am On Jun 06, 2009
oldmatebob:

okay well she had a couple of best friends that are males
i came along
i wasnt comfortable
i approached her
she listened and appreciated what i had to say
said she would try,
i havent seen too much to convince me to lose the jealous-ness-ness-ness etc etc
i was best friends with my ex but it was natural for me to distant myself from her so that the gf would have solid trust in me. i feel as if she should be able to do this with her guy mates considering she used to be crazy about one of them who is only friends with her cause he thinks that he can get her to cheat on me with himself. whenever he is mentioned, its often degrading this fella yet i dont understand why she bothers with him then especially when he says something to her that any decent person knows that you just dont say that to a woman.

i speak to her about it often cause im all about truth and honesty,  yet i get the same story. its a serious relationship.

is my insecurity something i just need to learn to adapt or is she in the'wrong' (feel free to use that term on whatever degree of strength you feel)

should she lessen her relationships with these guys?
would it be wise to break up?
stay together and work on it more?
bust a cap in her ass?
is she doing nothing wrong and i need to adapt?

im aware that there may be a lack of info, so let me know if more info is needed to make a fair judgement/opinion

have a good one.

I am not a fan of people expecting others to reciprocate exactly what they did.  If you distanced yourself, she doesn't have to do the exact same thing to show that she's serious.  Don't get me wrong, i don't mean its totally a bad thing after all what works for one doesnt always work for another.  Some people have a hard time cutting ties just as it's hard for some people to not feel jealous or threatened by some relationships. 

I don't think you have insecurities that are not logical.  People are fickle grin. If the relationship and you mean anything to her, she should know where to draw the line and how much to give/hold back.   You guys need to thrash it out again, maybe it will be clearer to you, the path to take.

(1) (Reply)

Should I Take Her Back? / What Do You Thick / Can You Marry An Ex Convict?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.