Stats: 3,195,274 members, 7,957,682 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:28 PM

Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story (17290 Views)

Ordeals Of A Nigerian Job Seeker In Pictures / Nairaland Job Seekers, Let Employers View Your CVs Here / Ever Gotten A Job From The Nairaland Job Vacancy Section? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by xender(m): 8:02pm On Dec 13, 2015
F.T.C. on page 1 !
Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by madgoat(m): 8:03pm On Dec 13, 2015
Congrats cheesy
Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by cana882(m): 8:04pm On Dec 13, 2015
Congrats bro... may u continue going higher
Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by Greataausim(m): 8:06pm On Dec 13, 2015
adeaks:
Wow. Congrats. God is great.

Why some are shouting there are no jobs in Nigeria, others are changing jobs like towels. undecided

Maybe I should also start trekking asapcry
Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by jacy67(f): 8:06pm On Dec 13, 2015
This is very encouraging. Congrats
Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by Nwachi22(f): 8:07pm On Dec 13, 2015
Op you got the job out of God's Mercy and favour. It's not by your strength. Congratulations.
Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by ugonna1054(m): 8:07pm On Dec 13, 2015
Wooww....this is really nice

Congrats op.
Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by Greataausim(m): 8:09pm On Dec 13, 2015
[quote author=Greataausim post=40974063][/quote]
Walai abuja go busy next year jan- April, be that nah..... lipsrsealed job seekers every corner nah.
Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by refiner(f): 8:16pm On Dec 13, 2015
hey!na now wey I don foget to pm people?....Abeg friends remind me how to pm,make I pm dis guy Sharp Sharp before oder babes go trap am.....

abegi na joke I Dey ooo before all dis nairaland vampires go eat me nw.

congrats op.....hardwork pays
Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by OsoDupe(f): 8:21pm On Dec 13, 2015
Wow. Congratulations, I like your zeal.
Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by Parisfran(f): 8:21pm On Dec 13, 2015
Congrats OP
Luck favors the hardworking.
Leave those who think the job will come to their house to find them alone. You can't help them.

Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by uwa1(m): 8:23pm On Dec 13, 2015
Congratulations.... God Almighty.... We return all glory and praise to u...
Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by okpor2(m): 8:23pm On Dec 13, 2015
Hope this ur story will not kick start anoda trekking adventure?dis was how trekking for jona nd buhari started oooo.Oya nairalander start trekkin to get job!aniway sha op congrats

Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by collele(m): 8:25pm On Dec 13, 2015
PresVA:
Congrats Op. Wish you favour at your new workplace. .

But which company gives trainees cars and drivers? Or is it position for sales rep?

Oga weda sales rep or what ever a salary of 180k plus a car and a driver is very decent for a fresh graduate....#peace

Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by Shinor(m): 8:31pm On Dec 13, 2015
Nna e be like say dis trekking ting dey work O...Abi how you see am now? Make me sef kukuma come start to waka
Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by PHATE007(f): 8:35pm On Dec 13, 2015
The trekking didn't give u a job dear... I must admit dat u had zeal and passion to succeed dat was one thing dat made u stand out..... Another is what u have upstairs....

In conclusion, ur #confidence #zeal and #brain gave u a job nd nt trekking......

Congrats by the way.... Bigger u I pray...*cheers*

Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by miqos02(m): 8:41pm On Dec 13, 2015
collele:

Oga weda sales rep or what ever a salary of 180k plus a car and a driver is very decent for a fresh graduate....#peace
Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by Trancetek(m): 8:54pm On Dec 13, 2015
Op please which course did you study in school?
Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by lilreese: 8:56pm On Dec 13, 2015
Bravo
Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by susuces4all(m): 9:12pm On Dec 13, 2015
Congrts !This remind me my service year which ended by October last year, towards the end of the service i was worried not knowing that the God that opens a door & no can shut is already working things out for me. I went for interview a week later i passed out & got an offer later to resumed November with a driver, accomodation etc. To God alone be praise! The God of Favour will remember as many that re yet to reap the fruit of their labour in Jesus Name.
Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by Amustical(m): 9:22pm On Dec 13, 2015
God my. Case dey your hand oooo reason my matter abeg. I must resume my job by january 2016

Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by ayatt(m): 9:48pm On Dec 13, 2015
hakeem4:
Me that my own NYSC is still like 2019 .. Should I start looking for job now ?
no by 2039
Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by ajasa4link: 10:07pm On Dec 13, 2015
Ephetar:
MY STORY; THE NAIRALAND JOB SEEKER
I finished my NYSC in july 2015 and one of my greatest fear during NYSC was the fear of unemployment after service. So few months to the end of my service, the job section of nairaland became my browser home page (lol). I check for job updates day and night and subscribed to jobberman, justjobsng.com, careers24 etc. I applied to over 50 jobs online but got not even one interview invite.

Fast forward to August I got an interview invitation from a company I sent my CV to through one of the lamentation threads someone opened (I also created mine too sha). Went for the aptitude test in September and was interviewed same day (only those who passed the test were interviewed). Thirteen of us were interviewed and only 5 of us were called for the second stage of the interview alongside 6 previously interviewed applicants. At the end of the second stage, yours truly was among the 5 finally offered employment in October.

Now during the period of waiting for the job, I read a story on nairaland by ajasa4link about how he got his job through manual CV submission and I decided to give it a trial. I trekked the streets of Lagos with passion and determination to succeed and write my own story. I chose the sector of the economy I wanted to work in and surfed the internet checking addresses and contact details of companies in that sector. I packaged my CV and cover letter and trekked out my shoe alignment locating these companies. I remember trekking from Ojota through kudirat Abiola-Billings-Mobolaji Johnson down to Ikeja submitting applications and receiving all manner of embarrassments from security guards and receptionists ( Lagos receptionists na God go judge all of una nasty behavior to job applicants. But God will also bless a few of you e.g that of my current company, I will surely pay back her kindness towards me).

I resumed my first job in October where I was offered a pay package of 90k monthly but the Oliver Twist in me wanted more. So when one of the companies I submitted applications to called me for an aptitude test in November I went. We were over 100 that wrote the test and yours truly was among those called for interview. On 30th November around 03:12pm I received a call to come and collect my employment letter in two days’ time. When I collected my offer letter, I didn’t believe what I saw. I was offered a position higher than what I applied for with a salary almost double my salary where I was working with a car and driver and other allowances and bonuses.
Thank you God!!!
Thank you Ajasa4link!!
Thank you Seun Osewa for creating nairaland

NOTE; My friends who told me that I shouldn’t waste my time trekking around Lagos are still idle and jobless at home and shocked when they heard my story

Congratulations bro.... Am glad someone wise was able to get something meaningful out of the nonsense I wrote. Just be ready for people to bother u with tons of pm asking u which company are u working, how did u do it... Etc instead of taking up d challenge and entering d streets to take it by force.

Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by karleone(m): 10:14pm On Dec 13, 2015
Where's Amicable09? I bet you've not read a job hunting testimony better than this.
I'm thinking of relocating quick quick to Lagos o. Seems it's sure over there.

OP, Congratulations o..
Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by preciousMI1(f): 10:22pm On Dec 13, 2015
ksstroud:

Trekking.... Really... lipsrsealed
b4 I would have asked "who trekking don help"?
but now trekking is the koko
Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by preciousMI1(f): 10:22pm On Dec 13, 2015
ksstroud:

Trekking.... Really... lipsrsealed
b4 I would have asked "who trekking don help"?
but now trekking is the koko

Apply For Stanbic IBTC Fresh Graduate & Experience Job Recruitment (3 Positions) / Got A Nice Job Via Nairaland / Job Vacancies: Kaduna State University Is Recruiting(photos)