Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,423 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:08 AM

Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story (17289 Views)

Ordeals Of A Nigerian Job Seeker In Pictures / Nairaland Job Seekers, Let Employers View Your CVs Here / Ever Gotten A Job From The Nairaland Job Vacancy Section? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by mommysgirl(f): 11:07pm On Dec 13, 2015
[/quote]
Congrats bro,
Employ me sef as PA ooo, grin
Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by kfrosh: 11:09pm On Dec 13, 2015
Grace over everything but @the same time there are thousands of graduates out there who are just too lazy to even apply for jobs talk less of going for job interviews and yet this set of people keep lamenting of scarcity of jobs as if the job will come down from heaven. I have more than 3 of such friends with Same attitude. God help us all.
babyfaceafrica:
Thank God that you got a job.....its not because you trekked around lagos...you are not the first to trek and you won't be the last searching for jobs. friends that can't trek and are jobless..do not castigate them....all of us are striving in one way or the other...the key thing is we should all make effort...congrats once again.......may God bless and answer those of us all in the struggle.....its not by power or might..its by HIS grace.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by Nobody: 11:09pm On Dec 13, 2015
Congratulations! So inspiring, thanks for sharing
Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by Roks(m): 11:15pm On Dec 13, 2015
Congratulations I love the never say never attitude

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by amicable09(f): 11:48pm On Dec 13, 2015
karleone:
Where's Amicable09? I bet you've not read a job hunting testimony better than this.
I'm thinking of relocating quick quick to Lagos o. Seems it's sure over there.

OP, Congratulations o..
Hahahaha... Karl, here I am now! What's OP testifying about? I should take time to read it.

BTW, you should come down to lag... dedicate 3 months to Lagos and see what it will produce. Me, I miss home, as for this year... home calling already.

****modified***** #after reading Original Post #
OP congratulations ooooh, I'm happy for you! is there something I'm forgetting? uhm... lol, I don't think so. Congrats!
Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by ambassadorgozie(m): 11:56pm On Dec 13, 2015
amicable09:

Hahahaha... Karl, here I am now! What's OP testifying about? I should take time to read it.

BTW, you should come down to lag... dedicate 3 months to Lagos and see what it will produce. Me, I miss home, as for this year... home calling already

How far...wia u dey work now
Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by amicable09(f): 12:02am On Dec 14, 2015
ambassadorgozie:

How far...wia u dey work now
Hahahaha Gozie, we still dey wait for our turn for this queue o... HRs never review my applications finish.

I still dey line. You?
Lest I forget, let me also add that when it sure happens the whole nairaland community will know, it will not be hidden at all.
Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by foody(f): 12:13am On Dec 14, 2015
In summary God has taken you to another level . Thank HIM with your tithe.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by bigfrancis21: 4:49am On Dec 14, 2015
Ephetar:
MY STORY; THE NAIRALAND JOB SEEKER
I finished my NYSC in july 2015 and one of my greatest fear during NYSC was the fear of unemployment after service. So few months to the end of my service, the job section of nairaland became my browser home page (lol). I check for job updates day and night and subscribed to jobberman, justjobsng.com, careers24 etc. I applied to over 50 jobs online but got not even one interview invite.

Fast forward to August I got an interview invitation from a company I sent my CV to through one of the lamentation threads someone opened (I also created mine too sha). Went for the aptitude test in September and was interviewed same day (only those who passed the test were interviewed). Thirteen of us were interviewed and only 5 of us were called for the second stage of the interview alongside 6 previously interviewed applicants. At the end of the second stage, yours truly was among the 5 finally offered employment in October.

Now during the period of waiting for the job, I read a story on nairaland by ajasa4link about how he got his job through manual CV submission and I decided to give it a trial. I trekked the streets of Lagos with passion and determination to succeed and write my own story. I chose the sector of the economy I wanted to work in and surfed the internet checking addresses and contact details of companies in that sector. I packaged my CV and cover letter and trekked out my shoe alignment locating these companies. I remember trekking from Ojota through kudirat Abiola-Billings-Mobolaji Johnson down to Ikeja submitting applications and receiving all manner of embarrassments from security guards and receptionists ( Lagos receptionists na God go judge all of una nasty behavior to job applicants. But God will also bless a few of you e.g that of my current company, I will surely pay back her kindness towards me).

I resumed my first job in October where I was offered a pay package of 90k monthly but the Oliver Twist in me wanted more. So when one of the companies I submitted applications to called me for an aptitude test in November I went. We were over 100 that wrote the test and yours truly was among those called for interview. On 30th November around 03:12pm I received a call to come and collect my employment letter in two days’ time. When I collected my offer letter, I didn’t believe what I saw. I was offered a position higher than what I applied for with a salary almost double my salary where I was working with a car and driver and other allowances and bonuses.
Thank you God!!!
Thank you Ajasa4link!!
Thank you Seun Osewa for creating nairaland

NOTE; My friends who told me that I shouldn’t waste my time trekking around Lagos are still idle and jobless at home and shocked when they heard my story

There's something fishy about the ending part of this story. The ending part of the story sounds like it was made up to add sensation to the story. undecided undecided
Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by esejessy(f): 6:45am On Dec 14, 2015
Awwww congrats dear.i key into ur miracle.
Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by Nobody: 7:29am On Dec 14, 2015
Physical CV submission is the way to getting jobs..

The two jobs i ever did were through physical CV submission..
Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by ksstroud: 8:55am On Dec 14, 2015
preciousMI1:

b4 I would have asked "who trekking don help"?

but now trekking is the koko

grin grin grin
Can we trek together then...what's the route?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by amicable09(f): 9:10am On Dec 14, 2015
bigfrancis21:

There's something fishy about the ending part of this story. The ending part of the story sounds like it was made up to add sensation to the story. undecided undecided
lol... don't be like me! Let's not fish out anything this time *winks
Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by Samuel89(m): 9:13am On Dec 14, 2015
amicable09:

Hahahaha Gozie, we still dey wait for our turn for this queue o... HRs never review my applications finish.

I still dey line. You?
Lest I forget, let me also add that when it sure happens the whole nairaland community will know, it will not be hidden at all.
Same here.
Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by amicable09(f): 9:40am On Dec 14, 2015
Samuel89:

Same here.
Sammy, hope you have booked thread space? If no, contact the mods ASAP, 2016 must see our threads *smiles

The traffic in 2016 for testimonies go tight!
Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by preciousMI1(f): 9:57am On Dec 14, 2015
ksstroud:

grin grin grin Can we trek together then...what's the route?
let's try PH
Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by preciousMI1(f): 9:57am On Dec 14, 2015
ksstroud:

grin grin grin Can we trek together then...what's the route?
let's try PH
Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by ksstroud: 10:06am On Dec 14, 2015
preciousMI1:

let's try PH

shocked shocked shocked
PH... Erhmmmm kinda far, Bonny island or just the city
Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by preciousMI1(f): 10:13am On Dec 14, 2015
ksstroud:

shocked shocked shocked PH... Erhmmmm kinda far, Bonny island or just the city
the choice is urs...
Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by ksstroud: 10:17am On Dec 14, 2015
preciousMI1:

the choice is urs...

As a team, tis good we have a middle ground. I don't do one man thing. So let the choice be 'ours' grin
Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by preciousMI1(f): 11:40am On Dec 14, 2015
ksstroud:

As a team, tis good we have a middle ground. I don't do one man thing. So let the choice be 'ours' grin

oya where's the trekking starting... team leader
Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by ksstroud: 12:30pm On Dec 14, 2015
preciousMI1:

oya where's the trekking starting... team leader

And you don gimme leading role bah, k; accepted.
Trekking (0,0) point is Lagos @0600hours
Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by preciousMI1(f): 1:16pm On Dec 14, 2015
ksstroud:

And you don gimme leading role bah, k; accepted. Trekking (0,0) point is Lagos @0600hours
trekking's gone bad... wrong route
Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by BUSYBRAIN2(m): 5:41pm On Dec 14, 2015
I connect with this GRACE.
Congrats, bro
Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by Samuel89(m): 8:09am On Dec 15, 2015
amicable09:

Sammy, hope you have booked thread space? If no, contact the mods ASAP, 2016 must see our threads *smiles

The traffic in 2016 for testimonies go tight!
Amen oooo..
Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by Ephetar: 5:11pm On Dec 20, 2015
amicable09, bigfrancis21..am sorry I couldn't reply u all this yl cos its a new account...It's actually my true life story... Cheers!...
Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by Ephetar: 5:17pm On Dec 20, 2015
amicable09, bigfrancis21..am sorry I couldn't reply u all this yl cos its a new account...It's actually my true life story. I was new in Lagos then so I didn't know my way around and I told my course mates who are Lagos guys that we should rock it together but they told me it's a waste of time and money....
Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by Ephetar: 5:20pm On Dec 20, 2015
mommysgirl:

Congrats bro,
Employ me sef as PA ooo, grin

Lol....You are a big lady already...
Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by amicable09(f): 5:21pm On Dec 20, 2015
Ephetar:
amicable09, bigfrancis21..am sorry I couldn't reply u all this yl cos its a new account...It's actually my true life story... Cheers!...
Congrats again dear! All the best in your new found job... Higher and higher you will go!
Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by Ephetar: 5:22pm On Dec 20, 2015
PHATE007:
The trekking didn't give u a job dear... I must admit dat u had zeal and passion to succeed dat was one thing dat made u stand out..... Another is what u have upstairs....

In conclusion, ur #confidence #zeal and #brain gave u a job nd nt trekking......

Congrats by the way.... Bigger u I pray...*cheers*

Thanks
Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by Ephetar: 5:23pm On Dec 20, 2015
ajasa4link:

Congratulations bro.... Am glad someone wise was able to get something meaningful out of the nonsense I wrote. Just be ready for people to bother u with tons of pm asking u which company are u working, how did u do it... Etc instead of taking up d challenge and entering d streets to take it by force.

Thanks bro....the p.m ish no be here o....But I still ensured I replied all...You my mentor
Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by Ephetar: 5:28pm On Dec 20, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
Thank God that you got a job.....its not because you trekked around lagos...you are not the first to trek and you won't be the last searching for jobs. friends that can't trek and are jobless..do not castigate them....all of us are striving in one way or the other...the key thing is we should all make effort...congrats once again.......may God bless and answer those of us all in the struggle.....its not by power or might..its by HIS grace.

I appreciate ur reply..But I didn't say the trekking gave me the job....Lol...
Am only trying to encourage peeps whom friends discourage.... Cheers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Apply For Stanbic IBTC Fresh Graduate & Experience Job Recruitment (3 Positions) / Got A Nice Job Via Nairaland / Job Vacancies: Kaduna State University Is Recruiting(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.