Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story (17165 Views)

Ordeals Of A Nigerian Job Seeker In Pictures / Nairaland Job Seekers, Let Employers View Your CVs Here / Ever Gotten A Job From The Nairaland Job Vacancy Section? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by mommysgirl(f): 9:20pm On Dec 20, 2015
Ephetar:

Lol....You are a big lady already...
I'm aspiring, I'm a small girl oooo grin
Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by collele(m): 8:12am On Dec 21, 2015
mommysgirl:

The person in ur dp is not a small girl o....Lols...Am actually a very young man...not up to 25... grin
mommysgirl:

The person in ur dp is not a small girl o....Lols...Am actually a very young man...not up to 25...
Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by mommysgirl(f): 8:30am On Dec 21, 2015
collele:

The person in ur dp is not a small girl o....Lols...Am actually a very young man...not up to 25... grin

The person in ur dp is not a small girl o....Lols...Am actually a very young man...not up to 25...
Lool I'm just 23 jo, angry
Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by Ephetar: 10:12am On Dec 21, 2015
mommysgirl:

Lool I'm just 23 jo, angry

Kul.....sent u a pm
Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by mommysgirl(f): 11:04am On Dec 21, 2015
Ephetar:

Kul.....sent u a pm
I was joking jare, I have a job
Re: Nairaland Job Seeker; My Story by erico2k2(m): 12:26pm On Jul 20, 2017
Ephetar:
MY STORY; THE NAIRALAND JOB SEEKER
I finished my NYSC in july 2015 and one of my greatest fear during NYSC was the fear of unemployment after service. So few months to the end of my service, the job section of nairaland became my browser home page (lol). I check for job updates day and night and subscribed to jobberman, justjobsng.com, careers24 etc. I applied to over 50 jobs online but got not even one interview invite.

Fast forward to August I got an interview invitation from a company I sent my CV to through one of the lamentation threads someone opened (I also created mine too sha). Went for the aptitude test in September and was interviewed same day (only those who passed the test were interviewed). Thirteen of us were interviewed and only 5 of us were called for the second stage of the interview alongside 6 previously interviewed applicants. At the end of the second stage, yours truly was among the 5 finally offered employment in October.

Now during the period of waiting for the job, I read a story on nairaland by ajasa4link about how he got his job through manual CV submission and I decided to give it a trial. I trekked the streets of Lagos with passion and determination to succeed and write my own story. I chose the sector of the economy I wanted to work in and surfed the internet checking addresses and contact details of companies in that sector. I packaged my CV and cover letter and trekked out my shoe alignment locating these companies. I remember trekking from Ojota through kudirat Abiola-Billings-Mobolaji Johnson down to Ikeja submitting applications and receiving all manner of embarrassments from security guards and receptionists ( Lagos receptionists na God go judge all of una nasty behavior to job applicants. But God will also bless a few of you e.g that of my current company, I will surely pay back her kindness towards me).

I resumed my first job in October where I was offered a pay package of 90k monthly but the Oliver Twist in me wanted more. So when one of the companies I submitted applications to called me for an aptitude test in November I went. We were over 100 that wrote the test and yours truly was among those called for interview. On 30th November around 03:12pm I received a call to come and collect my employment letter in two days’ time. When I collected my offer letter, I didn’t believe what I saw. I was offered a position higher than what I applied for with a salary almost double my salary where I was working with a car and driver and other allowances and bonuses.
Thank you God!!!
Thank you Ajasa4link!!
Thank you Seun Osewa for creating nairaland

NOTE; My friends who told me that I shouldn’t waste my time trekking around Lagos are still idle and jobless at home and shocked when they heard my story
p

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Navy Successful Candidates List For DSSC Course 25 Recruitment 2018 / Should He Listen To Them Or Go Ahead With It? / What Job Seeker Needs To Learn From Jobberman Recent Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.