Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,696 members, 7,831,169 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Sanusi Lamido: What Do You Feel About This Choice? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi Lamido: What Do You Feel About This Choice? (653 Views)

North Under Siege Because Of Buhari —gov Lamido / President Jonathan Visits Emir Of Kano, Lamido Sanusi (Photos) / I am Now Sarkin, Not Emir Of Kano - Sanusi Lamido (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanusi Lamido: What Do You Feel About This Choice? by ajilore1: 1:39pm On Jun 04, 2009
I would like a very impartial analyses and response to this topic on the basis of ability and not ethnic or tribal grounds.

I believ it is high time we looked away from tribalism ans ethnicism in our criticisms of government processes in this great country. So pls air your views on the choice of Sanusi Lamido as the new CBN governor.
Re: Sanusi Lamido: What Do You Feel About This Choice? by vigasimple(m): 1:58pm On Jun 04, 2009
I have said it before, and I will say it again. YES SANUSI LAMIDO is qualified to hold the position of CBN.

But there are 3 issues which I want to make observatios.

1. There are equally other qualified persons in either the CBN or other private institutions

2. The constitution was breached here in order to put 'MERIT' and therefore his appointment is unconstitutional , in breach of FEDERAL CHARACTER provison of the constitution. YAR A'DULL should start preaching merit to Nigerians by resigning first as he was not in that office by merit. Merit in case of SANUSI is just another disguise for nepotism when it suits the North. Just imagine that it is the south that has 3 qualified and competent person to fill a particular sector like Finance, the North will ask for Federal character to be obeserved.

3. The speed at which the SENATE approved him within 3-4hours, with their senseless YEAH, and no dissenting opinion say to me that 'GHANA MUST GO' is full to their asking.

If we must follow merit, let us follow merit, if it is Federal character according to the constitution, we must not allow YAR A'DULL or indeed any president to choose arbitrarily.
Re: Sanusi Lamido: What Do You Feel About This Choice? by DDMoses(m): 7:10pm On Jun 04, 2009
Yea, Sanusi is good for the post, but somethings have to put into consideration, though you 've we should not talk of ethnicity but there is no way we would not do that, as the President is from North, dont forget that the key post in this country is been hold by Northerner, why is he doing this, the minister of Finance, Sec Director, Nigeria Planning, others like that are hold by northerner now he is bring another northerner into the fold as the Governor of the CBN, to me this is absolutely out of it, he is not governing very well, may i bring to your hearing that Sanusi, and Minister of Finance are from the same State, so how can we have two people from the same state holding a key post in this country of Billion of people, do we not have another state, dont we have people more inteligent and capable people than Sanusi, so why is he bringing him to the office, the Senate also contribute to the menace, they approved him withing 3hours, yet they were barking that president is not following Federal governent Character, to me i think we need a re-think on this issue.
Re: Sanusi Lamido: What Do You Feel About This Choice? by ajilore1: 7:25am On Jun 05, 2009
Indeed and in all fairness, it is absurd to have the two principal officers of "finance" from the same state, not just from the same region.

This is ten years of democracy, we should have a way of crying wolf when necessary. So what do you suggest Nigerians do in this regard as it is now very obvious that Mr President is 'Northish' with a full sense and dispaly of impunity. This is nepotism of the highest order Mr President.
Re: Sanusi Lamido: What Do You Feel About This Choice? by DDMoses(m): 9:36am On Jun 05, 2009
I will rather suggest that, the post should be throw into the public, let us workout the modality that will help us i am not saying Sanusi is not good but lets look for another prudent man as well, leave Sanusi alone for now, senate should stop all this nemesis by approving people without seeking the advice of we masses, since they are representing us, they should be able to speak our mind, but since the reverse is the case, they should be throwing matter to the public for our consumption and advice.
Re: Sanusi Lamido: What Do You Feel About This Choice? by ajilore1: 4:45pm On Jun 05, 2009
@DdMoses -

I strongly concur

(1) (Reply)

Iwu Calls For Staggered Polls / North Tightens Its Stranglehold On The South - Looks To Take Over Igp Position / As 2011 Election Draws Near?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.