Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,982 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] (31425 Views)

Oba Adeyemi Adediran Ordained As Pastor 13 Years After His Coronation (Photos) / Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation / First Public Photo Of Adeyeye Ogunwusi, As He Prepares For His Coronation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by mradjoy(m): 8:56am On Dec 14, 2015
preetyb:
Some pastors are far from the truth because of money. Why not just tell him to choose the God he wants to serve.
This is not for pastor to judge.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by eightsin(m): 9:07am On Dec 14, 2015
They have turned the house of the Lord to something else.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by Thriveplus: 9:09am On Dec 14, 2015
He is the oni of ife, but he is in the presence of The King of Kings, There is only one king, therefore he should humble himself before the king of glory and remove his crown if indeed he has come to worship Him!!
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by chinae(m): 9:35am On Dec 14, 2015
Thanksgiving for coming out from the evil forest, lobby, successful liquor lib or halting thunder strike?

Sacrilege in the fullness of time! religion bastardized by people.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by Nobody: 9:37am On Dec 14, 2015
I thought everyone's equal in church! Why such humongous seat?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by Achorise: 9:43am On Dec 14, 2015
in their closet, they know them want something more fulfilling, inner peace and Joy that only Jesus can give, but pride of life and human connections, won't let them get it.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by ODUBEZE: 9:44am On Dec 14, 2015
delishpot:
One leg for shrine one leg for church smiley smiley classic interpretation of give unto cesar what is cesar's.....
He even get him own special chair! what ever happen to the saying that we are all equal before the Almighty!
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by obie206(m): 9:48am On Dec 14, 2015
This ridiculous fellow should restrict his grandstanding to his shrine! Christ is not impressed. Yoruba ppl sef, Una dey effed up sha!
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by delishpot: 9:49am On Dec 14, 2015
ODUBEZE:

He even get him own special chair! what ever happen to the saying that we are all equal before the Almighty!

Well, humans translated it to be......All animals are equal but.......some are more equal than others.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by HANSEEL(m): 9:50am On Dec 14, 2015
delishpot:
One leg for shrine one leg for church smiley smiley classic interpretation of give unto cesar what is cesar's.....
according to the rumour circulating around, and I quote the rumour,»»»»»»> "after eating the heart of the late Emir" now he goes to church.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by dontel(m): 9:51am On Dec 14, 2015
Somebody who had spent days in the forest and came out with a crown believed to be given to him by the ancestors now in a Thanksgiving in a church! the Church must be an Anglican or Catholic........ shm.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by ODUBEZE: 9:52am On Dec 14, 2015
delishpot:

Well, humans translated it to be......All animals are equal but.......some are more equal than others.

hmmmmmmm... It is well
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by delishpot: 9:55am On Dec 14, 2015
HANSEEL:
according to the rumour circulating around, and I quote the rumour,»»»»»»> "after eating the heart of the late Emir" now he goes to church.

Hiaaan. Its well o.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by ODUBEZE: 9:58am On Dec 14, 2015
warrenweste:
Is he nt suppose to remove his crown?
No need! His level has become the same with God now and don't forget that he has paid his dues in the offering box!
A king that has no reverence for God!
Lord have mercy!
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by ODUBEZE: 10:00am On Dec 14, 2015
aimuan:
this is the reason i like Jehovah's Witness,they can't allow things like this.Catholic a Religion mixed with Tradition.
How do U know its a Catholic church!
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by ODUBEZE: 10:04am On Dec 14, 2015
preetyb:
Some pastors are far from the truth because of money. Why not just tell him to choose the God he wants to serve.
They reverence people more than the God they preach!
There are no Joshua in our time.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by olarwhumy6(f): 10:06am On Dec 14, 2015
God is indeed merciful, imagine after eating concoction at d shrine. Kings in the Bible dnt go tru dis rituals before they were ordained. It's either God or mammon. No one can serve two masters.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by CioAngels(f): 10:14am On Dec 14, 2015
kabiyesi, may your rain be glorious. Long live the kabiyesi. Ami. Yes, obas' ezes', okpalaukwus', emirs' can go to when invited for occassions. But not after the rites that brought them to the revered throne they go to the church for thanksgiving. What happens to the traditional way of thanksgiving. To me our tradition is brought to redicule.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by Laid2001: 10:26am On Dec 14, 2015
Where was is it written that you should not wear cap in the church!.

In fact, Jesus knoweth nothing called Church!

SirJeffry:
He wore a cap to church? Wait oo, is that a bishop wearing traditional attire?

Chai, uwa mmebi.undecided

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by sanmibukunmi: 10:40am On Dec 14, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
CAN YOU SERVE GOD THE ALMIGHTY AND DEVIL TOGETHER, LET SONOFLUCIFER ANSWER THE QUESTION??
being an ifa worshiper does not mean you are serving satan..... ifa is a religion like Christianity and islam......

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by sanmibukunmi: 10:43am On Dec 14, 2015
All of you should stop complaining....... he is a christian but has done exactly what hid tradition requires of him and after successfully going through that and coming out victorious, he has gone to give thanks to God in hid christian way......
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 14, 2015
sanmibukunmi:

being an ifa worshiper does not mean you are serving satan..... ifa is a religion like Christianity and islam......
Dont waste your time. These fools don't care about knowledge outside the Bible. Their minds are dead.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by forkadict(m): 11:16am On Dec 14, 2015
JingoOAU:

Tho you have a point

Be that as it may, even the same traditional religion you mentioned, they have varieties

Which of the traditional religion would u want him to follow?

Is it sango?
Amadioha?
Soponna?
Oluweri-oya?
Obatala?
Ogun?
Etc

Esu odara, Orunmila, Ifa etc etc
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by vigasimple(m): 11:26am On Dec 14, 2015
For the facebook generation who don't the history of Ooni of Ife.

In the last 85 years, there has been 3 Ooni's and they all worshipped at Anglican Church. It is the Royal Church for both the King, Princes and Princesess.

Sir AdeSoji Aderemi 1930-1980 attend St. Peters Anglican Church Iremo

Oba Okunade Sijuwade Olubuse II 1980-2015
and

Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi Ojaja II current Ooni

both attend St. Paul's Anglican Church Aiyegbaju
the latter is 5 minutes drive from the palace.

Every Ooni and most King's usually wear skull cap in Church.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by Nobody: 11:30am On Dec 14, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:
I do not suppport this at all. The Church is not a Temple of Oduduwa and therefore it should be no throne set up in it for Arole Oodua to mount. That throne is blocking view of those sitting in pews behind him. This is not different from when Alaafin wives were allowed to stand and pray in front with men in a mosque. The children of Oduduwa should not tolerate this nonsense, whether in Christianity or Islam. The tenets of worship in Christianity and Islam calls for all to follow the creed without exception. If Obas are unable to do that they should worship in their shrines.

Go and remove him now. Ur not even happy he went to church. He is d king of d land, he can decide to put a throne wherever he wants. It doesn't say anything abt d pastor of DT church. It doesn't mean d pastor is an idol worshipper.

Christians are sooooo judgemental & unspiritual. How are u so sure God is not excited he showed up? Like d prostitute DT washed jesus feet and d corrupt tax collector he gave special ATTN & dined wt several times.

There are examples all over d old testament abt how God used idol worshipping kings DT had no covenant wt him. Or directed their hearts concerning an issue. You don't know d ooni's heart. Kp quiet abt things u have absolutely NO KNOWLEDGE about. Religious hypocrites DT know nothing abt God. Deal wt ur own rltshp wt the holy spirit.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by lovelyebony: 1:23pm On Dec 14, 2015
I wonder how some people reason. So if the Oba should come to your church, you will drive him away. Some people comment as if they are better than him
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by lovelyebony: 1:28pm On Dec 14, 2015
dontel:
Somebody who had spent days in the forest and came out with a crown believed to be given to him by the ancestors now in a Thanksgiving in a church! the Church must be an Anglican or Catholic........ shm.
Wetin this one dey talk
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by unite4real: 3:21pm On Dec 14, 2015
that place looks more like a shrine than a church. Check out the front seat where the Rev Father, sorry, Ooni was sitting. Show me someone preaching or IDONTBILIVIT
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by Niyeal(m): 4:38pm On Dec 14, 2015
TruthHurts1:

Are you one of the looters?
NO
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by onoja12: 6:24pm On Dec 14, 2015
And let me guess, you are sensible? as long as i am not in your category ,i am alright

oyindare:
U are a part one fool sir
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by isalegan2: 6:07am On Dec 16, 2015
onoja12:
this is laughable, a traditional ruler, the head of African tradition doing thanks given for becoming the head to another religion on its own. i wonder when the pope would come to honor the Gods. black people and slave mentality.

Thank you! Is his lineage from that of Abraham or Moses? Is it not enough to be a living embodiment of Oduduwa and the bloodline of great kings and their ancestors? Some things are so clearly not as they should be but we continue to bite our tongue and keep our own counsel. For how long? Lemme just say, I have concerns. This nonsense is too prevalent amongst African kings. In the very near future. I hope an inability or unwillingness to swear to and uphold our culture and the tradition of his forebears would disqualify potential candidates. . . lipsrsealed

Whatever happens, the throne is greater than any one Kabiyesi. undecided

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Holds Thanksgiving In Church After His Coronation[photos] by onoja12: 5:40pm On Dec 16, 2015
I am the greatest advocate of that, infact I think any traditional leader who declares to be of another religion should be dethroned right away, i have never heard of a bishop claiming to be a traditionalist .that amounts' to conflict of interest and total disrespect to our tradition

isalegan2:

Thank you! Is his lineage from that of Abraham or Moses? Is it not enough to be a living embodiment of Oduduwa and the bloodline of great kings and their ancestors? Some things are so clearly not as they should be but we continue to bite our tongue and keep our own counsel. For how long? Lemme just say, I have concerns. This nonsense is too prevalent amongst African kings. In the very near future. I hope an inability or unwillingness to swear to and uphold our culture and the tradition of his forebears would disqualify potential candidates. . . lipsrsealed

Whatever happens, the throne is greater than any one Kabiyesi. undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Relationship Between Yoruba Language And Igala Language. / Whiteman Given Chieftaincy Title By Igwe Nnewi (Photos) / Ogun Eyonu Awon Agba Todaju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.