Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,140 members, 7,811,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:36 AM

African American Movies - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / African American Movies (9919 Views)

Mention the 5 Best American Movies You've Seen This Year So Far / Wich Do You Prefer: Nigerian Or American Movies? / Download American movies on laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African American Movies by hotangel2(f): 8:15pm On Aug 18, 2005
Alright. Will do. smiley
Re: African American Movies by Nobody: 3:24am On Aug 27, 2005
just watched Coach Carter http://movies.yahoo.com/shop;_ylc=X3oDMTB0aGQ0Ym9lBGN0Y29kZQNtdnRpdGxlBG1pZAMxODA4NTk4ODQ0?d=hv&cf=info&id=1808598844 . great movie. really funny jokes.

Rich what?! Richmond!
Trae what?! trae zee!
Re: African American Movies by vexxy(f): 3:40am On Aug 27, 2005
Coach Carter was a fantastic movie. It moved me beyond words. To think it's based on a true story makes it even more astounding.
Re: African American Movies by hotangel2(f): 5:09am On Aug 27, 2005
ooohhh, i love coach cater. It was really a true life story. I was surpised.
Re: African American Movies by Nobody: 5:35am On Aug 27, 2005
i forgot to add, great music and sound track. "hopeful" by Twista and Faith Evans is definately one of my top 10 tracks at the moment wink.
Re: African American Movies by layi(m): 7:40pm On Aug 28, 2005
And to think of it. The real coach Carter was on set on the movie. What a feeling to be present while while biography is beign taped. (coach cater, ray charles, Ali etc)
Living legends. I hope to be one.
Re: African American Movies by Nobody: 11:40am On Aug 31, 2005
damn, dont u just love black american movies? just watched another one: "Ray" http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1808406395 . great film, made me one with the blind. i feel their pains and joys.

hit the road Jack
and dont u come back nomore, nomore, nomore, nomore
hit d road jack
and dont u come back nomore

now thats music!
Re: African American Movies by IAH(f): 2:13pm On Aug 31, 2005
Yeah...Jamie Foxx got an Oscar for that film.
Re: African American Movies by vexxy(f): 3:39pm On Aug 31, 2005
A new one is about to come out called "Roll Bounce." If you have Quick Time you can view the trailer here:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_searchlight/roll_bounce/

It's got Nick Cannon, Bow Wow and many others. Hits the theaters around here September 23.
Re: African American Movies by hotangel2(f): 10:48pm On Aug 31, 2005
Yeah.. I am sooo gonna see roll bounce.I just know it'll be good.

I think Nick cannon's [b]"underclassman" [/b]should be interesting too.
Re: African American Movies by Latoya(f): 2:36am On Sep 01, 2005
have u seen BEAUTY SHOP?
Re: African American Movies by hotangel2(f): 3:54am On Sep 01, 2005
yep, it was good. Have u seen hair show?
Re: African American Movies by ocho(f): 9:27pm On Nov 08, 2005
I love any Afrcian American movie as long as it's got some kind of romance in it(strictly Boy/girl romance though). Hey did anyone see the advert for usher's new movie? it's called the mix, usher acting should be really interesting to watch, i'm definately checking that out!
i love beauty shop, coatch cater(nice story),soul food,love n basketball, a whole lot more that i can't quite remember. i'd say i am quite addicted to Afican american and Nigeiran movies cheesy
Re: African American Movies by babwilms(m): 10:31pm On Feb 24, 2006
I enjoy watching them but i still dont understand why none of their movies makes it to the cinema. My favourite african american movies has to be DISAPPEARING ACT AND LOVE AND BASKETBALL
Re: African American Movies by ocho(f): 10:32pm On Feb 24, 2006
love and basket ball, my all time favourite wink
Re: African American Movies by Rhodalyn(f): 10:34pm On Feb 24, 2006
love dont cost a thing
Re: African American Movies by Free(f): 3:51pm On Feb 26, 2006
friday
next friday
friday after next
barbar shop 1
the best men
brown sugar
Re: African American Movies by edygirl(f): 5:54pm On Jun 26, 2006
Check out these movies too:
The four brothers----------------------- Romantic

Antwone Fisher__________________So nice and Educating.
Re: African American Movies by Kadeejah(f): 9:20pm On Jul 09, 2006
love and basketball
brown sugar
four brothers
best man
coach carter
ray
you got served
like mike
something new
diary of a mad black woman
madea's family reunion
i love em all!!!!!! cheesy
Re: African American Movies by clocky(m): 4:07pm On Jul 10, 2006
recent ones:
Hustle and Flow
Hurricane

Old school:
Juice
Higher Learning
Malcom X
2 can play that Game
and ofcourse Roots
Re: African American Movies by Eastcoast(f): 4:41pm On Jul 11, 2006
What do you guys think of little man? It is going to start playing on friday. personally, from the trailer, i think it is going to be so so hilarious. i can't wait to see it.
Re: African American Movies by Free(f): 7:30pm On Aug 06, 2006
@eastcoast

seen lil man and i thought it was hilaaaroius cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: African American Movies by Sista(f): 7:22am On Dec 09, 2006
@Topic

Please, someone tell me, has anyone seen "Phat Girls?"

You guys have to see that AA movie, you will be Laughing your ass off.
Re: African American Movies by shawna(f): 7:28am On Dec 09, 2006
seen phat girls it was hilarious especially the part where the guys were speaking yoruba
monique is so damn funny luv her cheesy
Re: African American Movies by Sista(f): 9:45am On Dec 09, 2006
@Shawna

For any AA woman who has had a relationship with a C/A man, I would recommend that they see that movie. I would also recommend that C/A people see that movie so they could see from a humanistic way the relationships that take place between AA people and C/A people.
Re: African American Movies by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:44pm On Dec 09, 2006
90% of their movies are garbage. Mindless drivel.

They need to step up their wackass game if they want to be taken seriously. "The Constant Gardener"or Blood Diamonds could have easily been made by a black director if they actually gave a damn. So much for being "African" american
Phat Girlz ko, Fat Bitch, ni.
Re: African American Movies by gbadex1(m): 10:18pm On Dec 09, 2006
IMO, most of their movies are stereotypical. And like one dude said, they tend to do comedies than "serious" movies, serious in the sense that they speak in volumes.

Generally AA movies are mediocre. And like my man nii djata from ghana once said, "like stair cases, step your game up"
Re: African American Movies by Sista(f): 3:46am On Dec 10, 2006
90% of their movies are garbage. Mindless drivel.

They need to step up their wackass game if they want to be taken seriously. "The Constant Gardener"or Blood Diamonds could have easily been made by a black director if they actually gave a damn. So much for being "African" american
Phat Girlz ko, Fat Bitch, ni.

Can't be no worse than the boring story lines and bad production of Nigerian movies. Not to mention, the terrible acting tongue

@Gbade.x
IMO, most of their movies are stereotypical. And like one dude said, they tend to do comedies than "serious" movies, serious in the sense that they speak in volumes

This is because AA's have been told that if they continue to act like buffoons they will make more money. That is why I don't like watching AA movies all the time because their are not many serious roles. However "Phat Girlz" was exceptional it was funny and real at the same time. I wasn't going to watch the movie at all, in fact I didn't even pay my money to go and see it when it was in the movies. My sister happen to have the movie and she got it on bootleg. She watched it and after she watched it she called me and said to me. "I know you said you don't care for seeing phat girlz but I am telling you, I know you, and I know you are going to enjoy this movie. If you don't like it, I will give you 50 dollars." After she said that, I agreed to watch it and yes it was a good movie, at least in my opinion it was.
Re: African American Movies by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:49am On Dec 10, 2006
Can't be no worse than the boring story lines and bad production of Nigerian movies. Not to mention, the terrible acting

If you read the "Yoruba movies are better than Nolly films" thread you'd see me bashing Nolly movies as well. cool
Re: African American Movies by Sista(f): 7:23pm On Dec 10, 2006
I never said that Nollywood movies don't get bashed, I only said or implied that AA movies are just as bad as the Nigerian movies.
Re: African American Movies by gbadex1(m): 10:13pm On Dec 10, 2006
All they can do better. When you see movies like "friday after", "Big Momma's House", you begin to wonder when AA directors/script writers/actors would wake up from the slumber called mediocrity and stereotypes.
Re: African American Movies by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:44pm On Dec 10, 2006
Sista:

This is because AA's have been told that if they continue to act like buffoons they will make more money.

I guess that's why Sydney Poltier is such a pauper now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Is The "Contains Flash Photography" Warning Important In Some News Bulletin? / Movies With The Most Surprising/twisted Endings / Gulder Ultimate Search Soundtrack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.