Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,147 members, 7,849,573 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:16 AM

Idomas Beyond David Mark's Influence! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Idomas Beyond David Mark's Influence! (1130 Views)

About Igalas, Idomas And Biafra / More Idomas and Igalas At My Local IPOB Meeting / David Mark's Look When Amaechi Said He's Never Taken Bribe Before. (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Idomas Beyond David Mark's Influence! by barbpink: 5:06pm On Dec 14, 2015
[idomaland..com]

It is true that, In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
This above saying is not applicable in Idomaland, because the idoma people have men and women whose eyes can see beyond what the eyes of the so called king can ever see.
It is a well known fact that since Nigeria gained independence in 1960, idomaland had produced numbers of men and women who had occupied various positions at the local, state and federal level, even in the military era they were not left out.
Idoma men like Abutu Obekpa, Attah Ojechema, Ameh Ebute, Audu Ogbe are all from Benue south whom occupied positions of minister of Kaduna Affairs, Secretary of Nigerian airways, Senate president and minister of communication respectively.
During the Nigerian first republic.HRH, Dr Edwin Ogebe Ogbu was a two time permanent secretary in federal ministry of finance, and federal ministry of external affairs until February 1968 the Federal Government of Nigeria posted him to United Nations (UN) as Nigeria’s ambassador to the UN. he continued at the UN until September 1975 when he retired from public service, making him one of the longest serving Nigeria’s ambassadors to the UN.
The aforementioned people and many others from idomaland had worked in many offices without having any Godfathers but because of their competence.
The idoma people, from what I have personally observed, heard and read are very potent and active at the federal level than they are in the state. That is why among the idomas, it is believed that the state is for the Tiv speaking group while the federal is for the idoma people. The popularity of idomas at the federal level is not a new trend, it has alway being like that, therefore the glory should not be given to any man but God.
I am not using this piece to campaign for anybody in the upcoming election in Benue south.
On 28th of November 2015, i read from many of the dailies that the election of the former president of the senate of Nigeria had been nullified by a court of appeal sitting in makurdi, Benue state. After which some Tiv politicians were accused by some apologists of Senator David Mark of celebrating the nullification of zone c's senatorial election. This accusation and lies can only be accepted by those who are already brainwashed by the underperforming politicians.
If there was any jubilation by the Tiv people, believe me it has been selectively misinterpreted by Senator David Mark's apologists to add more flavour to their propaganda.
It's now becoming popular among some idomas that the Tivs are sponsoring Daniel Onjeh because, if senator David Mark loses the upcoming election idomas will be relegated and there will be nobody from Idomaland to challenge the Tivs. This cheap lies is being promoted by David marks vindicators and supported by David Mark himself when he said "This is indeed a trying period for us as a people! I encourage you to be strong and take it in your own hands; if not, we shall be forgotten in the map of Nigeria"
Does the above statement by Mark means, whenever he becomes old and weak and decides to withdraw from Nigerian politics all the Idomas will perish or will no longer be called Nigerians? David mark must be feeling like the bridge that links the Idomas to Nigeria.
Those saying without mark, Abbah Moro wouldn't have been a minister are either suffering from selective amnesia or knows little or nothing about idoma people, i advise them to take some courses on Idoma history or ask the educated ones around them the numbers of ministers Idomaland had produced before Mark came into political limelight.

Where was David mark when Hon J.C. Obande was the minister of state in charge of the Nigerian Army and Establishments during the Nigerian First Republic? Obande was also a minister of Mines and Power.
Was he (Mark) the senate president or in the national assembly in 1969-75 when
Brigadier Gen.Emmanuel Ehije Ikwue,was the Chief Of Air staff?
Was David mark influential when Chief David Attah was the Chief press secretary to late Sani Abacha?
The above facts and many others that are not mentioned cannot be reconciled with the madness going round that without David Mark we the Idomas will be forgotten in the Nigerian map.
All those singing songs of praise for Mark should tell Nigerians and the Idomas what their master have done to improve the standard of living of at least five percent of the idomas at home and also tell Nigerians the condition of roads in his constituency and that of his local government in the past sixteen years that he had been in the senate. Do we have any factory or company in otukpo that can boast of hundred staffs? If we really have, how many were built by David mark?
Before i forget, let me remind those ldomas who are giving the glory of God upon the ldomas to a man, that God who made Major Gen. Lawrence Onoja and Brigadier Gen. David Mark militarily secretary and Niger state governor respectively when General Muhammadu Buhari was the Head of state, has again made it possible through President Muhammadu Buhari,for Chief Audu Ogbe and Air Vice Marshal (AVM) Monday Riku Morgan are minister of Agriculture and The Chief of Defence Intelligence respectively, without David Mark being the Senate president.
With all the above evidences, I can say; Come Rain, Come Shine!
Come Democracy, Come military era!
Come PDP, Come APC, Idomas have never been forgotten and will never be.

By Ahmed Ibrahim Otukpa

1 Share

Re: Idomas Beyond David Mark's Influence! by sammyj: 5:11pm On Dec 14, 2015
Ok
Re: Idomas Beyond David Mark's Influence! by MansaMoussa: 5:40pm On Dec 14, 2015
The Idoma race owes this administration a great deal for helping us break the so-called invincibility of David Mark...a task the Idoma Intelligentsia has failed to do over the years.
I have screamed myself hoarse on this forum (using my more popular monika) asking my idoma people to reject Mark, but have always met stiff opposition from the likes of Ochejoseph and co..funny how he's gone quiet in the last few months..
Mark is gone and gone for good!
I think the current probes should extend to him.to shake him up a bit..

(1) (Reply)

In Buhari's Voce: I Will Make 1naira =1$ / Adamawa Lawmakers Get N1bn For ‘constituency Projects’ / Pics: US Websites Celebrate Ikedi Ohakim's Grandchild As First-born Baby In 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.