Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,404 members, 7,826,577 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Nigerian Youths Please Wake Up! It Is Time - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Youths Please Wake Up! It Is Time (556 Views)

Ndi Omambala Please Wake Up / Buhari’s Statement On Aisha Is A Wake Up Call For Women – Senator Olujimi / Who are the millitants? Yorubas Please Wake Up.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Youths Please Wake Up! It Is Time by Nobody: 5:47pm On Dec 14, 2015
I posted this write-up on facebook in 2013. You all need to read it and show solidarity or otherwise.

My reservations towards Nigeria emanated from honest interest and keen observation of recent news and this has culminated in the wish that I become the voice of the much needed revolution.
Unfortunately progress is stunted, though not by fear but by lack of the neccessary means to reach out, the lack of needed human and material resources, and the lack of radical support...At some point I feel like the lone voice in the wilderness... but then I believe this to be same with any critical follower of the Nigerian process.

Should we therefore wait for the masses to rise together or do we pray and hope that a leader would spring up from within us for the much needed revolution?

Mandela's death and memorial is a clear supporting factor that is capable of stiring any serious minded people to a resistance!

Still wish I AM HE!!!!!!!

We are tired and wish to quit being angry.

We are tired of offering suggestions that go nowhere and at that select moment when they do, are considered irrelevant, crumpled and discarded.

We are tired of recieving mere apologies and promises of a better future.

We are tired of associating with barking opposition dogs in the names and tags of political parties and rights activists.

We herefrom refuse to partake in proceedings that glorify extravagance in the midst of extreme poverty and siphoning or diverting of public wealth to personal use.

We refuse to be a part of any process that encourages and covers up corruption, and We are tired of being neglected.

We the masses from hence refuse to be seen only as the means to an end.

We refuse to hide our faces in fear or intimidation.

We hear of late that they plan on making a law that will prohibit our hiding behind the screens and keyboards of our phones and computers to express our thoughts, they wish to cripple our burning desires and means of reaching out, but they have only succeeded in giving us the courage to take it to the streets. We are headed right down their noses and ready to give needed resistance; a revolution.

Enough is very much enough.

At this point in our national life and going by political proceedings from say 1999, any party sympatizer still in this nation at a time like this should be tagged worse than a violent terrorist, and for such should be stricken from the corridors of decision making since they are all out for the same purpose; self enrichment and public show of importance.

How on earth do we even boast of operating a system that has lost the confidence and sympathy of its people? It is obvious that the PDP, APC, or any other cabal or party in this nation is very much incapable of the type of change any good spirited Nigerian desires. We cannot continue to place our hopes in the care of this same brand of inconsiderate politicians!

Also and from yet another angle, if at 52-53years of our national life a leader cannot emerge from the crowd to enforce long lasting resistance, a resistance for and in favor of love, peace, progress and equity, then I will be right to conclude that Nigeria is in for the worst of bleak futures.
MAY GOD CONTINUE TO HELP US! AND MAY GOD BLESS MOTHER AFRICA!!
Re: Nigerian Youths Please Wake Up! It Is Time by obinnashady(m): 6:12pm On Dec 14, 2015
I don't read long posts on mondays.summarise it 4 me.

(1) (Reply)

REPS To Probe OBJ / Petrol To Sell For N85 Per Litre From Jan 1 As FG Removes Fuel Subsidy / Buhari Video Comments On Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.