Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,439 members, 7,812,308 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

E Passport Application, Fraud? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / E Passport Application, Fraud? (1237 Views)

How Much Does It Cost To Obtain The Nigerian E-passport? / $1.1b Fraud: British Judge Questions GEJ's Integrity, Stops Etete From Getting / Alleged Fraud: EFCC Probes Rivers, Kano, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

E Passport Application, Fraud? by Eclairs: 10:49am On Jun 05, 2009
Not to raise an alarm but the new e passport online application seems so fradulent. I am wondering if anyone who has used it can help. I have made payment online but there is no evidence to show that. I'm not sure how the whole process works and I am meant to be going to the Nigeria High commission London next week.

I do have a reference number, an application ID but thats all I have got.I tired proceeding with my application but it tells me I am yet to make payment, tempted to make payment again but have been warned not to.

HELP PLEASE
Re: E Passport Application, Fraud? by Ilelobola: 1:54pm On Jun 05, 2009
It's happened to me before. Not sure if they still use google payments which was what they had then but if you made it thru google then you should have confirmation from google that you have paid.

What I did was call the contact number on their website (in Lagos) and the guy acknowledged I had made payment but it just wasn't attached to the application (system error of sorts). Anyway, he was able to refund my initial payment and I made another payment.

Were you able to get an appointment date? If you did, then chances are your payment went through otherwise you shouldn't be able to generate a date. Give them a call- check the number on the website.
Re: E Passport Application, Fraud? by linuxuser(m): 4:21pm On Jun 05, 2009
Eclairs:

Not to raise an alarm but the new e passport online application seems so fradulent. I am wondering if anyone who has used it can help. I have made payment online but there is no evidence to show that. I'm not sure how the whole process works and I am meant to be going to the Nigeria High commission London next week.

I do have a reference number, an application ID but thats all I have got.I tired proceeding with my application but it tells me I am yet to make payment, tempted to make payment again but have been warned not to.

HELP PLEASE

Its wrong to term everything people do as fraud. Because you have had a difficulty does not mean people are fradulent. The question will be,
Have you contacted them?
If Yes what was their response.
Have you made payment?
Did get a receipt for your payment?
If you have paid and got a receipt, go back to google and send them a message where it says contact >>>. That should be on the top right hand corner.

A friend of mine processed his and when he contacted them, they got back to him within 3 hrs. Please try to contact them first before branding as a fraud.
Re: E Passport Application, Fraud? by hackney(m): 10:28am On Jun 12, 2009
Anything 'E' in that country will be riddled with fraud.
Here where there is serious e-security the koreans,chinese and eastern -europeans still hack the hell out of websites how much more a dump like Nigeria.
Nigerians are in asia learning how to hack as we speak.
Re: E Passport Application, Fraud? by Gaminechic: 7:05pm On Jun 12, 2009
Its not a fraud, but as with most things in Nigeria
When you get to immigration, pepper must still rest (money change hands), if not your file go lost

A friend applied in February, tried to go retrieve it in March, not ready, April, not ready.
by May, he had to do "the expected" and his passport is ready now.
Re: E Passport Application, Fraud? by jamace(m): 8:13pm On Jun 12, 2009
Its not a fraud, but as with most things in Nigeria
When you get to immigration, pepper must still rest (money change hands), if not your file go lost

A friend applied in February, tried to go retrieve it in March, not ready, April, not ready.
by May, he had to do "the expected" and his passport is ready now
angry cry
Re: E Passport Application, Fraud? by ScanLess: 12:30pm On Jun 13, 2009
u need 2 get ur NIS paycard ready b/4 u begin the application, its 9k from sterlin bank.so once u start the application u complete it with the payment and print out ur reciept and acknowledgment slip which u take 2 their office.then u submit to their extra extortion of 4-6k, if you will ever get the thing.
Re: E Passport Application, Fraud? by Samkunle(m): 5:44am On Aug 10, 2009
It's a shame that still, in this day and age in Nigeria, you have to bribe to get a passport or driver's license. I wonder why eradicating corruption in federal establishments is not yet one of the priorities of our leaders.
Re: E Passport Application, Fraud? by Jakumo(m): 6:12am On Aug 10, 2009
That website was set up for those who wish to make charitable donations to the Nigerian Immigration Service beer-drinking and whoring fund.

Anyone complaining that there ought to have been some sort of "return" on that donation is confused and really should sit down for a moment, before they suffer any spells of dizziness that may be triggered by their own failure to comprehend the universe according to Nigeria
Re: E Passport Application, Fraud? by mbulela: 8:29am On Aug 10, 2009
Jakumo:

That website was set up for those who wish to make charitable donations to the Nigerian Immigration Service beer-drinking and whoring fund.

Anyone complaining that there ought to have been some sort of "return" on that donation is confused and really should sit down for a moment, before they suffer any spells of dizziness that may be triggered by their own failure to comprehend the universe according to Nigeria

this post is priceless.

(1) (Reply)

Chinese Firms Offer Us$50 Bln For 6 billion barrels of Oil Reserves In Nigeria / Live Broadcast-acting President Goodluck Jonathan Addresses Nigerians / The North Does Not Recognise Jonathan As Ag President – Rimi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.