Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,879 members, 7,824,669 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Seun Osewa: This Proverb Will Help You Understand It Better - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seun Osewa: This Proverb Will Help You Understand It Better (1440 Views)

At BBC, Lai Mohammed Quoted A Yoruba Proverb / Buhari Vs Obama Serving Food: Who Did It Better? / Saraki Or Tinubu? Who Rocks It Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun Osewa: This Proverb Will Help You Understand It Better by 1MCN: 11:48am On Dec 15, 2015
I was away from Nairaland for a few days (about 4 days) due to the loss of my gadgets. So when I came back later I tried the best I could to catch up with what had gone on. In doing so I went from page 0 further down, and suddenly I bumped unto the (now controversial) thread by Seun himself announcing amendments to Nairaland Rule 9.

When I read the thread I must confess the words were sufficiently mature, and succinctly put! His argument was passionate and yet stern, especially the part where he said "we" can not afford the pains of losing the love and friendship we share with the Igbo. I bet you, if president Muhammadu Buhari has come out to address Nigerians this same way he'd have won the hearts of a lot of Igbo people to his side, especially those who are yet undecided, or double-minded, or against the issue of this agitation for a Sovereign State of B!afra.

However, I think Mr. Seun missed a step by pointedly stamping it that NL will hack down any pro-B!afran thread on the forum. Make no mistakes about it, Seun owns NL and he sets the rules. One does not pay to subscribe on NL neither does one pay to contribute (except for data charges) and therefore NL doesn't owe anyone any sort of compensation on issues like this.

The only debt that NL owes B!afran agitators on this forum is Fair Hearing. Although this debt is objective, it's as well moral. Granted that some B! afran NLers can be crass and nettlesome at times, Bia fra as a course or ideology can not be shut out. We must know this!

There's an Igbo proverb that says, 'Nguchi uzo a-naghi a hia m-ba mmuo'. This loosely translates as shutting of the door does not prevent an attack of the [evil] spirit. Even if we choose to shut them off on all online and print media in Nigeria, if Bia fra is destined to come it'll come. We remember there was a time Nigeria refused to feature any news about them but today they [dis]-grace the banner pages of all newspapers in Nigeria, and sometimes overseas. It's obvious that the agitators and their sponsors have squarely and roundly defeated Nigeria in this media war.

What I expect the DSS, Police, Army, FG, and other relevant bodies to do is to mobilize their men online to argue intelligently against the ideology and profer more convincing idea and ideology rather than issuing threats and whatnot to media outlets against such publications.

Finally, I am not telling you, Seun to rescind or ammend your Rule 9. I'm only telling you that Nguchi uzo anaghi a hia m-ba mmuo, shutting the door does not stop [evil] spirit attacks. Thank you.

5 Likes

Re: Seun Osewa: This Proverb Will Help You Understand It Better by PhockPhockMan: 12:15pm On Dec 15, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Seun Osewa: This Proverb Will Help You Understand It Better by Bigprozzie: 12:17pm On Dec 15, 2015
You can save your epistle for the gods. No one cares around here

Sanity is gradually returning to the forum simply because of that rule. We are not subjected to name calling and hundreds of threads maligning the Nigerian nation.

There are about 3 or 4 Biafra websites that cater for this sort of behaviour, you can ask your brothers and they will direct you there. You guys can go there to abuse, shout and curse yourselves to death .

The rule will stay and there is nothing you can do about it.

By the way, why are Biafrans so desperate to be represented on a Nigerian website?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Osewa: This Proverb Will Help You Understand It Better by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:21pm On Dec 15, 2015
Yes, Seun own NL but does he really make the rules?

Some people have always been "willing tools" at the hands of the oppressor.

The case of the best president nigeria never had comes to mind. A willing tool used and dumped by them and who finally took his own life.

People behave according to their tibal genetics. Give Seun a slack, it's not his fault.
Re: Seun Osewa: This Proverb Will Help You Understand It Better by amunkita(m): 12:28pm On Dec 15, 2015
OP chukwu gozie gi..

In english before I get another ban, "Op God bless u"

2 Likes

Re: Seun Osewa: This Proverb Will Help You Understand It Better by 1MCN: 1:40pm On Dec 15, 2015
Bigprozzie:
You can save your epistle for the gods. No one cares around here

Sanity is gradually returning to the forum simply because of that rule. We are not subjected to name calling and hundreds of threads maligning the Nigerian nation.

There are about 3 or 4 Biafra websites that cater for this sort of behaviour, you can ask your brothers and they will direct you there. You guys can go there to abuse, shout and curse yourselves to death .

The rule will stay and there is nothing you can do about it.

By the way, why are Biafrans so desperate to be represented on a Nigerian website?

A friend "forcefully" added me on Facebook to Radio Bia fra London Facebook page since last year. I've never liked or commented on the page for the first time but I have noticed that whenever I see a topic there and eventually read it, most of the top contributors are Hausa, Yoruba, and Edo. And, my friend, if you see vituperations from those guys to the "Bia frans" on their own site you'll shudder. The admins never censor nor gag, they just sit and hope someone would come up with a superior argument to dismantle the insolence.

However, I admit that Seun holds the ace on his forum.

1 Like

Re: Seun Osewa: This Proverb Will Help You Understand It Better by babyfaceafrica: 1:55pm On Dec 15, 2015
I thought you guys have left...seun is not changing hoot......do you guys know why he did that?...did you car to ask?..no!!!!.....all you did was abuse,lampoon and heap abuse on the young man......he has made his choice..if you don't like it zoom out!!!!!

7 Likes

Re: Seun Osewa: This Proverb Will Help You Understand It Better by Eleniyan15: 3:02pm On Dec 15, 2015
seun
Re: Seun Osewa: This Proverb Will Help You Understand It Better by 1MCN: 4:35pm On Dec 15, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
I thought you guys have left...seun is not changing hoot......do you guys know why he did that?...did you car to ask?..no!!!!.....all you did was abuse,lampoon and heap abuse on the young man......he has made his choice..if you don't like it zoom out!!!!!

Who've the "You guys"?
Meanwhile, you sound so agitated and hysterical. Just calm down, and may be you'd help to tell why he took the action.

1 Like

Re: Seun Osewa: This Proverb Will Help You Understand It Better by babyfaceafrica: 6:52pm On Dec 15, 2015
1MCN:

Who've the "You guys"?
Meanwhile, you sound so agitated and hysterical. Just calm down, and may be you'd help to tell why he took the action.
all I see is a pained fellow

2 Likes

Re: Seun Osewa: This Proverb Will Help You Understand It Better by CltrAltDel: 8:55pm On Dec 15, 2015
1MCN:

A friend "forcefully" added me on Facebook to Radio Bia fra London Facebook page since last year. I've never liked or commented on the page for the first time but I have noticed that whenever I see a topic there and eventually read it, most of the top contributors are Hausa, Yoruba, and Edo. And, my friend, if you see vituperations from those guys to the "Bia frans" on their own site you'll shudder. The admins never censor nor gag, they just sit and hope someone would come up with a superior argument to dismantle the insolence.

However, I admit that Seun holds the ace on his forum.
.....what is the essence of having an admin in the 1st place
Anyways their site........ their rules........Suen's site.....Seun's rules....dont like it....... then BUGOFF

3 Likes

Re: Seun Osewa: This Proverb Will Help You Understand It Better by BUGOFF(m): 10:48pm On Dec 15, 2015
CltrAltDel:

.....what is the essence of having an admin in the 1st place
Anyways their site........ their rules........Suen's site.....Seun's rules....dont like it....... then BUGOFF
Hey man, easy. BUGOFF is a regd trademark. grin

2 Likes

Re: Seun Osewa: This Proverb Will Help You Understand It Better by Nobody: 11:12pm On Dec 15, 2015
OP, you tried. you have written well.

you said you were offline for a while. I urge you to open posts on politics section and let's know if you can't discern a pleasant change.

no more curses, no more insults, at least it has reduced and crass tribalism is waning.

this is the NL we want.

for those who want to talk about bia *fra, then you will have to go to other fora for that.

3 Likes

Re: Seun Osewa: This Proverb Will Help You Understand It Better by Nobody: 11:44pm On Dec 15, 2015
If anybody is dissatisfied with Seun's rule 9,the fellar can go start his/her whateverland forum. Where there is rule,there is a crime.

1 Like

Re: Seun Osewa: This Proverb Will Help You Understand It Better by 1MCN: 11:28am On Dec 16, 2015
Ioannes:
OP, you tried. you have written well.

you said you were offline for a while. I urge you to open posts on politics section and let's know if you can't discern a pleasant change.

no more curses, no more insults, at least it has reduced and crass tribalism is waning.

this is the NL we want.

for those who want to talk about bia *fra, then you will have to go to other fora for that.

Honestly, I don't enjoy the insults. But I have equally seen several Bia fra related threads on the forum in spite of the rule. Sometimes, we need some of those news to be properly informed on goings-on in the country so we can plan our day, or itinerary well. It was on NL that I saw the news of the seige in Onicha Bridge Head. I was able to help someone plan his movement. The news about their proposed protest in Lagos today and tomorrow will enable some people plan their way properly too.

NL can hide incendiary comments, ban accounts and close threads that are false, terrorist, or provocative.
Re: Seun Osewa: This Proverb Will Help You Understand It Better by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 16, 2015
1MCN:

Honestly, I don't enjoy the insults. But I have equally seen several Bia fra related threads on the forum in spite of the rule. Sometimes, we need some of those news to be properly informed on goings-on in the country so we can plan our day, or itinerary well. It was on NL that I saw the news of the seige in Onicha Bridge Head. I was able to help someone plan his movement. The news about their proposed protest in Lagos today and tomorrow will enable some people plan their way properly too.

NL can hide incendiary comments, ban accounts and close threads that are false, terrorist, or provocative.

now we are on the same page.

(1) (Reply)

Governor Fayose Speaks On Channels TV Politics. See What He Said / See How Gov. Wike Danced After The Court Ruled In His Favour / Is Obasanjo Trying To Take Over SW Political Leadership From Tinubu?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.