Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

More Photos Of The 'tallest Statue Of Jesus' Set To Be Unveiled In Imo State - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / More Photos Of The 'tallest Statue Of Jesus' Set To Be Unveiled In Imo State (4781 Views)

Masquerade Uses Statue Of Jesus Christ For His Performance. See Reactions / "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) / Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: More Photos Of The 'tallest Statue Of Jesus' Set To Be Unveiled In Imo State by preetyb(f): 7:49pm On Dec 18, 2015
italo:

Have you seen that God is not against the use of images...or are you still fighting to prove that he was not against it before Jesus but turned against it after Jesus.

My dear worship what ever u want to worship, if u like mount a wood somewhere,pour holy water on it every day and pray to it, according to u there is nothing wrong in it. But remember that the bible says “there is a way that seems right unto a man but the end thereof is distruction.
Re: More Photos Of The 'tallest Statue Of Jesus' Set To Be Unveiled In Imo State by Ubenedictus(m): 9:10pm On Dec 18, 2015
italo:

What about this one?
Is it an idol too?
GUD QUESTION
Re: More Photos Of The 'tallest Statue Of Jesus' Set To Be Unveiled In Imo State by Ubenedictus(m): 9:28pm On Dec 18, 2015
preetyb:

My dear worship what ever u want to worship, if u like mount a wood somewhere,pour holy water on it every day and pray to it, according to u there is nothing wrong in it. But remember that the bible says “there is a way that seems right unto a man but the end thereof is distruction.
NOW U ARE TALKING RUBBISH. HE HAS MADE HIS POINT THAT NOT ALL RELIGIOUS IMAGES ARE IDOLS, HE EVEN HAVE EXAMPLES IF U CAN'T COUNTER HIM WITH BETTER ARGUMENT THEN STOP MAKING INSINUATION
Re: More Photos Of The 'tallest Statue Of Jesus' Set To Be Unveiled In Imo State by Angelou(m): 10:08pm On Dec 18, 2015
italo:

You're saying The Ark of the Covenant is "a fucking idol."

You see why you should keep quiet and learn when you're ignorant of something?
no jew ever prayed to the ark of convenant, but catholics are fond of praying and making reverence to statues of mary and other so-called "saints" like confucius
Re: More Photos Of The 'tallest Statue Of Jesus' Set To Be Unveiled In Imo State by italo: 1:58am On Dec 19, 2015
Angelou:
no jew ever prayed to the ark of convenant, but catholics are fond of praying and making reverence to statues of mary and other so-called "saints" like confucius

Ah! So you have agreed that statues are not bad. Good start.

I'm a Catholic. We don't pray to statues. Though we may pray before statues like all the Israelites did in Joshua 7. And they also revered their statues.

So do you still have issues with it?
Re: More Photos Of The 'tallest Statue Of Jesus' Set To Be Unveiled In Imo State by italo: 2:06am On Dec 19, 2015
preetyb:

I gave you biblical example to show that God is not against images...

What exactly is your problem?
Re: More Photos Of The 'tallest Statue Of Jesus' Set To Be Unveiled In Imo State by vooks: 7:15am On Dec 19, 2015
italo:

Catholicism is certified paganism
Re: More Photos Of The 'tallest Statue Of Jesus' Set To Be Unveiled In Imo State by italo: 8:41am On Dec 19, 2015
vooks:

Catholicism is certified paganism

It is easy for any iddiot to say "catholicism is certified paganism" or "Protestantism/pentecostal is certified paganism" without a logical explanation.

But what thinking humans do is explain their claims.

1 Like

Re: More Photos Of The 'tallest Statue Of Jesus' Set To Be Unveiled In Imo State by vooks: 8:47am On Dec 19, 2015
italo:

It is easy for any iddiot to say "catholicism is certified paganism" or "Protestantism/pentecostal is certified paganism" without a logical explanation.

But what thinking humans do is explain their claims.
Necromancy as we have already established is satanism and witchcraft but is a key doctrine in Catholicism.
Idolatry is another.

Little wonder Revelation calls Catholicism Babylon the Great H@rlot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: More Photos Of The 'tallest Statue Of Jesus' Set To Be Unveiled In Imo State by italo: 12:36pm On Dec 19, 2015
vooks:

Necromancy as we have already established is satanism and witchcraft but is a key doctrine in Catholicism.
Idolatry is another.

Little wonder Revelation calls Catholicism Babylon the Great H@rlot

We will only take an iddiot that says the above when he shows where Catholic doctrines encourages necromancy and the bible claimed Catholicism is Babylon the great.
Re: More Photos Of The 'tallest Statue Of Jesus' Set To Be Unveiled In Imo State by AlfaB: 1:24pm On Dec 19, 2015
Slavery.
Re: More Photos Of The 'tallest Statue Of Jesus' Set To Be Unveiled In Imo State by preetyb(f): 2:55pm On Dec 19, 2015
italo:

My problem is ur belief.
Re: More Photos Of The 'tallest Statue Of Jesus' Set To Be Unveiled In Imo State by preetyb(f): 3:03pm On Dec 19, 2015
Ubenedictus:
NOW U ARE TALKING RUBBISH. HE HAS MADE HIS POINT THAT NOT ALL RELIGIOUS IMAGES ARE IDOLS, HE EVEN HAVE EXAMPLES IF U CAN'T COUNTER HIM WITH BETTER ARGUMENT THEN STOP MAKING INSINUATION
Of course I know that, but he was actually going somewhere with that and at the end he will twist the bible passage to favour his church doctrine.
Re: More Photos Of The 'tallest Statue Of Jesus' Set To Be Unveiled In Imo State by italo: 4:25pm On Dec 19, 2015
preetyb:

My problem is ur belief.

Okay, God is not against images. Good.

So what about my belief is giving you sleepless nights and why?
Re: More Photos Of The 'tallest Statue Of Jesus' Set To Be Unveiled In Imo State by italo: 4:30pm On Dec 19, 2015
preetyb:
Of course I know that, but he was actually going somewhere with that and at the end he will twist the bible passage to favour his church doctrine.

More baseless insinuations.
Re: More Photos Of The 'tallest Statue Of Jesus' Set To Be Unveiled In Imo State by vooks: 8:09pm On Dec 19, 2015
italo:

We will only take an iddiot that says the above when he shows where Catholic doctrines encourages necromancy and the bible claimed Catholicism is Babylon the great.

You have been warned,
Keep worshiping Devils and you will end up in the lake of fire with him

You been warned
Re: More Photos Of The 'tallest Statue Of Jesus' Set To Be Unveiled In Imo State by italo: 8:18pm On Dec 19, 2015
vooks:

You have been warned,
Keep worshiping Devils and you will end up in the lake of fire with him

You been warned

Warned by an iddiot, not God.
Re: More Photos Of The 'tallest Statue Of Jesus' Set To Be Unveiled In Imo State by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:16pm On Dec 19, 2015
italo:

Warned by an iddiot, not God.

Oh ... God actually warned you from the onset .

Google "catholics kneeling before Jesus' statue" and tell me what came to your mind first

Then know if the outcome relates with this

Leviticus 26:1

26 Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the Lord your God.

Exodus 20:4

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

You are praying , kissing , acknowledging statues as Jesus - the bold words condemn such
Re: More Photos Of The 'tallest Statue Of Jesus' Set To Be Unveiled In Imo State by preetyb(f): 9:38pm On Dec 19, 2015
italo:

More baseless insinuations.
Mtcheew
Re: More Photos Of The 'tallest Statue Of Jesus' Set To Be Unveiled In Imo State by preetyb(f): 9:41pm On Dec 19, 2015
italo:

Okay, God is not against images. Good.
So what about my belief is giving you sleepless nights and why?
If I tell u will u believe?
Re: More Photos Of The 'tallest Statue Of Jesus' Set To Be Unveiled In Imo State by Horus(m): 9:44pm On Dec 19, 2015
Statue of a Demon

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: More Photos Of The 'tallest Statue Of Jesus' Set To Be Unveiled In Imo State by Ubenedictus(m): 9:46pm On Dec 19, 2015
preetyb:
My dear the topic isn't about all his church doctrine. The issue is images and italo has made a point that not all religious images are idols with examples, you may either agree agree with him or rebut him with a superior argument. It isn't right to leave d topic and start making insinuations because u dislike his church teaching.
Re: More Photos Of The 'tallest Statue Of Jesus' Set To Be Unveiled In Imo State by italo: 8:03am On Dec 20, 2015
preetyb:

If I tell u will u believe?
preetyb:

Mtcheew

I see you have no meaningful thing to say against this statue of Jesus.

Stop allowing yourself to hate someone or something so much that you'll just be antagonizing them for no reason.

May the peace of the Lord be with you.
Re: More Photos Of The 'tallest Statue Of Jesus' Set To Be Unveiled In Imo State by italo: 8:15am On Dec 20, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Oh ... God actually warned you from the onset .

Google "catholics kneeling before Jesus' statue" and tell me what came to your mind first

Then know if the outcome relates with this

Leviticus 26:1

26 Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the Lord your God.

We don't bow down to any image...though we may bow to God before an image...like Joshua and the Israelites did in Joshua 7:6. Did they bow to the images on the Ark or to God before the Ark? Please answer.

KingEbukasBlog:

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

So are you saying all sculptures, paintings, pictures and drawings of landscape, trees, fish, humans, angels, saints, Jesus...are sinful? Please answer.

KingEbukasBlog:

You are praying , kissing , acknowledging statues as Jesus - the bold words condemn such

We acknowledge the Statue of Jesus as 'The Statue of Jesus.' We don't acknowledge it as Jesus.

Why don't you argue against our belief...rather than falsifying beliefs for us and arguing against your lies
Re: More Photos Of The 'tallest Statue Of Jesus' Set To Be Unveiled In Imo State by preetyb(f): 1:11pm On Dec 20, 2015
italo:

I see you have no meaningful thing to say against this statue of Jesus.

Stop allowing yourself to hate someone or something so much that you'll just be antagonizing them for no reason.

May the peace of the Lord be with you.

Am not against any one or anything. Besides what makes u so sure that what ever face u see and is called Jesus is truely Jesus? Cus as far as I know there are many faces being molded or drawn as Christ. Don't u think it is also wrong for u to be calling the image of someone else Jesus? The bible gave a very clear and understandable commandment that we should not bow down to any graven images ”in likeness of anything in heaven or earth” don't u get it?. We are all christians and we believe in christ therefore we should also believe in his teachings.
Re: More Photos Of The 'tallest Statue Of Jesus' Set To Be Unveiled In Imo State by italo: 2:40pm On Dec 20, 2015
preetyb:

Am not against any one or anything. Besides what makes u so sure that what ever face u see and is called Jesus is truely Jesus? Cus as far as I know there are many faces being molded or drawn as Christ. Don't u think it is also wrong for u to be calling the image of someone else Jesus? The bible gave a very clear and understandable commandment that we should not bow down to any graven images ”in likeness of anything in heaven or earth” don't u get it?. We are all christians and we believe in christ therefore we should also believe in his teachings.

How do you know/Israelites know that the faces of the Cherubs in the Ark were actually the Cherubs?

So if 100 painters paint Buhari differently, does that mean they aren't all paintings of Buhari.

We don't bow down to any image...though we may bow to God before an image...like Joshua and the Israelites did in Joshua 7:6. Did they bow to the images on the Ark or to God before the Ark?
Re: More Photos Of The 'tallest Statue Of Jesus' Set To Be Unveiled In Imo State by preetyb(f): 6:17pm On Dec 20, 2015
[quote author=italo post=41177390]

How do you know/Israelites know that the faces of the Cherubs in the Ark were actually the Cherubs?

So if 100 painters paint Buhari differently, does that mean they aren't all paintings of Buhari.

We don't bow down to any image...though we may bow to God before an image...like Joshua and the Israelites did in Joshua 7:6. Did they bow to the images on the Ark or to God before the Ark?
[/quote

Did Jesus christ command u to do that?. if that was neccesary Christ would have told us so through his words and you would be taking an image with u whenever u want to pray. Why bother making an image to be ur mediator when u can speak directly to God and he will hear?.
Re: More Photos Of The 'tallest Statue Of Jesus' Set To Be Unveiled In Imo State by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:18pm On Dec 20, 2015
[/quote][quote author=italo post=41168499]

We don't bow down to any image...though we may bow to God before an image...like Joshua and the Israelites did in Joshua 7:6. Did they bow to the images on the Ark or to God before the Ark? Please answer.

Please can you clarify me on the significance of the ark and why Joshua expressed his grief before the ark ?

So are you saying all sculptures, paintings, pictures and drawings of landscape, trees, fish, humans, angels, saints, Jesus...are sinful? Please answer.

It says "...in likeness of anything above in heaven " . You are making images of Jesus - an entity above in Heaven .

We acknowledge the Statue of Jesus as 'The Statue of Jesus.' We don't acknowledge it as Jesus.

What's the point of making these statues like the pagans . Why cant you just worship God in truth and in spirit like us

Why don't you argue against our belief...rather than falsifying beliefs for us and arguing against your lies

Hehe ... we will see who will cry at the end of this argument cheesy
Re: More Photos Of The 'tallest Statue Of Jesus' Set To Be Unveiled In Imo State by italo: 1:50am On Dec 21, 2015
preetyb:
Did Jesus christ command u to do that?. if that was neccesary Christ would have told us so through his words and you would be taking an image with u whenever u want to pray. Why bother making an image to be ur mediator when u can speak directly to God and he will hear?.

So the Bible is not necessary since Christ didn't tell any one to compile it (in the bible)?

Our images aren't mediators...just like the Cherubs in the Ark weren't mediators. That's you misrepresenting Catholic practice because you cannot find a fault with our real practice and belief.
Re: More Photos Of The 'tallest Statue Of Jesus' Set To Be Unveiled In Imo State by italo: 2:08am On Dec 21, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Please can you clarify me on the significance of the ark and why Joshua expressed his grief before the ark ?

My question was: In Joshua7:6 Did they bow to the images on the Ark or to God before the Ark? Please answer.
KingEbukasBlog:

It says "...in likeness of anything above in heaven " . You are making images of Jesus - an entity above in Heaven .

KingEbukasBlog:

What's the point of making these statues like the pagans . Why cant you just worship God in truth and in spirit like us

So Joshua was a pagan? Moses was a pagan? Anyway, we use the images for the same reasons Joshua and Moses used images: to draw our minds to the things of God...and God manifests his presence through such images when they are consecrated. Images don't detract from worshiping God in spirit and truth. Paul's handkerchief healed people. Does it mean he was a pagan. Why did he send his handkerchief instead of telling them to talk to God directly. Was Paul a pagan too?

KingEbukasBlog:

Hehe ... we will see who will cry at the end of this argument cheesy

What has crying got to do with anything. I said if you must argue against Catholic belief, do so. Don't make up beliefs for us and argue against your own lies.
Re: More Photos Of The 'tallest Statue Of Jesus' Set To Be Unveiled In Imo State by preetyb(f): 9:00am On Dec 21, 2015
italo:

So the Bible is not necessary since Christ didn't tell any one to compile it (in the bible)?

Our images aren't mediators...just like the Cherubs in the Ark weren't mediators. That's you misrepresenting Catholic practice because you cannot find a fault with our real practice and belief.
The bible is not what is important to God but his word. The compilation was neccessary to man not to God because God can not forget his words but man can. Heb 10 vs 16 , heb 8 vs 10 and jer 31 vs 33 says God will put his law on our mind and write them in our heart. So he does not really need the help of man to do what ever he wants to do.

The fault in ur doctrine is so glaring that even the blind can see it but like it is written in Isaiah 6vs9, matt 13 vs13 and matt 13 vs14, mark 4 vs12. It said so that ”they may indeed see but not perceive and indeed hear but not understand least they turn and be forgiven“.
U only search the bible to get what u want so as to justify ur believe but u fail too see the commandment given after that which u seek.
Re: More Photos Of The 'tallest Statue Of Jesus' Set To Be Unveiled In Imo State by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:59pm On Dec 21, 2015
italo:

My question was: In Joshua7:6 Did they bow to the images on the Ark or to God before the Ark? Please answer.

So Joshua was a pagan? Moses was a pagan? Anyway, we use the images for the same reasons Joshua and Moses used images: to draw our minds to the things of God...and God manifests his presence through such images when they are consecrated. Images don't detract from worshiping God in spirit and truth. Paul's handkerchief healed people. Does it mean he was a pagan. Why did he send his handkerchief instead of telling them to talk to God directly. Was Paul a pagan too?

What has crying got to do with anything. I said if you must argue against Catholic belief, do so. Don't make up beliefs for us and argue against your own lies.

Italo .

1.Exodus 20:4

2.Leviticus 26:1

Lets blend the two verses for more clarifications , shall we ?

Do not make any graven image , idols or erect a standing image neither shall you set up stone in your land that resembles or looks like any thing that is in heaven above or that is in the water under the earth TO BOW DOWN to for the Lord is your God .

First quoted verse makes the statement , second quoted verse elucidates more on the first quoted verse adding that your shall not make these images to bow down to them .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tithe- Should It Be From My Basic Salary Or My Netpay. / Woman Knocks Down Pope At Christmas Mass / U.S. At Risk Of Sliding Into War With Iran: Brzezinski

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.