Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,039 members, 7,810,850 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:56 PM

Fear Of Arrest Grips Metuh Over Allegations Of Receiving N450m - SaharaReporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fear Of Arrest Grips Metuh Over Allegations Of Receiving N450m - SaharaReporters (21914 Views)

EFCC Operatives Arrest PDP Spokesperson Olisa Metuh Over N1.4b Fraud / EFCC To Quiz Olisa Metuh Over N1.4billion Balance In Account / APC Spokesman, Lai Threatens To Sue PDP Spokesman, Metuh Over Libel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fear Of Arrest Grips Metuh Over Allegations Of Receiving N450m - SaharaReporters by spako4(m): 11:37pm On Dec 15, 2015
Fear Of Arrest Grips PDP Publicity Secretary Metuh Over Allegations Of Taking N450m From Jonathan
- Sahara Reporters

The fear of a possible arrest by security agencies has gripped the National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party, Mr. Olisa Metuh.

At a crowded press conference at his office in Abuja on Tuesday, Metuh admitted undertook a special assignment for President Goodluck Jonathan during his term of office and was paid for it.

But Metuh refused to disclose the job or what he was paid for doing it, and didn't allow the reporters to ask any questions after the short briefing.

"In the course of my duties as the National Publicity Secretary of our party, the then leader of our party and President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria invited me and directed that I carry out some assignment relating to my office and which he duly funded,” was all he said.

He added, “It is important to note that the former President was fully satisfied with the way and manner I handled the assignment," as if the satisfaction of Mr. Jonathan meant the arrangement was justified and legal.

SaharaReporters has however been informed by government investigators looking into how the former regime diverted funds into the pockets of private party members and they said that Mr. Metuh’s alarm is based on the discovery that he received N450million from former President Goodluck Jonathan to mobilize the media for his re-election in 2015.

The monies, a security source noted, were never used for the purpose for which they was provided. They said Metuh promised to do a media tour and meet with editors, but only visited Daily Trust newspaper.

Our sources confirmed that Mr. Metuh, who has served two terms as the PDP National Publicity Secretary, had been billed to work with the party’s Board of Trustees chairman, Anthony Anenih.

However, when Mr. ‘Fix-It’ Anenih met Metuh, the party boss told Metuh he was already working with six editors at one of his properties in Abuja and demanded that Metuh pay rent to him to work from that site, an offer Metuh declined.

The investigators said they found a small amount was paid to a company, CMC Connect, as consultants for the perception management of President Jonathan’s failed campaign. The security agencies said Mr. Metuh diverted most of the monies released to him, thereby leading to his being ostracized by President Jonathan who then brought an outside gunslinger, Femi Fani-Kayode, to man his publicity section for him.

When SaharaReporters reached out to Mr. Metuh, he said that as a “loyal” party man, he would not disclose any details of his “assignment for the President,” a phrase reminiscent of the rigging of the Ekiti governorship polls in which Deputy Minister Musiliu Obanikoro kept telling co-conspirators on the eve of the election he was on “assignment” for Mr. Jonathan.

Metuh however told our correspondent he was raising an alarm was because his life was in danger by elements close to the Buhari regime, alleging that several attempts have already been made on his life and that he has hidden from his family to avoid alarming them, especially his wife.

He denied receiving any monies from the former National Security Adviser, Rtd. Col. Sambo Dasuki, affirming only his assignment for Mr. Jonathan.

Security agencies are accusing Metuh of buying real estate properties in Dubai from the Jonathan payment, but the party spokesman denies the charge, saying he has been in the property business in Dubai since 2005.

Mr. Metuh told SaharaReporters that he has not yet been invited by any security agency to discuss the allegations against him, saying he was hearing about the N450m allegation from us for the first time.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/12/15/fear-arrest-grips-pdp-publicity-secretary-metuh-over-allegations-taking-n450m-jonathan

5 Likes

Re: Fear Of Arrest Grips Metuh Over Allegations Of Receiving N450m - SaharaReporters by DikSin(m): 11:46pm On Dec 15, 2015
Um! Finally, stealing is now corruption in NIGERIA

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fear Of Arrest Grips Metuh Over Allegations Of Receiving N450m - SaharaReporters by StOla: 11:58pm On Dec 15, 2015
Metuh go dey wish say Buhari slow down.

From Baba Go Slow to Baba Slow down.

Metuh has began to fear the consequences of his actions and has decided to speak up unbidden.

Truly, whenever Buhari said he will fight corruption, Metuh must have died a million times.

No wonder they keep advising the Buhari regime to leave the anticorruption fight and focus on other matters. One would wonder if all the ministries and agencies in Nigeria are focused on fighting corruption.

As it is now, some would slump and die just hearing police siren outside their street. The wise ones had already taken off at the end of May, on what they termed "well deserved rest".

136 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Fear Of Arrest Grips Metuh Over Allegations Of Receiving N450m - SaharaReporters by theV0ice: 11:59pm On Dec 15, 2015
Hmmm....the way this thing is going, i have to check all alerts i received since Dasuki came into office as NSA......

To be doubly sure he didn't credit me by mistake o shocked shocked

This matter don pass be careful

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fear Of Arrest Grips Metuh Over Allegations Of Receiving N450m - SaharaReporters by aieromon(m): 12:01am On Dec 16, 2015
Oga Metuh,be ready to face the consequences of your actions. We can now see the reason for your press briefing. It seems you must have been invited by the EFCC for a brief discussion.

Bros J,your fuckup no get part 2.....N450 million? angry

Good one,SR.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/12/15/fear-arrest-grips-pdp-publicity-secretary-metuh-over-allegations-taking-n450m-jonathan

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fear Of Arrest Grips Metuh Over Allegations Of Receiving N450m - SaharaReporters by ndukwejoe(m): 12:26am On Dec 16, 2015
PDP share the mone y!

15 Likes

Re: Fear Of Arrest Grips Metuh Over Allegations Of Receiving N450m - SaharaReporters by madridguy(m): 12:43am On Dec 16, 2015
God don catch them.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fear Of Arrest Grips Metuh Over Allegations Of Receiving N450m - SaharaReporters by tyson99(m): 12:47am On Dec 16, 2015
oh boy!
Re: Fear Of Arrest Grips Metuh Over Allegations Of Receiving N450m - SaharaReporters by Pheals(f): 1:12am On Dec 16, 2015
Looking up to God make dansuki no mention my name o (shaking )

4 Likes

Re: Fear Of Arrest Grips Metuh Over Allegations Of Receiving N450m - SaharaReporters by utytill(m): 3:17am On Dec 16, 2015
market women ,opc , arewa, afinefere, ex-convicts, IDP camps, footballers, musicians, comedians, bloggers, tv hosts, DJ, nollywood, dancers and even undertakers fit join this matter.may i dey look.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fear Of Arrest Grips Metuh Over Allegations Of Receiving N450m - SaharaReporters by FastShipping: 3:34am On Dec 16, 2015
theV0ice:
Hmmm....the way this thing is going, i have to check all alerts i received since Dasuki came into office as NSA......

To be doubly sure he didn't credit me by mistake o shocked shocked

This matter don pass be careful

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fear Of Arrest Grips Metuh Over Allegations Of Receiving N450m - SaharaReporters by coolcharm(m): 3:59am On Dec 16, 2015
Lol... no wonder he has been unusually quiet lately cheesy

#MetuhGate loading....... grin

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fear Of Arrest Grips Metuh Over Allegations Of Receiving N450m - SaharaReporters by koxyz: 4:01am On Dec 16, 2015
M
Re: Fear Of Arrest Grips Metuh Over Allegations Of Receiving N450m - SaharaReporters by spako4(m): 4:36am On Dec 16, 2015
He that lives in a glass should not throw stones

5 Likes

Re: Fear Of Arrest Grips Metuh Over Allegations Of Receiving N450m - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 5:19am On Dec 16, 2015
if dieziani Alison maduekwe is still walking free, then they ain't started yet!!

6 Likes

Re: Fear Of Arrest Grips Metuh Over Allegations Of Receiving N450m - SaharaReporters by Sanchez01: 5:38am On Dec 16, 2015
Honestly, I'm not sure if most persons are surprised at this. Metuh can't be clean if the likes of Bode George is not. The beauty of the whole thing, as it stands is that this should not bother most people as it is an intra-party affair. Metuh misappropriated his oga's money, his oga vexed and hired a beautiful singer who could not guarantee him a return.

I'm still waiting for the spotlight to shine on Ayo Ortisejafor and Obanikoro.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fear Of Arrest Grips Metuh Over Allegations Of Receiving N450m - SaharaReporters by edo3(m): 6:01am On Dec 16, 2015
E yaff happened,,o ti sele..

1 Like

Re: Fear Of Arrest Grips Metuh Over Allegations Of Receiving N450m - SaharaReporters by PentiumPro(f): 6:11am On Dec 16, 2015
PDP is finished as far as Nigeria politics is concerned

8 Likes

Re: Fear Of Arrest Grips Metuh Over Allegations Of Receiving N450m - SaharaReporters by ALTERNATEID: 6:28am On Dec 16, 2015
No wonder he did panicky press conference yesterday to mislead the public. No sentimental support for Metuh, if indeed he collected N450million from GEJ, he should go and explain to investigators what the money was meant for. Emotional press conference won't save him from investigation and prosecution if he's found guilty.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fear Of Arrest Grips Metuh Over Allegations Of Receiving N450m - SaharaReporters by porrigeyam(m): 6:38am On Dec 16, 2015
grin grin grin
Metuh u neva chin chum chi
Re: Fear Of Arrest Grips Metuh Over Allegations Of Receiving N450m - SaharaReporters by veraponpo(m): 6:46am On Dec 16, 2015
N450m?

Jonathan!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fear Of Arrest Grips Metuh Over Allegations Of Receiving N450m - SaharaReporters by disloman(m): 7:04am On Dec 16, 2015
You called for press conference.You didn't disclose what you did for Jona and how much you were paid but claiming people are after your life as if they kill you,They will make heaven.I'm not surprised sha.What do I expect from PDP sef?Except of cluelessness and stupidity.

12 Likes

Re: Fear Of Arrest Grips Metuh Over Allegations Of Receiving N450m - SaharaReporters by looseweight: 8:37am On Dec 16, 2015
I haven't heard about him a while
Re: Fear Of Arrest Grips Metuh Over Allegations Of Receiving N450m - SaharaReporters by gunners160(m): 8:37am On Dec 16, 2015
Let us be sincere 4 once,is Buhari administration really living up to their words?They are just too sentimental and they are only focused on witch haunting only people from Jonathan's administration.In all honesty,I think it is high time they start working and focus on this present administration and stop dis nitwit and sentimental behaviour.Yes,we knw Jonathanw's government is corrupt but what are the solutions and way foward

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fear Of Arrest Grips Metuh Over Allegations Of Receiving N450m - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 16, 2015
Don't use Nairaland for illegal acts, e.g scams, plagiarism, hacking, gay meetings, incitement, promoting Biafra.
Re: Fear Of Arrest Grips Metuh Over Allegations Of Receiving N450m - SaharaReporters by sweatlana: 8:39am On Dec 16, 2015
HIS ADMINISTRATION SHOULD STOP THIS NONSENSE AND FOCUS ON FIXING THE ECONOMY.
WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND!

BUHARI WILL LEAVE OFFICE ONE DAY TOO!

1 Like

Re: Fear Of Arrest Grips Metuh Over Allegations Of Receiving N450m - SaharaReporters by 20bc(m): 8:39am On Dec 16, 2015
You are already shitting your pants out grin
Re: Fear Of Arrest Grips Metuh Over Allegations Of Receiving N450m - SaharaReporters by GMan650(m): 8:39am On Dec 16, 2015
ENDTIME NATION

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How FG Plans To Deal With Dogara, Others Over Budget Padding / Hundreds Of Northerners Leave Port Harcourt Today (Photos) / Chimamanda Adichie Is Not Defending Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.