Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,975 members, 7,817,873 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Buhari, Jonathan To Appear Before Parliament In Ghana - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Jonathan To Appear Before Parliament In Ghana (2060 Views)

I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG / "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate / Buhari To Speak To EU Parliament In France, Source Says He Will Also See Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari, Jonathan To Appear Before Parliament In Ghana by DONSMITH123(m): 7:04am On Dec 16, 2015
Goodluck Ebele Jonathan and Muhammadu Buhari, are being considered to be invited by the Ghanaian parliament.

The forthcoming Ghanaian general election has been marked out by political analysts as the most crucial contest yet, hence the need to invite President Muhammadu Buhari and former president Goodluck Jonathan who have been in the eye of the storm.

Speaker of Parliament, Edward Doe Adjaho, said the Nigerian leaders will be instrumental in diffusing the election tension in Ghana.

Adjaho said he wants PMB and GEJ to share experiences on how Nigeria managed to sail through a very sensitive election that saw the transfer of political power to an opposition party for the first time since independence.

Professor Attahiru Jega, former chairman of Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), is already in the country sharing his experiences in having handled the polls.

Prof Jega delivered a lecture organized by the Institute of Economic Affairs on Tuesday, December 15.

During the lecture, he charged Ghana and Nigeria to transfer the passion to outdo each other on the football pitch, to a competition of who has the best democratic credentials.

Jega on Tuesday turned to parliament where he paid a courtesy call on the parliamentary leadership in Accra.

Speaking on a controversial debate regarding the need for a new voters’ register, the former INEC boss, advised that the discussions must not take a political dimension.

The Nigerian electoral commissioner also met with opposition leader, Nana Akufo-Addo.

It is worthy to note that Jega made history after overseeing polls in March 2015 in which 72-year-old Buhari’s All Progressives Congress (APC), defeated arch-rival Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) which governed Africa’s most populous nation for the past 16 years.

Despite reported administrative inefficiencies, the INEC chairman was credited with organizing an election believed to be the most transparent in the history of Nigeria.

Recall that in a very engaging process, Nigerians took to social media to post pictures and videos of delays and any irregularities, and got INEC officials to respond to problems reported at different polling units as they came in.

Meanwhile, as Jonathan and Buhari get recognition for their roles in Nigeria’s landmark election, another former president of Nigeria got berated by Ghana’s incumbent president, John Mahama.

The Whistle reports that Mahama hurled abuses at ex-president Olusegun Obasanjo, calling him “an idiot” and a “stupid buffoon”.

The two spat on each other, with the Ghanaian president lashing out at Obasanjo at the African Investment Forum, which held between December 1 and 2 in Westminster, London.

Cc: lalasticlala

https://www.naij.com/668245-senate-invite-buhari-jonathan-elections.html

Re: Buhari, Jonathan To Appear Before Parliament In Ghana by OsusuMustFlow(f): 7:08am On Dec 16, 2015
nice one.
Re: Buhari, Jonathan To Appear Before Parliament In Ghana by madridguy(m): 7:08am On Dec 16, 2015
For once Ghana accepted say Oga na Master, bunch of garrulous set of people.
Re: Buhari, Jonathan To Appear Before Parliament In Ghana by Untainted007: 7:08am On Dec 16, 2015
Why Ghana? When has Ghana become the intermediary for Nigerian politicians?
Re: Buhari, Jonathan To Appear Before Parliament In Ghana by OnankpaBa(m): 7:09am On Dec 16, 2015
Jega My hero. Orubebe where are you ooooooooooooooooo cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Jonathan To Appear Before Parliament In Ghana by DONSMITH123(m): 7:12am On Dec 16, 2015
Untainted007:

Jonathan and Buhari get recognition for their roles in Nigeria’s landmark election. Did you seat down to ask yourself what would have happened if Jonathan did not accept defeat?

To me, both PMB and GEJ tried in terms of peace.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Jonathan To Appear Before Parliament In Ghana by oluwaSmith1(f): 7:13am On Dec 16, 2015
good
Re: Buhari, Jonathan To Appear Before Parliament In Ghana by OnankpaBa(m): 7:16am On Dec 16, 2015
DONSMITH123:

Jonathan and Buhari get recognition for their roles in Nigeria’s landmark election. Did you seat down to ask yourself what would have happened if Jonathan did not accept defeat?

SERIOUSLY.
Re: Buhari, Jonathan To Appear Before Parliament In Ghana by madridguy(m): 7:16am On Dec 16, 2015
Nothing will happen than GEJ to end up like Laurent Gbagbo and spend the rest of his life in inbox.

DONSMITH123:

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Jonathan To Appear Before Parliament In Ghana by OnankpaBa(m): 7:16am On Dec 16, 2015
SAI BABAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Re: Buhari, Jonathan To Appear Before Parliament In Ghana by Airforce1(m): 7:18am On Dec 16, 2015
Nice one

Respect president jonathan

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Jonathan To Appear Before Parliament In Ghana by SmithEnemona(m): 7:18am On Dec 16, 2015
NICE
Re: Buhari, Jonathan To Appear Before Parliament In Ghana by PRYCE(m): 7:19am On Dec 16, 2015
Kudos to the Founder of 'real' democracy!...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Jonathan To Appear Before Parliament In Ghana by DONSMITH123(m): 7:20am On Dec 16, 2015
madridguy:
Nothing will happen than GEJ to end up like Laurent Gbagbo and spend the rest of his life in inbox.

Guy , you bad o. Well, i knew you are referring to the armsgate, but believed me bro. I don't see Jonathan been invited.
Re: Buhari, Jonathan To Appear Before Parliament In Ghana by OnankpaBa(m): 7:23am On Dec 16, 2015
madridguy:

God bless you my guy. After travelling like ajanla, he should get ready to spend some time with Mosquitoes in Kuje like Dokpesi.

Cc: Okonjo Iweala, Alison get ready..
Re: Buhari, Jonathan To Appear Before Parliament In Ghana by OnankpaBa(m): 7:24am On Dec 16, 2015
PRYCE:

and the killer of treasury. (Jonathan)
Re: Buhari, Jonathan To Appear Before Parliament In Ghana by Nobody: 7:24am On Dec 16, 2015
Very stewpid
Re: Buhari, Jonathan To Appear Before Parliament In Ghana by madridguy(m): 7:24am On Dec 16, 2015
To me GEJ will be a free man concerning Dasuki gate, am referring back to election time should be incase he failed to handover power to PMB.

DONSMITH123:

Guy , you bad o. Well, i knew you are referring to the armsgate, but believed me bro. I don't see Jonathan been invited.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Jonathan To Appear Before Parliament In Ghana by SirSmithHarry(m): 7:26am On Dec 16, 2015
Re: Buhari, Jonathan To Appear Before Parliament In Ghana by OsusuMustFlow(f): 7:28am On Dec 16, 2015
PRYCE:
Re: Buhari, Jonathan To Appear Before Parliament In Ghana by Shortyy(f): 7:31am On Dec 16, 2015
All thanks to Uncle J and no thanks to Buharia.
Re: Buhari, Jonathan To Appear Before Parliament In Ghana by kossyablaze(m): 7:31am On Dec 16, 2015
Inconclusive appearance
Re: Buhari, Jonathan To Appear Before Parliament In Ghana by DONSMITH123(m): 7:56am On Dec 16, 2015
cheesy
kossyablaze:
Inconclusive appearance
Re: Buhari, Jonathan To Appear Before Parliament In Ghana by DONSMITH123(m): 7:56am On Dec 16, 2015
Cc: lalasticlala
Re: Buhari, Jonathan To Appear Before Parliament In Ghana by OnankpaBa(m): 7:57am On Dec 16, 2015
Shortyy:
All thanks to Uncle J and no thanks to Buharia.

are they paying you for wailing?
Re: Buhari, Jonathan To Appear Before Parliament In Ghana by Shortyy(f): 8:02am On Dec 16, 2015
OnankpaBa:

No. They are paying you for being f00lish an blind. yeye dey smell

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Jonathan To Appear Before Parliament In Ghana by Shortyy(f): 8:02am On Dec 16, 2015
OnankpaBa:

No. They are paying you for being f00lish an blind. yeye dey smell
Re: Buhari, Jonathan To Appear Before Parliament In Ghana by Dannyset(m): 8:04am On Dec 16, 2015
Let Uncle Jona go and represent himself and Mr President. For now, we have seized the President's passport. No more travelling.
Re: Buhari, Jonathan To Appear Before Parliament In Ghana by Untainted007: 8:05am On Dec 16, 2015
DONSMITH123:

Bros I'm not saying anything about GEJ accepting defeat or not. All I'm saying why choosing Ghana has a place of meeting? Is there no more venues in Nigeria? How many times has Ghana or other African countries made Nigeria a place of dispute settlement or an avenue of reconciliation?
Re: Buhari, Jonathan To Appear Before Parliament In Ghana by uwa1(m): 8:21am On Dec 16, 2015
No one has it all.... On this note I will say DAT GEJ is a father of democracy.....
Re: Buhari, Jonathan To Appear Before Parliament In Ghana by henchamb(m): 8:30am On Dec 16, 2015
Untainted007:
Read before you spew trash
Re: Buhari, Jonathan To Appear Before Parliament In Ghana by drey076(m): 8:35am On Dec 16, 2015
DONSMITH123:

The worst that can happen is for Jonathan to set otueke ablaze. Nothing more can happen. Let us stop celebrating mediocrity. Jonathan is even a disgrace to his region in terms of management of the economy. The first sitting president to loose election landslide despite rigging.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Graphic Pics Of Traditional Ruler Shot Yesterday In Bayelsa Post-Election Crisis / Nigeria Shi’a Group Releases 705 Names, Photos Of Its Missing Members / An Old Article By Femi Adeshina On The Aburi Accord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.