Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,740 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Top 10 Best Nig. Investment Banks In This Meltdown Period? - Investment (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Top 10 Best Nig. Investment Banks In This Meltdown Period? (122796 Views)

3 Easy Ways To Survive The Present Financial Meltdown In The Nigerian Economy / Beware Of Wonder Banks, CBN Warns / The Meltdown Of The Nigerian Capital Market: Causes And Consequences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Best Nig. Investment Banks In This Meltdown Period? by TCann(m): 10:24am On Apr 17, 2013
candylips: lol the fisher man and big boys theory plays out in majority of peoples life.

but i think most people will rather have it this way.

reason may be because.

When u are old and retired you should take life slow and enjoy the rest of your days

When u are young and active. you should explore your intellect to the fullest, become the best you can be in your career.

living a fishermans' life all ones life sucks actually especially when u are young and restless

Hmmmmm, so what does it amount to - the cyclical existence- what has been gained? the professionalism over the years? the 4am wakings and 11pm chicken sleepings to wake again for 4am. No time for family and friends. The near stroke almost occasioned by the corporate lifestyle. What are our life priorities? How useful are the Financial modellings, the Monte Carlos models at the end of the day on a beach prolly somewhere in Epe or Florida? Maybe just to sit on the beach and reminisce all your achievements and office politics played. Most won't even take up mentoring or volunteer lecturing to pass down what they ve acquired in the yrs of office politicking, practical technical knowledge acquired that schools dont and possibly can't teach.

Candylips, you see.....nothing dey der!! cos those "most people" that you re referring to use half of their lives and lots of resources to school, in preparation to work and climb the ladder of the corporate world (with the attendant happenings- both the bad and not too bad, in btw those thirty something yrs) and and back to the question- AFTER THEN, WHAT

I'll tell you the story of a friend's pop very soon.
Re: Top 10 Best Nig. Investment Banks In This Meltdown Period? by omidan21: 6:38pm On May 23, 2013
T-Cann:

Abi, May God help us. grin

Any one have reliable info on vetiva capitals management pre-employment aptitute test.pls house bring it on.opportunity comes but once,I don't wanna lOse dis one I heard their cut off is 60percent,oi wanna beat more than that.pls house,contribute to my success story by replying my post.
Re: Top 10 Best Nig. Investment Banks In This Meltdown Period? by omidan21: 12:16pm On May 25, 2013
kcpumpin: Please I'm in for a test at vetiva later this week, Ild appreciate anybody with detailed idea or experience on how to prepare for this test to avail such information to me asap. Your kindness is well appreciated..

Please oohh,aw was ur vetiva test,I am writing in less than 48 hrs from now.kindly help a sister,io really do need to blast this test.I ve been reading up IEC GMAT, do you think that is enough.pls urgent response as regards the test format
Re: Top 10 Best Nig. Investment Banks In This Meltdown Period? by Omoladee: 1:32pm On Jun 06, 2013
Re: Top 10 Best Nig. Investment Banks In This Meltdown Period? by oladayos: 12:18pm On Aug 01, 2013
Hi guyz, can u pls help me with capital vetiva test formate. Am writing dir test in few hours timz.
Re: Top 10 Best Nig. Investment Banks In This Meltdown Period? by DisGuy: 2:09pm On Aug 01, 2013
lool ^^

i will look for it and post it 2moro
Re: Top 10 Best Nig. Investment Banks In This Meltdown Period? by nitrogen(m): 8:55pm On Aug 01, 2013
Dis Guy: lool ^^

i will look for it and post it 2moro
cheesy grin cheesy grin
Bros, you are not nice oh!
Re: Top 10 Best Nig. Investment Banks In This Meltdown Period? by DisGuy: 7:51pm On Aug 05, 2013
the guy fit postpone him test for some expo na!

all these guys asking for format on NL, I'm sure SAT, SHL, GMAT revision is enough really
Re: Top 10 Best Nig. Investment Banks In This Meltdown Period? by AjanleKoko: 8:16pm On Aug 05, 2013
Dis Guy: the guy fit postpone him test for some expo na!

all these guys asking for format on NL, I'm sure SAT, SHL, GMAT revision is enough really

Don't really get it myself.
I would be worried if I was a CEO or corporate recruiter, and came on NL. undecided
Re: Top 10 Best Nig. Investment Banks In This Meltdown Period? by Yhemysam(m): 9:33pm On Oct 24, 2013
Hello,

Please who knows how much WSTC financial Services Ltd pay (Net Salary) fresh graduate with ACA. And any relevant interview tips.

Pls I need urgent response. I have their Interview tomorrow morning (Friday25/10/2013).

Plsss!
Re: Top 10 Best Nig. Investment Banks In This Meltdown Period? by Yhemysam(m): 7:49am On Oct 25, 2013
URGENT!!!
Pls, can anyone tell me how much WSTC Financial Services LTD pay (Net Salary) a fresh graduate with ACA. Pls Urgent. I have their interview this morning!!!
Re: Top 10 Best Nig. Investment Banks In This Meltdown Period? by AjanleKoko: 10:22am On Oct 25, 2013
Yhemysam: URGENT!!!
Pls, can anyone tell me how much WSTC Financial Services LTD pay (Net Salary) a fresh graduate with ACA. Pls Urgent. I have their interview this morning!!!

What would you do with it?
You want to make sure they don't cheat you, abi wetin? undecided cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Best Nig. Investment Banks In This Meltdown Period? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Oct 28, 2013
Please can someone tell about BGL and how credible they are, because I plan doing a long term investment with them. And If you were to advice me on any investment bank to work with which one will it be. Thanks
Re: Top 10 Best Nig. Investment Banks In This Meltdown Period? by alltoolscontac: 11:35pm On Oct 28, 2013
Now you can buy the best spam tools from this site: fullzshop. net
Here you can find the best tools and professional personal!
Buy one product and if is not good i will replace in maximum 1 hours!!

We waitting there!!
Re: Top 10 Best Nig. Investment Banks In This Meltdown Period? by manie(m): 6:30am On Oct 29, 2013
dr_joshua2000: Please can someone tell about BGL and how credible they are, because I plan doing a long term investment with them. And If you were to advice me on any investment bank to work with which one will it be. Thanks

I use BGL Securities and I can recommend them to anybody, if you are interested I can give you the number of account officer.
Re: Top 10 Best Nig. Investment Banks In This Meltdown Period? by kazala: 9:24am On Dec 05, 2013
Bosses, i hail oh. abeg who has any idea of the test format for partnership invest. company and probably their pay package.
n pls if given the opportunity to choose btw partnership or ARM , which una go pick.
Re: Top 10 Best Nig. Investment Banks In This Meltdown Period? by chandler05: 8:10pm On Jan 06, 2014
Good day,
For those who are interested in buying C.F.A level 1,2,& 3 mock exams past questions and secret sauce[secret sauce it is not EXPO, it is just the major concepts on 2 sheets of paper ] . please call 07044583805
2008-2013
Re: Top 10 Best Nig. Investment Banks In This Meltdown Period? by bookface: 12:27am On Aug 26, 2014
TCann:

Hmmmmm, so what does it amount to - the cyclical existence- what has been gained? the professionalism over the years? the 4am wakings and 11pm chicken sleepings to wake again for 4am. No time for family and friends. The near stroke almost occasioned by the corporate lifestyle. What are our life priorities? How useful are the Financial modellings, the Monte Carlos models at the end of the day on a beach prolly somewhere in Epe or Florida? Maybe just to sit on the beach and reminisce all your achievements and office politics played. Most won't even take up mentoring or volunteer lecturing to pass down what they ve acquired in the yrs of office politicking, practical technical knowledge acquired that schools dont and possibly can't teach.

Candylips, you see.....nothing dey der!! cos those "most people" that you re referring to use half of their lives and lots of resources to school, in preparation to work and climb the ladder of the corporate world (with the attendant happenings- both the bad and not too bad, in btw those thirty something yrs) and and back to the question- AFTER THEN, WHAT

I'll tell you the story of a friend's pop very soon.

Thanks for opening up this thread. Do you still work in IB?
Re: Top 10 Best Nig. Investment Banks In This Meltdown Period? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 12, 2014
Re: Top 10 Best Nig. Investment Banks In This Meltdown Period? by Koffies(f): 12:59pm On Feb 26, 2015
Please guys, I need the annual revenue of some investment banks (BGL Nigeria, Vetia, CHDM and Afrinvest) embarassed Please if anyone has an idea on how I can get it, I'd appreciate it. Its for a research on the investment banking industry
Re: Top 10 Best Nig. Investment Banks In This Meltdown Period? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Mar 02, 2015
In addition to CFA, take a look at CAIA on www.caia.org
Re: Top 10 Best Nig. Investment Banks In This Meltdown Period? by ElDeeVee(m): 6:48pm On Mar 05, 2015
Jarus:
Let me attempt to analyse some of these instituions based on what I know about them.

VETIVA
I had a brief stint there in 2007, pre-NYSC and till today I'm still a friend of the company. They are a very nice set of people. I met their MD in my present company(both of us were waiting for the elevator) and he easily recognized me. I have also met their company secretary and other top notch recently, after leaving the company. We still relate. I still use one of them as my referee even till now.
Vetiva is a well-paying organization, but you'll work your ass off. By 5pm, the day is just starting, if you get what I mean!
You will be trained on the job. I joined them just weeks after finishing university, and that was my first work experience.
They maintain a small staff strenght of about 25 staff, 20% of which are either NYSC or Pre-NYSC. They don't take just any corper, you write their standard test and interview, and they give you the job and pay you 50k monthly plus free lunch, with the intention of using your service year to assess your capability. If you perform well, they will staff you, and welcome to money! The common route for employing fresh graduates in the company is through this pre-NYSC and NYSC arrangement, but some people have criticized this as cheap labour(you work for more than one year, earning just 50K). Sometimes though, they hire fresh graduates that had served elsewhere.
But in any case, as a permanent staff, entry level, your monthly take-home is in the region of 200K. But where the bulk of your income will come is from the profit sharing and other bonus schemes. Being a company with small staff strenght, but huge profits, an entry level may receive up to a million, if not more, as share of profit.
Another thing mention-worthy is that they hold their annual retreat abroad every year and all staff, including corpers, go.
Also, if you are in corporate finance, you will have the opportunity of meeting who-is-who in corporate Nigeria through the various meetings you hold with them. In my brief stay there, I had the rare priviledge of meeting and interacting with CEOs and EDs I see on newspapers.
All in all, Vetiva is a very good company pay- and exposure-wise, but if you are the weak type that easily fall sick, then please don't go near.

IBTC Asset Mgt:

I wrote the tests and interviews of IBTC and Vetiva around the same time(Dec 2006) and I landed offer from both,and asked to resume same day (Jan 3, 2007). But for some personal reasons,I chose Vetiva. My brother, who we live under the same roof, is the MD of IBTC Asset Mgt(IAML), and I didn't want us to be in same company.
I will not say much about IAML but it's a very good company. The pay for pre-NYSC and NYSC during that time was 60k and 106k respectively, but I learnt they have slashed it to 30K now. Like, Vetiva, they recruit you standardly, not just any posting from camp. You write test and interviews like normal entry level recruitment, and after service you will be staffed but their take-home, for entry level, is not as high as that of Vetiva, but they have avery good training culture. Unlike Vetiva, they have a more standard promotion structure.some of my friends also had brief stints there before moving to P&G and Shell, and a couple are still there.

BGL
One of my closest friends worked briefly with them before moving to Glo and later GTB. Pitiably, he didn't say good about them. They are not that structured and pay package is somehow arbitrary. You will see somebody of your level earning higher than you and there will be no clear explanation for the differential. They however have the brand as a force to reckon with in Nigeria's investment banking system.

MERRISTEM
This is another coy I know quite much about. The whole of their research dept was once dominated by my friends in Ife Economics and Accounting. The current head of their research was my tutorial teacher in Ife(two years my senior, TKB's classmate) and still very close to me. One of his subordinates was my class mate and another my immediate junior. And a number of my friends were there briefly in 2007/2008.
To go straight to the point, as a corper or Pre-NYSC staff, you collect 50K per month, after being staffed or recruited fresh as an entry level you collect around 166K per month take-home. This was as at mid-last year. I'm not sure of what goes on there now.
All in all, Merristem is another company with great prospect. If you join them and stay,you can easily rise as they expand.
Their MD is also a family friend.

GREENWICH
One of my close classmates work here but I don't know mucha bout them

AFRIBANK CAPITAL
I have a friend here too, but I don't know much about them. But I have a feeling taht their pay is OK.

ZENITH CAPITAL
I don't have exact figures about their packages, but for somebody to move from Vetiva, despite their pay, to Zenith Capital makes me suspect there are some goodies there too. A former colleague of mine in Vetiva, with masters from Cambridge, did that.

PS: This is just a well-intended sharing of job information. No intention of bad-mouthing any organization, just as any figure quoted here is not authoritative.

hello jarus, i will like to know how vetiva interview is....i ve been invited for an interview and i dont know wat to expect...pls its very urgent
Re: Top 10 Best Nig. Investment Banks In This Meltdown Period? by oluwagbengaa: 5:08pm On Apr 24, 2015
Pls, who has an idea of Wstc's aptitude test format.
Re: Top 10 Best Nig. Investment Banks In This Meltdown Period? by donkel: 10:50am On Jun 06, 2015
I am really grateful for the info u guys have given me in this group. Tanx
Re: Top 10 Best Nig. Investment Banks In This Meltdown Period? by julz24: 11:12am On Jul 31, 2015
This is an enlightening thread. I was sent a text by Meristem for an assessment ,please what is the assessment like?
Re: Top 10 Best Nig. Investment Banks In This Meltdown Period? by bleexInc(m): 5:53pm On Nov 07, 2015
nice info
Re: Top 10 Best Nig. Investment Banks In This Meltdown Period? by Propene: 9:51am On Jun 28, 2016
Jarus:
Investment banking has different aspects(Corporate Finance, Stockbroking, Wealth/asset mgt, Trade/project finance etc), and some of these institutions have different aspects as their stronghold. For example, when I was in one of these institutions(Vetiva, to be precise), we were very strong in Corporate Finance and in fact there was hardly any big merger and acquisition and capital raising exercise we didn't partake in, whether as issuing house or financial adviser. Our hands were full then, and we even had to be rejecting some offers we considered too small. This was during the banking/insurance consolidation period. However, we were not very strong in stockbroking and asset management. When it comes to asset management, IBTC easily had it then.

Overall then, IBTC were rated first, BGL second and Vetiva third.

I'm no longer in this system and I have lost touch of happenings in the system. So I can't comment on their current standing now.

Hello Bro,

i sent you a mail, Kindly check your box, i have some questions to ask about investment banking. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

MMM Nigeria: 'I Am Doomed; I Need My Money Back...' Tears, Wailings Trail 'crash / MMM Blocks Withdrawal Of Funds For One Month! / Get Help Worldwide Is In Its Last Days. Beware!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.