Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Trump Hits Record Poll High As Americans Back Billionaire After Muslim Ban - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Trump Hits Record Poll High As Americans Back Billionaire After Muslim Ban (8103 Views)

Buhari Scraps Nigerian Film Village Plan After Muslim Clerics Complained / Goodluck Jonathan Sizes Himself With Some Nigerian-americans (photo) / Nigeria Hits Record High Of Daily Electricity Transmission - 101,088 MWH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trump Hits Record Poll High As Americans Back Billionaire After Muslim Ban by sportskid(m): 3:34pm On Dec 16, 2015
The billionaire businessman is aiming to become the next President of the United States

The billionaire businessman who is aiming to become the next President of the United States broke the 40 per cent mark – and rocketed to a record level of support among would-be voters.

The Monmouth University poll is the first insight into how Americans across the country view the controversial Republican candidate after his proposal to ban all Muslims from coming into the country.

Now Donald Trump clashes with Saudi prince in 'ban Muslims' row

Donald Trump's hideous hairpiece leaves home… gets spotted in jungle
According to the results surveying voters identifying as Republican or independents leaning toward the party, Trump’s 41 per cent support was nearly triple that of his closest rival, Texas Senator Ted Cruz, who took 14 per cent.

Mr Trump’s incredible dominance means that he now holds his most commanding national lead yet – with 27 points in the race for the Republican presidential nomination

The revealing poll is not good reading for other candidates in the race, as behind Mr Cruz, Marco Rubio polls at 10 per cent, neurosurgeon Ben Carson slumps to nine per cent, and all other candidate score below five per cent.

GETTY

Trump stunned the media around the world by declaring the US should ban Muslims from the country

Even Jeb Bush, the previous favourite to be nominated in the race, hit a new low of just three per cent support.

Patrick Murray, director of the polling institute, said: “It has become abundantly clear that Trump is giving his supporters exactly what they want, even if what he says causes the Republican leadership and many Republican voters to cringe.”

GETTY

The controversial Republican candidate wants to ban all Muslims from entering the US

Mr Trump himself went to social media to celebrate the poll results.

He posted: "Looks like we just broke another polling ceiling.

"While the establishment schemes to nominate someone they control – the voters are clearly indicating that they want someone who will fix the broken political system in DC. Thank you for your support! We will #‎MakeAmericaGreatAgain!"

Just last week, Trump stunned the media around the world by declaring the US should ban Muslims from the country “until our country’s representatives can figure out what is going on".

GETTY

Mr Trump’s incredible dominance means that he now holds his most commanding national lead yet

The remark drew widespread condemnation from lawmakers, including most Republicans.

Mr Trump's rise in support comes as Republican voters revealed that national security and terrorism were their biggest concerns going into the election.

An overwhelming 33 per cent said Mr Trump can best handle terrorism, while 24 per cent chose Mr Cruz and nine per cent picked Mr Rubio

Trump's latest poll numbers defy continued speculation that he has "peaked" in the GOP field.

Since Monmouth University last surveyed Republican voters in mid-October, the outspoken businessman has expanded his lead by 13 percentage points, from 28 percent.

Trump's favourability rating has also seen a nine-point increase in the last two months, reaching an all-time high in the latest poll.

He currently enjoys a net-positive rating of 61-29 percent, while Cruz and Rubio are viewed favorably by 55 percent and 58 percent of GOP voters, respectively.

Despite a large majority – 65 per cent – agreeing that Mr Trump has the temperatment to be president – his support drops among other Republican voters.

A combined 53 per cent of respondents said they would be "dissatisfied" or "upset" if Trump succeeds in becoming their party's nominee.
http://www.breaknews.xyz/trump-hits-record-poll-high-as-americans-back-billionaire-after-muslim-ban-proposal/

Re: Trump Hits Record Poll High As Americans Back Billionaire After Muslim Ban by xpac01(m): 3:42pm On Dec 16, 2015
Good for him.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Trump Hits Record Poll High As Americans Back Billionaire After Muslim Ban by IgrigiEOD: 4:01pm On Dec 16, 2015
**grins** The muslims will be scared shhhit! **grins**

26 Likes

Re: Trump Hits Record Poll High As Americans Back Billionaire After Muslim Ban by PureWays(m): 4:14pm On Dec 16, 2015
I just hope this man's "shiit talks" won't eventually result to war, that's if he becomes American president.

3 Likes

Re: Trump Hits Record Poll High As Americans Back Billionaire After Muslim Ban by tomakint: 4:21pm On Dec 16, 2015
This is explosive in all ramifications......I love his gut, definitely the Muslim Nations worldwide will be divided further in their beliefs. Trump is it, For Us, By Us! (FUBU).

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Trump Hits Record Poll High As Americans Back Billionaire After Muslim Ban by tolzy90(m): 4:21pm On Dec 16, 2015
It's funny how people outside america have been criticizing Trump for his comments like they know what americans really want. Well, I think the poll is an eye opener now. This guy says what core americans wanna hear, issues that are considered sensitive and that other presidential aspirants don't have the balls to say. And that's what gives him the edge.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Trump Hits Record Poll High As Americans Back Billionaire After Muslim Ban by Nobody: 4:57pm On Dec 16, 2015
grin Muslims thought [b]sympathy [/b]was gonna wipe some shiiiiiiit sha cheesy cheesy lipsrsealed
The earlier you guys start preaching (your leaders especially) openly against terror, the better for una sad
America no want that kain 9/11 ish again naa cheesy grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Hits Record Poll High As Americans Back Billionaire After Muslim Ban by VocalWalls: 5:06pm On Dec 16, 2015
I knew it!
Forget all those condemning trump on Facebook, the real Americans will vote for him. They have a golden chance to deal with islam, not just terrorists.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Hits Record Poll High As Americans Back Billionaire After Muslim Ban by iykebest1(m): 5:16pm On Dec 16, 2015
yes kick their sorry azz outta America .peaceful religion my hairy nyash

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Hits Record Poll High As Americans Back Billionaire After Muslim Ban by Pavore9: 5:20pm On Dec 16, 2015
He merely said what many discuss around their dining tables.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Hits Record Poll High As Americans Back Billionaire After Muslim Ban by revolt(m): 6:01pm On Dec 16, 2015
Trump is the next president of the US.. He speaks the minds of the typical american. Difference is he's nt hypocritical about it. Most muslims bare some grudge against the US esp arabs

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Hits Record Poll High As Americans Back Billionaire After Muslim Ban by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 16, 2015
yes!!!!
Trump my nigga.... How do I send him 90 million votes? someone??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Hits Record Poll High As Americans Back Billionaire After Muslim Ban by omooba969(m): 6:16pm On Dec 16, 2015
If not accursed, I don't really know what it would cost these muslim people to commit to peace. cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Hits Record Poll High As Americans Back Billionaire After Muslim Ban by Atigba: 6:35pm On Dec 16, 2015
Go trump

Go
Re: Trump Hits Record Poll High As Americans Back Billionaire After Muslim Ban by sunkoye: 7:10pm On Dec 16, 2015
PureWays:
I just hope this man's "shiit talks" won't eventually result to war, that's if he becomes American president.
the man might just usher in the end of daz... undecided

Re: Trump Hits Record Poll High As Americans Back Billionaire After Muslim Ban by omoelesa(m): 7:19pm On Dec 16, 2015
PureWays:
GBAM.

1 Like

Re: Trump Hits Record Poll High As Americans Back Billionaire After Muslim Ban by MattChidi(m): 7:26pm On Dec 16, 2015
ok...good

1 Like

Re: Trump Hits Record Poll High As Americans Back Billionaire After Muslim Ban by olusegun1990(m): 7:40pm On Dec 16, 2015
pls when will Nigeria ban Islam may be by doing so Nigeria will be free from all this form of terrorism

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Hits Record Poll High As Americans Back Billionaire After Muslim Ban by olusegun1990(m): 7:43pm On Dec 16, 2015
pls when will Nigeria ban Islam may be by doing so Nigeria will be free from all this form of terrorism because many countries of the world are nau doing so because a religion of peace that is causing terrorism all over the world if u quote me dats ur business I don't reply any bullshit

3 Likes

Re: Trump Hits Record Poll High As Americans Back Billionaire After Muslim Ban by Lucasbalo(m): 8:02pm On Dec 16, 2015
tolzy90:
It's funny how people outside america have been criticizing Trump for his comments like they know what americans really want. Well, I think the poll is an eye opener now. This guy says what core americans wanna hear, issues that are considered sensitive and that other presidential aspirants don't have the balls to say. And that's what gives him the edge.
That gives him the edge in the Republican fields because the right wing crazies dominate the Republican primaries. Most Americans don't support Trump. He's a Circus barker that will never be elected to the Presidency.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Hits Record Poll High As Americans Back Billionaire After Muslim Ban by Lucasbalo(m): 8:13pm On Dec 16, 2015
revolt:
Trump is the next president of the US.. He speaks the minds of the typical american. Difference is he's nt hypocritical about it. Most muslims bare some grudge against the US esp arabs
No. Trump is a demagogue and a Racist. He doesn't speak for most Americans. He speaks for rabid racists and bigots like the KKK and the David Dukes of the US. His problems are not only Muslims, he dislikes people that look like you and Hispanics. He will not even be the Republican nominee. If he wins the Republican primary, he will be crushed in a landslide in November 2016 by Hillary. I am waiting to pull that lever for Hillary. It amazes me that people that never live or being in America knows about the going ons here. Those Republicans you guys are fawning about don't give a sh_t about people of your hues.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Hits Record Poll High As Americans Back Billionaire After Muslim Ban by Favparis(f): 8:34pm On Dec 16, 2015
thought u guys said he had already lost the Election because he said he would ban Muslims? cheesy

If there's ONE country that hates Muslims, it's USA. They have suffered a lot in the hands of Islamic Terrorist and would do anything to avoid them.

Trump just got himself White House Seat. QUOTE ME ANY WHERE

1 Like

Re: Trump Hits Record Poll High As Americans Back Billionaire After Muslim Ban by sportskid(m): 9:36pm On Dec 16, 2015
Donald is my man any day

1 Like

Re: Trump Hits Record Poll High As Americans Back Billionaire After Muslim Ban by Lucasbalo(m): 9:37pm On Dec 16, 2015
Favparis:
thought u guys said he had already lost the Election because he said he would ban Muslims? cheesy

If there's ONE country that hates Muslims, it's USA. They have suffered a lot in the hands of Islamic Terrorist and would do anything to avoid them.

Trump just got himself White House Seat. QUOTE ME ANY WHERE
obviously you don't know how things work in US. Trump hates people of your kind more than he hates Muslims and Arabs. I am one American who is telling you the Racist Circus Barker Trump will never become US President. He's as bigoted as they come.
Re: Trump Hits Record Poll High As Americans Back Billionaire After Muslim Ban by Opoki(m): 11:06pm On Dec 16, 2015
iykebest1:
yes kick their sorry azz outta America .peaceful religion my hairy nyash
Pizure of your hairy yansh or adonbelivit grin
Re: Trump Hits Record Poll High As Americans Back Billionaire After Muslim Ban by Opoki(m): 11:10pm On Dec 16, 2015
Millerz:
yes!!!!

Trump my nigga.... How do I send him 90 million votes? someone??
You need to consult General Momoh, Col. Dasuki and Fayose.
Re: Trump Hits Record Poll High As Americans Back Billionaire After Muslim Ban by Jaymima(f): 11:12pm On Dec 16, 2015
Chocolate thunder was here

1 Like

Re: Trump Hits Record Poll High As Americans Back Billionaire After Muslim Ban by Nobody: 11:45pm On Dec 16, 2015
I like and dislike Donald Trump at the same time.

1 Like

Re: Trump Hits Record Poll High As Americans Back Billionaire After Muslim Ban by khassy(m): 3:38am On Dec 17, 2015
Make America Great Again

MAGA

This guy na d real yahoo boi aswear gringrin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Under Buhari, No Sign Of Government Presence In Nigeria – PDP / Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin / Ministers Unhappy With President’s Directive To Cooperate With Okonjo-Iweala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.